GS would be wise to include PC in this year's awards.

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

User Lists: 0

#1 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

Like we all know, PC was pretty much casted aside in last year's awards...I mean GS handed best graphics awards to GoW 3 when metro 2033 clearly looks 1000000 times better than GoW3. a bunch of PC exclusives getting excluded from categories (stalker and amnesia completly missing in the awards) it was pretty much excluded from every place where pc deserved to win.

Now I really hope GS makes a fair contest this year...I dont really care if the consoles cant catch up with the PC graphical quality, I dont want to have any game winning awards as "consolation"

KevinButlerVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 KevinButlerVP
Member since 2010 • 2378 Posts

I think GOW3 deserved it much more imo but I agree PC should get treated fairly

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11821 Posts

It bothers me like hell when good pc games get overshadowed by console games just because of the platform.

Ironbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ironbash
Member since 2011 • 1132 Posts

KevinButlerVP

And can you please explain why that is? Technically metro 2033 blows god of war 3 out of the water

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

KevinButlerVP

GoW3 was certainly a good contender, but Metro 2033 PC by far had the better visuals. I feel like GS is going to shaft PC again and give UC3 best visuals this year instead of BF3 PC (Not console, PC.)

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

Doesn't Gamespot only have one person reviewing PC games? It'll never happen.

The site is too console-focused.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Stalker and Amnesia are good PC exclusives, but doesn't mean they should be picked as GOTY candidates when other games are also as good or better. It should be no surprise, take into account the review scores and 8.5's are not high enough for GOTY rarely do they get nominated; from what we have seen they usually just pick the highest rated. I agree about the graphics though, Warhead lost to MGS4 lol! GOW3 beat Metro lol! let's not rob BF3 on PC.
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

KevinButlerVP

GoW3 did not deserve best graphics over Metro 2033 PC. :|

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

[QUOTE="KevinButlerVP"]

Doolz2024

its all personal preference, maybe it does or maybe it doesn't, who cares
TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts
GOW3 definitely deserved it.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="Doolz2024"]

[QUOTE="KevinButlerVP"]

Chris_Williams

It was technical graphics, which aren't preference. Metro's lighting is jaw-dropping,so were all its other features,yet it wasn't even freakin nominated! They gave it to MGS4 over Crysis Warhead, to UC2 over Cryostasis, and then GoW3 over Metro 2033 and it wasn't even at least nominated.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

KevinButlerVP

Metro 2033 wasn't even nominated in the GS technical graphics category. A GS employee's reasoning for this was that it was too inconsistent graphicaly. Yet they had Mass Effet 2 nominated. Mass Effect 2. A game whose graphics quality ranges from slightly above average to just plain sad.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lightleggy
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]Stalker and Amnesia are good PC exclusives, but doesn't mean they should be picked as GOTY candidates when other games are also as good or better. It should be no surprise, take into account the review scores and 8.5's are not high enough for GOTY rarely do they get nominated; from what we have seen they usually just pick the highest rated. I agree about the graphics though, Warhead lost to MGS4 lol! GOW3 beat Metro lol! let's not rob BF3 on PC.

never said GOTY, stalker and amnesia should have definitly being nominated for best atmosphere (And one of the two should have won) and none of the 2 got nominated.
EvanTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 EvanTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 1550 Posts

What is comig out for PC that is note worthy?

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lightleggy

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"][QUOTE="Doolz2024"]GoW3 did not deserve best graphics over Metro 2033 PC. :|

ChubbyGuy40

It was technical graphics, which aren't preference. Metro's lighting is jaw-dropping,so were all its other features,yet it wasn't even freakin nominated! They gave it to MGS4 over Crysis Warhead, to UC2 over Cryostasis, and then GoW3 over Metro 2033 and it wasn't even at least nominated.

you know GS gave the busted technical graphics to cryostasis, and I agree, game is not impressive at all
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]Stalker and Amnesia are good PC exclusives, but doesn't mean they should be picked as GOTY candidates when other games are also as good or better. It should be no surprise, take into account the review scores and 8.5's are not high enough for GOTY rarely do they get nominated; from what we have seen they usually just pick the highest rated. I agree about the graphics though, Warhead lost to MGS4 lol! GOW3 beat Metro lol! let's not rob BF3 on PC.lightleggy
never said GOTY, stalker and amnesia should have definitly being nominated for best atmosphere (And one of the two should have won) and none of the 2 got nominated.

