Halo is the most revolutionary series ever.

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gmc2u_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 gmc2u_64
Member since 2005 • 2402 Posts

Revolutionary in the way Harry Potter is revolutionary I guess. It made a lot of 13 year olds know that something called fantasy books exist as Halo showed those same 13 year olds that shooters exist.RedruM_I
Well, Harry Potter is an excellant series, as is Halo.

Really, was the shot against Harry Potter necessary?

T3AMKILL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 T3AMKILL
Member since 2008 • 357 Posts

i think halo is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aliens and doesnt afraid of anything

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#153 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

No. Pong, Donkey Kong, Super Mario Bros, Wolfenstien, Gran Turismo, Street Fighter, Virtua Fighter, to name a few

RedruM_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 RedruM_I
Member since 2009 • 3051 Posts

[QUOTE="RedruM_I"]Revolutionary in the way Harry Potter is revolutionary I guess. It made a lot of 13 year olds know that something called fantasy books exist as Halo showed those same 13 year olds that shooters exist.gmc2u_64

Well, Harry Potter is an excellant series, as is Halo.

Really, was the shot against Harry Potter necessary?

I'm not saying it's bad although I don't like it. It just isn't the best fantasy book ever created no matter what sales can suggest and it basically delivered little to nothing new to the genre.
Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts
Why is this thread still going? It was clearly started by a fakeboy for trolling purposes.
Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#156 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

I think Half-Life has that spot.

deathtarget04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#157 deathtarget04
Member since 2009 • 2266 Posts

[QUOTE="DragoonSaber"]half life = haloRevan_911
Half Life > Halo

Halo >>> Half-life

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts

Lol not this thread again :? it's getting old guys

Kane04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Kane04
Member since 2006 • 2115 Posts

It has alot of nice guns, and the best story, It's the best series ever created.

What do you think.

krazy-blazer
Halo is a total joke, i only have the 2 for the Xbox and its one the most overrated games ever, idk about the "story" but it has so little on 2 that i didnt got nothing... pretty much the only few cutscenes there is is for show off and all the talking can be writen in half a page, thats how much story there is not to mention linear levels some out of armageddon other out of disney flick, guns that look and sound like they were made by matel.... the game is average at best, Halo 3 graphics just suck but i dont see the press bashing that, they sure did with Resistance, PS3 LAUNCH title, yeah thats not acceptable, but Halo 3? not even a mention, and 16 players online? thats a joke, Resistance came out with 40, the 2 has 60 and MAG 256, lag free, something that follow every 360 game on the "amazing-totaly-worth-paying-for-LIVE" you cant even play halo 3 with 16 player without getting lag, and Gears 2 with only 10 players over u lag too, how great, not to mention 4 yo with his mics -.- in resume, Halo series is a joke, it only got the rates it had because MS needed a flag game for its Xbox and Halo was the one with that responsibility, i wouldn't be surprised to know that MS trowed a ton of cash to get some extra points on reviews, i've been playing for years and in comparison Halo is nothing that special
Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts

not even a mention, and 16 players online? thats a joke, Resistance came out with 40, the 2 has 60 and MAG 256, lag free, something that follow every 360 game on the "amazing-totaly-worth-paying-for-LIVE" you cant even play halo 3 with 16 player without getting lag, and Gears 2 with only 10 players over u lag too, how great, not to mention 4 yo with his mics -.- Kane04
Since when do more players = funner experience? :?

in resume, Halo series is a joke, it only got the rates it had because MS needed a flag game for its Xbox and Halo was the one with that responsibility,

Of course. Quality had nothing to do with it. :roll:

i wouldn't be surprised to know that MS trowed a ton of cash to get some extra points on reviews, i've been playing for years and in comparison Halo is nothing that special

And he ends it with a "bribe" accusation. The only joke here has been this post.

EDIT: I was going to snidely pick apart your "analysis" of the story but for some reason it wasn't included.

crusadernm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 crusadernm
Member since 2009 • 1609 Posts

This should be a permanent sticky.

