GS Biggest Flop of the year 2013 ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

considering 360 had only 1 exclusive this year (GoW) (lol), it got the lowest rating in the series.

it's pretty safe to say Sony won this year

number of Xbox exclusives this year : 4? (Maybe 5)

number of Sony exclusives this year : 20+

Larger number = higher number of fails

better luck next year M$

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@fishsticklover said:

@Bruin1986 said:

@fishsticklover said:

@lostrib said:

@fishsticklover said:

@danabo said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@Stringerboy said:

@WadeFan said:

Ryse. All I was hearing was how it was going to be GOTY. TLOU wasn't to me because all GS did was rate it low for shock value.

Strange, I don't recall one person saying that.

No one did but cows need to make it up because of how badly TLoU flopped

Yep, it was definitely TLoU, followed by KZ:SF.

Fun times.

Indeed. Lems were all like bububu Metacritic doesn't count LOL they were in full damage control mode.

Now that their butthurt is not hurting as much anymore they slowly have started using Metacritic again

in terms of flops on GS/SW, metacritic doesn't count

They do to me, and many others. Now what?

That's great.

You can think the Earth is flat and that the sun is made out of ice cream too, if it makes you happy.

Doesn't change the fact that, as someone who has read through System Wars for over a decade now, GS scores are the official method of comparing games and declaring "flops".

Anyone who doesn't abide by this rule doesn't belong on System Wars because this place is only funny if the participants at least abide by that rule. Well, watching uncomfortable fanboys try to change the rules when it benefits them is also funny to watch...so go ahead I guess!

Great story, really, but I will still use Metacritic to determain what games are flops and what games aren't.

Congratulations, no one is saying you can't use Metacritic to determine if you personally consider a game a flop or not.

A game officially flopping on System Wars is different, and not subject to your, or anyone else's, personal opinion or rating criteria.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#103 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts

Luigi's Dark Moon was a travesty! But yeah TLOU easily...

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#105 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

The Last of Us easily but it could have been more epic.

The Xbone and PS4 releasing nearly together also caused some great drama, but everyone knew that both libraries would suck.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

@princessgomez92 said:

@NoirLamia777 said:

@princessgomez92: Oh my lord your sig, I know you've probably been asked this a lot but who is she?

Also agreed with The Last of Us, although I loved that game and personally give it a 9.5/10 going by Gamespot's rules and the amount of hype it received it was a major flop.

Lol, it's Sara Underwood.

awwww yaaa! Thanks ;)

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#107 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44572 Posts

If any one game was a true disappointment it was Aliens: Colonial Marines, I actually saw Randy Pitchford at PAX play a live action demo before me and a small audience and it was nothing like what was the end product, and I had been looking forward to this game since it was first announced in early 2008. He assured us then that it was coming out and that the team was devoted to making not just another game licensing of the Aliens name but a genuine sequel to the films and would every bit be an extension to the universe as the movies were. Boy was it anything but, 5 years after it was announced in Game Informer the end product was trash and nothing like what I saw. I felt Randy Pitchford betrayed people looking forward to this, punting the product off to some no-name because they were too busy making other games with the money Sega gave them and getting paid off of it.

Anyhow, despite that, Last of Us getting an 8 really made some people sore, but GTA V getting a 9 was worse. Those are good scores in my view, if any team got cheated on a review it was probably the review of Luigi's Mansion.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#108 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@WadeFan said:

Ryse. All I was hearing was how it was going to be GOTY. TLOU wasn't to me because all GS did was rate it low for shock value.

Only on a video game forum could anyone, possibly, under ANY circumstance, call 8/10 "rated low for shock value". You sir, are a fucking idiot, plain and simple.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 the_bi99man

@Bruin1986 said:

@fishsticklover said:

@Bruin1986 said:

@fishsticklover said:

@lostrib said:

in terms of flops on GS/SW, metacritic doesn't count

They do to me, and many others. Now what?

That's great.

You can think the Earth is flat and that the sun is made out of ice cream too, if it makes you happy.

Doesn't change the fact that, as someone who has read through System Wars for over a decade now, GS scores are the official method of comparing games and declaring "flops".

Anyone who doesn't abide by this rule doesn't belong on System Wars because this place is only funny if the participants at least abide by that rule. Well, watching uncomfortable fanboys try to change the rules when it benefits them is also funny to watch...so go ahead I guess!

Great story, really, but I will still use Metacritic to determain what games are flops and what games aren't.

Congratulations, no one is saying you can't use Metacritic to determine if you personally consider a game a flop or not.