Nope. Boring brown dirt and dust, a lot of brown dirt and dust, is apparently a lot more interesting than a fantasy nuclear-fallout atmosphere or a game tha depends entirely on it's atmosphere for horror.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lightleggy

EvanTheGamer
the witcher 2...contendant for best graphics, best rpg and game of the year.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]Stalker and Amnesia are good PC exclusives, but doesn't mean they should be picked as GOTY candidates when other games are also as good or better. It should be no surprise, take into account the review scores and 8.5's are not high enough for GOTY rarely do they get nominated; from what we have seen they usually just pick the highest rated. I agree about the graphics though, Warhead lost to MGS4 lol! GOW3 beat Metro lol! let's not rob BF3 on PC.ChubbyGuy40

Nope. Boring brown dirt and dust, a lot of brown dirt and dust, is apparently a lot more interesting than a fantasy nuclear-fallout atmosphere or a game tha depends entirely on it's atmosphere for horror.

I forgot...which game won best atmosphere last year? :P
NIkoscho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NIkoscho
Member since 2007 • 459 Posts

First Metro 2033 graphics have only good enviroment.The graphics are not only enviroment Metro 2033 characters detailts sucks and animations was awful.The technical graphics combine animations,character details , enviroment details ,cutscene details and more.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ChubbyGuy40

you know GS gave the busted technical graphics to cryostasis, and I agree, game is not impressive at alllightleggy

Was I the only one who plays with PhysX (Even though it completely cripples my system.)? The only thing bad about them was that single frost-flake they liked to paste everywhere for no reason.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

EvanTheGamer

Shogun 2, Witcher 2 both got AAA scores. Battlefield 3 is coming out with an obviously superior version on PC. BF3, Crysis 2 DX11, Witcher 2, SHogun 2 are all graphical powerhouses. Red Orchestra 2 looks to be very promising as well.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ChubbyGuy40

I forgot...which game won best atmosphere last year? :Plightleggy

The same game I just described, RDR.

ABCarmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ABCarmine
Member since 2011 • 1937 Posts
They'll probably give it to UC3. Wouldn't be surprised Metro 2033>GOW3 graphics Any day........
Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
Meh, SC2 won best Competitive last year, that made me happy. Over BC2, Black Ops, Halo Reach and that one DL game.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#25 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49606 Posts
Don't pay much mind to the yearly awards I'd say, especially the graphics award. Gamespot hasn't been able to get that one right in about four years.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

yeah i think its strange too.

pc gets snubbed everywhere else on the site but they have these weird rules in sw to make sure pc guys feel included.

i have always compared bragging about pc in sw to showing up at a bicycle site and talking about how great your 120hp motorcycle is.

i want those guys to feel included too and share in the stupidity but pc just crushes consoles so much that sometimes it seems a bit arbitrary to try and either dumb down pc enough or venerate console stuff so that the two can come close enough for it to look like an actual competition.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

[QUOTE="Doolz2024"]

[QUOTE="KevinButlerVP"]

Chris_Williams

Artistic design might be personal preference... but how is technical graphical superiority not objective?

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

I think its a safe bet for the PC this year, there is a lot of good looking games on it coming out. The witcher 2 already looks fantastic, and so does Crysis 2 with DX11. And there is still BF3 coming out later this year. Gears 3 and UC3 will probably be the best the consoles have to offer this year. Well for graphics awards anyways.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#29 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49606 Posts

I think its a safe bet for the PC this year, there is a lot of good looking games on it coming out. The witcher 2 already looks fantastic, and so does Crysis 2 with DX11. And there is still BF3 coming out later this year. Gears 3 and UC3 will probably be the best the consoles have to offer this year. Well for graphics awards anyways.

GTSaiyanjin2
Never is ever a safe bet with more console leaning websites; I thought it was a clear obvious safe bet that God of War 3 (or any console game for that matter) isn't even close to touching Metro 2033; but that assumption was proven wrong--badly wrong when it wasn't even nominated. That's just pathetic.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lightleggy

First Metro 2033 graphics have only good enviroment.The graphics are not only enviroment Metro 2033 characters detailts sucks and animations was awful.The technical graphics combine animations,character details , enviroment details ,cutscene details and more.

NIkoscho
what? characters models are great, animations are great too, postprocessing is awesome, physics are awesome, textures are awesome, the game's graphics are awesome and you seem to know nothing about what you are saying
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lightleggy

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"][QUOTE="Doolz2024"]GoW3 did not deserve best graphics over Metro 2033 PC. :|

Kinthalis

Artistic design might be personal preference... but how is technical graphical superiority not objective?

because of a technical aspect. its like saying "I personally believe a honda is faster than a mcclaren" you may believe it, but its nowhere near to be true.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ChubbyGuy40

what? characters models are great, animations are great too, postprocessing is awesome, physics are awesome, textures are awesome, the game's graphics are awesome and you seem to know nothing about what you are sayinglightleggy

Dat lighting...mmmm. It's among the most impressive I've ever seen.

sethman410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sethman410
Member since 2008 • 2967 Posts
Gow3 probably won "technically".
lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lordreaven
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts

Lets give GS another chance guys, I mean it's not like they gave the Sim 3 Strategy game of the year......................oh wait.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Chris_Williams

Kinthalis

its graphics award not techincal award, anyway i think anyone who takes these award things seriously needs to turn off the machine and go outside for a hour or something. it ain't that big of a deal.
drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#36 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

ChubbyGuy40

Cryostasis was horribly optimized. It shouldn't have won over UC2. Metro 2033 had optimization issues as well.

