Has there been multiplat vid comparison between X1 and PS4?

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

I mean aside from BF4 (which X1 seemed to have won that round), has there been any other multiplats video comparison that I missed?

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

there's also the cod video where Xbox One yet again had the edge due to more consistent fps and sharper textures.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

No. Microsoft is holding back all of their games from the public and media so the shitbox 720p doesn't get exposed

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mystery_Writer

@KarateeeChop said:

there's also the cod video where Xbox One yet again had the edge due to more consistent fps and sharper textures.

I'm puzzled by this tbh.. The majority of the reported rumors indicate PS4 having the more capable hardware. Yet so far it's somehow not the case when it comes to multiplats.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

@KarateeeChop said:

Link? I haven't seen this video, nor have I heard about it..

Also, the XB1 version of BF4 has sharper textures, due to the superior upscale method, but distant objects are very blocky due to the lower resolution...

sora16perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sora16perfect
Member since 2007 • 730 Posts

I could have sworn that the ps4 version of bf 4 looked better.

s0ldier69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 s0ldier69
Member since 2005 • 2281 Posts

Only one I have seen is the BF4 compare on IGN. And yea, x1 def looked better.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@sora16perfect said:

I would say they looked pretty much identical, only PS4 version ran a little smoother.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By superclocked

@Mystery_Writer said:

@KarateeeChop said:

I'm puzzled by this tbh.. The majority of the reported rumors indicate PS4 having the more capable hardware. Yet so far it's somehow not the case when it comes to multiplats.

The XB1 uses a superior upscale method that makes textures appear sharper instead of blurring them. The trade off is that objects in the distance in BF4 look like crap on the XB1 version, due to the lower resolution..

For comparisons where the PS4 version is not upscaled, like Call of Duty, there will be no way for the XB1 version to look nearly as good. The PS4 version will not be blurred through upscaling, so textures will be sharper, details will be sharper, objects, especially ones the distance, will be less blocky, and you will also be able to see much further into the distance..

No upscale method will make 720p look anywhere near as good as native 1080p...

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 inggrish

@superclocked said:

@KarateeeChop said:

Also, the XB1 version of BF4 has sharper textures, due to the superior upscale method, but distant objects are very blocky due to the lower resolution...

I would like to see this as well. I think he is just making it up or it would be a lot more easy to find.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mystery_Writer

@superclocked said:

@KarateeeChop said:

Whatever the excuses, the problem is the end result makes the PS4 version looks inferior, which is puzzling given the expectations from the hardware. Hence, I was thinking maybe it's one off. But now I'm interested to see the CoD comparison as well.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By superclocked

@_Matt_ said:

@superclocked said:

@KarateeeChop said:

I would like to see this as well. I think he is just making it up or it would be a lot more easy to find.

Yeah, there is a reason that they're not showing a comparison for Call of Duty. The jump from 720p to 1080p is huge, and no upscale method will fix the blockiness and loss of detail in the XB1 version...

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By inggrish

@superclocked said:

@_Matt_ said:

@superclocked said:

Yeah, there is a reason that they're not showing a comparison for Call of Duty. The jump from 720p to 1080p is huge, and no upscale method will fix the blockiness and loss of detail in the XB1 version...

The jump in power needed to push those pixels must be huge, even if the end result is less so. We shall see soon enough, but I would take what Katateeechop says with a grain of salt, wouldn't be the first time he made something completely up...

sora16perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sora16perfect
Member since 2007 • 730 Posts

@Mystery_Writer said:

@superclocked said:

@KarateeeChop said:

Whatever the excuses, the problem is the end result makes the PS4 version looks inferior, which is puzzling given the expectations from the hardware. Hence, I was thinking maybe it's one off. But now I'm interested to see the CoD comparison as well.

I'm trying to figure out where you're getting this from when everyone who's seen both versions in person says that the ps4 version is superior.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By superclocked

@Mystery_Writer said:

@superclocked said:

@KarateeeChop said:

This is a good example of what looks better in each version. The textures look better in the XB1 version, but the distant objects look horrible. Notice how much better the towers look in the PS4 version. That is just a small jump in resolution from 720p to 900p. Now, imagine the jump from 720p to 1080p. The PS4 version of CoD is far superior...

Muffin2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 Muffin2020
Member since 2013 • 534 Posts

@Couth_ said:

No. Microsoft is holding back all of their games from the public and media so the shitbox 720p doesn't get exposed

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

The PS4 version of BF4 looks factually better than Xbone. You need to get your eyes checked if you are seeing otherwise.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mystery_Writer

Could this be the result of tiled resources MS were talking about? Or it's too early to adopt that technology?

