Halo is the most revolutionary series ever.

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yoyofroyoyoyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 yoyofroyoyoyo
Member since 2010 • 501 Posts

It has alot of nice guns, and the best story, It's the best series ever created.

What do you think.

krazy-blazer

i bought halo combat evolved in 2001 the franchise sucks.

darthkirmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 darthkirmy
Member since 2009 • 174 Posts

[QUOTE="kittyloaf69"]Troll thread..nothing to see here, people.foxhound_fox

They don't even try anymore. I still remember the days of troll threads that had pages and pages of explanations as to why they thought certain things (especially as to why Halo is supposedly "revolutionary"), and it lead to several pages of massive ownage and clear refutation of every single point.

I lost faith in trolls a couple years ago.

He got you to reply. So the number of replies grows. So pretty much i lost for replying to you and you lost for saying that the troll sucked. Cuz in the end we both got trolled.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#103 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

It has alot of nice guns, and the best story, It's the best series ever created.

What do you think.

krazy-blazer
NO , with caps on..... TROLL go away , with caps on. Bye
slikonebtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 slikonebtz
Member since 2005 • 1082 Posts

fps games better than halo...

half life 1+2
team fortress
counter strike
quake 1-3
doom 1-3
crysis
farcry
killzone 2
stalker series

feel free to add games lol

GOW3VSHALO3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 GOW3VSHALO3
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

half life 1+2
team fortress
counter strike
quake 1-3
doom 1-3
crysis
farcry
killzone 2
stalker series

slikonebtz
Thanks for the laugh. :lol: Halo is the AVATAR of the FPS genre. Nothing even comes close, so please quit embarrassing yourself and go back 2 sleep.
Chronospherics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Chronospherics
Member since 2009 • 29 Posts

I don't see Halos innovation. Seems like dumbed down unreal to me, with a larger focus on mainstream casual audience.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#107 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Halo got popular because of the explosions, The Vehicles, The Rag Doll deaths.

So in Halo, Explosions + Vehicles+ Rag Doll Deaths = Your Character go Blown to Sky High.

crusadernm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 crusadernm
Member since 2009 • 1609 Posts

Doesn't matter what SW thinks. Halo Reach is gonna sell 10 million copies in one day. And cows will cry.

yoyofroyoyoyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 yoyofroyoyoyo
Member since 2010 • 501 Posts

halo destroyed and casualized the fps genre.

siddhu33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 siddhu33
Member since 2008 • 3264 Posts

Halo isn't revolutionary. It's evolutionary, taking all the various features from other games, and putting it in a great, complete package. It's probably the iPhone of console FPS games (TF2 is good too).

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

[QUOTE="slikonebtz"]

half life 1+2
team fortress
counter strike
quake 1-3
doom 1-3
crysis
farcry
killzone 2
stalker series

GOW3VSHALO3

Thanks for the laugh. :lol: Halo is the AVATAR of the FPS genre. Nothing even comes close, so please quit embarrassing yourself and go back 2 sleep.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

yoyofroyoyoyo

How the hell is a "destroyed genre" somehow thriving 9 years later?

Also, the "casualized" argument is, well... somewhat dubious.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts
[QUOTE="elite879"]

Half life > Halo

Here's why:

Half life has a better story than halo. Halo is just over-excesive FLOOD! FLOOD! FLOOD! all the time, it's boring me.

Half life however has a new challange all the time. There might be a more powerful weapon or there might be some sort of puzzle to solve. Half life can be compared to real life in a way. A NORMAL man on the run from the police and he fights back with anything he can, that's realistic. Halo is a SUPERHUMAN that goes round blowing up "FLOOD! FLOOD! FLOOD!" not very interesting at all is it?

I prefer Half-life because the way the story unfolds and the realism I mentioned before makes it fun to play imo. Also Half-life is for PC, the best system for gaming possible *trollface* Half-life has a modding comunity as with all VaLVE games with awsome reskins, soundpacks etc. Does Halo have any of that? NO.