A game officially flopping on System Wars is different, and not subject to your, or anyone else's, personal opinion or rating criteria.

Thank you. Why is this concept so fucking difficult to grasp for some people? Oh right, they're fanboys. It's to be expected that they will say and do literally anything to save virtual face on an anonymous online forum.

Kiro0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Kiro0
Member since 2009 • 1176 Posts

Like everyone's been saying, The Last of Us. Not a score I even remotely agree with, but I don't really pay much attention to the 'meta game' or whatever here anyways.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Flop of the year? The Xbone of course.

Ryse gets an honourable mention. Four years in development, multiple restarts, pushed by MS as a the hot new next-gen transmedia IP, got ripped apart by critics and players and sales-wise performed the worst of all next-gen launch exclusives.

LMAO @ this lem revisionism. All I ever heard about for months from lem scum was about the "awesome launch lineup." What did you get? A bunch of mediocre 360 ports, Ryse, Lococycle, Crimson Dragon and Fighter Within.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#112 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

any game mcshea reviewed that had a gun and involved using it to kill people

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#113 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Ryse gets an honourable mention. Four years in development, multiple restarts, pushed by MS as a the hot new next-gen transmedia IP, got ripped apart by critics and players and sales-wise performed the worst of all next-gen launch exclusives.

LMAO @ this lem revisionism. All I ever heard about for months from lem scum was about the "awesome launch lineup." What did you get? A bunch of mediocre 360 ports, Ryse, Lococycle, Crimson Dragon and Fighter Within.

I do not remember Ryse having a hype thread. The Xbone is a great console too. It has some issues, just like the Wiiu has issues, as well as PS4. If you go into Ryse expecting something amazing you will be let down. It is a repetitive game, but I am having a good enough time with it. Besides, Xbone has Dead Rising 3 which is the best launch game of the 2 systems imo.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

FM5 9/10

Nobody hyped Ryse for it's gameplay, and it still flopped - on the same note, the Xbox One itself didn't have much hype until the PS4 started looking more and more basic.

TLoU and KZ:SF flopped hard.

KZ:SF flopped this hard...

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I loved TLOU from start to finish but I must admit it, I was a little surprised by the score haha. That game was hyped BIG TIME and I was easily expecting it to receive at least a 9/10 if not more by what I was seeing and hearing. As for next-gen I think DR3, Knack, KZSF and Ryse deserve a mention.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#117 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@WadeFan said:

I want to see 3 different user's quoted that said Ryse would be GOTY. Back that statement up. Read the Hype thread. Nobody said anything like that

I tried to see who quoted me and SURPRISE!! It was deleted!! Because its untrue! Some crazy lems said:"its the shit" but nobody thought it was GOTY after GTA5. Come on people?

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

lol, Flopza 5 barely a point over GT6. What happened, lems? Where did it all go wrong?

"Bu bu but muh photomode!" "Bu bu but muh drivertards!" "Bu bu but muh locked 60fps!" ""Bu bu but muh next gen!"

The Xbone still doesn't have any hype either. Low demand worldwide. Flop of the year. Thankfully the Xbox brand will be dead in a year so we won't have to put up with their malignancy much longer.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#120 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

Ryse got a 4 LOL

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#121 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@blamix99 said:

Ryse got a 4 LOL

You're 14 LOL

@JustSignedUp said:

all of u noobs are wrong. Diablo 1 and 2 made a reputation for being games you could play for YEARS. Diablo 3 turned out to be the biggest piece of shit on this planet. How do they go from masterpiece to complete noob shit?

It's not the same Blizzard that made those games? I know mind blowing.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 cainetao11

@GrenadeLauncher said:

lol, Flopza 5 barely a point over GT6. What happened, lems? Where did it all go wrong?

"Bu bu but muh photomode!" "Bu bu but muh drivertards!" "Bu bu but muh locked 60fps!" ""Bu bu but muh next gen!"

The Xbone still doesn't have any hype either. Low demand worldwide. Flop of the year. Thankfully the Xbox brand will be dead in a year so we won't have to put up with their malignancy much longer.

Is this for real? Is it over GT or not? Then stop. That's like blaming the Ravens for winning the superbowl for less than 7 points. Did they win? Forza 5 didn't flop. Unless you're a butthurt Fanboy that will bring up a site's score (MC) to alleviate the sore butt syndrome

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 GrenadeLauncher

@danabo said:

Why are the lems behaving like mongs? Are they incapable of graceful movement?

