Halo 5 Launches At #1 In UK, But Has Lowest Debut For Series Ever

This topic is locked from further discussion.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2458 Posts

Halo is like GT in a sense that it doesn't matter. It starts slow but ends up selling like hot cakes.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@a-new-guardian said:

Halo is like GT in a sense that it doesn't matter. It starts slow but ends up selling like hot cakes.

No its not. Halo sales are traditionally front loaded.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#203 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

The xbone only sells decent in 2 countries - US and UK.

So not only don't you have any numbers for Halo 5 WW sales, now you are also claiming to know the Xbox One sales. You might want to start backing up everything with sources, because I'm picking it all apart. Give me sales figures from the world, when you make claims about WW sales. You can talk about the UK all you want, that's at least something you can back up, but don't generalize it to the world.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Angryjoe didn't give this game a 6/10 for nothing. Its not a very good game. Lems themselves aren't buying it, it looks that rough.

Ign didnt give it a 9 for no reason. A youtubers opinion is no more valid then mine. Lems are buying it tho

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 NathanDrakeSwag

@FastRobby said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

The xbone only sells decent in 2 countries - US and UK.

So not only don't you have any numbers for Halo 5 WW sales, now you are also claiming to know the Xbox One sales. You might want to start backing up everything with sources, because I'm picking it all apart. Give me sales figures from the world, when you make claims about WW sales. You can talk about the UK all you want, that's at least something you can back up, but don't generalize it to the world.

M$ silence tells the entire story. They went from bragging about hardware and software sales all last gen to completely refusing to give out any. We also have charts in the US, Europe, Japan every month that show how poorly their system sells and how games like Halo 5 and Forza 6 have the worst launches in their series history.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag

@sts106mat said:

wow there are some seriously thick Cows in this thread.

Halo 5 enters UK charts in first place.

Sold 50% more copies than Assassins creed syndicate did which (although on sale for shorter time period) is a multiplat.

It also sold 50% more copies than The Master Chief Collection did when it was released.

Chart track doesn't include downloaded copies either.

not sure how you can try and spin this as a bad performance.

Cows continue to be the clowns of system wars

AC Syndicate is the worst selling AC to date. MCC was a remaster collection. Halo 5 sold a LOT less than every new Halo release including ODST. Not sure how you can spin this as a good performance for the biggest exclusive m$ can possibly release. They needed to knock it out of the park and have it carry the xbone through the holidays and it couldn't even make it out of the gate without tripping. The Halo cow has been milked dry. Much like Forza has with 6 being by far the worst selling game in the series, Fable being reduced to free to play crap. The only thing left to bomb is the next Gears.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Microsoft silence tells the entire story.

So you have no numbers. Thank you for clarifying, I knew you were full of shit.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag

@sts106mat said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: So? doesn't change the fact that AC Syndicate is a multiplat and a new installment in a huge franchise.

Pretty sure MCC entered at number one in its debut week too.

Halo 5 selling less than the other Halo games isn't surprising though is it? Halo 4 was released on a console that had sold in about 80million units.

Like i said, its seriously stupid to expect Halo 5 to sell more units in its first week than previous halos.. you only have to use your brain just a little bit to figure out why!

The only one it is fair to compare it with is MCC and it outsold than by at least 50%, so again, not sure why you'd even try to spin this like you are trying to do. unless you enjoy making yourself look stupid of course. in which case carry on.

Halo 3 sold over twice as much on a console with a smaller install base at the time. Try doing more research before making yourself look dumb. Halo's fanbase has shrunk big time. Between 4 being a steaming turd, the collection not working at all, the xbone being a terrible console, and there being other more popular options for shooters now people don't care much about Halo anymore.

After both Halo 5 and Forza 6 underperformed maybe now you lems/shills and m$/your employer should realize when people say they are tired of Halogearsforza being rehashed for so many years they mean it.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 NathanDrakeSwag

@sts106mat said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@sts106mat said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: So? doesn't change the fact that AC Syndicate is a multiplat and a new installment in a huge franchise.

Halo 5 selling less than the other Halo games isn't surprising though is it? Halo 4 was released on a console that had sold in about 80million units.

Like i said, its seriously stupid to expect Halo 5 to sell more units in its first week than previous halos.. you only have to use your brain just a little bit to figure out why!

The only one it is fair to compare it with is MCC and it outsold than by at least 50%, so again, not sure why you'd even try to spin this like you are trying to do. unless you enjoy making yourself look stupid of course. in which case carry on.

Halo 3 sold over twice as much on a console with a smaller install base at the time. Try doing more research before making yourself look dumb. Halo's fanbase has shrunk big time. Between 4 being a steaming turd, the collection not working at all, the xbone being a terrible console, and there being other more popular options for shooters now people don't care much about Halo anymore.