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

PS4 will have better looking multiplats

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By inggrish

@Mystery_Writer said:

Could this be the result of tiled resources MS were talking about? Or it's too early to adopt that technology?

You do realise PS4 has tiled resources too, right?

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 inggrish

@superclocked said:

@Mystery_Writer said:

@superclocked said:

@KarateeeChop said:

This is a good example of what looks better in each version. The textures look better in the XB1 version, but the distant objects look horrible. Notice how much better the towers look in the PS4 version. That is just a small jump in resolution from 720p to 900p. Now, imagine the jump from 720p to 1080p. The PS4 version of CoD is far superior...

Pretty good comparison shot that. I wonder why the X1 does have better close up textures; it would be interesting to find out. The towers look an awful mess on the X1 version.

It is worth noting too, it doesn't just look different, the PS4 version also runs better too.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mystery_Writer

@superclocked said:

"horrible" distant objects?

The distant mountain snow details doesn't even exist in the PS4 version. BTW, the picture on the left is the PS4 one (not the right).

Also, if you were given those two pictures without labels, which one you'd point out as the inferior?

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@sora16perfect said:

You are correct. He is just trolling and doing a shitty job at it like most trolls these days.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By inggrish

@Mystery_Writer said:

@superclocked said:

The distant mountain snow details doesn't even exist in the PS4 version. BTW, the picture on the left is the PS4 one (not the right).

Also, if you were given those two pictures without labels, which one you'd point out as the inferior?

Honestly, the right one.

I glance at the pictures, and my eyes instantly drawn to the jaggies on the towers and trees, it sticks out in the overall image.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mystery_Writer
@_Matt_ said:

@Mystery_Writer said:

Honestly, the right one.

I glance at the pictures, and my eyes instantly drawn to the jaggies on the towers and trees, it sticks out in the overall image.

I'd take your word for it. But that wouldn't be the choice of a techie analyzing those pics.

The distant towers of the X1 version look sharper. There are even whole objects that aren't showing on the PS4 version like the street pole at the distance (highlighted below) along with the surrounding towers and background mountain details.

There are plenty of details missing in close and far objects that you don't seem to care about. If blurry is your opinion of superior, then I have no idea how we could move the discussion forward from here in a logical and objective manner.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

@superclocked said:

@Mystery_Writer said:

@superclocked said:

@KarateeeChop said:

Wow the XBox One looks sooooo much better. It's pretty amazing considering that the PS4 obviously has better hardware. Must be dat secret sauce

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

@Mystery_Writer said:

@KarateeeChop said:

No, it's that ignorant people see Brighter Colors and a very crappy side by side from digital foundry and want to declare the X1 the winner despite being able to cut themselves on those jaggies. PS4 is pushing 1600 x 900 at a more stable framerate, X1 is 1280 x 720 with a scaler (the scaler makes things very sharp, but enhances the aliasing) and runs at a similar frame rate (just a little bit worse). The people who think the X1 version is superior, probably also have the Image destroying Dynamic and Vivid presets enabled on their HDTV's.

Also, Digital Foundry is not a good example as both are screwed up. PS4 image is softer than any other footage and also washed out with the contrast/color jacked up to light. The X1 has it's contrast and color jacked up too to the point of where it's insainly dark. Again, Jack Frags footage is much better.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

Xbox One version of BF4 does look better than the PS4 version, from the comparisons we've seen.

There hasn't been any other comparisons.

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 SinjinSmythe
Member since 2008 • 1049 Posts

I think some dumb cow mentioned about being blind? No matter he does one post and never backs anything up.

If the "Weaker" hardware looks better now, imagine what the final version will look like after the day one patch?????

ON TOPIC: This will repeat for the life of the next gen multiplat cycle.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

Not only will BF4 look better on X1 we all know the online experience will also be miles better on X1 as well.

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SinjinSmythe

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@superclocked said:

@Mystery_Writer said:

@superclocked said:

@KarateeeChop said:

Wow the XBox One looks sooooo much better. It's pretty amazing considering that the PS4 obviously has better hardware. Must be dat secret sauce

So far Sony has demonstrated superior fog. As seen above and in numerous KZ shots. FogStation indeed.

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SinjinSmythe

@juarbles said:

All reports say that all next gen games look better on the PS4 so I don't know why lems are even trying considering they lost and the Xbone isn't even considered a proper gaming machine.

Reports? REPORTS? oh Christ you have fallen into the bullshit. Please go get a shower and try to educate yourself.

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SinjinSmythe

@juarbles said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@juarbles said:

All reports say that all next gen games look better on the PS4 so I don't know why lems are even trying considering they lost and the Xbone isn't even considered a proper gaming machine.

Reports? REPORTS? oh Christ you have fallen into the bullshit. Please go get a shower and try to educate yourself.