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@cainetao11 said:

Is this for real? Is it over GT or not? Then stop. That's like blaming the Ravens for winning the superbowl for less than 7 points. Did they win? Forza 5 didn't flop. Unless you're a butthurt Fanboy that will bring up a site's score (MC) to alleviate the sore butt syndrome

Yeah, let's be honest. It was a total stinker.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 cainetao11

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@danabo said:

Why are cows incapable of admitting the truth that they flooded the forum after TLOU flopped, like sheep did when Zelda TP did? It was the least expected, biggest flop of the year. Deal with it.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

Lal. Is this how lems deal with the failure of the Xbone, its crap launch games and its nearly non-existent 2014 games lineup?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 cainetao11

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@cainetao11 said:

Yeah, let's be honest. It was a total stinker.

I am. We are at Gamespot , System Wars. Where u at? Forza 5 is AAA. You wanna play games, we can all go to off site BS to play games. Its been going on for years here.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#128 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

this is the biggest flop

Fighter Within lololol very much

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#129 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@WadeFan said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@WadeFan said:

LOL no one ever seriously said that. Ever.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/microsoft-ryse-son-of-rome-will-be-in-native-1080p-29449034/

You were saying....

That no one ever seriously said that, ever. Read the thread and what I said stands 100%. If you mean sticking "TCHBO GOTY" in a thread title to get people into the thread I'm sure you can find much more ridiculous examples.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@WadeFan said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@WadeFan said:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/microsoft-ryse-son-of-rome-will-be-in-native-1080p-29449034/

You were saying....

That no one ever seriously said that, ever. Read the thread and what I said stands 100%. If you mean sticking "TCHBO GOTY" in a thread title to get people into the thread I'm sure you can find much more ridiculous examples.

Ok, so let's see here.

Me: Ryse, because people were actually saying it's GOTY

You: Not true, No one was seriously saying that.

Me: Ok, here's proof.

You: Oh...that makes me look bad, so it doesn't count.

Face it, I gave an example to back up my claims. Not my fault if you decide that's not good enough. I did my part and backed up my post with an example.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 applefan1991  Moderator

@the_bi99man said:

@WadeFan said:

Only on a video game forum could anyone, possibly, under ANY circumstance, call 8/10 "rated low for shock value". You sir, are a fucking idiot, plain and simple.

Nice personal attack. That's usually the response someone gives when they can't say anything else. And yes, when it is averaging via Metacritic a 9.5, and they give it an 8 for no good reason, that's for shock value.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

For me its Ryse.

No other game has scared me away from it after a review like the one it received.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#133 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

TLOU by miles.

Some cows still have tender anuses over that.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By the_bi99man

@WadeFan said:

@the_bi99man said:

@WadeFan said:

Nice personal attack. That's usually the response someone gives when they can't say anything else. And yes, when it is averaging via Metacritic a 9.5, and they give it an 8 for no good reason, that's for shock value.

Once again. You are calling EIGHT OUT OF FUCKING TEN (a score which, by the way, carries the tag, 'Great') "rated low for shock value". GS didn't try to troll the world by giving TLOU some terrible score. The reviewer gave it a score which reflected how good he thought the game was. And how good he thought the game was happened to be along the lines of "extremely good, but not a shoe-in for greatest achievement in the history of interactive media". Just because you're a fanboy and you think that anything less than "OMG THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER MADE NAUGHTY GODS ARE GODS!!!!!!!111111ZOMG" is some kind of punch in the collective dick of the playstation fanbase, doesn't mean that 8/10 is a bad score. It is, in fact, a GREAT score, by its very definition.

Also, did you ever stop and realize that GS reviewed the game BEFORE metacritic was able to make an aggregate average? You're talking like the game had a 9.5 average on meta, THEN the guys at GS saw that, and were like "you know what would make WadeFan rage? If we score this an 8". No. That's not how it works. GS reviewed the game, and assigned the score, without having the slightest clue what the rest of the gaming journalism industry would say about it. It just so happens that when all was said and done, their score was on the low side of the average. And now you're acting like they planned that, just to **** with people.

Now pull your head out of your ass, and realize that the whole world isn't out to troll you.

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#135 betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

XFlop One

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@WadeFan said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@WadeFan said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@WadeFan said:

You were saying....

Ok, so let's see here.

Face it, I gave an example to back up my claims. Not my fault if you decide that's not good enough. I did my part and backed up my post with an example.

lol if you think that he was seriously suggesting it would be GOTY for no reason other than it would be in native 1080 I don't think there's any point carrying on a debate with you as your ability to think logically is rather lacking, but hey if you think won a point instead of looking foolish carry on SW warrior.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#137  Edited By Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

Ryse. Big Xbox One launch title that got a 4/10. That's a Lair kinda flop.

argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 argetlam00
Member since 2006 • 6573 Posts

TLOU was possibly the best game this entire generation so the fact gamespot gave it an 8/10 is a flop and a joke itself.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#139 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Ryse., who saw that coming???

pretty much everybody...

