Gravity Rush 2 releases December 2nd, new trailer looks HYPE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#1 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Swag, another game I'm down for this year.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Looks promising. I'm not entirely sure how great it will be but I loved the gravity control and movement from the first game so I'm picking this up most likely.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

What little gameplay they showed, still looks way too much like more of the first game, and the first game's gameplay is basura.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

cool, need to play the first, which I got on PS4 on disc but haven't played yet

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#6 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I mean, it looks beautiful, but the first game was really bad, and I don't want to fall for a pretty looking game again just because the artstyle is appealing.

I'll wait for the reviews to be out for this game, but I'm keeping my eye on it now.

Jagoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By Jagoff
Member since 2016 • 515 Posts

It looks like a flashier version of the original, which fucking sucked. Until they find a way to not make the shift mechanic play like garbage, it'll be a failure right off the bat.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

Look awesome, thanks Sony.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

What little gameplay they showed, still looks way too much like more of the first game, and the first game's gameplay is basura.

@charizard1605 said:

I mean, it looks beautiful, but the first game was really bad, and I don't want to fall for a pretty looking game again just because the artstyle is appealing.

I'll wait for the reviews to be out for this game, but I'm keeping my eye on it now.

@jagoff said:

It looks like a flashier version of the original, which fucking sucked. Until they find a way to not make the shift mechanic play like garbage, it'll be a failure right off the bat.

Y'all suck, you know that? >.> How does it feel to live a life full of wrong opinions, brahs?

------

Hyped. First one was pretty fun. The gravity controls took a bit of getting used to, but worked really well I feel. Hopefully they'll be more fined tuned and the enemy variety will provide better challenges. That was the biggest flaw I think, not sure if by fault of the hardware (Vita) or the devs, little enemy variety.

They kinda fell into that "harder = more enemies" trap, which doesn't always work all that well. In any case, I had fun with the first one regardless. Story was hit or miss, but the parts about Kat were fairly fun.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@Blabadon: I thought you already own the Vita game?

But anyways, since I'm not getting a Vita at all, this will be my pick up later on and I also enjoy the first Gravity Daze game as well.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Blabadon

@davillain-: The Vita game being?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jg4xchamp

@Desmonic said:

Y'all suck, you know that? >.> How does it feel to live a life full of wrong opinions, brahs?

------

No fam, that gameplay sucked monkey nuts. I'm not exactly excited for another 7-8 hours of homing kick the video game. Bobby and them made it sound like it was this neato platformer, what I got instead was this really shitty beat-em up. Outside of the music and Kat being chill, the gameplay is subpar.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Desmonic  Moderator

@jg4xchamp: I do agree that it was repetitive (again, not sure if due to hardware or pure design choices, we shall see with this one) but at it's core I found it pretty fun.

That thing that could have made it awful, the camera, worked really well. I remember pulling some fun combos later on, what with running around the place and actively trying to outmaneuver enemies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Desmonic: Eh, champ has more or less covered it for me, but the gameplay was pretty subpar for a game that otherwise had so much going for it. The controls sucked, the camera sucked, the combat sucked, the structure was repetitive. Idk, I gave it two separate tries, never got into it. The shitty part is, I wanted to get into it, because its music, graphics, and setting are all up my alley.

We'll see if the second one is any better, but I'm not holding my breath. Hope I'm proven wrong this time though.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Desmonic  Moderator

@charizard1605 said:

@Desmonic: Eh, champ has more or less covered it for me, but the gameplay was pretty subpar for a game that otherwise had so much going for it. The controls sucked, the camera sucked, the combat sucked, the structure was repetitive. Idk, I gave it two separate tries, never got into it. The shitty part is, I wanted to get into it, because its music, graphics, and setting are all up my alley.

We'll see if the second one is any better, but I'm not holding my breath. Hope I'm proven wrong this time though.