Is not my job to educate xboners on their lack of information. Facts speak for themselves.

First you go all fanboy then try to say facts speak for themselves. All credibility lost.

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SinjinSmythe

when you say the X1 isn't even a proper gaming machine.......................come on dude wake up.

Why don't you tell me how it isn't a proper gaming machine. I would love to hear.

5dlrbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 5dlrbill
Member since 2012 • 103 Posts

Wow Xbox1 looks better.

ohgeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ohgeez
Member since 2011 • 919 Posts

Every single media outlet that has compared them has reported the PS4 version to be the superior version aesthetically. The "better looking" xbone screenshots are due to a capture error. Here is digital foundry's followup to that article:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-battlefield-4-face-off-qa

From the article:

Is this the result of you processing the footage to make it look better compared to PlayStation 4?

Um, you don't make a game look better by crushing subtle detail. The lowering of dynamic range like this physically can't make a game look better - it can only look worse. The only regret here is that the drive for the best possible assets has resulted in captures that do not fully represent how DICE wants the game to be played.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 danabo

@ohgeez said:

Every single media outlet that has compared them has reported the PS4 version to be the superior version aesthetically. The "better looking" xbone screenshots are due to a capture error. Here is digital foundry's followup to that article:

From the article:

Is this the result of you processing the footage to make it look better compared to PlayStation 4?

Um, you don't make a game look better by crushing subtle detail. The lowering of dynamic range like this physically can't make a game look better - it can only look worse. The only regret here is that the drive for the best possible assets has resulted in captures that do not fully represent how DICE wants the game to be played.

The IGN comparison also looked better on Xbox One.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

@5dlrbill said:

Wow Xbox1 looks better.

Don't let these lems fool you with tiny screenshots to hide the fugly low resolution and jaggies galore. In fact, xbone has more jaggies than PS3!!

Click for full size.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 danabo

Also, higher FPS on Xbox One.

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SinjinSmythe

@ohgeez said:

From the article:

Are you going to listen to Eurogamer because they said so? They had the footage right there and they still printed that BS. Biased and all for Sony will get you results like this.

I have been saying Show me what looks better..................Don't tell me what looks better.

From what I have seen the X1 looks better.

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SinjinSmythe

@killzowned24 said:

@5dlrbill said:

Wow Xbox1 looks better.

Don't let these lems fool you with tiny screenshots to hide the fugly low resolution and jaggies galore. In fact, xbone has more jaggies than PS3!!

Click for full size.

you obviously missed all the comparisons I put up above. Go with your cherry picked shot then.

ohgeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ohgeez

@danabo: Well IGN haven't commented on it yet and probably won't until they release the full reviews of the next gen versions. I suppose we will know what they think at that time.

If you don't mind me asking, what specifically about the ign xbox footage is better? If it is something like say the textures, can you provide sources other than your opinion that it is objectively better?

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 danabo

@ohgeez said:

@danabo: Well IGN haven't commented on it yet and probably won't until they release the full reviews of the next gen versions. I suppose we will know what they think at that time.

If you don't mind me asking, what specifically about the ign xbox footage is better? If it is something like say the textures, can you provide sources other than your opinion that it is objectively better?

Go watch it, it just looks better. Cleaner, crisper, and more detailed on the Xbox One. And not a blurry mess like the PS4 version. I'm not delusional, though, this is on comparison videos and images on my PC monitor. When you get the two versions running side-by-side I'm sure the PS4 version performs a lot better, as press reviews have indicated. Also, it's amusing to me that certain people care about the difference so much.

Armoured_Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Armoured_Mage
Member since 2005 • 766 Posts

these comparisons are pointless when you can tell that the colour is off in one of the sets of screenshots.

the lighting does seem to be better on the xbone though.

ohgeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ohgeez
@SinjinSmythe said:

@ohgeez said:

From the article:

Are you going to listen to Eurogamer because they said so? They had the footage right there and they still printed that BS. Biased and all for Sony will get you results like this.

I have been saying Show me what looks better..................Don't tell me what looks better.

Except that as the article states, the pictures which YOU have posted here are NOT representative of what the actual xbox experience is so your subjective viewpoint is based on something that simply isn't true.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 danabo

@ohgeez said:
@SinjinSmythe said:

@ohgeez said:

From the article:

Except that as the article states, the pictures which YOU have posted here are NOT representative of what the actual xbox experience is so your subjective viewpoint is based on something that simply isn't true.

No, it will look better than it does in those images. Um, you don't make a game look better by crushing subtle detail. The lowering of dynamic range like this physically can't make a game look better - it can only look worse. Also, adjusting the image won't suddenly make the extra details disappear. Adjusting contrast won't make those rocks vanish.