Halo 5 and 343 (Will they pull it off)

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

Been reading a lot of feedback from fans and it seems mix about the multiplayer. Anybody confident they can live up the legacy Bungie had or is it the downfall of Halo. A lot of older fans aren't too happy with the way the multiplayers looks what do you veteran halo players think? I personally don't like the way its heading but I was never a big halo player to begin with.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Ask me after the beta

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By General_Solo76
Member since 2013 • 578 Posts

Either way, who really misses Bungie? Destiny is freaking horrible!

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

i think 343 has already proven they can only do buggy and not so great games

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

I don't care at this point. Halo use to be awesome years ago, but I gave up after Halo 3. I hear that MCC is broken as ****. Yeah, great.

I went though so many 360s during that time, theres no excuse. They make shit ass hardware. I was stupid.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

I thought 343 did an amazing job with H4, so I haven't lost faith... People are just pissed atm because of MCC.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#8 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Waiting till the beta before I decide.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#9 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

I think yes .

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

343 is 0/2 in my book, but third time's a charm.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@farrell2k @Krelian-co Do you realize it's not 343 who developed Master Chief Collection (Saber Interactive and Certain Affinity)? But of course I'm the one who is full of shit on this board, right?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

Going by their track record, no.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@farrell2k @Krelian-co Do you realize it's not 343 who developed Master Chief Collection (Saber Interactive and Certain Affinity)? But of course I'm the one who is full of shit on this board, right?

Why is their logo on the box?

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

Halo 5? When did 4 came out? Why would have they made 4?

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Salt_The_Fries

@Chutebox They produced it - whatever that means. From the info I found they were responsible for interfaces and infrastructure - but not the games, anyway, there was third studio, Ruffian Games.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Salt_The_Fries

Anyway, in no way is it acceptable but when you take 3 different devs, 4 different engines and the fact that the infrastructure was made by yet another dev, then something was bound to go wrong. However, I'm beyond confident this wouldn't have happened if it was all down to 343 and thus I remain optimistic about Halo 5. Nonetheless it's like I said, in no way is it acceptable.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Krelian-co

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@Chutebox They produced it - whatever that means. From the info I found they were responsible for interfaces and infrastructure - but not the games, anyway, there was third studio, Ruffian Games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo:_The_Master_Chief_Collection

So 343 developed the craptastic mess that is the online multiplayer huh? is high time you stop making excuses my delusional lem

The collection was primarily developed by 343 Industries

343 designed the interfaces and online networking

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MikeHockbourns
Member since 2014 • 754 Posts

Look at halo 4 and the halo mcc mess they just put out. Couldn't even get a last gen port right.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

343 built the overlying shell which connected all four games to each other in one package.

But yeah, it's simply a matter of what they were trying to accomplish. Multiple engines, four different matchmaking services, and all that. They shouldn't have released it the way they did, but it's not as if they simply messed up and up-rezzed game. It's a more complicated system than any other multiplayer game out there uses. Should have beta tested it.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Will they pull off the crowning disappointment of 2015? They sure will

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Salt_The_Fries

@farrell2k prove it with solid evidence or stop lingering like a bad odor.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

The Collection seems pretty poor but I doubt they had their main team working on it, I'd assume most of their resources are on Halo 5.

And I thought (gasp!) that Halo 4 was the best Halo campaign yet and had great (if not the best) multiplayer too. So I think Halo 5 will be pretty fantastic too.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I loved The MCC and that includes Halo 4, I actually think Halo 4 is the 2nd best game in the Halo franchise, after 2, I'm so glad they got rid of The Flood, most generic boring enemy I've played against, the "space pirates" in the fourth are only barely better though but 4 had a great story, emotional scenes, great pacing, length, and more. For me 343i havent put a step wrong, I've yet to encounter a problem with the online either, guess I got lucky. So yes I think they can pull it off.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#26  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

@funsohng said:

Halo 5? When did 4 came out? Why would have they made 4?