Brendissimo35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1

#162 Brendissimo35
Member since 2005 • 1934 Posts

Troll Harder.

When you make such ridiculous and clearly incorrect claims what else can we assume. You don't even back up your claims with more than a sentence of explanation, and it's a pointless sentence at that. Can we report the OP for this?

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

[QUOTE="oajlu"]

no way

Call of Duty is more revolutionary than halo.

killcam, killstreak, and perks are frist in Call of Duty, especially killstreak. it redefines fps.

On sales, COD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Halo

oajlu

Halo was the first game that you could throw grenades without equipping them. That been used in nearly every FPS. Halo also has some of the finest level design. People now days always need some gimmick to make a game 'innovative' when level design innovation is Halos strongest innovation

COD's innovation: killstreak, perks, and killcam. They are major innovation in fps, and good innovation makes games fun. You can have bunch of crap new things, but they dont creat better gameplay, so it wouldnt matter.

Fun games lead to good sales, lol who's going to pay $60 on a boring game, rite. COD series sales a lot more than Halo series. that's a proof!

Dude u are such a troll. Halo's FPS level design has been copied by several FPS's. Nobody ever brings that up. Its level design owns. I own COD and love it but I never thought it was innovative

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#164 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

[QUOTE="Revan_911"][QUOTE="DragoonSaber"]half life = halodeathtarget04

Half Life > Halo

Halo >>> Half-life

Metroid Prime >>>>> Both

Glad we got that out of her systems. :P

room420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 room420
Member since 2004 • 38 Posts

I don't think you went to the same school as me unless you got your Masters yet. I went to Catholic School as a kid, the Roman Catholic Church has admitted that stories such as the creation of Eve from Adam's rib are all symbolic and not to be taken literally. Just because someone writes something down doesn't make it true. If you want to believe in dragons and cyclops, thats fine, but there is ZERO evidence to support that theory, rendering it false. GOW is just based on previous fiction, whereas Halo is new Science Fiction. And people who study ancient egypt don't take anything at face value, they use evidence to support what is written. a lot of the hieroglyphic texts is innaccurate due to political reasons. The pharoah who carved on the Sphynx that it told him as a boy to clear the sand and he would be king is proven to be a lie. Names, such as women pharoahs have been erased from Glyphs. The story is much bigger than what you think. And humans have always had a wild imagination. And i'm not sure how Republicans and Democrats differ in this context. Pretty sure neither believes that a cyclops ever existed....BigBoss96fs

What in the world does a Masters degree have to do with what school we went to? Seems like pointless self promotion to try and give your argument credence. What is your Masters in if you don't mind me asking?

The Roman Catholic Church is hardly a good source. They have had more corruption in their existence than any government I can think of, in fact they might as well be a government.

Lack of evidence dose not prove anything false. Your educated, you should know that. Anyway this thread has run its course. 60% of the people didn't get it 30% were responding to those that didn't get it, and the final 10% is a mixed bag of troll's and bored posters trying to add a little more absurdity to the whole thing. Its no fun unless you come up with something with a premise as out there as mine. That is the theme of this thread is it not. I mean lazer swords and BMX helmets FTW. I wasn't trying to troll you in the beginning however I might have taken it little far. Apologies.

Sorry for the bump :(

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#166 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

[QUOTE="deathtarget04"]

[QUOTE="Revan_911"] Half Life > HaloLionheart08

Halo >>> Half-life

Metroid Prime >>>>> Both

:P

Crysis»»»All :P

mirriorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#167 mirriorman
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts

halo is my favourite game still

i dont like the fact that teabagging seems to be mandatory though

lespaul1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 lespaul1919
Member since 2003 • 7074 Posts

some people take that too seriously, is harmless fun. suck it up and have fun. :D

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

some people take that too seriously, is harmless fun. suck it up and have fun. :D

lespaul1919

When ever that's done to me, I ask them when they came out of their closet, and say i'm happy for them, that they finally got comfortable with their gayness and their identity :lol: :P