Have PS3 exclusives started outperforming 360 exclusives?

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MarloStanfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MarloStanfield
Member since 2008 • 2409 Posts

At the start of this generation Sony decided to invest heavily in first party development. I doubt this is because they foresaw the failure of their 600 dollar monstrosity  but it is providing a huge benefit for them in the long term regardles.

It didn't really work out too well for them in the beginning, up until 2008 the only good exclusive on the console was Warhawk. But now we're starting to see the fruits of their labour. The PS3 had higher rated exclusives than the 360 this year by a fair margin.

When I look at PS3 exclusives  I see far more ambition than I see with 360 exclusives. Whether it's 256 players in MAG, jaw dropping graphics/animation/destructability in Killzone 2, user generated content in Little Big Planet or the unique cinematic touches in Heavy Rain. 

Upcoming exclusives for the PS3 include GT5, God of War 3, Infamous, MAG and Heavy Rain. Contrast that with the underwhelming exclusives coming to the 360 like Ninja Blade and the 5 hour long halo xpansion pack. 

Could 2009 be a repeat of 2008 exclusives wise? right now it looks like it

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts
No they havent.
kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kar008
Member since 2004 • 526 Posts

At the start of this generation Sony decided to invest heavily in first party development. I doubt this is because they foresaw the failure of their 600 dollar monstrosity  but it is providing a huge benefit for them in the long term regardles.

It didn't really work out too well for them in the beginning, up until 2008 the only good exclusive on the console was Warhawk. But now we're starting to see the fruits of their labour. The PS3 had higher rated exclusives than the 360 this year by a fair margin.

When I look at PS3 exclusives  I see far more ambition than I see with 360 exclusives. Whether it's 256 players in MAG, jaw dropping graphics/animation/destructability in Killzone 2, user generated content in Little Big Planet or the unique cinematic touches in Heavy Rain. 

Upcoming exclusives for the PS3 include GT5, God of War 3, Infamous, MAG and Heavy Rain. Contrast that with the underwhelming exclusives coming to the 360 like Ninja Blade and the 5 hour long halo xpansion pack. 

MarloStanfield
you are my new best friend here :P lol
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts
i'm not sure, they seem to be about even right now...
Squall18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 Squall18
Member since 2004 • 3756 Posts

Theres such a small difference I never notice.

I see that Fallout 3 and GTA4 look better on my 360 than ps3.  Dead space looks better on the ps3. 

Likw I said, the deciding factor for me is online.  I get mutli plats for 360 so I can play online since I have like 30 firends that have a 360.  None of em have a ps3.

joopyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 joopyme
Member since 2008 • 2598 Posts

MarloStanfield

i hope so AKON.

i just want 2009 to be filled with other WORTHWHILE gaming experiences, ps3 or 360 in that matter. :D

Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
No they havent.Gh0st_Of_0nyx
PS3 2008 >> Xbox 360 2008
MarloStanfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MarloStanfield
[

i hope so AKON.

joopyme

what does AKON mean?

joopyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 joopyme
[QUOTE="joopyme"][

i hope so AKON.

MarloStanfield

what does AKON mean?

isnt that akon as your avatar? :D

Israfel856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Israfel856
Member since 2006 • 2483 Posts
I think you'll find that the PS3 is still a long mile away. In addition, so many exclusives came out the last two years, this year seems like the appropriate time for a lull in 360 development. Plus, the 360 exclusives are better. Even if the PS3 ones are more ambitious, that doesn't mean they are better at all.
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

If they do I don't think it matters, the high profile PS3 exclusives take so long to make; 360 has had several games by the time they are released. For example Killzone 2 was announced before PS3 was even launched, in the time it took for that game to come out there has been two Gears of War titles.

Quality is better than quantity, but considering the time KZ2 and MGS4 was in development for perhaps they should scale back a bit and focus on getting more out?

