Gran Turismo 5 Facts...(UPDATED)

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jakehouston88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 jakehouston88
Member since 2009 • 2848 Posts

Gran Turismo 5

FACT SHEET

Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. (SCEA)
Developer: Polyphony Digital, Inc.
Platform: PLAYSTATION 3 (PS3)
Genre: Racing Simulation
Release Date: TBA

OVERVIEW

Gran Turismo 5 will be the a new entry on the popular, award winning, high seller, very well known Gran Turismo racing simulation series. GT5 will expand on the Prologue game and will be the first full Gran Turismo game to hit the PlayStation 3. The game was first revealed at E3 2006 along with the final design of the PlayStation 3. Its name at the time was Vision Gran Turismo. When the PlayStation 3 was released, what was going to be GT5 turned into Gran Turismo HD that was released as a demo at the time. Later, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue was released and GT5 was pushed back to a later release date. In an April 2008 interview, Kazunori Yamauchi revealed that 150 people had worked on Gran Turismo 5 for four years, with all of Polyphony Digital's 120 employees working on GT5, and the game costing 50 times more to develop than 1997's Gran Turismo.

In November 2008, Kazonuri Yamauchi was interviewed by Audi at Nurburgring Nordschleife. In the interview Yamauchi confirms features as weather changes, night races, and more features added to the Online parts of the game. However, no release date or window was announced in the interview, although Kazunori Yamuachi has confirmed that GT5 can be released at any time On June 2, 2009 at Sony's E3 2009 Press Conference a trailer for GT5 was shown, though there was no in game footage. The trailer showed licenses from NASCAR and WRC. Many cars and tracks were shown in the trailer, as well as damage but no release date was announced. Gran Turismo® 5, is coming exclusively to the PlayStation®3 system. Known for its signature beauty and precision, the highly anticipated racer will showcase new jaw-dropping cars, real-life tracks, and diverse racing ****. Gran Turismo promises to deliver exciting advancements to the series in the most comprehensive racing experience ever.

KEY FEATURES:

Cars

Gran Turismo 5 will feature hundreds of cars from many different manufacturers; carrying on the trend from other Gran Turismo games in the past. The official list of cars still remains unconfirmed by Polyphony Digital. For the first time in the main numbered series, Ferrari cars will be featured in the game.

As we can see from the prominently displayed logos in the trailer, GT5 holds the official licenses for both NASCAR and the FIA World Rally Championship. What's that mean, exactly? Aside from the obvious fact that stock cars and WRC rally cars will be in the game, it is still unclear how these racing series will be integrated within the ****cal framework of a Gran Turismo title. PLUS DAMAGE!

While no announcements with regards to the official car list have been made, waging through the videos, screenshots and cars included in Gran Turismo HD Concept have given hint that the following vehicles should wind up in the final game (note that the model year may not be 100% accurate):

- 1991 Acura NSX
- 2006 Alfa Romeo Brera
- 2007 Audi R8
- 2007 Audi TT 3.2 Quattro
- 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i
- 2001 Clio V6 Renault Sport
- 2002 Daihatsu Copen
- 1999 Dodge Viper GTS
- 2006 Ferrari F430
- 2006 Ferrari 599 GTB
- 2006 Ford Mustang GT
- 2004 Honda Integra Type R
- 2006 Infinity G35 Coupe
- 1992 Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione
- 1999 Lotus Elise 190
- 2004 Lotus Elise 111R
- 1989 Mazda Eunos Roadster
- 2002 Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG
- 1996 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR
- 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR
- 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
- 2005 Nissan GT-R Prototype
- 1994 Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec II
- 1997 Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec
- 2002 Nissan Xanavi 350Z
- 1995 Suzuki Cappuccino
- 2005 Suzuki Swift Sport
- 1995 Toyota Celica GT-Four Rally Car
- 2000 TVR Tuscan Speed 6
- ???? Volkswagen Golf GTI

100's MORE...