What you did there. I see it.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

for me the halos get worse every new one that comes out

id rate like

halo 1 10/10

halo 2 9/10

halo 3 8/10

halo 4 7/10

didnt play reach or OST maybe they should remaster those next in a bundle

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

I don't think 343 will ever be Bungie.....

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Naa The Order will take that

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#30 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@SolidTy said:

343 is 0/2 in my book, but third time's a charm.

They did Halo Anniversary which was great so 1/3. Not sure what the other game other than MCC you're talking about though. lol

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

Thats great news because Bungie is garbage now.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

You're implying that A) people are still hyped for The Order and B) The Order will be remembered a month after launch.

The fact we're comparing both shows how hard Halo has fallen.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Krelian-co

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

so bungie became 343? garbageception

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Top kek

Dat Black Friday domination. Hahahahaha!

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

nah, they actually managed to become worse than their tribute band. they should have just stuck to halo. everyone would have been happier.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Krelian-co

@mems_1224 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

nah, they actually managed to become worse than their tribute band. they should have just stuck to halo. everyone would have been happier.

i do agree with that, halo is the only franchise i thought was actually good from 360.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Your name is on the box, you are in charge of the production of the game, and you get all the credit when things go right. Thus 343 must now accept the fucking blame for putting their name, their stamp, their mouth pieces behind a game that barely works.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Salt_The_Fries

@jg4xchamp Never did I say I condone it. It's them as producers, they put their stamp on it, they oversaw it, they probably underestimated how many people they should've put there as the bulk of the team was working on Halo 5. Bottom line - outsourcing doesn't pay off, vide Aliens Colonial Marines.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@jg4xchamp Never did I say I condone it. It's them as producers, they put their stamp on it, they oversaw it, they probably underestimated how many people they should've put there as the bulk of the team was working on Halo 5. Bottom line - outsourcing doesn't pay off, vide Aliens Colonial Marines.

And thus they must accept the blame ala Gearbox, which brings us back to their track record isn't very good right now.

As the tribute band to bungie they have one sequel to the franchise: where the campaign was basically any other Halo game, and the multiplayer flat out isn't liked by the fanbase. It died the quickest in the franchise, and people who making a living off that game throw it under the bus.

For a follow up act they produced a collection of 4 games, and the biggest aspect of a Halo game: the multiplayer was fucking busted, for what is it now? 2 weeks?

They are 0 for 2 right no matter how many different ways someone wants to spin it. At the least they are still the tribute band to Bungie, as opposed to their own developer, and Bungie isn't even that good. They were a glorified one hit wonder.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Nobody likes change that's for sure. I think if they truly have arena shooters like COD out of their mind when designing the MP of 5 they should be good. I played reach's MP and I thought it was fine. Going to load outs and perks in 4 was not where the game needed to go.

What makes Halo MP is the maps and balance. Leave COD MP int hat game and concentrate on great maps and balance. That what people want imo.

With the recent shit with MCC, 343 needs to address the netcode immediately, because if the game comes out like that and people cant play in a reasonable time, the game is ruined.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts
@jg4xchamp said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Your name is on the box, you are in charge of the production of the game, and you get all the credit when things go right. Thus 343 must now accept the fucking blame for putting their name, their stamp, their mouth pieces behind a game that barely works.

I think his point is, the team developing Halo 5, is not the team who was outsourced to do the MCC, regardless of whether or not they live under the same roof so to speak.

In fact that team had an alibi. At the time of the MCC was in development, the team at 343 were busy working on Halo 5.

So someone would have to be trying to be a fanboy to try and spin the MCC mess up as an indication as to how Halo 5 would turn out.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Heil68

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@jg4xchamp said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I think his point is, the team developing Halo 5, is not the team who was outsourced to do the MCC, regardless of whether or not they live under the same roof so to speak.

In fact that team had an alibi. At the time of the MCC was in development, the team at 343 were busy working on Halo 5.

So someone would have to be trying to be a fanboy to try and spin the MCC mess up as an indication as to how Halo 5 would turn out.

