Halo 4 has full blown loadouts...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

I think I'm going to be sick.

http://www.giantbomb.com/343-talkin-mess-about-halo-4-multiplayer/17-6572/

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Because the hell with arena shooters!

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
People starting out with BR? I'm a skeptic to that.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

You jelly that every Halo game is better than every single PS3 FPS? It has the sales, the critical approval, the features, and most importantly, the community. There are probably more people playing Halo Reach right now than Killzone 2, Killzone 3, and all 3 Resistance games put together.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

Wasdie

dead wasdie...dead. I do miss the days when everyone were on equal ground.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
This might end up being my favorite Halo game.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#7 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

fine by me this xmas is wi u mas!

platniumgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 platniumgamer
Member since 2011 • 3960 Posts

halo 4 could just be the best game ever made.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 senses_fail_06

He unlocked guns at the end of the match *smh*

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

Not a big deal. It will still play like halo. And you can still pick up weapons in the map.

I doubt you'll be sick. You hate halo already.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wasdie  Moderator

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

lawlessx

But if everybody has BR, everybody is equal!

I miss the days where map control was important. Now just keep running in circles and kill whatever pops up in front of you. That's exactly how CoD and Medal of Honor is.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
the graphix remind me of Resistance 2.
OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

Not a big deal. It will still play like halo. And you can still pick up weapons in the map.

GOGOGOGURT
Exactly!
GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

[QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

OhSnapitz

Exactly!

Spawning with weapons is a way to progress the series. I think even reach was more COD-like than 4, so we'll see.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Ugh.. No. Im sick of this. Why can't halo just be halo. Sure I would like it to evolve but evolving shouldn't mean just combining it with COD.. Enough games do that. I like everyone starting off with a standard gun that isn't great but effective enough to get a kill like the assault rifle in Halo 3 was perfectly balanaced. Finding points and maintaining them to have an advantage and using team work to accomplish that is much better than everyone just going rambo with their own custom loadouts like in COD

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 senses_fail_06

GOGOGOGURT

That just isn't true. I own all the Halo games besides Wars and Anniversary.

I'll beat you at Halo 3 if you wish. Lone Wolf, me versus any scrub in here...just buy me a month of live :cool:

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Wasdie  Moderator

GOGOGOGURT

The loss of map control will really hurt the gameplay. A whole dynamic of an arena shooter isn't just understanding the map, it is preventing your enemy from getting certain weapons, forcing them to play in other strategies.

I'll admit, this was less in Halo 2-Reach but it was still there. Loadouts are just... too mainstream and too used. I would think it would be great that one big shooter series would do something different.

Halo 3 and Reach had their own unique things that kept that arena shooter framework.

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"][QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

GOGOGOGURT

Exactly!

Spawning with weapons is a way to progress the series. I think even reach was more COD-like than 4, so we'll see.

Plus, it's a well known fact that Halo players only care about the Rocket launcher and the Sniper rifle, so this saves 343 the trouble of Weapon mapping and just give them what they want right off the bat.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Wasdie

I miss the days where map control was important. Now just keep running in circles and kill whatever pops up in front of you. That's exactly how CoD and Medal of Honor is.

Now im just thinking about the good times i had with halo 1-2-3...:cry:
Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#20 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
The guy playing in the video blows. That's all I could comprehend from the video.
AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
F*ck me.... those really are full blown load outs. :(
Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Slow_Show
Member since 2011 • 2018 Posts

Wasdie

98% sure they've confirmed that some modes/playlists will be sans loadouts.

Personally I prefer them. "Everyone is equal" if nice when you have two quality, balanced teams, but how often does that happen in Halo? I'd rather have the option to tailor my loadout to the situation than get my ass handed to me because my teammates f*ckwad_McJagoff, f*ckwad_McJagoff(1) and f*ckwad_McJagoff(2) don't know where the power weapons spawn, so I'm stuck with an AR+pistol while the other team runs things with a sniper and shotty or whatever.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#23 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I don't see the issue....Reach had loadouts too. So what it's like COD now, who cares? How is that a bad thing? COD is better than Halo, so now Halo might be just as good as COD because it's copying it.

Ironically though Black Ops 2 will be quite different from past COD games, there arn't even going to be kill streaks in the game anymore. And the class system is totally different, you now have a 10 point system instead.

FireSpirit117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FireSpirit117
Member since 2012 • 1926 Posts

The guy playing it sucks.