Many great mods have come from half life such as "Human error" "Synergy" "half life: deathmatch" "Garrysmod" These are all fantastic. Has halo inspired any great mods? NO.

So that's why Half-life is better than Halo, deal with it.

halo's on console, and i wouldn't consider half life inspiration to any mods you menioned, they just used source as a tool to make it, thats like saying UT was an inspiration to red orchestra since it was originally a mod for unreal engine. its a game, half life being more real doesn't make it better, and have you played halo? FLOOD FLOOD FLOOD!!??? what about the elite, the brutes, the grunts, the actual story? I mean i can sum up half life stupidly, CRABS CRABS CRABS!!! so you why half life is better then halo is pathetic. come again please
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts
[QUOTE="PannicAtack"]

[QUOTE="yoyofroyoyoyo"]

How the hell is a "destroyed genre" somehow thriving 9 years later?

Also, the "casualized" argument is, well... somewhat dubious.

the only thing destroying the genre is the fact that there is an over abundance of FPS games. And 90% of those games have no staying power, seems like the last 10 years has beened filled with halo, battlefield, cod, and thats pretty much it
room420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 room420
Member since 2004 • 38 Posts

[QUOTE="room420"]

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

Half Life does not suck but the post before said that half life is like real life! Are you freakin kidding me? A sciencetist nerd going crazy with a crowbar against some head-thumpers? Halo is more realistic in the sense their is a whole army against the enemy rather then an MIT student

jimkabrhel

No way. GOW is the most realistic. Its based in historical fact. Plus it has nude statues.

I give this thread a 6/10. Not bad but could use better execution in the first post. I think with a little refinement these satire/sarcastic threads could be great. Its a nice change from the usual bash threads. Oh and before I forget, Lazer swords are for ****.

God of War is based on mythology, not fact.

Link?

SarcasmDetector Repair services, System Wars special: 9.99 (comes with free comprehensive 3 year non-refundable limited warranty**)

**Warranty requires two year service contract. Not valid for all fanboys.

svenus97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#116 svenus97
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_War_%28series%29

First sentence. Let me write it for you :"God of War is a series of action-adventurevideo games based on Greek mythology".

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#117 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts
Nice trolling attempt,but a failed one nonetheless.
Fumpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Fumpa
Member since 2003 • 3307 Posts
i think you're just trolling. or bored. or both.
room420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 room420

First sentence. Let me write it for you :"God of War is a series of action-adventurevideo games based on Greek mythology".

svenus97

LOL at using wiki as a source. Anyone can edit that, for all I know you changed it. Watch the history channel, read The Iliad, do some archeology, the world is bigger then Halo. There are documents that date into B.C. That's Before Christ. Its a proven fact that the older the text the more accurate it is. You cant edit stone and you cant argue with facts. Fact is GOW is more realistic than Halo.

Special offer: Weekend Conference for Series Professionals

Ever feel like the world is just one step ahead? Having trouble grasping basic concepts such as satire, sarcasm, and other forms of humor?

Attend our free* 7 day weekend conference for system wars members only**.

*4.99 required for reservations meals and seating not included.

** Open to the public.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#120 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

[QUOTE="svenus97"]

room420

LOL at using wiki as a source. Anyone can edit that, for all I know you changed it. Watch the history channel, read The Iliad, do some archeology, the world is bigger then Halo. There are documents that date into B.C. That's Before Christ. Its a proven fact that the older the text the more accurate it is. You cant edit stone and you cant argue with facts. Fact is GOW is more realistic than Halo.

Ever feel like the world is just one step ahead? Having trouble grasping basic concepts such as satire, sarcasm, and other forms of humor?