I think Champs point makes sense too, because if the game was an awesome critical success off the bat, people wouldn't be thanking Saber Interactive and Certain Affinity.

Champ is also correct in pointing out Halo4 and how fast it died(MP) and that has 343's name on it through and through. Of course Halo4 sold really well, just not sure how sales off MP components like map packs did compaired to previous Bungie Halo games.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

Not likely. Expect to be unimpressed and you won't be disappointed. Better yet don't preorder shit from from game publishers (or any corporation for that matter), they are little beyond non-stop bullshitters.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts
@Heil68 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@jg4xchamp said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I think Champs point makes sense too, because if the game was an awesome critical success off the bat, people wouldn't be thanking Saber Interactive and Certain Affinity.

Champ is also correct in pointing out Halo4 and how fast it died(MP) and that has 343's name on it through and through. Of course Halo4 sold really well, just not sure how sales off MP components like map packs did compaired to previous Bungie Halo games.

But who gets the credit or blame has nothing to do with how Halo 5 will turn out, which is what the thread is getting at. Because regardless of what the public see (the names), the fact is two different teams handled the projects.

Also Bungie are nothing special in this either. Halo 2 and 3 are the only good games they've made. And Halo CE has the worst most repetitive level design. ODST was shit and Reach was boring in single player and co-op. So in that respect Halo 4 isn't that bad.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

343 is garbage tier.they couldn't even have the halo collections mp ready and those games were already complete, they just had to add some halo 4 esc effects, add 60 fps and call it a day. Hell not every remake received the same amount of treatment either, halo 2 got the biggest visual overhaul. I guess it's because being the smelliest turd they had to make sure it was the shiniest of the bunch.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Heil68

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Heil68 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@jg4xchamp said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

But who gets the credit or blame has nothing to do with how Halo 5 will turn out, which is what the thread is getting at. Because regardless of what the public see (the names), the fact is two different teams handled the projects.

Some people will look at the MCC collection and wonder if Halo 5 will suffer the same type of online issues. I understand 2 teams made it, but 343 in in control of the franchise.

I'm hoping the game turns out great though. Halo3 defined pre 2009 Xbox to me playing Halo2, made me want a 360 to keep playing.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

Well, two considerations to think of. First, will they make a good game. Second, will it be polished and not so buggy.

As for whether it'll be a good game, that'll remain to be seen. Halo 4 was probably my lease favorite Halo games, it was still just okay. I didn't much care for Halo CE:A. So, whether this game ends up being good can probably go either way. In 343's defense they were probably rushed to work on Halo CE:A while working on Halo 4 and vice versa, probably explaining why I felt underwhelmed with both. Maybe the same thing here regarding MCC and Halo 5 Guardians., I hope that's not the case. Maybe MS should just have 343 working on one thing at a time.

Anyhow, regarding the MCC bugs, I probably attribute most of that to the fact the MCC is 4 games and is probably a lot more complex to manage servers for I'm guessing. Hopefully since Halo 5 Guardians is just one game that the persisting MCC issues won't be there for Halo 5.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

It's going to be very difficult, if not impossible, to get a reasonable answer right now.

People are still furious that MCC launched with a lot of issues...which is a very legitimate complaint but to be fair, combining four games into one and remastering them all sounds like a daunting task.

I think they can do it. From what I've seen, I like the feel of Halo 5. Shocking. No, it's not Halo 2 with better graphics which is what some "hardcore, uber 1337s" claim they want, but Halo needs to progress just like everything else.

It's funny. Gamers are always whining that devs just "rehash" the same things over and over. 343i is trying to change things...and all people do is whine.

They just can't please everyone. If you don't want to play it, don't.

We'll all know more after the Beta, but from what a lot of old Halo pros have been saying, it's actually a pretty awesome game. Graphically it looks glorious already, a year away from launch, and Halo 4 was arguably the most graphically impressive game on 360.

A lot of people bitch about Halo 4, but it was a great title from a brand new studio.

I still have faith.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#50 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Everyone and their mothers are already full on trashing on the order. By the sense of the word, it cant be a disappointment