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
For the year I bought more 360 exclusives than PS3. So based on which game system got my money the most this year I will have to say 360.
MarloStanfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MarloStanfield

joopyme

It's Jamie Hector, the guy who portrayed Marlo Stanfield on the Wire

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

MarloStanfield
You're right about the PS3 hitting it's stride in late 2008.. But don't down play Fable 2, Gears 2, Ninja Gaiden 2 ect.. I think the PS3 will continue to produce outstanding games next year while the 360 concentrates on securing some of the casual market and continuing to expand it's 3rd party(Tekken 6 says Hello). Also don't forget about Halo Wars, Alan Wake and Splinter Cell.. I'm sure those will review very well... fyi, Halo recon will probably outsell ALL of those PS3 titles.. ;)
joopyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 joopyme
[QUOTE="joopyme"]

MarloStanfield

haha, my bad.

it is jamie hector!

i squinted and saw the scar! :D

joopyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 joopyme
[QUOTE="MarloStanfield"][QUOTE="joopyme"]

kar008

self own

it is jamie hector :?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
Member since 2005 • 4624 Posts
There does seem to be more ambition with PS3 exclusives, but I'd credit the developers for that. And who the hell thought that was Akon?
MarloStanfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MarloStanfield
[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"] You're right about the PS3 hitting it's stride in late 2008.. But don't down play Fable 2, Gears 2, Ninja Gaiden 2 ect.. I think the PS3 will continue to produce outstanding games next year while the 360 concentrates on securing some of the casual market and continuing to expand it's 3rd party(Tekken 6 says Hello). Also don't forget about Halo Wars, Alan Wake and Splinter Cell.. I'm sure those will review very well... fyi, Halo recon will probably outsell ALL of those PS3 titles.. ;)

I don't really want to get into the sales argument, we all know which system has better software sales and it's not relaly relevant to my thread The exclusives you mentioned dont really inspire much confidence. Halo Wars sounds like it's doomed to failure given the closure of ensemble and the fact that it is an RTS made for consoles. Besides which Ensemble haven't really been on an upswing lately Likewise Splinter Cell conviction didnt look too hot last time we saw it and they havent been doing well with the series since the third game. Alan Wake sounds great though
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts
I agree, sony's exclusive line up is very high quality for the most part.
joopyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 joopyme
There does seem to be more ambition with PS3 exclusives, but I'd credit the developers for that. And who the hell thought that was Akon?bez2083
that would be me. T_T
Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
[QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"]No they havent.carlisledavid79

Well I think 360 2008 >>>>>> ps3 2008 just because It wasn't full of crap exclusives like MGS4.
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
Halo Wars and Star Ocean 4. I mean really, do your homework TC if you wanna bash a system.
MarloStanfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MarloStanfield

haha, my bad.

it is jamie hector!

i squinted and saw the scar! :D

joopyme

such a good show man. The guy who made it (David Simon) is apparently doing something about the Iraq War, cant wait to see it

There does seem to be more ambition with PS3 exclusives, but I'd credit the developers for that. And who the hell thought that was Akon?bez2083

To be fair it's a tiny picture and he's scowling in it

as for PS3 excliusives I'd have to give some fo the credit to Sony and the PS3 itself. It's often been said that the PS3 is apretty capable systsem it's just a pain in the ass to develop for. First/second party devs would have the advantage of the best tools and support and having no other option but to learn the system

and I think Sony have done an amazing job investing in New IP's and bringing back old ones. Warhawk was a awelcome blast from the past and uncharted, Resistance, LBP, Motorstorm etc are worthy additions to their library of first party games

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Whether it's 256 players in MAG, jaw dropping graphics/animation/destructability in Killzone 2, user generated content in Little Big Planet or the unique cinematic touches in Heavy Rain.

User generated content in LBP and saw where that got them? Unique? cinematic touches in heavy rain? been done before in Indigo prophecy Heavy rain seems to be yet another time action event movie.
256 players in MAG whats basically an MMO and will fail to all the MMO flaws, As for Kill zone 2 its still not up to par with the Real Time Graphics :roll: of the 2005 video till it is im not interested.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
[QUOTE="carlisledavid79"][QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"]No they havent.Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Well I think 360 2008 >>>>>> ps3 2008 just because It wasn't full of crap exclusives like MGS4.