New Tracks Revealed

If you know your race tracks, it didn't take long for you to pick out the legendary Indianapolis Motor Speedway paddock in the E3 trailer. The other new circuit is the Top Gear Test Track. Now, two years later, we've finally got our first look at two LMP cars on the Stig's home turf.

The time of day at the Top Gear track may also be important - it could be our first look at day/night cycles and dynamic weather, something which Yamauchi mentioned in an interview with Audi. Let's not get too carried away, though. Terronium-12 below, Laguna Seca was also played at dusk in Gran Turismo 3.

Another new track, Toscana, is set in the Tuscany region of Italy. The starting platform is particularly interesting, as it indicates a realistic, point-to-point rally stage (as opposed to the dirt circuits found in previous games). Other tracks include Suzuka Circuit, Fuji Speedway, Eiger Nordwand, London City, Daytona International Speedway,

Online Play

Gran Turismo 5 will mark the series' first foray into the online world, allowing gamers around the globe to connect and race with each other. While offline play should support fields of 16 vehicles, online play is likely to max out at 12. These numbers are the likely player counts, though the final numbers will be determined as Polyphony polishes the game as it approaches release.

Full voice options will be present. The game will give players the option of either having voice chats on during races or to turn them off and partake in a more realistic competition. It sounds like this option will be set by the server type rather than on a player-by-player basis.

Polyphony plans to offer plenty of integration with PlayStation Home, though it's unclear as to what extent this will work. We can assume that you'll be able to park a car from the game in a virtual garage, though this is pure speculation. We do know that the game will allow you to go directly from the game to Home and back again, tying the two together as closely as possible.

My Page: Perhaps the most unique aspect of online play will come in the form of My Page, a personalized starting spot that is said to be similar in vein to a MySpace page. Players will be able to customize their profile, which will reflect their location by showing actual buildings and current weather conditions on their page. Friends list integration should play into My Page as well.

While My Page will tie into the online portion of the game, it'll also act as your main hub for the standard GT single-player mode. Here, you'll find a number of icons including Garage, TV, Album, Options, Profile, Home and Calendar. The Event Calendar will show you a list of upcoming races that you can partake in, while TV should house saved replays.

In-Car View

Another first for the series will be the inclusion of an in-car view, replete with accurate representations of each vehicle's steering wheel, dashboard, instrumentation and more. Engine sounds will be different while racing from this view to accurately model what the vehicles would sound like while sitting in the driver's seat.

The rearview and side-view mirrors will all be fully functional, allowing you to accurately tell whether cars are at your side or tailpipe. You'll be able to look out of the side and rear windows by using the D-Pad should the mirrors not quite suffice.

Wheel Support

Gran Turismo 5 should support all USB-based PlayStation 2 driving wheels, including Logitech's Driving Force Pro and G25. In the case of the G25, it's unknown whether or not the game will make full use of the included gearbox, but we assume that it will. It's very likely that a new wheel designed for the PlayStation 3 will coincide with its release as Gran Turismo 3 and 4 saw branded wheels from Logitech launch alongside the game to great success.

Graphics

1080p NATIVE HIGH DEFINITION!

- Rikusaki

Interview with Polophony:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZw3ObYN6uE

Kazunori Yamauchi has to be aware of the excitement he caused when he said "We Can Release Gran Turismo 5 Whenever We Want", but that didn't stop him from doing it again - this time, in a video interview with GameReactor:

"We've actually reached a point where we can probably release it any time, except that you can also keep working on it as long as you want to, as well, so it's just a matter of timing. What really is the most important is that we keep working on it until we're satisfied with the final product. [...] You're waiting for something that's worth waiting for."

The rest of the interview is also very good, as he discusses more details about Gran Turismo PSP.

Article Source

:)

And to finish this war once and for all...

