GTA LC would still smoke consoles

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Pc gamers seem to be getting dumber.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@aroxx_ab: I can live with missing out on a movie game and another Souls like game.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts
@aroxx_ab said:

@thehig1 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@aroxx_ab said:

@thehig1 said:

@aroxx_ab said:

The power of consoles is not just hardware, it is the GAMES... can you play Bloodborne or The Order 1886 on PC? nope

Can you play Bloodbourne or The Order 1886 on a PS4 ? nope

Can i play Ps4 exclusives on a Ps4? what question is that...

I'm gonna go waaaay out on a limb here and assume he's talking about the fact that those games aren't actually out and therefore you're not able to play them on your PS4. Crazy, I know.

This was most likely in response to your comment about "it is the GAMES", when oddly enough you're referring to games that you can't actually play at the moment. Kind of an odd way to defend your platform of preference, especially when you don't even know the quality of said games.

Also a moot point since if it is indeed all about the games, the PC has more than enough of those. Yes, with PC you have the option for much better hardware as well as more games than all consoles combined.

Interesting.

Thanks Conan spot on.

Cows are frustrating saying well can it play Uncharted 4, or the Order 1886, well you cant play either of those games on a Ps4 yet either.

So writing GAMES in caps then mentioning two games that arnt out yet I found amusing

You hermits have hard to understand, you will always miss out exclusives every gen. Bloodborne and The Order 1886 was just example of exclusives one console, release date was not the point.

You mean exclusives like elite: dangerous?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@walloftruth said:

Now come on, that wasn't nice of you, you literally raped him and his shoddy argument.

Yeah bro, raping is what I d..... hmm I better rethink that statement.

@aroxx_ab said:

@thehig1 said:

Thanks Conan spot on.

Cows are frustrating saying well can it play Uncharted 4, or the Order 1886, well you cant play either of those games on a Ps4 yet either.

So writing GAMES in caps then mentioning two games that arnt out yet I found amusing

You hermits have hard to understand, you will always miss out exclusives every gen. Bloodborne and The Order 1886 was just example of exclusives one console, release date was not the point.

Do you not see that this argument not only works both ways, but as a matter of fact it even works against you?

If you don't own all major platforms, then you're going to miss out on some games. Simple as that.

What makes this funny though is that the PC will get far more exclusives than any console. So you're actually the one who is missing out even more.

inb4movinggoalposts

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: Good i own all major platforms then...

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

@ConanTheStoner: Good i own all major platforms then...

Good for your man, I retract my statement about you missing out even more.

This still does absolutely nothing for your argument though.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#57 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

@commander said:

@kitty said:

@mitu123 said:

Not even my GTX 670s run it flawlessly due to s*** optimization...also by maxing did you turn up all the sliders as well?

hmm... my fps literally flipped out when I switched from my phenom to my 4670k.

old specs (you already know those :P) will post them anyways.

phenom II x4 965@4.0

sapphire 7870

8GB ram

game ran like crap, 12- 20 fps, same results with or without iCEnhancer. Even had singel digits at times. Game only used 20 to 25% of my 7870.

When I upgraded to my 4670k. it was like playing a new game, my min fps was 40 and I actually saw 99% gpu usage (of course with the iCEnhancer).

Game still ran over 35 fps @5760x1080 on a single card. I don't think I ever tested it with both of my 7870's. I suppose I could one day. But meh lol. :P

Still haven't even tried with my 970 yet lol.

I really don't get why people say it's so badly optimized, it only cries for a fast quad core and it looks way way better than the console version, it was only a taste of things to come. It'ss not because a game is suddenly more demanding that you can say it's badly optimized especially when you look what's going on in gta IV.

You could say crysis 1 was badly optimized as well then. Crysis warhead did make the engine more performant but still you needed an uber pc to run it.

Lot's of polygons, lot's of aI, lot of physics , lot's of shaders simply ask for a lot of horsepower. A console port that's running in the same quality as the console version but that's needs hardware that's a lot stronger than the console, yeah, that's badly optimized but the difference between gta IV console and gta IV pc is like night and day.

Crysis was definitely badly optimized at launch, and even then today while you can max it performance will vary. Still though what it did was impressive and it does make sense that it required a beefy PC to run it due to being a technical marvel.

GTA IV, like I said, isn't a looker, and isn't the most technically impressive either yet require hardware years in advance to even be playable at high to max settings. The game shouldn't need a quad core with such high ghz to run properly. That's badly optimized. Heck there are areas where my FPS would just drop for no reason!!!

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

Oh god!!! nooooo i don't want to remember the shit fest that was GTA4 pc port.... i hated that port with a passion on my old setup, 20 fps, then all of a sudden 10, then 40 fps...spawning nothing but taxis...god those were horrid times..