After both Halo 5 and Forza 6 underperformed maybe now you lems/shills and m$/your employer should realize when people say they are tired of Halogearsforza being rehashed for so many years they mean it.

You are the one who looks stupid kid.

Halo 3 was THE reason to get a Xbox 360, there was not a lot of competition at the time either for big titles but particularly FPS games on consoles.

Call of duty 4 hadn't happened. After COD 4 halo's popularity dropped, that is a fact. I know, i was there.

Halo 4 was the best selling MS published game in the US, so maybe you should do YOUR research.

Again, not sure how entering the charts at number one, outselling a multiplat and selling 50% more copies than the last Halo game releasing = underperforming.

Please dont waste any more of my time.

That's it let it all out. Have a big meltdown like your buddy nyadc.

Btw you contradicted yourself. If Halo's popularity dropped after CoD4 then Halo 4 wouldn't have been the best selling game in the series. Its popularity dropped after 4 sucked and the collection didn't work making everyone realize what a shitty developer 343 is. They are so bad that former Halo fans rather play Destiny than anything 343 churns out now.

You using the lowest selling game in a completely different franchise to justify Halo 5's abysmally low sales further shows how bad it performed and how far it has fallen. That's like saying its ok that the xbone sells like shit because the Wiiu does too.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 NathanDrakeSwag

@sts106mat said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@sts106mat said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@sts106mat said:

Halo 3 was THE reason to get a Xbox 360, there was not a lot of competition at the time either for big titles but particularly FPS games on consoles.

Call of duty 4 hadn't happened. After COD 4 halo's popularity dropped, that is a fact. I know, i was there.

Halo 4 was the best selling MS published game in the US, so maybe you should do YOUR research.

Again, not sure how entering the charts at number one, outselling a multiplat and selling 50% more copies than the last Halo game releasing = underperforming.

Btw you contradicted yourself. If Halo's popularity dropped after CoD4 then Halo 4 wouldn't have been the best selling game in the series. Its popularity dropped after 4 sucked and the collection didn't work making everyone realize what a shitty developer 343 is. They are so bad that former Halo fans rather play Destiny than anything 343 churns out now.

You using the lowest selling game in a completely different franchise to justify Halo 5's abysmally low sales further shows how bad it performed and how far it has fallen. That's like saying its ok that the xbone sells like shit because the Wiiu does too.

wow, you really are enjoying being the clown aren't you.

Halo's popularity dropped after 3. It was THE go to FPS until COD. After COD, Halo dropped in popularity. Notice i didn't use the word "SALES".

Every COD up until maybe Halo 4 was ahead of Halo in terms of number of players connected to LIVE. Major nelson posted the most popular games on Live on his blog weekly. COD was almost always at the top. that is a FACT. you can check his blog if you want

It is not therefore a contradiction to state that Halo 4 was the best selling MS published game in the US. this is also a FACT. you can google it if you want.

Halo 5 = best selling game in the UK this week, sold 50% more copies than the previous Halo game released on the X1 and outsold Ass Creed syndicate. - FACT

Sales and popularity go hand in hand. You are doing some serious reaching trying to differentiate them (something I'd expect from a m$ shill). Halo 4 sold well because there was still a lot of interest in the series. 3 and Reach were both very populated games during their lifespan despite having strong competition from CoD. It was H4 that completely died off within a month because the game completely sucked ass. You want proof take a look http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=709697

It was H4 and a broken collection coupled with the xbone being an all around bad console that has finally killed off a lot of mainstream interest in the IP.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 NathanDrakeSwag

@sts106mat said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@sts106mat said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@sts106mat said:

wow, you really are enjoying being the clown aren't you.

Halo's popularity dropped after 3. It was THE go to FPS until COD. After COD, Halo dropped in popularity. Notice i didn't use the word "SALES".

Every COD up until maybe Halo 4 was ahead of Halo in terms of number of players connected to LIVE. Major nelson posted the most popular games on Live on his blog weekly. COD was almost always at the top. that is a FACT. you can check his blog if you want

It is not therefore a contradiction to state that Halo 4 was the best selling MS published game in the US. this is also a FACT. you can google it if you want.

Halo 5 = best selling game in the UK this week, sold 50% more copies than the previous Halo game released on the X1 and outsold Ass Creed syndicate. - FACT

Sales and popularity go hand in hand. You are doing some serious reaching trying to differentiate them (something I'd expect from a m$ shill). Halo 4 sold well because there was still a lot of interest in the series. 3 and Reach were both very populated games during their lifespan despite having strong competition from CoD. It was H4 that completely died off within a month because the game completely sucked ass. You want proof take a look http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=709697

It was H4 and a broken collection coupled with the xbone being an all around bad console that has finally killed off a lot of mainstream interest in the IP.

yes they do in a way, but its not reaching is it? If you think about it properly, its pretty clear.

