Halo 4 vs God of War 4 (E3 clash of the Titans)

• 143 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

It's too impossible to pick between the two. I have no idea which series I've enjoyed more so far, so I'm going to remain equally excited for both. And although I don't think Metroid Prime 4 is going to ever happen, if it did the shock would probably kill me before I even had a chance to play it!!!!

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
lol seriously? Its an insult to everyone to think gow is anywhere close to being as good as halo. Gow never clicked for me. Halo is my favorite franchise ever though so im super biased
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
well isnt ascension a spin off? Im not sure. god of war ascension i am looking forward to more.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#54 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
God of War will most likely have a better single player experience. Halo 4 will have a pretty good multiplayer. Don't see how you would compare the games.
killa4lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 killa4lyfe
Member since 2008 • 3849 Posts
343 has something to prove while SM does not. I see GOW 3 as the safe choice. I feel like Halo 4 will end up disappointing. Just a guess though, seeing as how I have seen nothing either's SP experience. :?
worknow222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 worknow222
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

in one hand, we know nothing of how GOW4 will be like. On the other hand we have................... HaloNengo_Flow
Or in one hand, we know nothing of how GOW4 will be like. and On the other hand we have halo 4 a game we kinda no nothing truly about, really

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Who cares if they aren't the same it's just the battle of the 4's jeez.

Anyway my vote is for Halo 4. It has way more stuff going on around it (single player, the multiplayer and the really cool sounding Spartan Ops) so yeah that.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#59 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

Which will be less surprising?

CRxvr.gif

Skat0rzZzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 Skat0rzZzz
Member since 2011 • 109 Posts

Comparing an FPS and a Slasher game. I see what you did there OP.

The new DMC(5) then

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 kbanna
Member since 2011 • 741 Posts

Is this a joke? Halo is a mega franchise that beat movie sales, has a huge following, books anime, and most important longevity. the multiplayer and single player have players coming back for years and offers a different experience every time you play it because of it's unique physics engine. GOW is a hack an slash with preset button combos. The last one "looked prettier" but played like the liner hack and slash of it's predecessor. How is this even comparable??? And Sales??? forget it. I don't see any way you can compare these two games because they are not in the same league

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#62 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
I hate god of War, and I've never played the Halo series.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44256 Posts

No doubt in mah mind that after the clash; like always, Master Chief will be the last Spartan standing. :P

STARTNPLAY1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 STARTNPLAY1
Member since 2012 • 53 Posts

thumbnail.aspx?q=4560117653504119&id=d3eVSthumbnail.aspx?q=4749018899546817&id=734

Now If You Did This ! I Might Of Believed Your Title !

Anything Other Is Not Believeable

WarTornRuston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 WarTornRuston
Member since 2011 • 2712 Posts

For me- Each GOW release is worse than the last while each Halo release is not always better but there is more innovation. And Halo 4 has the most drastc changes yet. I am going with Halo 4.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

GOW:A gets my vote for sure after seeing this stuff

god-of-war-ascension-20120429110146938.jgod-of-war-ascension-20120429110148287.jgod-of-war-ascension-20120429110149405.jgod-of-war-ascension-20120429110150522.j

fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 fusionhunter
Member since 2008 • 2009 Posts

I would consider it to be more of a spin off than GoW4.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

I don't know which one will be better but I know which one will look better!

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#69 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I expect them to both score around the same, but I have no doubt that GOW will win more awards and be a lot better on a technical level, it's easily going to be the more advanced game. Anyone that has played past GOW games will tell you how epic they were, like the battle against Poseidon and Cronos:

God of War 3 - Poseidon Battle HD

God of War 3 - Kratos vs Cronos Boss Battle Pt 1 (HD)

Even if your a 360 owner you should still watch those videos, the scale of those boss fights is amazing and it's a shame for anyone to miss out on them. GOW 4 is going to take that level of epicness that you just saw to the next level! Only thing I'm worried about is the multiplayer, it just sounds so odd to be in a GOW game. But I'll give it a chance when it comes out.

Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#70 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts
Halo 4 looks the same as always.. No difference whatsoever. God Of War though, that one just looks bad.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#71 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Halo is an FPS, God of War is an action game. The two audiences are not the same. People aren't going to get one over the other. They will get both if they like the series and have the consoles to play it on.

Now Halo vs. CoD Black Ops 2. There is a much larger percentage of people who will pick one or the other. Still, most halo players will stick to Halo while most CoD players will get Black Ops 2.

Game series really don't compete with each other unless they are of the exact same genre and going at the same audience. Like Battlefield 3 vs. MW3. Even then, gamers usually don't pick favorites and just buy whatever game or games they want to play. I know a lot of people who bought both BF3 and MW3 (myself included) because we enjoy both series.