** Open to the public.

No it isn't. Greek mythology is mytholgy. There is a chance that in the future we will battle aliens and stuff. Because, you know. We aren't using like magic and stuff.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#121 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

ahhaha lots of guns you call this list alots of guns

rcp120

needler

plasma rifile

sniper rifle

sword

flare gun

and rocket launcher

no way heres a game that has more a lot actually 5 games

goldeneye

pp7

dd44 destovel

klobb

kf7 soviet

goldengun

magnumcougar

gold pp7

silverpp7

hunting knive

d5k duech

rcp90

zmg 9mm

d5k silenced

silence pp7

remote mines

time mines

grenade /rocket launcher

prox mines

phantom

throwing knives

or try this ones

perfect dark

falcon

falcon silenced

falcon scope

meg sec 4

pheonix

mauler

dy357

dy357 lx-gold

lap top gun

dragon

super dragon

cmp150

rc p120

farsight xr-2020

knives

remote/time/prox mines

slayer-rocket launcher w flyby whire

rocket launcher

grenade launcher

laser

crossbow

k7 avenger

reaper

cyclone

calipso ntg

pp91

dd44

kf7 specail

klobb

d5k dueche

psychosis gun

tranqualizer gun

rcp90

zmg9mm

and what makes halo so revolutionary ,, when timesplitters was released in 2000 and included futuristic guns plus multiplayer options not found elsewhere,

-map maker!

bots , ,

so with all that said ,,

your so funny i forgot to laug

the revolutionary fps was goldeneye,,,, there can not be another one , because fps were popular already

BigBoss96fs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 BigBoss96fs
Member since 2009 • 212 Posts
[QUOTE="room420"]

[QUOTE="svenus97"]

** Open to the public.

For real? so because the Illiad writes about cyclops and other monsters, that makes it true? you gotta be kidding me. to be honest, the kid who posted the link to Wiki went farther than i would have. Someone who things God of War is based on fact and not mythology needs much much much more help than a wikipedia citation. its not even worth trying to argue with them. and he says Wiki can be edited. lol. yea its edited by people who realize that monsters don't exist.
BigBoss96fs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 BigBoss96fs
[QUOTE="BigBoss96fs"][QUOTE="room420"]

[QUOTE="svenus97"]

** Open to the public.

For real? so because the Illiad writes about cyclops and other monsters, that makes it true? you gotta be kidding me. to be honest, the kid who posted the link to Wiki went farther than i would have. Someone who things God of War is based on fact and not mythology needs much much much more help than a wikipedia citation. its not even worth trying to argue with them. and he says Wiki can be edited. lol. yea its edited by people who realize that monsters don't exist.

oh my lord, i didn't even read his whole post. it gets better! also, its BCE now (before current era), to appease the non christians. I would like to know where you learned that the older the text, the more reliable it is. Speaking of archeology, anyone find a cyclops skeleton? didn't think so. Dragons (written about by almost every ancient civilization)? didn't think so. And to be honest, the old testament was written in BEFORE CHRIST (lol) and the church has even admitted that a lot of its stories are fictional. Its arguable that the new testament isn't fiction (and lets be honest, the King James Bible left a whole lot out). God of War isn't based on fact, its based on actual fictional stories. Big difference, kiddo.
lafiro93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 lafiro93
Member since 2010 • 2076 Posts

I agree halo is the best series ever Maybe.

It has an amazin story, and the best multiplayer out there

BigBoss96fs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 BigBoss96fs
Dear TC. I agree. Halo is so colorful it's great! reminds me of a saturday morning cartoon. I love the mature story and how they didn't bother including any blood. It adds to the realism! The guns are great. I loved super soakers as a kid, so this just brings me back to the glory days. And for those who say the players online are immature, well, i don't want to talk about nationlized healthcare with old men, i much prefer exchanging racial slurs! The physics are great and i love that the assault rifle helps you keep track of how many bullets are left in the mag. I also love how you emphasized the laser sword. I WILL NOT play a game if it doesn't have a laser sword. There's also still so many people who haven't found better games to play that still play halo 3. they must all agree with me and not play games that don't have laser swords. Its not the most revolutionary game ever, Halo is the most revolutionary PRODUCT ever. Halo 3 >>>>than everything until Halo REACH >>>>>>> everything.
Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts
I think someone could make an intelligent argument that the first game was one of the most revolutionary games ever, but there's no way the series as a whole is.
lafiro93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 lafiro93
Member since 2010 • 2076 Posts