You deserve that Waluigi combo bro >.>

But yeah, if you're on the fence just wait for reviews and more gameplay. Usually it's what I do myself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Desmonic: I like the Waluigi combo, I could have gotten rid of it on July 2, but I kept it.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jg4xchamp

@Desmonic said:

@jg4xchamp: I do agree that it was repetitive (again, not sure if due to hardware or pure design choices, we shall see with this one) but at it's core I found it pretty fun.

That thing that could have made it awful, the camera, worked really well. I remember pulling some fun combos later on, what with running around the place and actively trying to outmaneuver enemies.

The structural repetition is whatever, that's beat-em ups in a nut shell. The lack of enemy variety, how simplistic and unsatisfying the combat feels and is, to the boss designs, to the enemy designs themselves, to basic scenario designs (the few platforming stretches it has are supremely boring) are just fucking sloppy. Bobby described the vita controls to me, and I was like yeah glad I played it on a PS4, but the rest is just shit game design.

Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword is a gimped version of Ninja Gaiden, but it still had fundamentally core good gameplay ideas for a beat-em up, even while restricted to the DS. Gravity Rush is just typical SCEJ shit without Ueda, really cool concepts, but the playing it part? Lousy.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Blabadon

@jg4xchamp: I did no such thing

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

Game looks amazing, I'll defiantly pick up this game at sometime, I wasn't even interested in the first game.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

Sony is awesome they make so many exclusives like this.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

First game was amazing! Can't wait for this!

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3024 Posts

Loved the first game. Will pick this up day 1

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

I wish I knew what the **** was going on in that trailer.

This is a bad way to do a trailer. It explain nothing, and just shows random crap while listing to generic lame action music over female grunts and moans.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2458 Posts

I need that CE Sony.

Anyway the first game had some really badly designed missions and the controls and overall feel of some of the stuff in the game felt archaic and not well thought out. It probably sounded great on paper but when the execution came, they had problems realising their vision perhaps. Though once you master it and learn to adapt to it and deal with these issues and not let them stand in the way of you trying to enjoy it, you will be rewarded with great art, music, fun gameplay that requires precise control and patience. When everything comes together, despite the flaws it feels great and you just fall in love with it.

I also agree it's repetitive in its mission structure and it seems like the main missions some of them were an after thought. It felt lazy in places. The second game will hopefully look at these above mentioned annoyances and adress them so that more people can enjoy such games. I loved GR on vita and I still love it on PS4.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

i hope they have improved the combat but, going by the vid at least, its not looking good.

i got quite far into gravity rush and quite enjoyed it. didnt like the combat but there wasnt a huge amount. then in the last 3rd or so (and the DLC) they just went nuts with the combat and it became a real drag.

a bit like crackdown, i just preferred to fly around and collect the shiny upgrade thingies towards the end.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

Looks exactly like the first if that's the case I doubt it will be worth talking about

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

Something about the music in that trailer reminded me of Cowboy Beebop. It got me thinking how bad ass a CB game could be on today's consoles.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#28 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

I found it fun but there needs to be a better camera, I frking hated aiming with it.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

Awesome

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

No, it isn't.

/The end.

rollermint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rollermint
Member since 2010 • 632 Posts

@kend0_kap0ni said:

I wish I knew what the **** was going on in that trailer.

This is a bad way to do a trailer. It explain nothing, and just shows random crap while listing to generic lame action music over female grunts and moans.

LIkewise, I want to be interested but I have no idea what the game is about or how it even look like!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Looks awesome, will keep my eye on it. Never played 1st game.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 670 Posts

I enjoyed the first game - the second best game on the Vita as far as I am concerned.

A touch one-dimensional and the combat repetitive although you could say that for pretty much every FPS that has been released.

Controlling gravity was difficult as first but once you mastered that the game was fun. I am interested to see how the extra horsepower will be used to improve the game.

First day for me.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

The **** did I just see?

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Reminds me of Rodea the Sky Soldier. But without the superior pointer controls.