Halo's popularity declined when another FPS (COD) took the limelight. more people were playing COD weekly online, but that on its own doesn't mean that sales of Halo games should be lower / higher than COD.

AS sales of the 360 console continued to grow, the install base was bigger and so when Halo 4 released, their were more people to buy it than there were when Halo 3 came out. Hence Halo 4 became the best selling MS published game in the US.

this really isn't rocket science. If you can't understand that, then i really am wasting my time.

The thing is Halo still had a thriving community when Bungie made it. 343 has completely ran off mostly everyone but paid streamers and the most die hard delusional fanboys like you.

4 barely sold more than 3 on a console with like 4x as many users when it released. You know what that means? It means most Halo fans already had the console back in 2007 and are the early adopters. Just like how everyone still interested in it already has an xbone hence why Halo 5 is not moving consoles.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#219 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Man, if the XBone doesn't win NPD for October, the Lems are going to be in a state of humiliation the likes we've not seen for ages.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#221 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@ten_pints: Suicide jokes of that sort are really unacceptable. I would advise you to refrain from posting something like that again.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

So I just saw something pretty alarming at Best Buy. I called around a couple of weeks ago trying to find the Limited Collectors Edition of Halo 5 for a friend who didn't pre-order. Every Best Buy in the state either said they only received enough to cover pre-orders or they got 1 extra but it was picked up already. Well I went to the local Best Buy today and there were 3 sitting on the shelf. I talked to an employee and he said all of their pre-orders were canceled. He even directed me to an Elite controller that had a pre-order canceled as well. I snatched that up for another buddy that couldn't find one and didn't pre-order. He's pretty ecstatic to finally get his hands on it and won't have to hear me bragging about having one anymore.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@a-new-guardian said:

No its not. Halo sales are traditionally front loaded.

I think for halo 5 the opposite of what you said may happen were it starts up slow during the holiday season and slowly starts to pick up steam to sell pretty well, but not as good as other halos. I think word of mouth may help halo 5 a bit eventually.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#224 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@sts106mat said:

wow there are some seriously thick Cows in this thread.

Halo 5 enters UK charts in first place.

Sold 50% more copies than Assassins creed syndicate did which (although on sale for shorter time period) is a multiplat.

It also sold 50% more copies than The Master Chief Collection did when it was released.

Chart track doesn't include downloaded copies either.

not sure how you can try and spin this as a bad performance.

Cows continue to be the clowns of system wars

AC Syndicate is the worst selling AC to date. MCC was a remaster collection. Halo 5 sold a LOT less than every new Halo release including ODST. Not sure how you can spin this as a good performance for the biggest exclusive m$ can possibly release. They needed to knock it out of the park and have it carry the xbone through the holidays and it couldn't even make it out of the gate without tripping. The Halo cow has been milked dry. Much like Forza has with 6 being by far the worst selling game in the series, Fable being reduced to free to play crap. The only thing left to bomb is the next Gears.

The Master Chief Collection sold over 5 million units, if Halo 5 is dwarfing it, it's selling extremely well.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Man, if the XBone doesn't win NPD for October, the Lems are going to be in a state of humiliation the likes we've not seen for ages.

Why would it win Oct? H5 came out at the end of the month.

You can drop your hate cowgenja, MS isn't going to apologize.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Shewgenja

@kingtito said:
@Shewgenja said:

Even the first XBox beat the effing PS2 the month that Halo 2 came out. Have any more excuses queued up? You'll need them.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 NyaDC
@Shewgenja said:
@kingtito said:
@Shewgenja said:

Even the first XBox beat the effing PS2 the month that Halo 2 came out. Have any more excuses queued up? You'll need them.

Halo 2 was literally the most anticipated game in the entire franchise and it released early November before Black Friday... Completely different circumstances...

usule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 usule
Member since 2003 • 1734 Posts

Halo 5 is the best FPS multiplayer experience this gen so far, hands down.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Shewgenja

@nyadc said:
@Shewgenja said:
@kingtito said:
@Shewgenja said:

Halo 2 was literally the most anticipated game in the entire franchise and it released early November before Black Friday... Completely different circumstances...

Good to know you're ready for the ownage. I'm sure people will really care a lot after the 360 beating the PS3 and all.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 kingtito

@Shewgenja said:
@kingtito said:
@Shewgenja said:

When did H2 release in the month? What was that Nov 9th? How is that the same as releasing with 4 days to go in Oct?

Have any more asinine statements? Yeah you probably do cowgenja.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

So, it's failing to live up to the expectations both critically, & commercially. Clearly not what Microsoft had hoped for. You have to feel bad for 343.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 NyaDC

@kingtito said:
@Shewgenja said:
@kingtito said:
@Shewgenja said:

When did H2 release in the month? What was that Nov 9th? How is that the same as releasing with 4 days to go in Oct?

