Gran Turismo 5 Facts...(UPDATED)

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#51 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

Yeah, im sure its a fact you think GT5 >>> Forza3. Not so much about the actual quality of both games using the previous ones as example.

Rudy25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Rudy25
Member since 2003 • 2001 Posts

I went to Best Buy one morning to buy Street Fighter IV.On the shelf of returned open items for 50% half off marked price was the new GT Force Steering Wheel. I had to check my Iphone twice to make sure it was the top of the line model. I got it for 50 dollars!!!!I Walked out of Best Buy like I stole something :P

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
I find it weird that everyone is flipping out over Nascar when Forza 2 had Nascar tracks from the very beginning. :?
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

I find it weird that everyone is flipping out over Nascar when Forza 2 had Nascar tracks from the very beginning. :?Ninja-Hippo

It had rally cars as well but that doesn't mean that you could go to a WRC event.

Camer999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Camer999
Member since 2009 • 1729 Posts

It's been said multiple times GT5 isn't 1080p it is 1280*1024 (natively) then upscaled.

Pelon208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Pelon208
Member since 2005 • 3375 Posts

GT5P used all the features of the G25 including the clutch, so yes I'm sure that GT5 will have all G25 functions

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

GT5P used all the features of the G25 including the clutch, so yes I'm sure that GT5 will have all G25 functions

Pelon208
Yeah, that would be pretty lame if they stripped those features, lol.
Pelon208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Pelon208
Member since 2005 • 3375 Posts

[QUOTE="Pelon208"]

Rikusaki

Yeah, that would be pretty lame if they stripped those features, lol.

Lol i know, lame and stupid. But have you noted that non nissan car works with the clutch on GT5P. I wonder why??

Tobin09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Tobin09
Member since 2006 • 1579 Posts

2009-20010 is a good time for the Sim genre,

Were gonna have2 beautiful, epic driving games,

I can't wait.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Rikusaki

2009-20010 is a good time for the Sim genre,

Were gonna have2 beautiful, epic driving games,

I can't wait.

Tobin09
Gosh, yeah.... This is going to be so epic!
chris_yz80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 chris_yz80
Member since 2004 • 1219 Posts

[QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"][QUOTE="jasonharris48"] Oh boy I get to watch/play some traffic in good ol HD!

jasonharris48

I guess you don't even under stand the premise of Nascar, and how much skill it takes to drive side by side to two other cars at over 100mph only inches away, then breaking the line to pass another one. Gearing down at the appropriate times and piting so that you can maintain a good lead. Not only that you have to be thinking about conserving fuel, and reading how your car is responding to the track. Think about it like this, every straight is a race between you and the opposing car. No track is the same, you'd be wise not to think that. I really don't think you understand HOW big of a deal Nascar really is.

I don't want know how big of a deal Nascar really is. IMO of course it isn't appealing to me nor do I consider it a real sport.

Yeah i agree, its not a real sport, its not really hard to design a car thats easy to drive at over 160km/h, from what i have seen its more the team and reliability rather than the driver that makes the diference. If you want a real motorsport using cars like that come look at the Aussie v8 supercars, and FYI i have been there at speed (well for motox where the track is a hell of a lot rougher even in the smoothest condtions in nascar) a max of 5cm away from peoples handlebars and its not really hard to control. Anyway on topic, Nascar won't really be good for gameplay its to boring and is just a way to try to get a greater american audience. As for the forza vs GT debate forza is the clear winner in my book, GT4 (the last true GT game) feels so inferior to forza in controls and vehilce handling it aint funny.
jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62 jakarai
Member since 2008 • 4289 Posts

I just need this question answered..

Are they getting rid of penalties and the stupid hit detection crap????

whitetiger3521
I hope there is an option to set up game types what you do and don't want.
jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 jakarai
And for God's sake ADD VOICE CHAT!
dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#64 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16051 Posts

Needs more Razor Callahan.supercubedude64

I bet if you pay them FIVE GRAND they would put him in.

jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 jakarai
Don't know how anyone can say Forza 3 > GT 5 when Forza is playing catch up.
360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 360hammer
Member since 2009 • 2596 Posts

Don't know how anyone can say Forza 3 > GT 5 when Forza is playing catch up.jakarai

I think alot has to do with the tuning, customization of parts and paint which makes people prefer Forza. Not to mention the online racing is pretty impressive. As I said before though I'm patiently waiting for GT5.

da_iceman017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 da_iceman017
Member since 2008 • 120 Posts
Forza incorporates an arcade racer style while GT focuses on unrelenting realism.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#68 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts
Forza incorporates an arcade racer style while GT focuses on unrelenting realism.da_iceman017
Um...no? Forza is as much (if not more) of a sim as GT.
da_iceman017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 da_iceman017
Also its more inviting of newbies because of its incorporation of arcade elements instead of added realism as in a GT game or a racing sim.
-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts

Can we end the debate already? First Forza 2, and now sadly Forza 3 VS GT5 argument, GT5 isn't going to be out this year and has been taking way too long. MS shows up at E3 with what is going to be the greatest racer to ever come out and it's launching in OCTOBER! AND they showed gameplay, something GT5 has been missing for like, what, 10 years?! GT5 can't be better than Forza 3 when it's not even out for god's sake!

da_iceman017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 da_iceman017
What facts are you basing your argument off of.
druggyjoe3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#72 druggyjoe3000
Member since 2006 • 1523 Posts

Top gear test track ? Hmm one of my favorite shows I like it except the final statment. When both games r out then we can decide which is better

jakehouston88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 jakehouston88
Member since 2009 • 2848 Posts

UPDATED! :D

jakehouston88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 jakehouston88
What facts are you basing your argument off of.da_iceman017
Real Facts, collected from reliable resources... :D
Avatar image for Tragic_Kingdom7
Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Tragic_Kingdom7
Member since 2008 • 4011 Posts

Don't know how anyone can say Forza 3 > GT 5 when Forza is playing catch up.jakarai

How so?

It seems the Forza series so far has more features, more customization,has more realistic physics, etc (keep in mind I'm not talking about the two upcomng games). It might be hard to swallow, but I think it's the other way around now.

For once I'd like to see GT fanboys back up comments like these with arguments. Is that too much to ask?

Avatar image for Tragic_Kingdom7
Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Tragic_Kingdom7
Member since 2008 • 4011 Posts

Forza incorporates an arcade racer style while GT focuses on unrelenting realism.da_iceman017

It's funny. Everytime a GT fanboy says this, they never support it.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Rikusaki

jakehouston88
Haha, thank you for putting my boxart in there. :)
jakehouston88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 jakehouston88

[QUOTE="jakehouston88"]

Rikusaki

Haha, thank you for putting my boxart in there. :)

Sure, no problems.

I couldn't do it sooner, because I got suspended for 4 days... :(

360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 360hammer
Member since 2009 • 2596 Posts

[QUOTE="da_iceman017"]Forza incorporates an arcade racer style while GT focuses on unrelenting realism.Tragic_Kingdom7

OK, first off lets clear up the fact GT is a DRIVING Sim not a racing sim and there is a difference. While I enjoy Forza the fact you can get into a Ford GT and do 170+ mph in second gear is not what I call simulation of any kind hence the arcade incorporation.

Tobin09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Tobin09
[QUOTE="360hammer"]

[QUOTE="Tragic_Kingdom7"]

OK, first off lets clear up the fact GT is a DRIVING Sim not a racing sim and there is a difference. While I enjoy Forza the fact you can get into a Ford GT and do 170+ mph in second gear is not what I call simulation of any kind hence the arcade incorporation.

900 Hp, highly tuned ford GT getting to 170 on a long geared 2 speed setup seem doable to me, In fact, I bet I can do that in the f1 car in prolouge. Sounds like your just biased and looking for wrong parts on forza. Even though thats not really wrong, just unusual. I closely follow bose games, and admit neither are true sim. But from what I can tell, Forza will have waay more advanced, in-depth physics. Turn 10 talked about how they swapped notes with mclearen and were able to get alot of data from their F-1 simulator, how they are putting emphasis on tires, now simulating tire deformation and slip angle, already simulate tire heat across the surface, and expansion of gasses inside. They provide real time telemetry, and the physics engine runs at 360FPS Thats why I laugh when a fanboy goes: oh forza is deh arcadey!!!! Forza2, looking worse than a launch title, pgr3, didn't get a 9.2 for no reason.
bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

Can someone PLEASE answer me on this one. Why do people say the gameplay(driving mechanics) are so much more dominant in Forza? I honestly feel like those who say so NEVER played GT5P... I hated GT4's handling and honestly thought that Forza handling was amazing when I first played 1 and 2. It has the ebst car handling available to this date, BUT people that compare the handling of Forza to GT are usually comparing it to GT4 and GT5 has a completely revamped driving system. If you disagree with me try driving the same car in both games and you will see what I'm talking about. I tried playing GT4 the other day and I felt like my car was a dump truck, but my GT5p plays so much different that it's not even funny. Car handling wise, it's different then Forza, but both are REALLY good and you must be a fanboy to say the other sucks. To like one more then the other is perfectly fine, but to say GT5's car handling/gameplay sucks is blind fanboyism at it's best. Both feature amazing gameplay mechanics and which ever choice you make you will have an amazing game.