Heated competition is for fanboys. The rest of us just enjoy the games that come out.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
343 have to prove themselves...santa monica dont.
BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 BibiMaghoo
Member since 2009 • 4018 Posts

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjTG5LpaG3o

Thats not button mashing.

crimsonman1245
I didn't view the vid, but you are trying to tell me a game I have finished is not button mashing......I assure you it is, I know this because I have finished the game lol.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
[QUOTE="crimsonman1245"]

BibiMaghoo
I didn't view the vid, but you are trying to tell me a game I have finished is not button mashing......I assure you it is, I know this because I have finished the game lol.

In easy or medium it can be played as a button smasher in hard or over it can't. Don't play it like a noob and it doesn't feel that way.
Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Innovazero2000
Member since 2006 • 3159 Posts
Halo 4 looks the same as always.. No difference whatsoever. God Of War though, that one just looks bad.001011000101101
This has no merit nor does it even make sense. A series typically has similar art designs over the course of it's existence, God of War is no different.
Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Innovazero2000
Member since 2006 • 3159 Posts

I expect them to both score around the same, but I have no doubt that GOW will win more awards and be a lot better on a technical level, it's easily going to be the more advanced game. Anyone that has played past GOW games will tell you how epic they were, like the battle against Poseidon and Cronos:

God of War 3 - Poseidon Battle HD

God of War 3 - Kratos vs Cronos Boss Battle Pt 1 (HD)

Even if your a 360 owner you should still watch those videos, the scale of those boss fights is amazing and it's a shame for anyone to miss out on them. GOW 4 is going to take that level of epicness that you just saw to the next level! Only thing I'm worried about is the multiplayer, it just sounds so odd to be in a GOW game. But I'll give it a chance when it comes out.

ShadowMoses900
While I don't discredit how good GOW looks, these are two different games with two different engines doing very different things. To be honest, there is really nothing ground breaking going on in those fights. It's all geometry, normal maps, and LOD focus on a specific point, a bit a very large point. It's going to look epic because it's huge in relation to Krato's, making a literal David vs Goliath on screen. Halo meanwhile takes that same type of scale but broadens it for larger battlefields and with more AI. Same but different.
BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 BibiMaghoo
[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"][QUOTE="crimsonman1245"]

kuraimen

In easy or medium it can be played as a button smasher in hard or over it can't. Don't play it like a noob and it doesn't feel that way.

A game played on Normal, should be just that no? a 'Normal' experience of the game. I never play games on easy, to say I shouldnt judge a games worth or mechanics based on a 'normal' playthrough is fkn stupid lol.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 kuraimen
[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"] I didn't view the vid, but you are trying to tell me a game I have finished is not button mashing......I assure you it is, I know this because I have finished the game lol.

A game played on Normal, should be just that no? a 'Normal' experience of the game. I never play games on easy, to say I shouldnt judge a games worth or mechanics based on a 'normal' playthrough is fkn stupid lol.

But then your knowledge of the game is poor, don't pretend to know how the game is played when other people have actually played in a way that it's far from a button masher.
BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 BibiMaghoo
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] In easy or medium it can be played as a button smasher in hard or over it can't. Don't play it like a noob and it doesn't feel that way.

But then your knowledge of the game is poor, don't pretend to know how the game is played when other people have actually played in a way that it's far from a button masher.

*Facepalm* My knowledge of a game I have played through to it's conclusion is poor..... Ok then dude, ok.....
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 kuraimen
[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"] A game played on Normal, should be just that no? a 'Normal' experience of the game. I never play games on easy, to say I shouldnt judge a games worth or mechanics based on a 'normal' playthrough is fkn stupid lol.

*Facepalm* My knowledge of a game I have played through to it's conclusion is poor..... Ok then dude, ok.....

Yeah if you have played it on a lower difficulty then it's poor. Specially when trying to tell other people it's a button masher.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
343 have to prove themselves...santa monica dont.campzor
Whats funny is that quite a few santa monica devs now work for 343.
BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 BibiMaghoo
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] But then your knowledge of the game is poor, don't pretend to know how the game is played when other people have actually played in a way that it's far from a button masher.

Yeah if you have played it on a lower difficulty then it's poor. Specially when trying to tell other people it's a button masher.

I already told you I played it on Normal...I'm not sure why that is difficult to understand. Normal is normal, not lower. Any game in 'normal' mode is the 'normal' representation of the game.......This is not complicated. I do not dispute it is harder on Titan mode, but that is irrelevant.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#83 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Personally, God of War>>>Halo, so I'd pick Ascension in this poll (that, plus the fact that the changes in Halo 4 are... distasteful, to say the least). Having said that, I have no interest in either game. To risk sounding like a hypocritical gamer who exemplifies the typical forum poster, I have no interest in Halo because it is changing too much, and no interest in God of War, because it is not changing at all.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 kuraimen
[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"] *Facepalm* My knowledge of a game I have played through to it's conclusion is poor..... Ok then dude, ok.....