Have any more asinine statements? Yeah you probably do cowgenja.

Not to mention Black Friday in November, the guy doesn't think before he speaks.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 kingtito

@Shewgenja said:
@nyadc said:
@Shewgenja said:
@kingtito said:
@Shewgenja said:

Good to know you're ready for the ownage. I'm sure people will really care a lot after the 360 beating the PS3 and all.

You're just upset because your example was a complete and utter failure. Like when you tried using SF5 as proof of the X1 not getting it because of it's lower sales. Never mind the fact that Sony helped fund it. Yeah, lame attempts are lame

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@ladyblue said:

So, it's failing to live up to the expectations both critically, & commercially. Clearly not what Microsoft had hoped for. You have to feel bad for 343.

I think MS had lower expectations for this game. I don't think they expected this game to sell like crazy when it launched. i do think it's selling good or great.The key thing to watch is this game's legs.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 NathanDrakeSwag

@super600 said:
@ladyblue said:

I think MS had lower expectations for this game. I don't think they expected this game to sell like crazy when it launched. i do think it's selling good or great.The key thing to watch is this game's legs.

That's like saying Nintendo has low expectations for Mario Kart.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Shewgenja

X marks the eXcuses today, Jesus Christ this is getting funny!

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By NyaDC

@Shewgenja said:

The only thing that is funny is how your attempt at insult is failing.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Shewgenja

@nyadc said:
@Shewgenja said:

The fact there are even such things as Lemmings after the XBone reveal is testament to the power of delusion. I don't kid myself into thinking there is any getting through to you guys. I'm just going to sit here and continue throwing popcorn at ya'll and you WILL continue to get mad about it.

It's a very fun game.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 NyaDC

@Shewgenja said:
@nyadc said:
@Shewgenja said:

The fact there are even such things as Lemmings after the XBone reveal is testament to the power of delusion. I don't kid myself into thinking there is any getting through to you guys. I'm just going to sit here and continue throwing popcorn at ya'll and you WILL continue to get mad about it.

It's a very fun game.

Nobody is mad, you're just saying really stupid things over, and over, and over again.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 kingtito

@Shewgenja said:
@nyadc said:
@Shewgenja said:

It's a very fun game.

The only delusional one here is you cowgenja. You bitch and complain about the X1 because they didn't apologize to you hahahahaha man that's just super duper pathetic.

There are legit gripes about the X1 but NOTHING as bad as your bitching makes it out to be. It's a great console with good games out and coming out. Is it selling as well as the PS4? Nope, not even close but does that mean it's not a good console? Nope, not by a long shot.

You really should focus on your console of choice instead of hating on the competition. Your hate makes you look bitter and pathetic. Don't look bitter and pathetic.

PS you're never going to get that apology.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Shewgenja

@kingtito said:

The only delusional one here is you cowgenja. You bitch and complain about the X1 because they didn't apologize to you hahahahaha man that's just super duper pathetic.

There are legit gripes about the X1 but NOTHING as bad as your bitching makes it out to be. It's a great console with good games out and coming out. Is it selling as well as the PS4? Nope, not even close but does that mean it's not a good console? Nope, not by a long shot.

You really should focus on your console of choice instead of hating on the competition. Your hate makes you look bitter and pathetic. Don't look bitter and pathetic.

I don't really have a console of choice. I'm more PCMR than anything. Although, it is fun siding with the PS4 for the sake of trolling you guys.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 NyaDC

@Shewgenja said:
@kingtito said:

I don't really have a console of choice. I'm more PCMR than anything. Although, it is fun siding with the PS4 for the sake of trolling you guys.

Oh you're a PC guy huh? I severely doubt that.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

Surprise, surprise, surprise! Im coming back to SW only to see that Halo 5 is still the flaming hot topic of the day. Supreme clientele.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 NyaDC

@draign said:

Surprise, surprise, surprise! Im coming back to SW only to see that Halo 5 is still the flaming hot topic of the day. Supreme clientele.

Yeah who would have thought lol...

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

@nyadc said:
@draign said:

Yeah who would have thought lol...

Tomb Raider is the next one for a while, then back to Halo 5.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@kingtito said:
@Shewgenja said:
@nyadc said:
@Shewgenja said:

It's a very fun game.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#247  Edited By Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

One week in and no Halo 5 sales PR from Microsoft.

That's not a good sign, guys.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#248 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61491 Posts

@Dire_Weasel: They're all too busy at MS HO playing the game.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 NathanDrakeSwag

@Dire_Weasel said:

One week in and no Halo 5 sales PR from Microsoft.

That's not a good sign, guys.

Their silence tells the whole story.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#250 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@Dire_Weasel: They're all too busy at MS HO playing the game.

Well that accounts for about nine hours ... what about the rest of the week? :p