MGS4 was crap? Come on, now. Besides the cut scenes that stretched a bit long, what made it crap?
joopyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 joopyme

[QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"][QUOTE="carlisledavid79"] PS3 2008 >> Xbox 360 2008bez2083

MGS4 was crap? Come on, now. Besides the cut scenes that stretched a bit long, what made it crap?

well, its hard for him to appreciate the game with his fanboy glasses on. :P

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts
[QUOTE="MarloStanfield"][QUOTE="OhSnapitz"] You're right about the PS3 hitting it's stride in late 2008.. But don't down play Fable 2, Gears 2, Ninja Gaiden 2 ect.. I think the PS3 will continue to produce outstanding games next year while the 360 concentrates on securing some of the casual market and continuing to expand it's 3rd party(Tekken 6 says Hello). Also don't forget about Halo Wars, Alan Wake and Splinter Cell.. I'm sure those will review very well... fyi, Halo recon will probably outsell ALL of those PS3 titles.. ;)

I don't really want to get into the sales argument, we all know which system has better software sales and it's not relaly relevant to my thread The exclusives you mentioned dont really inspire much confidence. Halo Wars sounds like it's doomed to failure given the closure of ensemble and the fact that it is an RTS made for consoles. Besides which Ensemble haven't really been on an upswing lately Likewise Splinter Cell conviction didnt look too hot last time we saw it and they havent been doing well with the series since the third game. Alan Wake sounds great though

Personal preference... Halo wars will probably scored very well considering it's roots.. And It's almost guaranteed to sell atleast 500k - 1 mil based on the name alone. You're crazy if you down play that market. Check your splinter Cell fact sheet (the-magicbox sales charts) ALL of the splinter cell games have sold over 1 million copies.. And they ALL score AA-AAA on the XB platforms. Again you're crazy if you downplay that market. Alan wake will be hit or miss.. I honestly look forward to RE5 a lot more than AW, but i'll check it out anyway. Halo 3 Recon will clear 3-4 million before the end of 2009 *QUOTE ME* ..AND it'll be an AAA title *QUOTE ME AGAIN* And I forgot about Star Ocean and FFXIII.. Yea the PS3 is looking a lot better at this point for 09 games, but the 360 is holding it's own and may surprise a lot of people.
Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pimpshigity21
Member since 2005 • 1896 Posts

MarloStanfield

In 2008 all you got was MGS4.  Sure, you got Resistance 2 and LBP, but apparently the games are average at best, and boring in the worst case (according to cow reports)...and the lackluster sales reflcect this.  Most cows, of course, will say that everything released on the PS3 is just sooooo awesome. 

You better pray 2009 is not a repeat of 2008.

YoungRay20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 YoungRay20
Member since 2008 • 174 Posts
No they havent.Gh0st_Of_0nyx
First party owns wii and 360s. 360 might have more 3rd party exclusives but most are full of fail.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

[QUOTE="bez2083"][QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"] Well I think 360 2008 >>>>>> ps3 2008 just because It wasn't full of crap exclusives like MGS4.joopyme

True, true. That show your talking about is actually a mini-series called Generation Kill, based off a book with the same name. It should be on DVD by now, it was awesome.
sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sam280992
Member since 2007 • 3754 Posts
[QUOTE="Pimpshigity21"][QUOTE="MarloStanfield"]

In 2008 all you got was MGS4.  Sure, you got Resistance 2 and LBP, but apparently the games are average at best, and boring in the worst case (according to cow reports)...and the lackluster sales reflcect this.  Most cows, of course, will say that everything released on the PS3 is just sooooo awesome. 

So average they got 9s here...
joopyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 joopyme
[QUOTE="joopyme"]

[QUOTE="bez2083"] MGS4 was crap? Come on, now. Besides the cut scenes that stretched a bit long, what made it crap?bez2083

True, true. That show your talking about is actually a mini-series called Generation Kill, based off a book with the same name. It should be on DVD by now, it was awesome.

:D

Generation Kill?

should check up on that.. :D

thanks.

YoungRay20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 YoungRay20
Member since 2008 • 174 Posts
[QUOTE="MarloStanfield"]

Pimpshigity21

your better pray you become a gamer and less of a fanboy. ps3 had better exclusives in 08 than 360 and thats a fact. and have fun playin sales. I find it funny how some people think because games dont sell like gears, they will never sell. if all we got was mgs4, all you got was gears and which got rated higher? RIP PImpahighity21
joopyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 joopyme

sam280992

So average they got 9s here...

havent you heard?

9's are the new average today! :roll:

pfft.. UPDATE people! :P

johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts

im more hyped for Mass Effect 2 and Alan Wake then any PS3 exclusive

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45363 Posts

Sony didn't price the inital PS3 at $600 for fun, it was because the damn thing cost $850 to make. Wasn't the ps1 initially $300 when it first came out? The point is that it needs to break into the market before it could sell cheaper. People act like this is a phenomenon for some reason. When a new technology comes out, of course it's pricey.