GT5_>_FORZA_3_(click)

:D

Agreements, Disagreements, Thoughts, Opinions...:)

Rob-Belmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Rob-Belmont
Member since 2009 • 1350 Posts
I wish they would just release the damn game already, telling people they could release it whenever they want doesn't help, Polyphony Digital are just being a tease.
Avatar image for deactivated-641bd8d21037b
deactivated-641bd8d21037b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-641bd8d21037b
Member since 2009 • 514 Posts

PLUS they have nascar in beautiful HIDEF!

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

I'm calling BS on this until I see a source.

The release date link took me to a laughing baby video on YouTube, but I'm sure you knew that. :|

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
Is it so hard to admit that both games will be awesome?
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Sounds ok, nothing to get excited about.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
they are speculating at least over 800 cars and even to 1000
jakehouston88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jakehouston88
they are speculating at least over 800 cars and even to 1000funsohng
I know that, those are some important cars. :)
Avatar image for deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c
deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c
Member since 2005 • 6504 Posts
Needs more Razor Callahan.
jakehouston88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jakehouston88

The release date link took me to a laughing baby video on YouTube, but I'm sure you knew that. :|

The_Game21x

:oops: My bad...

Gangstah-Fresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gangstah-Fresh
Member since 2009 • 510 Posts
The Audi R8 sold me to this game. That's it and nothing else. Since I can't come up with $150 grand, I will pay $60 to virtually drive that german monster.
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

TC, I suggest that you post links to the interviews from GTP.

whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 whitetiger3521
Member since 2005 • 4686 Posts

I just need this question answered..

Are they getting rid of penalties and the stupid hit detection crap????

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

The_Game21x
I LOLed.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

jakehouston88

And yet...it still hasn't been changed.
BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

I think I'm actually going to fork out for a G25 when this game comes out.

I've said in the past that I don't mind them taking their time with the game but even I'm getting pissed off with waiting now.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

Are all these features worth the wait?

I don't think so

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"][QUOTE="jakehouston88"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

And yet...it still hasn't been changed.

i dont think u got it
-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts
Forza 3 >>>>> GT5 Why? Because I'll be playing it months before GT5 and enjoying its awesomesauce. Until GT5 releases, it's nothing but pure HYPE.
jakehouston88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jakehouston88

TC, I suggest that you post links to the interviews from GTP.

Rikusaki

I used your wonderful work, if that's okay. :D

Irick_cb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Irick_cb
Member since 2009 • 1691 Posts

Forza 3 >>>>> GT5 Why? Because I'll be playing it months before GT5 and enjoying its awesomesauce. Until GT5 releases, it's nothing but pure HYPE.-RocBoys9489-

It's a TARP!

Also, i'm still playing GT4 and looking for a GT5:Prologuedisk version (for archive reasons)

Avatar image for _Peoples_Champ_
_Peoples_Champ_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 _Peoples_Champ_
Member since 2002 • 4695 Posts

NICKKELANIUS
Cars that you can't even customize (no superchargers or turbochargers people, racing in oval tracks) Keep your NASCAR.
masiisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 masiisam
Member since 2003 • 5723 Posts

I think I'm actually going to fork out for a G25 when this game comes out.

I've said in the past that I don't mind them taking their time with the game but even I'm getting pissed off with waiting now.

BZSIN

If you plan on using the G25 only for GT5 I would suggest checking out a few other wheels.... Namely a Driving force GT...It can easily be had for half the price (save +150$)..your lap times will be the same and the experience is 95% of what the G25 offers.

DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 DonPerian
Member since 2005 • 3773 Posts
I was going to say good work until I saw you bashing Forza. That wasn't necessary and you're being illogical. Play both and then talk. I'll be enjoying both so my enjoyment factor>your enjoyment factor.
Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
how did u do this before rikusaki!?
Avatar image for _Peoples_Champ_
_Peoples_Champ_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 _Peoples_Champ_
Member since 2002 • 4695 Posts
I was going to say good work until I saw you bashing Forza. That wasn't necessary and you're being illogical. Play both and then talk. I'll be enjoying both so my enjoyment factor>your enjoyment factor.DonPerian
This is system wars get used to it, gt players ove bashing Forza without playing it.
jakehouston88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jakehouston88

how did u do this before rikusaki!?stereointegrity
Good question, :question:

CHRION987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CHRION987
Member since 2008 • 468 Posts

why do the cars in GT games always feel like they are stuck to the road? like there physics model is very limted to the point that it feels stiff and unlifelike, maybe it will be different this time. I saw a vid of pro race gamers doing amazing tricks with forza cars, it just seems like if something is done to the car that would make the tires lift off the ground, forza has it. Its kind of like the cars and tracks are 2 seperate entities in forza with amazing physics with the way the cars move, GT looks beautiful, but the cars and the road seem to always be stuck, i would imagine this would free up system resources to make it look prettier?

walkingdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 walkingdream
Member since 2009 • 4883 Posts
Forza Gameplay>>>>GT5 And i don't care what u say because i used to be a HUGE GT FAN!@
360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 360hammer
Member since 2009 • 2596 Posts

why do the cars in GT games always feel like they are stuck to the road? like there physics model is very limted to the point that it feels stiff and unlifelike, maybe it will be different this time. I saw a vid of pro race gamers doing amazing tricks with forza cars, it just seems like if something is done to the car that would make the tires lift off the ground, forza has it. Its kind of like the cars and tracks are 2 seperate entities in forza with amazing physics with the way the cars move, GT looks beautiful, but the cars and the road seem to always be stuck, i would imagine this would free up system resources to make it look prettier?

CHRION987

Funny, I have a friend all about Forza and I had him play GT Prologue put him in a Vett and he couldn't stay on the track. I don't know about previous GT titles but Prologue is pretty impressive. Don't get me wrong I think Forza is great but I'm personally more excited about GT5. Not going to compare the 2 until I own both.

360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 360hammer
Member since 2009 • 2596 Posts

Forza Gameplay>>>>GT5 And i don't care what u say because i used to be a HUGE GT FAN!@walkingdream

Your gonna have to let me play your copy of GT5 because I can't seem to find it anywhere.

jakehouston88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jakehouston88

Forza Gameplay>>>>GT5 And i don't care what u say because i used to be a HUGE GT FAN!walkingdream

So you have played GT5, :?

jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jessesalinas
Member since 2007 • 2935 Posts

good read all the up until you said "GT5 >> Forza3"...you ruined it with an opinion.

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

[QUOTE="walkingdream"]Forza Gameplay>>>>GT5 And i don't care what u say because i used to be a HUGE GT FAN!jakehouston88

Considering you've proclaimed "GT5>Forza 3", one could ask you the same question.
masiisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 masiisam

[QUOTE="walkingdream"]Forza Gameplay>>>>GT5 And i don't care what u say because i used to be a HUGE GT FAN!jakehouston88

and yet you put gt5>Fm3..:|

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#36 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

[QUOTE="jakehouston88"]

[QUOTE="walkingdream"] [QUOTE="masiisam"]

[QUOTE="jakehouston88"]

[QUOTE="walkingdream"]Forza Gameplay>>>>GT5 And i don't care what u say because i used to be a HUGE GT FAN!PBSnipes

and yet you put gt5>Fm3..:|

ZOMG hypocrisy on SYSTEM WARS.........Now i have seen everything.

Spartan8907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Spartan8907
Member since 2006 • 3731 Posts
Both gaming look incredible. You can't say one is greater than the other when neither has even been released. Good job proving one thing. You're a fanboy. Personally, GT5 makes me regret selling my PS3, and Forza 3 makes me want to buy a 360. I will miss not owning either. :(
masiisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 masiisam

Both gaming look incredible. You can't say one is greater than the other when neither has even been released. Good job proving one thing. You're a fanboy. Personally, GT5 makes me regret selling my PS3, and Forza 3 makes me want to buy a 360. I will miss not owning either. :(Spartan8907