I think someone could make an intelligent argument that the first game was one of the most revolutionary games ever, but there's no way the series as a whole is.Meinhard1
Forge, theater, custom games.

enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#128 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
Dear TC. I agree. Halo is so colorful it's great! reminds me of a saturday morning cartoon. I love the mature story and how they didn't bother including any blood. It adds to the realism! The guns are great. I loved super soakers as a kid, so this just brings me back to the glory days. And for those who say the players online are immature, well, i don't want to talk about nationlized healthcare with old men, i much prefer exchanging racial slurs! The physics are great and i love that the assault rifle helps you keep track of how many bullets are left in the mag. I also love how you emphasized the laser sword. I WILL NOT play a game if it doesn't have a laser sword. There's also still so many people who haven't found better games to play that still play halo 3. they must all agree with me and not play games that don't have laser swords. Its not the most revolutionary game ever, Halo is the most revolutionary PRODUCT ever. Halo 3 >>>>than everything until Halo REACH >>>>>>> everything.BigBoss96fs
What are you trying to do, exactly? Do you think space marines fighting off hordes of vicous aliens and zombies with all kinds of weapons is like a cartoon? And you didn't know Halo actually has blood? And that every online game is full of douches who act like jerks, yet it can't be counted against the game? I understand what your point is either. Was it sarcastic mockery of all of Halo's features by praising them? If so, you're doing it wrong. If I was trying to bash Mario, I wouldn't say "I love how creative the series is, it reminds of the works of Disney! And it's great how the platforming is so tight and flawless! I also love that the graphics raise the bar for each platform they appear one!"
SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

Fact -> halo is probably the most successful fps series ever.

Opinion -> Being the most revolutionary, the most fun, the most addicting, etc, is subjective.

That's it. You can affirm that it's the most successful. But it's isn't anything other than that, unless you think so.

A good advice would be to play as many other fpses as you can and evaluate them with criteria that are compatible to the year of release of the game.

Then you will really know if it's more revolutionary or not than other games, or you'll commit anachronisms.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
While it is clear this is a fakeboy thread. Yes Halo is amazing. There is a reason why every one from Bungie is AAA on here and Metacritic. Halo Reach will sell around 2.5 million in the first 2 hours. Halo is also the face for MLG the biggest game tournament there is. Halo has set itself far above almost every shooter there is. Halo 3 is still the most played 360 game and it was released in 2007 but for example lets see how many online players play UC2 or KZ2 in the same time. Heck Halo 3 still has more then both of those combined now.SilentlyMad
xD The biggest tournament currently operated is the WCG, the biggest ever being CPL. The biggest tournament FPS is CS 1.6.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts

[QUOTE="slikonebtz"]

half life 1+2
team fortress
counter strike
quake 1-3
doom 1-3
crysis
farcry
killzone 2
stalker series

GOW3VSHALO3

Exactly it's highly successful but really it's nothing special and has been done better before.

Dataleak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Dataleak
Member since 2010 • 1737 Posts

The only thing Halo did to revolutionize the FPS genre is add regenerating shields, which resulted in regenerating health. :roll: I never knew bad level design was revolutionary, the amount of times I got lost in Halo was pretty lame.

AlMar12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 AlMar12345
Member since 2005 • 749 Posts

.................................................can we stop with these threads

Dycras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Dycras
Member since 2009 • 1226 Posts

It could be said to have revolutionized shooters and multiplayer, but the most revolutionary is definitely mario which kept video games alive :P

oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#135 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

[QUOTE="oajlu"]

no way

Call of Duty is more revolutionary than halo.

killcam, killstreak, and perks are frist in Call of Duty, especially killstreak. it redefines fps.