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts

Is this really a question, The Last of Us.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#141 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@the_bi99man said:

@WadeFan said:

@the_bi99man said:

@WadeFan said:

Once again. You are calling EIGHT OUT OF FUCKING TEN (a score which, by the way, carries the tag, 'Great') "rated low for shock value". GS didn't try to troll the world by giving TLOU some terrible score. The reviewer gave it a score which reflected how good he thought the game was. And how good he thought the game was happened to be along the lines of "extremely good, but not a shoe-in for greatest achievement in the history of interactive media". Just because you're a fanboy and you think that anything less than "OMG THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER MADE NAUGHTY GODS ARE GODS!!!!!!!111111ZOMG" is some kind of punch in the collective dick of the playstation fanbase, doesn't mean that 8/10 is a bad score. It is, in fact, a GREAT score, by its very definition.

Also, did you ever stop and realize that GS reviewed the game BEFORE metacritic was able to make an aggregate average? You're talking like the game had a 9.5 average on meta, THEN the guys at GS saw that, and were like "you know what would make WadeFan rage? If we score this an 8". No. That's not how it works. GS reviewed the game, and assigned the score, without having the slightest clue what the rest of the gaming journalism industry would say about it. It just so happens that when all was said and done, their score was on the low side of the average. And now you're acting like they planned that, just to **** with people.

Now pull your head out of your ass, and realize that the whole world isn't out to troll you.

lol. WadeFan got sonned.

Zoso813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Zoso813
Member since 2013 • 310 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@danabo said:

I still don't understand why master chief is in that gif. Shouldn't it be soldiers from Call of Duty? After all, CoD killed Halo.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

@Zoso813 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@danabo said:

I still don't understand why master chief is in that gif. Shouldn't it be soldiers from Call of Duty? After all, CoD killed Halo.

Having an Xbox logo or a game case for a head is perfectly fine though.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

TLOU was the biggest flop in here. But i'm playing through the game right now.... very fantastic i must say. With all the disappointments this year it has won me over. Ellie and Joel have become 2 of my favorite fictional characters. joining Vin from Mistborn.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#145  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13666 Posts

The Last of Us probably. But for me it's Arkham Origins. What a POS.

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 withe1982
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

Ryse or TLOU for me.

Only difference is that Lems didn't have the guts to create a hype thread so played it safe really. Would have been a massive flop if that were the case.

TLOU review is still the biggest pile of shit here on Gamespot. Made Tom McShea into a hero for Lems and a complete tool to all cows.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 applefan1991  Moderator

@GreySeal9 said:

@the_bi99man said:

@WadeFan said:

@the_bi99man said:

@WadeFan said:

lol. WadeFan got sonned.

Haha sure. There's a reason why games get McShea'd. It's not secret that they rate games lower or higher on purpose for clicks. It's nothing but link bait. I mean it's understandable since they rely on ads to survive, but to ignore it, well, I mean apparently I'm the "idiot"They have done this in the past with numerous games on numerous systems, not just TLOU. But think what ya want Lems.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By applefan1991  Moderator

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@WadeFan said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@WadeFan said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@WadeFan said:

You were saying....

Ok, so let's see here.

lol if you think that he was seriously suggesting it would be GOTY for no reason other than it would be in native 1080 I don't think there's any point carrying on a debate with you as your ability to think logically is rather lacking, but hey if you think won a point instead of looking foolish carry on SW warrior.

Again, this isn't difficult. You asked for evidence and proof of someone calling it GOTY, I give you that and you don't like that I had an example. If you want to try and twist the TC's words in that thread to mean something else, but all means go ahead, but either way, I gave you proof and you don't like it. So yeah, I'll take that point. Now go along and run away before you try and twist someone else's words around.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@WadeFan: No I asked for a serious example.

If you read his post and not just the title you would have realised that, but I'm sure that's a little above your comprehension pay grade!

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 applefan1991  Moderator

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@WadeFan: No I asked for a serious example.

If you read his post and not just the title you would have realised that, but I'm sure that's a little above your comprehension pay grade!

Haha, oh so now it wasn't a serious post. Ok, keep going, you're getting good at this. Twist his words around and now say it isn't serious. I like you, you make me laugh.