Halo 3 Video/Screenshot/Gametype Sharing is gonna own

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kcm_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 kcm_117
Member since 2004 • 2081 Posts

Well i just picked up the newst copy of Gamepro, and im very impressed with the features in Halo 3 Multiplayer. I know some of you gotto experience this in the beta, but i didnt know how deep some of these features went and im gonan share it with others who may not know....

Video and Screenshot Sharing/Recording-At the end of every match you get the option to save a full recording of the match. You can switch the camera and angles around during the replay and look at the match from a different perspective. You can also cut out clips and screenshots from the recording.

These recordings and screenshots can be shared/sent to friends, and saved to your hard drive to enjoy. Imagine the possibilities for Machinima and having a small clip of you headshotting your friend to send to him for more ownage. I know personally that i like taking screenshots in world of warcraft when im playing on the pc, so im glad to see the ability to take screenshots in a console game.

This can also give people to the potential to watch how really good players play, where some 'hiding spots' can be, and all other kinds of possibilities. I dont see any other consolegame doing something of this calibur.

Highly Customizable Gametype Sharing- We all know that in Halo 2 you could make your own gametypes, and some people made glassic Gametypes such as 'Zombie' which was really fun and was like a whole different game. Well in halo 3 the customization is even more detailed, and you can send/share the gametypes with friends, cant wait to see what some people manage to cook up.

Im going to be playing this game for a very, very, very long time....

bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts
Sounds pretty cool.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
people think its just a stupid ltl feature, but few realize its potential... Bungie plans on using it to make level walkthrough and such... It could turn into a youtube type experience..
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 wolverine4262
you forgot to mention that youll be able to upload screenshots to bungie.net and then download them to your comp... I think something similar will be done for videos, too.
Frunku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Frunku
Member since 2004 • 1062 Posts

Well i just picked up the newst copy of Gamepro, and im very impressed with the features in Halo 3 Multiplayer. I know some of you gotto experience this in the beta, but i didnt know how deep some of these features went and im gonan share it with others who may not know....

Video and Screenshot Sharing/Recording-At the end of every match you get the option to save a full recording of the match. You can switch the camera and angles around during the replay and look at the match from a different perspective. You can also cut out clips and screenshots from the recording.

These recordings and screenshots can be shared/sent to friends, and saved to your hard drive to enjoy. Imagine the possibilities for Machinima and having a small clip of you headshotting your friend to send to him for more ownage. I know personally that i like taking screenshots in world of warcraft when im playing on the pc, so im glad to see the ability to take screenshots in a console game.

This can also give people to the potential to watch how really good players play, where some 'hiding spots' can be, and all other kinds of possibilities. I dont see any other consolegame doing something of this calibur.

Highly Customizable Gametype Sharing- We all know that in Halo 2 you could make your own gametypes, and some people made glassic Gametypes such as 'Zombie' which was really fun and was like a whole different game. Well in halo 3 the customization is even more detailed, and you can send/share the gametypes with friends, cant wait to see what some people manage to cook up.

kcm_117

Sounds like an awesome feature which you can definately NOT DO on PC with just about any game since 10 years ago...:roll:

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wolverine4262
[QUOTE="kcm_117"]

Frunku

Sounds like an awesome feature which you can definately NOT DO on PC with just about any game since 10 years ago...:roll:

Im getting sick of these responses.... Tell me, off the top of your head, what PS3 or Wii games will have this feature with this kind of functionality?
Deadbeatcobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Deadbeatcobra
Member since 2006 • 1913 Posts

awsome dude i wish it was there in halo 2 cuz i got the most extreme headshot.

i was scoping out someone in zanbizar then the moment i pulledthe trigger a warthog just speeds by and i got a headshot of the driver insted of the person i was scoping, the hog just keeps on going intil it crashes into the wall :lol:

i wish i could have recorded that :(

kcm_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kcm_117

people think its just a stupid ltl feature, but few realize its potential... Bungie plans on using it to make level walkthrough and such... It could turn into a youtube type experience..wolverine4262

yeah gamespro is also comparing it to a youtube like experience, suppossedly the interface for all this stuff is suppossed to be really slick and easy to navigate also.....although the pic in gamepro is kinda small, so i cant see much

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wolverine4262

[QUOTE="wolverine4262"]people think its just a stupid ltl feature, but few realize its potential... Bungie plans on using it to make level walkthrough and such... It could turn into a youtube type experience..kcm_117

yeah gamespro is also comparing it to a youtube like experience, suppossedly the interface for all this stuff is suppossed to be really slick and easy to navigate also.....although the pic in gamepro is kinda small, so i cant see much

In the beta, I remeber having alot of fun with it. Eventhough, all you could do was save and send a vid. You couldnt move the cam, pause, or rewind.... I still had fun, though.
kcm_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kcm_117
[QUOTE="kcm_117"]

Frunku

well everyone sure as hell knows that recording with FRAPS on pc lowers the framerate, and then you end up with like a video file that is a couple gigabytes large if you record for a few minutes, then you have to compress it to a manageable form to upload to youtube to show people, or send to someone via an IM.....this is alot easier in halo 3, so dont give me stupid trash replies, also its the first time its being done on consoles

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wolverine4262
[QUOTE="Frunku"][QUOTE="kcm_117"]

kcm_117

well everyone sure as hell knows that recording with FRAPS on pc lowers the framerate, and then you end up with like a video file that is a couple gigabytes large if you record for a few minutes, then you have to compress it to a manageable form to upload to youtube to show people, or send to someone via an IM.....this is alot easier in halo 3, so dont give me stupid trash replies, also its the first time its being done on consoles

EXACTLY!
kcm_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kcm_117
[QUOTE="kcm_117"][QUOTE="Frunku"][QUOTE="kcm_117"]

wolverine4262

EXACTLY!

oh yah and another thing, when you record the .avi file with fraps..its just an AVI, you cant zoom the camera around the entire match and watch it from different perspectives, FRAPS record only what your screen see's at that time.

Frunku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Frunku
Member since 2004 • 1062 Posts
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="kcm_117"][QUOTE="Frunku"][QUOTE="kcm_117"]

kcm_117

EXACTLY!

oh yah and another thing, when you record the .avi file with fraps..its just an AVI, you cant zoom the camera around the entire match and watch it from different perspectives, FRAPS record only what your screen see's at that time.

That's just a replay, you can do it in just about every racing game and in Warcraft 3, which came out what, 5 years ago?

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 wolverine4262

That's just a replay, you can do it in just about every racing game and in Warcraft 3, which came out what, 5 years ago?

Frunku
Are you comparing Halo 3s video save feature or FRAPS?
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

Highly Customizable Gametype Sharing- We all know that in Halo 2 you could make your own gametypes, and some people made glassic Gametypes such as 'Zombie' which was really fun and was like a whole different game. Well in halo 3 the customization is even more detailed, and you can send/share the gametypes with friends, cant wait to see what some people manage to cook up. kcm_117

You are also able to search for Customs in Matchmaking. Making finding and playing them that much easier.

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

That's just a replay, you can do it in just about every racing game and in Warcraft 3, which came out what, 5 years ago?Frunku

Congratulations, here's a cookie.