Has Nintendo forgotten what made Star Fox series is really about?

• 65 results
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

I don't think they've forgotten what made Star Fox great, I just think they're playing with it too much.

That series has produced every kind of game: action adventure games, rail shooters, combos of both, strategy... It's basically Nintendo saying "Why don't we try this?" and then slapping that idea on an established brand.

Nintendo keeps talking about wanting to do something new with the series, but if there was a series that ever just needed straight-up, no bullshit sequels, Star Fox is it. Because we're really gotten one (Star Fox 64), which was more remake than anything else.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@emgesp said:

The industry has sucked his di** for over 30 yrs so I think he's due for some criticism.

Miyamoto has done a lot of great things for the industry, but his track record is not as perfect as some would like to believe.

"Miyamoto has done a lot of great things for the industry"

And you think you still have grounds to say that after you freaking compared him to George Lucas? A man who lost ALL respect in the film industry/Star Wars fandom once he altered the original trilogy and released the prequels?

Well hopefully Miyamoto learned from Star Fox: Zero and will do himself and all of us a favor and retire before he does become another Lucas.

His legacy isn't tarnished yet, but if he keeps fudging up like has been then its only a matter of time before the industry and fans turns on him.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By DarkLink77

@emgesp said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@emgesp said:

The industry has sucked his di** for over 30 yrs so I think he's due for some criticism.

Miyamoto has done a lot of great things for the industry, but his track record is not as perfect as some would like to believe.

"Miyamoto has done a lot of great things for the industry"

And you think you still have grounds to say that after you freaking compared him to George Lucas? A man who lost ALL respect in the film industry/Star Wars fandom once he altered the original trilogy and released the prequels?

Well hopefully Miyamoto learned from Star Fox: Zero and will do himself and all of us a favor and retire before he does become another Lucas.

His legacy isn't tarnished yet, but if he keeps fudging up like has been then its only a matter of time before the industry and fans turns on him.

Miyamoto's legacy is as secure as it could possibly be. He is the single most important and greatest game developer of all time. The fact that he's making mediocre games at the end of his career isn't going to damage his legacy in any way.

Frankly, the only reason Lucas' legacy is damaged is because of the Special Editions, and that's only because you can't find the theatrical cuts anymore. If you could, no one would care.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By emgesp

@DarkLink77 said:

Miyamoto's legacy is as secure as it could possibly be. He is the single most important and greatest game developer of all time. The fact that he's making mediocre games at the end of his career isn't going to damage his legacy in any way.

Frankly, the only reason Lucas' legacy is damaged is because of the Special Editions, and that's only because you can't find the theatrical cuts anymore. If you could, no one would care.

But Miyamoto is a big reason why Nintendo is in the bind that they are currently in. He was behind the Wii U which ended up becoming one of Nintendo's biggest disasters. He's been holding back the company and if he doesn't leave I'm afraid things will only get worse from here. Yes, Miyamoto is an important figure in the video game industry, but that doesn't give him a free pass to just muck things up.

I mean geeze you even have guys like Kyle Bosman calling Miyamoto a failure and Bosman is one of the most likable and unbiased guys around.

Loading Video...
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 DarkLink77

@emgesp said:
@DarkLink77 said:

But Miyamoto is a big reason why Nintendo is in the bind that they are currently in. He was behind the Wii U which ended up becoming one of Nintendo's biggest disasters. He's been holding back the company and if he doesn't leave I'm afraid things will only get worse from here. Yes, Miyamoto is an important figure in the video game industry, but that doesn't give him a free pass to just muck things up.

No one's giving him a free pass. I agree that he should step into a mentoring role, and little else.

But implying that his legacy is in danger is just wrong.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 emgesp

@DarkLink77 said:
@emgesp said:
@DarkLink77 said:

No one's giving him a free pass. I agree that he should step into a mentoring role, and little else.

Well if he keeps interfering in a negative way then yes his legacy can be somewhat tarnished.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#57  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@emgesp said:
@DarkLink77 said:
@emgesp said:
@DarkLink77 said:

Well if he keeps interfering in a negative way then yes his legacy can be somewhat tarnished.

No it cant, no one even comes close to developing the amount of awesome games he has this gen. I dare you to find a COMPANY, who has developed half of what he has this gen. Look at the games Miyamoto has developed, straight masterpieces.