Z0MBIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Z0MBIES
Member since 2005 • 2246 Posts

Gah the Top Gear test track, now I'm a little jealous... If it could incorporate real rally racing then I would have to say GT5 is looking better than F3, but the Nascar thing is kind of dumb, the Nascar like track in Forza 2 is the most boring track in the game, the only fun thing about it is turning around and hitting the other cars for ridiculous crashes. In the end though I do like Forza's arcade elements, because they definitely don't make the game to burnout like but make it arcade enough to be inviting.

DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 DonPerian
Member since 2005 • 3773 Posts
That last part is most definitely not a fact.
Tobin09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Tobin09

Can someone PLEASE answer me on this one. Why do people say the gameplay(driving mechanics) are so much more dominant in Forza? I honestly feel like those who say so NEVER played GT5P... I hated GT4's handling and honestly thought that Forza handling was amazing when I first played 1 and 2. It has the ebst car handling available to this date, BUT people that compare the handling of Forza to GT are usually comparing it to GT4 and GT5 has a completely revamped driving system. If you disagree with me try driving the same car in both games and you will see what I'm talking about. I tried playing GT4 the other day and I felt like my car was a dump truck, but my GT5p plays so much different that it's not even funny. Car handling wise, it's different then Forza, but both are REALLY good and you must be a fanboy to say the other sucks. To like one more then the other is perfectly fine, but to say GT5's car handling/gameplay sucks is blind fanboyism at it's best. Both feature amazing gameplay mechanics and which ever choice you make you will have an amazing game.

bigblunt537
I own, both, but I use a wheel for forza, and don't have one for the playstation. I've compared the handling of stock Z06's and have found the surprisingly similar. Gt5P seems more real in the fact that it's really easy to spin out, you get loose and can overcorrect and spin, where in forza, it takes more loose and more overcorrecting to spin. The difference was bigger before gt5P's spec 2 or 3 update, I really don't remember which one. It's might be just becouse I haven't spent 2 years on gt5P like I have forza, but when comparing the physics under hard driving, consistent, good driving, I can descripe forza 2 as much more in depth, as there always seems like theres more to make the car do. mostly noticable in that gt5P you can't get your car to take a set,( that 5% slide that feels great, and truely is using 100% of your grip). Were in gt5P theres this feeling that as long as you follow your line, hit all your braking points, controll the throttle, your pushing the car 100%, and that it's the car that needs to be changed in order to be faster, not how you use it. Thats the best I can explain. both games drive great, neither is better, just different.
Tobin09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Tobin09

Gah the Top Gear test track, now I'm a little jealous... If it could incorporate real rally racing then I would have to say GT5 is looking better than F3, but the Nascar thing is kind of dumb, the Nascar like track in Forza 2 is the most boring track in the game, the only fun thing about it is turning around and hitting the other cars for ridiculous crashes. In the end though I do like Forza's arcade elements, because they definitely don't make the game to burnout like but make it arcade enough to be inviting.

Z0MBIES
please do explain the arcade elements. I play seince launch, and have apparently missed them. You mean the assist maybe? I mean, neither game is R factor, but certainly not arcade either.
-CUBE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 -CUBE-
Member since 2006 • 708 Posts
I don't know why GT games have so many almost exactly similer Skylines and Lancers.. :? Even though I'm a huge GT fan, I think FM3 will be the better game.
bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 bigblunt537

[QUOTE="bigblunt537"]

Tobin09

I own, both, but I use a wheel for forza, and don't have one for the playstation. I've compared the handling of stock Z06's and have found the surprisingly similar. Gt5P seems more real in the fact that it's really easy to spin out, you get loose and can overcorrect and spin, where in forza, it takes more loose and more overcorrecting to spin. The difference was bigger before gt5P's spec 2 or 3 update, I really don't remember which one. It's might be just becouse I haven't spent 2 years on gt5P like I have forza, but when comparing the physics under hard driving, consistent, good driving, I can descripe forza 2 as much more in depth, as there always seems like theres more to make the car do. mostly noticable in that gt5P you can't get your car to take a set,( that 5% slide that feels great, and truely is using 100% of your grip). Were in gt5P theres this feeling that as long as you follow your line, hit all your braking points, controll the throttle, your pushing the car 100%, and that it's the car that needs to be changed in order to be faster, not how you use it. Thats the best I can explain. both games drive great, neither is better, just different.