On sales, COD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Halo

OB-47

Halo was the first game that you could throw grenades without equipping them. That been used in nearly every FPS. Halo also has some of the finest level design. People now days always need some gimmick to make a game 'innovative' when level design innovation is Halos strongest innovation

COD's innovation: killstreak, perks, and killcam. They are major innovation in fps, and good innovation makes games fun. You can have bunch of crap new things, but they dont creat better gameplay, so it wouldnt matter.

Fun games lead to good sales, lol who's going to pay $60 on a boring game, rite. COD series sales a lot more than Halo series. that's a proof!

Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

I enjoyed Half life on ps3 more than halo.

but i still play the multiplayer :P

Avatar image for devilsoultaker2
devilsoultaker2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 devilsoultaker2
Member since 2009 • 904 Posts
Halo > All
Trinexxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Trinexxx
Member since 2008 • 883 Posts

Obvious troll is obvious.

room420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 room420

[QUOTE="BigBoss96fs"][QUOTE="room420"]

** Open to the public.

BigBoss96fs

oh my lord, i didn't even read his whole post. it gets better! also, its BCE now (before current era), to appease the non christians. I would like to know where you learned that the older the text, the more reliable it is.

It's just common sense. Historians base the history of Egyptian Pharaohs on hieroglyphic text found in pyramids. Even Stargate is more realistic than Halo. I got my education in the same school system as you, it just seems I payed more attention.

Speaking of archeology, anyone find a cyclops skeleton? didn't think so. Dragons (written about by almost every ancient civilization)? didn't think so.BigBoss96fs
Dragons = Dinosaurs, Cyclops = Missing Link, an evolutionary mishap perhaps due to inbreeding. Their small population base would make finding an intact skeleton difficult. Not to mention the fact that the general populace of the area viewed them as evil and would likely have burned or otherwise destroyed the bodies.

And to be honest, the old testament was written in BEFORE CHRIST (lol) and the church has even admitted that a lot of its stories are fictional. Its arguable that the new testament isn't fiction (and lets be honest, the King James Bible left a whole lot out). God of War isn't based on fact, its based on actual fictional stories. Big difference, kiddo.BigBoss96fs
Then explain why they found Noah's ark on a mountain in like Tibet. Link to a reputable church that says the old testament is not real.

Kiddo? I am probably older than you, and obviously more open minded. With that remark I get the feeling you are just trying to troll me. I have presented good reasoning why GOW is more realistic than Halo and thus a more revolutionary series than Halo, and all you can do is start talking about the Bible in some condescending tone. What are you a republican?

***NEW***

Introductory offer: Learn at home: Our new CD series helps you read entire posts: Do things like spacing, punctuation, and indentation confuse you? Not sure weather its a signature or part of the post. Our 15 cd 5 hour box set will help you navigate the enigma that is the System wars forum. CALL NOW OPERATORS ARE STANDING BY.

wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
Halo was epic, but revolutionary? No way.
DEATH775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#141 DEATH775
Member since 2005 • 4216 Posts
I hope Halo Reach would be the best in the series.
lespaul1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 lespaul1919
Member since 2003 • 7074 Posts

Not that it matters in this silly place, but here is how halo won my heart.

-the three shot kill.
-the double melee
-the spinning headshot animation

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Not that it matters in this silly place, but here is how halo won my heart.

-the three shot kill.
-the double melee
-the spinning headshot animation

lespaul1919

And here I thought it was Cortana that won your heart ;) :P

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#146 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Not even close.. FPS's are not known for their originality I would argue only Doom and Dark Forces 2 were the only two ones that were pure FPS's that meant anything.
BigBoss96fs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 BigBoss96fs
[QUOTE="room420"]

[QUOTE="BigBoss96fs"][QUOTE="BigBoss96fs"]

oh my lord, i didn't even read his whole post. it gets better! also, its BCE now (before current era), to appease the non christians. I would like to know where you learned that the older the text, the more reliable it is.

It's just common sense. Historians base the history of Egyptian Pharaohs on hieroglyphic text found in pyramids. Even Stargate is more realistic than Halo. I got my education in the same school system as you, it just seems I payed more attention.

