Has MS convinced you to buy or at least think about buying an Xbox One?

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for NationProtector
NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 NationProtector
Member since 2013 • 1609 Posts
I was angry at first, but the, going back and continuing to offer thing as an apology, as well as the new promotional add and the slight less meh launch line-up of the two, I feel that I think i may end up getting one. The Wii U has a gap right now, and I need a console to fill in the gap, and the Xbox One is looking better every day, while the PS4 has been the same for me since E3. What about you peoples?
chapnzaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#2 chapnzaba
Member since 2005 • 2302 Posts
no
Szminsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Szminsky
Member since 2005 • 1471 Posts
Sorry, I'm not putting my trust in a company that tries to screw me over, each and every turn with borderline criminal policies.
Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts
theyre not a BAD company and the xbox one won;t be bad at all. its UI, controller are amazing no doubt. Its just that i prefer the ps4 exclusives much more and i know sony will support the ps4 late into the gen. Thats the main reason im getting the ps4. i could care less about a little hardware advantage of the ps4.
Shensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Shensolidus
Member since 2003 • 931 Posts

Everyone at my studio is being given one as a gift. However, if I had to BUY one, no I never would. I don't really intend on using much tbh, much prefer a PS4 over it.

TheKingIAm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheKingIAm
Member since 2013 • 1531 Posts
No.
BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BigBoss255
Member since 2010 • 3539 Posts

So you're going to get a console because of:

an apology?

a promotional deal that is still more expensive than the competition? Even though PS4 is more powerful

and a slightly less "meh" lineup even though we know PS4 will have better exclusives in the long run?

Sounds like MS paid you to post that trash.

Avatar image for Infinite_Access
Infinite_Access

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Infinite_Access
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts
Sorry, I'm not putting my trust in a company that tries to screw me over, each and every turn with borderline criminal policies.Szminsky
They'll be lucky if I get it 2 or 3 years down the line for exclusives
NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NationProtector
Sorry, I'm not putting my trust in a company that tries to screw me over, each and every turn with borderline criminal policies.Szminsky
So you aren't supporting Sony either?
NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NationProtector
[QUOTE="BigBoss255"]So you're going to get a console because of: an apology? a promotional deal that is still more expensive than the competition? Even though PS4 is more powerful. and a slightly less "meh" lineup even though we know PS4 will have better exclusives in the long run? Sounds like MS paid you to post that trash.

You know something we have not seen yet?
BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BigBoss255
Member since 2010 • 3539 Posts

[QUOTE="BigBoss255"]So you're going to get a console because of: an apology? a promotional deal that is still more expensive than the competition? Even though PS4 is more powerful. and a slightly less "meh" lineup even though we know PS4 will have better exclusives in the long run? Sounds like MS paid you to post that trash.NationProtector
You know something we have not seen yet?

In what sense?

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

I'm there day 1. I just think its a superior gaming system for my interest and tastes thn the PS4, and has a better gaming, online, and features future than the PS4.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts
If you've liked the Xbox in the past why wouldn't you buy the Xbox One?
Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

I'm there day 1. I just think its a superior gaming system for my interest and tastes thn the PS4, and has a better gaming, online, and features future than the PS4.

shawn30
"better gaming, online and features" could you get any more vague?
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Neither Sony nor MS has convinced me.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts
NOPE
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

want one over a ps4....

have no plans to buy either till down the road though

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14499 Posts

Perhaps down the road when it costs less and has a more extensive library of exclusives.

At launch?  F*ck no.  Except for resale.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts
No.
wiiutroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 wiiutroll
Member since 2013 • 543 Posts

i am buying it first for  family events  and  until  i get a dev kit for later on.  I want get some halo and gears of wars  due to fact i never  own xbox console  and they were  fun to play with others. it seems to makes  little sense to get a 360 now.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

How could anyone buy one at this point?

Szminsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Szminsky
[QUOTE="Szminsky"]Sorry, I'm not putting my trust in a company that tries to screw me over, each and every turn with borderline criminal policies.NationProtector

Not really, but they're choirboys compared to M$ when it comes to dodgy business practices. I'm getting a ps4 down the line.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
Nope, still the same, neither system at launch.
Soul4Survivor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Soul4Survivor
Member since 2013 • 175 Posts
never had buying that ugly box in mind to being with .. so NO they have not and never will.. PSFL
shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 shawn30
[QUOTE="shawn30"]

Ribnarak
"better gaming, online and features" could you get any more vague?

Better games that I like, better online in my opinion, and i want motion/voice controls, snapping, quick switching, Kinect for my son, NFL deal and Skype all through my hd-tv - Halo, TitanFall, Fable Legends, Quantum Break, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, and Forza mean more to me than the next Naughty Dog game no matter what it is, and I am a fan of ND. I see the PS4 as a more powerful PS3. I don't see the big graphic differences, I can't play specds and as a longtime 360 owner if they support the One like they have the 360 I will be happy.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 k2theswiss

i am buying it first for  family events  and  until  i get a dev kit for later on.  I want get some halo and gears of wars  due to fact i never  own xbox console  and they were  fun to play with others. it seems to makes  little sense to get a 360 now.

wiiutroll
didn't they say the x1 actual system can be used a dev kit? I don't know nothing about dev kits, just they said something on that line
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
$500+60 for xbl and 60 more for a game... over $620 to play games that look like current gen trash *cough* looking at DR3 *cough* no thanks.
Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#28 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

No. I'd take one for free if offered, but then I would sell it and use the money to buy a PS4, and then use the left over $100 to buy a game or somethin.

JamDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JamDev
Member since 2013 • 992 Posts
No, they would need to offer a pretty compelling reason to spend $100 more on a weaker console and so far they haven't come close..
wiiutroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wiiutroll
Member since 2013 • 543 Posts

[QUOTE="wiiutroll"]

k2theswiss

didn't they say the x1 actual system can be used a dev kit? I don't know nothing about dev kits, just they said something on that line

later on , they said and they  are  only giving  them out people that have a more  proven past in development in  indies for now.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I would definitely think about buying one down the line depending on what their DRM policies are down the line since I prefer buying digital. Of course that would mean that X1 would have to offer something that PS4 doesn't that I want,...and it hasn't come yet. The 8 controller sync I'm hoping gets explored a little but i doubt it cause PS4 can only sync 4,...LAME!

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 k2theswiss

How could anyone buy one at this point?

dream431ca
why not? exclusive interest people..... features interest people.... Things can't be found on ps4....
NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NationProtector
[QUOTE="NationProtector"][QUOTE="Szminsky"]Sorry, I'm not putting my trust in a company that tries to screw me over, each and every turn with borderline criminal policies.Szminsky

Not really, but they're choirboys compared to M$ when it comes to dodgy business practices. I'm getting a ps4 down the line.

Not on consoles.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 k2theswiss

[QUOTE="k2theswiss"][QUOTE="wiiutroll"]

wiiutroll

later on , they said and they  are  only giving  them out people that have a more  proven past in development in  indies for now.

good to know
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

Lems love getting analed. These guys had the audacity to try to gang bang you in public square in broad daylight, told you to fvck off and only changed their tunes when they saw they were losing money, now their whole spiel is how they aren't trying to rape you anymore, that's their whole catch now, they aren't trying to rape you as hard anymore so you should buy an Xbone.

What wrong with lems seriously?

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 shawn30
[QUOTE="Szminsky"][QUOTE="NationProtector"][QUOTE="Szminsky"] Lol, is that a joke??!!!! http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/story/2011/05/03/sony-data-breach-playstation.html http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal http://www.joystiq.com/2005/07/06/sony-wants-you-to-earn-that-playstation-3/
[QUOTE="NationProtector"][QUOTE="Szminsky"]Sorry, I'm not putting my trust in a company that tries to screw me over, each and every turn with borderline criminal policies.Szminsky

Is this a joke?!! Sony as choirboys?!!! Ok, alright, LMFAO! Both companies are ruthless. Sony and MS, no exceptions, lol
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
Well they changed my view on X1 from Never to Maybe if there's a bunch of must play games and I have enough free time. You know, the thing about being completely DD, is that MAYBE it could have been good. If they had Steam prices, eventually it would be much cheaper to have 20 new games on the X1 than 20 used games on the PS4. Problem is, they never had the chance. Eventually though, console gamers are going to have to relent. You can hold on to an outdated format for only so long.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#38 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Nope.

NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 NationProtector

Lems love getting analed. These guys had the audacity to try to gang bang you in public square in broad daylight, told you to fvck off and only changed their tunes when they saw they were losing money, now their whole spiel is how they aren't trying to rape you anymore, that's their whole catch now, they aren't trying to rape you as hard anymore so you should buy an Xbone.

Eddie-Vedder
This can be applied to the first 3 years of the PS3.
jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Eddie-Vedder
Propaganda works great for our government, why would a corporation like microsoft not stoop to such stupidity?
reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 reaver-x
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
i still have yet to see a game that interests me and i refuse to give this company any money seeing as they attempted to screw over the consumer. Sure they may have reversed the policies but whos to say they dont put that shit back in later down the road. sorry but i dont trust them. sticking to PS4
dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

my $500 will be much better spent overhauling my real PC, rather than buying a glorified emachine.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
Yep, I don't live in the past. ...people complaining about how MS tried to "screw them over," maybe they should live further in the past, as if Sony has always been the pillar of honesty...
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

jer_1
Propaganda works great for our government, why would a corporation like microsoft not stoop to such stupidity?

Lol too true.
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

It's got more games that I'm interested in and I'll like the controller more.  PS4's selling point for me was the notion that having gotten PS+ on PS3, maybe the PS4 would be a system where I could just by the console, get Plus and then never ever have to buy a game again.  That seems unlikely with the advent of PS+ Editions being demos.  I also don't like that Sony is pushing NES games and homebrew quality stuff more than the big AAA stuff.  The big AAA stuff is what I buy and play the most and they seem like they could give two s*its about that.

Szminsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Szminsky

[QUOTE="Szminsky"][QUOTE="NationProtector"] So you aren't supporting Sony either?shawn30

Is this a joke?!! Sony as choirboys?!!! Ok, alright, LMFAO! Both companies are ruthless. Sony and MS, no exceptions, lol

As I said, choirboys compared to Microsoft in that department. And that is saying something right? :)

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts
Yes, Xbox Live has pretty much guaranteed that I will always buy Xbox consoles since online gaming is an important feature to me and this is an area where Microsoft leads and the competition is always playing catch-up.

Eddie-Vedder
The same exact thing can be said about Sony during the first few years of the PS3. I'm really starting to think that Playstation fanboys only have short term memory. The only reason Sony changed their tune is because they lost so much market share with PS3 and are now fighting to get it back. The reality is all companies just want you for your money and will rape you any chance they get if they think they can get away with it. This applies to Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, ALL companies.
Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts
Perhaps if you were a victim of actual criminal policies you would throw around such silly overdramatic accusations.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Nope. I need a little more than Halo, Gears, Forza and some shallow apologies.
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Nope. I need a little more than Halo, Gears, Forza and some shallow apologies.darkspineslayer

Gears and Halo? Come on dude