It's not always about being the best looking game.

EvanTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 EvanTheGamer

[QUOTE="EvanTheGamer"]

ferret-gamer

Shogun 2, Witcher 2 both got AAA scores. Battlefield 3 is coming out with an obviously superior version on PC. BF3, Crysis 2 DX11, Witcher 2, SHogun 2 are all graphical powerhouses. Red Orchestra 2 looks to be very promising as well.

Maybe if PC Gaming wasn't about the graphics those games would get mentioned as GOTY contenders...

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lightleggy

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]

[QUOTE="EvanTheGamer"]

EvanTheGamer

Maybe if PC Gaming wasn't about the graphics those games would get mentioned as GOTY contenders...

Im not sure if I get your point.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]

[QUOTE="EvanTheGamer"]

EvanTheGamer

What does graphics have to do with these games? Have you played these games? They both have incredible graphics, yet they both scored at least a 9 at most sites.
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts
I think, for graphics, they should separate the platforms, say ps3*/360*/pc/wii kings for each separately, *maybe 360 and ps3 can be together 'cause of their being so close in terms of power.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ChubbyGuy40

Cryostasis was horribly optimized. It shouldn't have won over UC2. Metro 2033 had optimization issues as well.

It's not always about being the best looking game.

drinkerofjuice

But it's labeled technical graphics. Pretty sure it doesn't rate awardsbased off performance. The game's rating is based off that. Metro 2033 only had optimization issues with DX11 and Advanced DoF, as well as PhysX doing almost nothing.

Technical graphics, which Metro stomped all over the competition in.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
[QUOTE="Doolz2024"]

[QUOTE="KevinButlerVP"]

Chris_Williams

GameSpot should care. If they're gonna hand out awards like this, they need to at least get it right.
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
PC doesnt deserve to win graphics categories because not everyone can play at those high settings and what was done on consoles is done with limited hardware which is far more impressive than better graphics. Cant remember what site goes off of those rules. May be IGN, may be GS.
ducati101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ducati101
Member since 2004 • 1741 Posts
PC has higher standars, nuff said. Gamespot has said this, Kevin V has said this :)
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ChubbyGuy40

PC doesnt deserve to win graphics categories because not everyone can play at those high settings and what was done on consoles is done with limited hardware which is far more impressive than better graphics. Cant remember what site goes off of those rules. May be IGN, may be GS. Iantheone

So why did Crysis win in 2007 when most couldn't play it at high settings?

And no it's not. It's really not that impressive. The art is great, and thats why they look current and thats how Nintendo makes SMG stand up with HD-twin's visuals.

And that sounds like GameTrailers :P

EvanTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 EvanTheGamer

[QUOTE="EvanTheGamer"]

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"] Shogun 2, Witcher 2 both got AAA scores. Battlefield 3 is coming out with an obviously superior version on PC. BF3, Crysis 2 DX11, Witcher 2, SHogun 2 are all graphical powerhouses. Red Orchestra 2 looks to be very promising as well.

lightleggy

Like Metro 2033 PC, hi rez but riddled with techinical issues.

EvanTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 EvanTheGamer

PC has higher standars, nuff said. Gamespot has said this, Kevin V has said this :)ducati101

Just the usual excuse to make mad pc gamers happy..

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

I enjoyed Metro 2033 graphically wise. It looked amazing, some of the best realistic type graphics I've seen. From a "holy sh*t" standpoint, GOW3 stood out more to me.

That being said, maybe PC could be included more, but I don't think it was ever completely omitted. Honestly, there's just alot of good looking games out there and quality games.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Chris_Williams

Doolz2024

GameSpot should care. If they're gonna hand out awards like this, they need to at least get it right.

so because you don't agree with them their wrong?... yeah like i said, who cares

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="EvanTheGamer"]

EvanTheGamer

Like Metro 2033 PC, hi rez but riddled with techinical issues.

But still completely playable and enjoyable.

If console gaming wasn't all about big hollywood moments, scripted sequences, and talking about how you did some dude's mom over VOIP, then maybe it'd actually been seen as serious competitive gaming platforms. I can do this too.