But you have GTR2/rfactor/Iracing..have you tried them?

jakehouston88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jakehouston88

[QUOTE="walkingdream"]

jakehouston88

Considering you've proclaimed "GT5 > Forza 3", one could ask you the same question.

and yet you put gt5 > Fm3..:|

masiisam

Good points. :lol:...but still I BELIEVE: GT5 > Forza 3. :)

navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts
Is it so hard to admit that both games will be awesome? pyromaniac223
Yeah I really don't understand this feud. People really hate both games. But its almost a guaranteed fact that both games will be amazing and lots of fun.
jakehouston88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jakehouston88

[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"]Is it so hard to admit that both games will be awesome? navstar29
Yeah I really don't understand this feud. People really hate both games. But its almost a guaranteed fact that both games will be amazing and lots of fun.

GT5 will be Amazinger!

walkingdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 walkingdream
Member since 2009 • 4883 Posts

[QUOTE="navstar29"][QUOTE="pyromaniac223"]Is it so hard to admit that both games will be awesome? jakehouston88

GT5 will be Amazinger!

Like prologue?:p Don't get me wrong i love GT actually lol but so far from what's shown i think Forza might be better.... PD PROVE ME WRONG!
CHRION987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CHRION987
Member since 2008 • 468 Posts

In the new GT if you take 2 cars and go full speed head on into eachother do they just bounce off of eachother like they used to on ps2? not like thats what your supposed to do, or that it is the point of the game, but just for a test.

jakehouston88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jakehouston88

[QUOTE="jakehouston88"]

[QUOTE="navstar29"] Yeah I really don't understand this feud. People really hate both games. But its almost a guaranteed fact that both games will be amazing and lots of fun. walkingdream

GT5 will be Amazinger!

Like prologue?:p Don't get me wrong i love GT actually lol but so far from what's shown i think Forza might be better.... PD PROVE ME WRONG!

Prologue is a big demo, GT5 will be godly.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

NICKKELANIUS

Oh boy I get to watch/play some traffic in good ol HD!

Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts

[QUOTE="NICKKELANIUS"]

jasonharris48

I guess you don't even under stand the premise of Nascar, and how much skill it takes to drive side by side to two other cars at over 100mph only inches away, then breaking the line to pass another one. Gearing down at the appropriate times and piting so that you can maintain a good lead. Not only that you have to be thinking about conserving fuel, and reading how your car is responding to the track. Think about it like this, every straight is a race between you and the opposing car. No track is the same, you'd be wise not to think that. I really don't think you understand HOW big of a deal Nascar really is.
cool_beans1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 cool_beans1
Member since 2009 • 458 Posts
Ehh...just to point out your "GT5 > Forza 3" is your opinion, nothing else I really have to point out.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

wow, voice chat? omg congrats Poly you finally managed to do what forza did on the original xbox. what's next for this powerhouse dev team, friends lists invites??? damage??? private races??? releasing a game???

Lulz, Poly = second rate dev team that can't match features on games that were standard 5 years ago.

mand_450

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#49 mand_450
Member since 2005 • 278 Posts

And to finish this war once and for all...

GT5>FORZA3jakehouston88

You just couldn't resist saying that, could you? :P

This war between GT and Forza justwon't end before either one of the series rise far above the other in quality or stops completely.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="NICKKELANIUS"]

Adrian_Cloud

I guess you don't even under stand the premise of Nascar, and how much skill it takes to drive side by side to two other cars at over 100mph only inches away, then breaking the line to pass another one. Gearing down at the appropriate times and piting so that you can maintain a good lead. Not only that you have to be thinking about conserving fuel, and reading how your car is responding to the track. Think about it like this, every straight is a race between you and the opposing car. No track is the same, you'd be wise not to think that. I really don't think you understand HOW big of a deal Nascar really is.

I don't want know how big of a deal Nascar really is. IMO of course it isn't appealing to me nor do I consider it a real sport.