And I 100% agree with you, but GT5p is a demo to GT5 and I hate to pull the demo thing out, but it shows that the gameplay is not bad and its miles ahead of GT4 which everybody seems to compare Forza to and with GT5 full there's always a possibility for more internal customizations and stuff that can be done like in Froza 2. Pd isn't dumb. They are not going to sit down and not look at their competitors at all. They are taking/have taken a very close look at Froza 2/3 and seeing what they can implement into their game. So the overall point of my post is that GT5p doesn't have a crap gameplay engine. It's a VERY solid foundation which will most likely be improved upon on final release.

bulletshred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 bulletshred
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
FACT: In the end of the day, it won't be worth the wait.
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

Am I the only one that feels like the vehicles feel disconnected from the track? I'm not sure how to describe it.

Tobin09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Tobin09
[QUOTE="bigblunt537"]

[QUOTE="Tobin09"][QUOTE="bigblunt537"]

And I 100% agree with you, but GT5p is a demo to GT5 and I hate to pull the demo thing out, but it shows that the gameplay is not bad and its miles ahead of GT4 which everybody seems to compare Forza to and with GT5 full there's always a possibility for more internal customizations and stuff that can be done like in Froza 2. Pd isn't dumb. They are not going to sit down and not look at their competitors at all. They are taking/have taken a very close look at Froza 2/3 and seeing what they can implement into their game. So the overall point of my post is that GT5p doesn't have a crap gameplay engine. It's a VERY solid foundation which will most likely be improved upon on final release.

I agree to, it's great for what it is, a glorified demo .Final prouduct will be leaps and bounds ahead, I'm sure. Turn 10 actually came out and said they undid some of the dumbing down they did for forza 2, they used to adjust the car setups to make them easyer to drive. So looking forward to great strides from both sides. I will preorder both ASAP. Great year for the genre,
DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 DonPerian
Member since 2005 • 3773 Posts

Am I the only one that feels like the vehicles feel disconnected from the track? I'm not sure how to describe it.

W1NGMAN-

Which game?

EDIT: I'm assuming GT5 considering the thread's title and original post.

Tobin09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Tobin09

W1NGMAN-

I don't know what game your talking about, but they should. The cars are actually sitting on top of the track. there is no telekinelisielsiels link that connects them, at all.

bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 bigblunt537

[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]

Tobin09

I don't know what game your talking about, but they should. The cars are actually sitting on top of the track. there is no telekinelisielsiels link that connects them, at all.

Yes I will preorder both too. they look amazinggg.(didn't want to quote other post to large)

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]

DonPerian

Which game?

EDIT: I'm assuming GT5 considering the thread's title and original post.

Yea GT5P, I don't know what it is but to me the vehicles look very floaty.

ultima-flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ultima-flare
Member since 2003 • 2259 Posts

The Forza team is arrogant, rude, a dismissive of games they know barely anything about. I mean they sat there at e3 clamoring how they are making the "DEFINITIVE" racing game of the generation and that nothing that comes out will beat it. I can understand maybe saying it like once, but they kept repeating the bs. Sure its going to be a great game no doubt, but this is out of hand.

Read this quote: "So, props to Kazunori Yamauchi-san and the PS1 team," said Greenwalt. "That said," he continued, "I feel that he's passed us the baton. Perhaps he hasn't meant to, but we have taken the genre to new levels and they've stopped evolving the genre. So again, tremendous respect to him, but I'd say the differentiator is they're old school." He conclued, "The emperor's naked, and I don't want to, you know, I don't want to slap him around, but no game competes [with] us right now." (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/05/turn-10-on-forza-3-no-game-competes-with-us/)

What hell is all I can say...what the hell...

Also they freaking offered people free in-game content for F3 if they would vote for it over GT5 in a cnet poll. Absolutely pathetic. And what was even sadder was that they still lost the poll.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts
What month will GT5 be showcased in Game Informer? I really don't care about talking about GT5 until Poly decides to talk about it :P.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts

The Forza team is arrogant, rude, a dismissive of games they know barely anything about. I mean they sat there at e3 clamoring how they are making the "DEFINITIVE" racing game of the generation and that nothing that comes out will beat it. I can understand maybe saying it like once, but they kept repeating the bs. Sure its going to be a great game no doubt, but this is out of hand.

What hell is all I can say...what the hell...

Also they freaking offered people free in-game content for F3 if they would vote for it over GT5 in a cnet poll. Absolutely pathetic. And what was even sadder was that they still lost the poll.

ultima-flare

How dare he try to sell his product :| . I mean seriously, this is not a big deal. He saids what he saids because yes, Forza actually has done more innovative stuff since coming in and FM3 will increase that allowing many who experienced FM2 to believe what this guy has to say. Also, it was a car in FM2 they were giving away. Again, no big deal. They lost the poll because many complained, it got closed.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
release date please i cant wait for gt5 and forza3 and one question gt5 playbale on tokyo game show ;;