Got my PS3 ..

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

watchcity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 watchcity
Member since 2006 • 585 Posts

Buy Superstardust HD. Now.Finale-

Exactly. Do it. Now.

topher_ls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 topher_ls
Member since 2003 • 314 Posts

did you get with the price cut? if not you screwed yourself....dreman999

I bought my PS3 on Friday last week, but I will go back to Best Buy for a price match when the price drops. You gotta love price matching policies where you can buy early in advance of a price drop and still get the discount later.

Crunchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Crunchman
Member since 2003 • 9316 Posts
I'm actually considering purchasing a PS3 myself. I'll probably wait till the next price drop, however. By then, there should be a pretty stellar library, and the network might mature a bit. LittleBigPlanet, anyone?
Smakkjoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 Smakkjoo
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts

[QUOTE="Finale-"]Buy Superstardust HD. Now.watchcity

Exactly. Do it. Now.

Im sorry, I haven't turned on my PS3 in about 2 months... Whats SuperStarDust i've been hearing so much about?

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts

[QUOTE="slinkysi"]You made the right choice, you wont regret it. At least you're console will last longer tha a week tooSnugenz

My 360 has lasted me since day 1 of launch so i can only hope my PS3 is as reliable ;)

You're like the anti-fanboy. :shock:

That's a compliment by the way.

blizzvalve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#56 blizzvalve
Member since 2007 • 14052 Posts

Is your Bravia 1080p?

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Thanks for all the good replies (and the bad aswell i suppose :P )

The 32D3000 accepts the 1080p signal, then downconverts it to the native resolution (or something like that, i'm not too tech savy) but there's definately a notable difference between 1080p and 1080i, so whatever its doing its doing it really well.

I did pay full price for the PS3, but in all honestly i'm really not bothered, i had the money, wanted the machine and i got it, it was also a good bundle (PS3 60gig, Motorstorm and Resistance 649 Euro).

I've played all the games a good bit now and these are my first impressions....

Motorstorm, lots of fun (even though i suck at it), some of the crashes literally leave me LOLing, just a shame there's no split screen multiplayer but the online is good enough to make up for that.

R:FoM, really didnt think i was gonna like this, the first level i was like "WTF, i'm nearly dead and there's no health pickups", of course then i got to the second mission after he gets infected by the chimera and it all came together. Really is the most solid shooter i've played on a Sony console to date, the Sixaxis dual analogues actually work quiet well with the game and i was well used to the controls within about 10minutes. Havnt tried the online yet, but will later on.

NG:S, its amazing what they've done with the game, i have played NG alot in the past so its not like i'm new to the series. The gameplay feels faster which i found really wierd at first, but it does make the game better. Just got through my first Rachel mission and i'm loving it, she's harder to manouver than Ryu but she packs one hell of a punch.

GT:HD, now for my only dissapointment with the PS3, first off it took about 2 hours to download then another 5 minutes to install :evil: , (luckily there's background dl'ing). I've been here for and a part of the GT vs. Forza debates, and i've heard many a person say GT:HD blows away Forza in the graphics department, and i have to say i'm really not seeing it, the car models are beautiful but the environments are horrible IMO, the best bit of it is the HDR coming over the mountain tops when you leave the tunnel. I know its just GT4 in HD (environments anyway) so i'm dont expect GT5 to have the poor environments that GT:HD has.

MaxPayneKILL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 MaxPayneKILL
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
ENJOY playing with the only true NEXT GEN console THERES no doubt
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts
[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

Got my PS3 today aswell as a Bravia 32inch HDTV (KDL-32D3000-1080p) and i have to say i'm loving it, only got to play NGS so far, but it really is amazing how well it looks (even though i havnt configured the TV yet).

Only problems so far was with HDMI, when i first booted up the console, my TV wouldnt recognize the HDMI input from the PS3, but the 1.82 patch sorted that out just fine. Oh and the update.....how can something take that long, was the update a few gigs ?? :lol:

No BluRay movies just yet, so i've no idea how thats gonna look but i'd imagine its gonna be pretty awesome.

So onto my question, what exactly does the 1.82 patch do ?

Anyway i'll see some of you on Resistance in a few ;)

PS: I've also tried out a few 360 games on the new TV, with Forza you really have to look hard to see any jaggies at all, Gears looks even better that it did on my monitor, (i really didnt think that was possible) :D

Magical_Zebra

Dude, configure your tv first THEN play your PS3 or 360. It took me damn near 2 months to finally configure my tv the way I wanted it. Congratulations on your new purchase. ;)

And my setup is...

Nice is that the 40" ?, cos i think we've the exact same TV and Dvd/Surround system as you in the living room, also an excellent TV ;)

jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 jessesalinas
Member since 2007 • 2935 Posts

nice! 8)

NGS was a good choice too.

Avatar image for tylerdurden2621
tylerdurden2621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 tylerdurden2621
Member since 2006 • 704 Posts
[QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"][QUOTE="Snugenz"]

Got my PS3 today aswell as a Bravia 32inch HDTV (KDL-32D3000-1080p) and i have to say i'm loving it, only got to play NGS so far, but it really is amazing how well it looks (even though i havnt configured the TV yet).

Only problems so far was with HDMI, when i first booted up the console, my TV wouldnt recognize the HDMI input from the PS3, but the 1.82 patch sorted that out just fine. Oh and the update.....how can something take that long, was the update a few gigs ?? :lol:

No BluRay movies just yet, so i've no idea how thats gonna look but i'd imagine its gonna be pretty awesome.

So onto my question, what exactly does the 1.82 patch do ?

Anyway i'll see some of you on Resistance in a few ;)

PS: I've also tried out a few 360 games on the new TV, with Forza you really have to look hard to see any jaggies at all, Gears looks even better that it did on my monitor, (i really didnt think that was possible) :D

Snugenz

Dude, configure your tv first THEN play your PS3 or 360. It took me damn near 2 months to finally configure my tv the way I wanted it. Congratulations on your new purchase. ;)

And my setup is...

Nice is that the 40" ?, cos i think we've the exact same TV and Dvd/Surround system as you in the living room, also an excellent TV ;)

I almost got a samsung, but sony and the sharp aqua line got better reviews according to consumer reports. The samsung got solid reviews, but the sharp line was like the best one for the 40-42 inch lcds. I ended up getting a sharp aqua 42 inch lcd 1080p.
Set_Free

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 Set_Free
Member since 2007 • 215 Posts
you made a wise choice, i love my ps3... its only gonna get better
MaxPayneKILL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points