As for exclusives, yes Sony is doing the right thing.  I always consider Sony a leader in gaming. Yea the 360 can make a few great games, but Sony keeps pushing for more.  It is a very smart thing to go with your inhouse devs because nowadays many third parties can't afford to just go one platform.   

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45363 Posts
[QUOTE="MarloStanfield"]

At the start of this generation Sony decided to invest heavily in first party development. I doubt this is because they foresaw the failure of their 600 dollar monstrosity but it is providing a huge benefit for them in the long term regardles.

When I look at PS3 exclusives I see far more ambition than I see with 360 exclusives. Whether it's 256 players in MAG, jaw dropping graphics/animation/destructability in Killzone 2, user generated content in Little Big Planet or the unique cinematic touches in Heavy Rain.

Pimpshigity21

In 2008 all you got was MGS4. Sure, you got Resistance 2 and LBP, but apparently the games are average at best, and boring in the worst case (according to cow reports)...and the lackluster sales reflcect this. Most cows, of course, will say that everything released on the PS3 is just sooooo awesome.

Lackluster sales? What exactly is lackluster? LBP is almost at a million at this point and it hasn't been a month yet. People act like LBP is suppose to sell millions like MGS4, Fable 2, and Gears 2. For one thing, all of those games mentioned are sequels and had enough time to establish themselves. Another thing is that LBP doesn't reach out to the casual as much as those games do.  It will sell more as time goes by.  Resistance 2 just came out in Europe which had higher sales for Resistance 1. 

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
[QUOTE="bez2083"][QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"][QUOTE="carlisledavid79"] PS3 2008 >> Xbox 360 2008

This is to easy: The gameplay sucked Graphics were sub par , Story was just as ridiculous as the previous MGS's Ive played and like always the characters were a big joke and thats why I thought it was crap. The music was awsome tho
Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pimpshigity21
Member since 2005 • 1896 Posts

YoungRay20

your better pray you become a gamer and less of a fanboy. ps3 had better exclusives in 08 than 360 and thats a fact. and have fun playin sales.

I know, I know...in the PS3 world, the worst a game sells, the better it is.  

if all we got was mgs4, all you got was gears and which got rated higher? RIP PImpahighity21YoungRay20

Just because a game gets a high score does not automatically make it a fun game.  Hell, Bioshock is one of the most boring games I have ever played.  Fun games do well...word of mouth spreads.  Boring games don't sell that well...LBP seems to fall into this category.    

You guys are pounding your chests as you scream "GS Scores".  Fine, I guess you've got nothing better to do until Home comes out...but we all know those games are not that great since they had embarrassing sales.   I mean, they are not bad games, but they are nothing to write home about (regardless of the GS scores).

world69star69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#41 world69star69
Member since 2005 • 1401 Posts
PS3 exclusives were definatly better this year then xbox...you got more originality and Sony actually has a 1st party that is focused alot on creating NEW ip and revamping old ip for this gen. M$ took dismantled it's 1st party devs why? So they could use the money that would go to developing games into recouping the loss the price cut is giving them, to pay for rrod, and to make annoying 3rd party dlc bribes. M$ has never been innovative or creative - sure some of there 3rd parties have been, but not m$ itself. None of the xbox exclusives are new ip..what does that tell you. There where a lot of sony made new ip games on blue ray and psn. Next year is going to be great for Ps3 owners just like 2008 was. I really think the system needed to get through it's first year to hit its stride. All consoles do...even the 360(shock..for you die hard lems), the 360 was just porting pc games it's first year, people only tend to look at gears which came out at the end of it's first year...well guess what Sony had 2 exclusives to top gears, uncharted, heavenly sword, Resistance 1,folklore, and warhawk...all came out in the first year. This year 360 has Gears2, NG2, fable 2, and banjo....Ps3 hasRatchet and Clank, MGS4, Gt5p, Valkyria Chronicles, Disgaea 3, Wipeout HD, Resistance 2, Little Big Planet, Socom Confrontation, Haze,Naruto,Siren Blood Curse Motorstorm 2. (plus pixel junk- monsters, eden, last guy, echochrome, ssabc, and echochrome as some new origianl smaller scale psn games while 360 had castle crashers and braid).
People are quick to compare sales and just look at gears2. You can't compare the game sales to gears 2, its an anommaly, the game was hyped beyond belief and all lems and 14 year old kids were drooling for the game after they were brainwashed by cliffy I hate the pc B...The xbox got a few exclusives this year but nothing like the ps3 saw...and all the ps3 exclusives besides HAze were great!
tikki25x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tikki25x
Member since 2003 • 1546 Posts
here we go again. i dont know why people waste their time comparing the two. we dont really know jack about what MS has planned for next year. and everyone knows most of Sonys lineup tho im sure they have some surprises up their sleeves. every year people say this and usually end up looking bad. im thinking MS has more than 2 games planned for next year but thats just me.
world69star69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#43 world69star69
Member since 2005 • 1401 Posts
[QUOTE="carlisledavid79"][QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"]No they havent.Gh0st_Of_0nyx