Also, I don't see what this big deal is. This just looks like an expanded version of what was in Reach. And from what I've gathered, you only get specific weapons in the loadouts (i.e. basic rifles and pistols) and none of the power weapons so it's not "full blown".

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
And you think there won't be a lobby for classic Halo gameplay types?
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
Weapon unlocks? WTH!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!? One thing I liked about Halo was that there wasn't weapon unlocks from the start, now they added that crap? ERRR
Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Plagueless
Member since 2010 • 2569 Posts

[QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

Wasdie

The loss of map control will really hurt the gameplay. A whole dynamic of an arena shooter isn't just understanding the map, it is preventing your enemy from getting certain weapons, forcing them to play in other strategies.

I'll admit, this was less in Halo 2-Reach but it was still there. Loadouts are just... too mainstream and too used. I would think it would be great that one big shooter series would do something different.

Halo 3 and Reach had their own unique things that kept that arena shooter framework.

How does spawning with BR = loss of map control mechanic? You do realize that weapons like the rockets, sniper, sword, etc will still be pickups scattered around the map (or dropped at random spots around the map in infinity slayer) In Halo 2, 3, etc there was always around 4-6 BRs or Carbines, having everyone spawn with one wont affect the map control aspect whatsoever. Do you ever remember someone saying: "rush BR spawn!" Or "Carbine on my X!) No, because they aren't power weapons. Im not exactly sure what you're getting at here.
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
Run and Gun Headless Chickens FTW
TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TopTierHustler
Member since 2012 • 3894 Posts

I miss when map control was a central strat to shooters.

Why does everybody have to d1ck ride CoD now?

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Old news, looks great.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#31 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

OhSnapitz

Exactly!

Exactly what I was thinking, :lol:

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AcidSoldner
And you think there won't be a lobby for classic Halo gameplay types? Zeviander
Probably but they may mess that up like they did with Reach. While Reach wasn't perfect, it certainly had it's own gameplay style and it was still very much Halo and balanced for the most part. Along comes 343i who caves in to the Halo 3 tryhards and butcher Reach with their latest Title Update and attempt to turn it into something it's not, Halo 3. While some of the changes were favorable like nerfing Armor Lock and a slight toning down of bloom, introducing a "bleed through" system to both shield and health completely f*cked with the flow of Reach. I'd much rather deal with Armor Lock pansies that have to deal with the bullsh!t that "bleed through" brings to Reach. Anyways, instead of at least splitting the playlists evenly (which is stupid already since you should never split up a community) they gave some lists the TU while others kept the vanilla settings. So if you want to play a particular playlist/gamerype, you may have to play with setting you don't like. It was all a big mess and one of the reasons I've been skeptical of 343i and Halo 4's MP since it's announcement
jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

I thought this was just how Infinity Slayer works? Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of the modes won't be making use of progression AFAIK.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SaltyMeatballs

I thought this was just how Infinity Slayer works? Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of the modes won't be making use of progression AFAIK.

jamejame

Infinity slayer is just a slayer mode which has ordnance drops. TBH they haven't detailed the whole progression system yet.

Weapon unlocks? WTH!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!? One thing I liked about Halo was that there wasn't weapon unlocks from the start, now they added that crap? ERRRShadowDeathX
Some weapons will be unlocked from the start in pre-set loadouts, but you have to unlock to create your own personal loadout with them.

Also some maps/gametypes will limit what loadouts you can use.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
[QUOTE="AcidSoldner"]Probably but they may mess that up like they did with Reach. While Reach wasn't perfect, it certainly had it's own gameplay style and it was still very much Halo and balanced for the most part. Along comes 343i who caves in to the Halo 3 tryhards and butcher Reach with their latest Title Update and attempt to turn it into something it's not, Halo 3. While some of the changes were favorable like nerfing Armor Lock and a slight toning down of bloom, introducing a "bleed through" system to both shield and health completely f*cked with the flow of Reach. I'd much rather deal with Armor Lock pansies that have to deal with the bullsh!t that "bleed through" brings to Reach. Anyways, instead of at least splitting the playlists evenly (which is stupid already since you should never split up a community) they gave some lists the TU while others kept the vanilla settings. So if you want to play a particular playlist/gamerype, you may have to play with setting you don't like. It was all a big mess and one of the reasons I've been skeptical of 343i and Halo 4's MP since it's announcement

*yawn* Then don't buy/play it. No skin off my back. If you really want traditional Halo gameplay like it was in Halo 3 (or whatever), then just play Halo 3. I enjoy the differences between 3 and Reach, and I'm looking forward to seeing the differences between Reach and 4, and I hope 343i does try and bring a fresh new experience to Halo without it being too much like anything else.
HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

Looks great but the guy playing could have done better.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SaltyMeatballs

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Wasdie

The time to kill with the finess weapons are the same, only the light rifle is different which has two shot types, one is faster to kill but harder to use one is slower.