But yeah, go ahead and blame Platinum games on Miyamoto, i guess it was his fault the public has never found a Platinum game appealing, yeah, Miyamotos fault indeed. Platinum needs to fire his arse, he been destroying the company since day 1.

• Star Fox Guard
  • Twilight Princess HD
  • Tri-force Heroes
  • Super Mario Maker
  • Splatoon
  • Majoras Mask 3D
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Wind Waker HD
  • Pikmin 3
  • Luigi Mansion Dark Moon
  • New SUper Mario Bros U
  • Nintendo Land
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Ocarina of Time 3D

O man, look at all the harm Miyamoto is causing Nintendo. These are all the games hes produced this gen, dude straight sucks. Im surprised he wasnt fired long ago after looking at this list.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 emgesp

@iandizion713 said:
@emgesp said:
@DarkLink77 said:
@emgesp said:
@DarkLink77 said:

No it cant, no one even comes close to developing the amount of awesome games he has this gen. I dare you to find a COMPANY, who has developed half of what he has this gen. Look at the games Miyamoto has developed, straight masterpieces.

But yeah, go ahead and blame Platinum games on Miyamoto, i guess it was his fault the public has never found a Platinum game appealing, yeah, Miyamotos fault indeed. Platinum needs to fire his arse, he been destroying the company since day 1.

• Star Fox Guard
  • Twilight Princess HD
  • Tri-force Heroes
  • Super Mario Maker
  • Splatoon
  • Majoras Mask 3D
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Wind Waker HD
  • Pikmin 3
  • New SUper Mario Bros U
  • Nintendo Land
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Ocarina of Time 3D

O man, look at all the harm Miyamoto is causing Nintendo. These are all the games hes produced this gen, dude straight sucks. Im surprised he wasnt fired long ago after looking at this list.

First of all he didn't "make" all those games and why the hell are you even listing remasters?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By iandizion713

@emgesp: He helped develop those games. What do you think he does all day?

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 emgesp

@iandizion713 said:

@emgesp: He helped develop those games. What do you think he does all day?

He wasn't as involved in say a game like Splatoon as he was with Star Fox Zero.

Star Fox Zero and Project Guard were games made specifically to show the benefits of the game pad and well he failed.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
@iandizion713 said:

• Star Fox Guard
  • Twilight Princess HD
  • Tri-force Heroes
  • Super Mario Maker
  • Splatoon
  • Majoras Mask 3D
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Wind Waker HD
  • Pikmin 3
  • New SUper Mario Bros U
  • Nintendo Land
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Ocarina of Time 3D

Considering the control scheme is a Miyamoto thing dating back to when they first revealed it, and not a Platinum, yes actually it is all on Miyamoto and not Platinum.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By jg4xchamp

@emgesp said:
@jg4xchamp said:

All they needed to do was make a rail shooter with tight controls, and let platinum run the show from there. Instead we got this stupid showcase for a control scheme that is counterintuitive.

Additionally it gimped the diverging paths of 64, doesn't maintain the charm of 64, and recycles so much shit from that game without moving that formula forward. I think the people who want no mans sky or wing commander from the game are idiots as they are missing the point of starfox, but Nintendo refuses to evolve some of their ips in logical ways.

This game should have been a no brainer, instead it's pretty close to my least favorite platinum game.

Miyamoto has officially become George Lucas.

Lucas wasn't even remotely close to being GOAT as far as film directors or creators. Miyamoto is on a very short list for that title in this medium, a few shitty games, won't make me think Miyamoto is lucas. Yeah he fell off, that was going to happen. It's a creative field, eventually you're just not as good as you once were. I can accept that.

Lucas came off as an idiot, especially because the best movies based on his creations, weren't with him directing, and in film, directors are pretty fucking important.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#63  Edited By Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I thought Star Fox 64 was decent but I was never a big fan of the franchise (same with Kirby).

Besides Sin and Punishment 2 exists.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By jg4xchamp

@Seabas989 said:

I thought Star Fox 64 was decent but I was never a big fan of the franchise (same with Kirby).

Besides Sin and Punishment 2 exists.

Sin and Punishment 2 sure is dope. Treasure is beast.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By iandizion713

@Seabas989: Id love a new Sin & Punishment, game is awesome on Wii.