Speaking of archeology, anyone find a cyclops skeleton? didn't think so. Dragons (written about by almost every ancient civilization)? didn't think so.BigBoss96fs
Dragons = Dinosaurs, Cyclops = Missing Link, an evolutionary mishap perhaps due to inbreeding. Their small population base would make finding an intact skeleton difficult. Not to mention the fact that the general populace of the area viewed them as evil and would likely have burned or otherwise destroyed the bodies.

And to be honest, the old testament was written in BEFORE CHRIST (lol) and the church has even admitted that a lot of its stories are fictional. Its arguable that the new testament isn't fiction (and lets be honest, the King James Bible left a whole lot out). God of War isn't based on fact, its based on actual fictional stories. Big difference, kiddo.BigBoss96fs
Then explain why they found Noah's ark on a mountain in like Tibet. Link to a reputable church that says the old testament is not real.

Kiddo? I am probably older than you, and obviously more open minded. With that remark I get the feeling you are just trying to troll me. I have presented good reasoning why GOW is more realistic than Halo and thus a more revolutionary series than Halo, and all you can do is start talking about the Bible in some condescending tone. What are you a republican?

***NEW***

Introductory offer: Learn at home: Our new CD series helps you read entire posts: Do things like spacing, punctuation, and indentation confuse you? Not sure weather its a signature or part of the post. Our 15 cd 5 hour box set will help you navigate the enigma that is the System wars forum. CALL NOW OPERATORS ARE STANDING BY.

I don't think you went to the same school as me unless you got your Masters yet. I went to Catholic School as a kid, the Roman Catholic Church has admitted that stories such as the creation of Eve from Adam's rib are all symbolic and not to be taken literally. Just because someone writes something down doesn't make it true. If you want to believe in dragons and cyclops, thats fine, but there is ZERO evidence to support that theory, rendering it false. GOW is just based on previous fiction, whereas Halo is new Science Fiction. And people who study ancient egypt don't take anything at face value, they use evidence to support what is written. a lot of the hieroglyphic texts is innaccurate due to political reasons. The pharoah who carved on the Sphynx that it told him as a boy to clear the sand and he would be king is proven to be a lie. Names, such as women pharoahs have been erased from Glyphs. The story is much bigger than what you think. And humans have always had a wild imagination. And i'm not sure how Republicans and Democrats differ in this context. Pretty sure neither believes that a cyclops ever existed....
darthkirmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 darthkirmy
Member since 2009 • 174 Posts
[QUOTE="room420"]

[QUOTE="BigBoss96fs"] oh my lord, i didn't even read his whole post. it gets better! also, its BCE now (before current era), to appease the non christians. I would like to know where you learned that the older the text, the more reliable it is.BigBoss96fs

***NEW***

I don't think you went to the same school as me unless you got your Masters yet. I went to Catholic School as a kid, the Roman Catholic Church has admitted that stories such as the creation of Eve from Adam's rib are all symbolic and not to be taken literally. Just because someone writes something down doesn't make it true. If you want to believe in dragons and cyclops, thats fine, but there is ZERO evidence to support that theory, rendering it false. GOW is just based on previous fiction, whereas Halo is new Science Fiction. And people who study ancient egypt don't take anything at face value, they use evidence to support what is written. a lot of the hieroglyphic texts is innaccurate due to political reasons. The pharoah who carved on the Sphynx that it told him as a boy to clear the sand and he would be king is proven to be a lie. Names, such as women pharoahs have been erased from Glyphs. The story is much bigger than what you think. And humans have always had a wild imagination. And i'm not sure how Republicans and Democrats differ in this context. Pretty sure neither believes that a cyclops ever existed....

I dont know which is more ridiculous: arguing over religion in a video game forum or arguing over if there is such a thing as dragons or cyclops....
Cheesemanook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Cheesemanook
Member since 2009 • 226 Posts

I 'd say it was revolutionary moreto the FPS genre, not so much the entire game industry.

BigBoss96fs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 BigBoss96fs
touche.