Map control is still important because you can't start with power weapons, they are still spawned into the map, only difference is that the timing is different every time however every player can see when a weapon is going to spawn which should create interesting battles IMO, unless you are one of those people who thinks looking at a timer when you pickup a weapon and counting seconds is a skill.

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AcidSoldner

I enjoy the differences between 3 and Reach, and I'm looking forward to seeing the differences between Reach and 4, and I hope 343i does try and bring a fresh new experience to Halo without it being too much like anything else.Zeviander
I didn't say otherwise, I enjoyed them both on their own merits as well. I was simply stating if 343i does impliment "classis" playlist or whatever, which you addressed, that they better do it right. Shoehorning Halo 3's bleed through into Reach didn't mesh well at all and if they attempt to do the same to Halo 4, I would hope that they would at least make sure it works.

My post was a bit ranty so I probably wasn't clear as I wanted to.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Everyone now copies the king of FPS's AKA CoD.. nothing new.. this only shows who the real leader really is :cool:

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
no dude you cant start out with a power wep... Power weps must be picked up still. So ya. cool with me
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
such a shame...
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#42 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

Even better.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Okay?

never played CoD and don't have some inner, burning loathing nor do I lose sleep over CoD's existance, so something CoD-ish existing in halo isn't going to automatically make me despise it. perhaps 343 will do a decent job with it?

that plsu even with some CoD elements I'm sure 343 will make sure that the game still has some halo elements and still feels like halo.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
i think its great. everyone has their own loadout and perks to start out with.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Wasdie
yea because im sure 343 wont make a classic playlist :roll:
derptholomew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 derptholomew
Member since 2012 • 326 Posts

brad shoemaker been a halo hater every video I see him in, even since his days here at gamespot, he is a sony fanboy through and through! why the hell they would give him the time or the day to play halo 4 is beyond me, let me play it and I WILL SHOW YOU SOMEONE THAT actually cares about the series and knows what he is talking about and actually knows how to strafe! Brad is fvckin garbage at halo and I would destroy him at it

jhalter1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jhalter1
Member since 2011 • 302 Posts

I'm not going to buy this game new. I'm buying it used just to screw 343i. I cannot support something like this, but I will actively mock their poor decision making.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
Lets face it most of the people that are acting like this is the worst thing ever were not going to buy the game anyways. I think Halo is looking great and I am glad that 343 proved me wrong with all my doubts.
Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Plagueless

I'm not going to buy this game new. I'm buying it used just to screw 343i. I cannot support something like this, but I will actively mock their poor decision making.

jhalter1
Considering that when you buy it used it's already been sold new, you're not really screwing anyone.............
Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Plagueless
Lets face it most of the people that are acting like this is the worst thing ever were not going to buy the game anyways. I think Halo is looking great and I am glad that 343 proved me wrong with all my doubts.CanYouDiglt
Exactly. Everyone is going to be skeptical because it has Cod-like elements in it. What people forget, however, is that these elements aren't what makes Cod bad. Its the execution of them. In every Cod game there are always guns that are OP, perks that are OP, and killstreaks that are OP, but the reason Cod has such a bad rep is because these things NEVER GET CHANGED. The Cod devs just wait until the next year to fix problems, while meanwhile adding a dozen new ones every year..... Case in point: Juggernaut was regarded as an incredibly OP perk, so in MW2 they removed it. But, they replaced it with Deathstreaks that were ridiculous. Removing Juggernaut made Stopping Power OP. So they removed it in BO. But, Ghost was added. And it goes on and on and on....... If you ever read the comments of Cod idiots on youtube, you'll find they get so excited when a new cod is released and they're like: "Oh my god they removed Last Stand!!! YEEEESSSS!!!!" Or "OMG NO MORE GHOST CAMPERS THANK YOU TREYARC BO2 FOR LIFEZZ!!!!" 343 won't be like the Cod devs. If something like a perk truly is OP in Halo 4, they'll patch it. They did it for Armor Lock in Reach.