I already told you I played it on Normal...I'm not sure why that is difficult to understand. Normal is normal, not lower. Any game in 'normal' mode is the 'normal' representation of the game.......This is not complicated. I do not dispute it is harder on Titan mode, but that is irrelevant.

How is it irrelevant? The game is NOT a button masher on the highest difficulties that's why people have a legitimate argument when they say the game is not a button masher.
tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Kratos vs Master Chief, two great spartans.. however, Kratos wins.

moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts

[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] But then your knowledge of the game is poor, don't pretend to know how the game is played when other people have actually played in a way that it's far from a button masher.kuraimen

Isn't it the developer's fault to allow the default difficulty to be played like a button masher? Why can't a consistent degree of thought be required for all difficulties-just to varying degrees?

klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#87 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

I'm more interested on how Halo 4 would turn out since 343 is developing it.

Javos_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Javos_25
Member since 2012 • 110 Posts
GOW: Ascension will destroy Call of Halo. It's not even close. If this was a Bungie game I would have to say Halo but everything I heard about Halo 4 makes it sound like sh!t. I was hoping for some genuine innovation in the franchise, this just seems like Halo with custom loadouts
Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

Gotta go with Halo personally, though I'm keeping an eye on Ascenscion. The multiplayer announcement was pretty intriguing.

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 BibiMaghoo
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] Yeah if you have played it on a lower difficulty then it's poor. Specially when trying to tell other people it's a button masher.

How is it irrelevant? The game is NOT a button masher on the highest difficulties that's why people have a legitimate argument when they say the game is not a button masher.

It's irrelevant because as I have said, several times now. Playing a game on normal mode is a normal representation of the game. This is a fact. It is not debatable. That is the very meaning of the word 'normal'. Your suggestion that playing it on something other than normal, is in fact 'normal' is pretty funny dude. You can say that it is not a button masher when playing on high difficulty, I except that....I except that playing on Titan mode, requires more skill and thought. That does not change the fact that the 'normal' version of the game is a button masher, and it was to this I was reffering. Either way, my original post was not to convince people that it is a button masher, I don't care what other people on an internet forum care to believe, that is their choice, I was simply expressing my opinion, that GOW3 (being the only GOW game I have played) is a button masher (full of nipples :P ) Is that clear to you dude? Do you understand me now?
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"] *Facepalm* My knowledge of a game I have played through to it's conclusion is poor..... Ok then dude, ok.....moose_knuckler

Isn't it the developer's fault to allow the default difficulty to be played like a button masher? Why can't a consistent degree of thought be required for all difficulties-just to varying degrees?

The game is designed to be strategically challenging for some difficulties and less for others. Some people can play it like a button masher but that doesn't mean there is no strategy in lower levels too. For a more inexperienced player playing in normal would also be done strategically. If every game would be judged in the lower difficulties then every game would be designed for noobs but that's not the case. If the guy thinks in normal the game is a button masher then he should play it on a more challenging difficulty or STFU because he doesn't know what he's talking about. I bet he would be owned hard if he tried to button mash on hard.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#92 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Spartan vs Spartan, fitting I guess. Both are considered the top titles (or at least among the top titles) for their systems, but considering how both are wildly different it is weird people compare them.

It does remind me of an old Game Informer letter where someone wondered who would win in a fist fight between Kratos and Master Chief. MC would be given his power armor naturally since Kratos has the advantage of being a demi god, but it would be fists only. To be honest, I still think Kratos is OP, especially after GoW III where he basically tore through Titans and Gods with his bare hands.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

This is a tough one. Both franchises have lots of games with the same old gameplay.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts
I am really tired of FPS, so i am going with GOW A. Cause (obviously) the story will be better, Graphics speaks for it's self(it's better than Halo 4), Can't wait to see what they are doing with the multiplayer, not but definitely not least, it's **** Kratos. I already got Halo 4, but i wasn't impressed at all.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 mems_1224
:lol: at bumping an old thread then saying GoW has a better story
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 kuraimen
:lol: at bumping an old thread then saying GoW has a better storymems_1224
It has, and it's going to crush Call of Halo on Metacritic.
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
it's **** Kratos.happyduds77
One of the worst leading characters in gaming today. K.
JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 JohnnyCageMK
Member since 2012 • 4365 Posts

Halo is a much bigger franchise than GoW. Ascension is competing with GeoW Judgement.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 mems_1224
[QUOTE="mems_1224"]:lol: at bumping an old thread then saying GoW has a better storykuraimen
It has, and it's going to crush Call of Halo on Metacritic.

no, it doesnt. you've never played a halo game so how would you know its story?
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 mems_1224
[QUOTE="happyduds77"] it's **** Kratos.PannicAtack
One of the worst leading characters in gaming today. K.

easily. i dont get the love for the guy.