COME ON? 99% of all players and all game reviewers disagree with you...did you even play mgs4? Do you even have a ps3? I am thinking no, with that wii avatar...My guess is you are a young kid who can't afford a ps3, and would rather bash it then accept it has better games out or coming out then either of your consoles...I own a wii too, but i realize that it's console lineup is trash and targeted for babies and casuals!
MGS4 is a fantastic game that really takes story telling in gaming to a whole new level, people complain about cut-scenes but its stupid they are integral to the plot and they are all in-game, so you are never watching cgi.. The game is filled with gameplay that you can solve the game from either stealth or run and gun or mixtures of different tactics. The game gives you an arsenal so big , you have so many choices on how you want to proceed. MGs4 was a masterpiece and it deserves it's 10 score given by multiple sites.
Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
[QUOTE="world69star69"][QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"][QUOTE="carlisledavid79"] PS3 2008 >> Xbox 360 2008

COME ON? 99% of all players and all game reviewers disagree with you...did you even play mgs4? Do you even have a ps3? I am thinking no, with that wii avatar...My guess is you are a young kid who can't afford a ps3, and would rather bash it then accept it has better games out or coming out then either of your consoles...I own a wii too, but i realize that it's console lineup is trash and targeted for babies and casuals!
MGS4 is a fantastic game that really takes story telling in gaming to a whole new level, people complain about cut-scenes but its stupid they are integral to the plot and they are all in-game, so you are never watching cgi.. The game is filled with gameplay that you can solve the game from either stealth or run and gun or mixtures of different tactics. The game gives you an arsenal so big , you have so many choices on how you want to proceed. MGs4 was a masterpiece and it deserves it's 10 score given by multiple sites.

I dont have a problem that they disagree with me. I disliked MGS4 for the reasons I listed. Its like you MGS fanboys cant take someone NOT likeing MGS, I must be some young kid whos to poor to afford a ps3 :roll: When infact Im 19 with a job and Have played 3 out of the four MGS games and each of them is garbage.
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
no 360 exclusives are better
micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 micky4889
Member since 2006 • 2668 Posts
For 2008 yes
Avatar image for metalgear-solid
metalgear-solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 metalgear-solid
Member since 2004 • 7001 Posts
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 as a PlayStation 3 exclusive sure seems to blow away everything. And Sony's first party has always been stronger than Microsoft's.
MenecingRabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MenecingRabbit
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Sony didn't price the inital PS3 at $600 for fun, it was because the damn thing cost $850 to make. Wasn't the ps1 initially $300 when it first came out? The point is that it needs to break into the market before it could sell cheaper. People act like this is a phenomenon for some reason. When a new technology comes out, of course it's pricey.

As for exclusives, yes Sony is doing the right thing.  I always consider Sony a leader in gaming. Yea the 360 can make a few great games, but Sony keeps pushing for more.  It is a very smart thing to go with your inhouse devs because nowadays many third parties can't afford to just go one platform.   

SolidGame_basic
Or maybe Sony shouldn't have made the ps3 cost $850 to produce from the start. You know like use the failed Cell, instead of a normal CPU like MS did. Which sure isn't more powerful then the Cell, but is more cost effective (i.e you get good performance for less $$$).
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#49 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30573 Posts
Gears2 is acording to most reviews the console graphics king, so...NO
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#50 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I do think R 2 and LBP are more ambitious than any exclusive games on the 360/Wii this year. I've always thought Sony's 1st/2nd party games would be the most impressive games of this gen. It's true in 2008 and looks to be true in 2009.