Gordon Freeman vs. Master Chief vs. Nathan Drake

• 141 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sonic1564
Member since 2008 • 3265 Posts

In my opinion, from solid, good experience with all game franchises, I just find the silent protagonist to be better than the protagonists of both Halo and Uncharted franchises. Freeman can go through a town, fighting a bunch of zombies when no one could, but he did it anyway. Plus, he has a degree, which is better than treasure hunting skills. The hazard suit is also better than the spartan armor. But hey, I'm a good guy. You can vote who is the best game character out of the three right now.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
i like the freeman out of the 3.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#3 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Mario
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

I hate Freeman, I hate Chief, so I picked Drake.

theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 theuncharted34
Member since 2010 • 14529 Posts

Chief and Freeman are terrible, at least Drake is entertaining.

So Drake.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts
Let's see. A generic armored space marine vs a cliche'd treasure hunter vs a Scientist with a crowbar. Easily the crowbar.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Lets see, and everyman scientist with barely any combat experience outside a few days of fighting (HL and HL2 combined are like, 4 days in Freeman's life), vs a treasure hunting thief everyman without any sort of armor, vs a space marine that is genetically enhanced and wearing a combat suit.

Though I love Freeman and Drake much more then Chief, I think Chief would win. He's a freaking Spartan, using tech 500 years in the future against Drake and Freeman.

If its just a "who is better" question though, then I'm torn. I like Freeman for being completely different from other game characters in his backstory. He's a scientist, and at the same time completely immerses you in the HL universe in that he is simply you, pure and simple, in this world. But Drake is much more characterized then either character with more backstory and personality, so I gotta go with Drake.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DragonfireXZ95

Lets see, and everyman scientist with barely any combat experience outside a few days of fighting (HL and HL2 combined are like, 4 days in Freeman's life), vs a treasure hunting thief everyman without any sort of armor, vs a space marine that is genetically enhanced and wearing a combat suit.

Though I love Freeman and Drake much more then Chief, I think Chief would win. He's a freaking Spartan, using tech 500 years in the future against Drake and Freeman.

SPYDER0416
The OP doesn't say anything about them fighting. :|
ilovebumhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ilovebumhair
Member since 2011 • 28 Posts
drake would kill master chief easily
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
Samus Aran Master Chief second because his name is f*cking MASTER :lol:
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SPYDER0416

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

DragonfireXZ95

Yeah I edited my post to reflect that, but I mostly skimmed his post and just answered the title. Probably should have read into it a bit more.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#12 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

None of them are good characters. Especially Gordon Freeman.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

Nathan Drake has the better bod, so he wins.

theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 theuncharted34

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

SPYDER0416

Yeah I edited my post to reflect that, but I mostly skimmed his post and just answered the title. Probably should have read into it a bit more.

Besides, Drake would just tell a joke and the other 2 would die from that. :P

Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

Freeman. Drake gets on my nerves and Chief just isn't interesting.

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts
The quality of their games not withstanding, Drake has much better dialogue writing.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

The quality of their games not withstanding, Drake has much better dialogue writing. PraetorianMan

Nope, Freeman has WAY better dialogue wrting than those two COMBINED. ;)

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

The Chief, any other answer is pure fanboyism at its greatest.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SPYDER0416

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"] The OP doesn't say anything about them fighting. :|theuncharted34

To be honest its still kind of a hard choice. We don't know enough about Drake's past to consider whether or not maybe he does have some insane combat experience as a mercenary or something, and in the Uncharted games he routinely fights heavily armored thugs that require about 5 headshots while they weild powerful 2 hit kill weapons, so that might be something to worry MC about.

Plus Gordon has the gravity gun and the help of the G-Man, which could turn things around.

In a fight though, I'd probably bet my money on MC because of his experience and stuff.

rasengan2552

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rasengan2552
Member since 2009 • 5071 Posts

so Battle Rifle vs. Gravity Gun vs. generic machine gun ?

Freeman wins easily.

Peredith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Peredith
Member since 2011 • 2289 Posts

Gordon Freeman :)

:twisted:

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DragonfireXZ95

so Battle Rifle vs. Gravity Gun vs. generic machine gun ?

Freeman wins easily.

rasengan2552
Some of you people have the hardest time reading the OP.
Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts

Freeman.

Drake is very annoying and Chief is a generic space marine.

Gordon is also the most powerful out of the three.

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

Freeman is a legend, A LEGEND I TELL YOU!!!

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DragonfireXZ95

Bardock47
A generic space marine is a better character than both of them? Hell, I don't really like Drake, but he's better than Master Chief. Personally, I can't stand Drake or Master Chief as characters. So Freeman wins by default for me.
theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 theuncharted34

[QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

SPYDER0416

To be honest its still kind of a hard choice. We don't know enough about Drake's past to consider whether or not maybe he does have some insane combat experience as a mercenary or something, and in the Uncharted games he routinely fights heavily armored thugs that require about 5 headshots while they weild powerful 2 hit kill weapons, so that might be something to worry MC about.

Plus Gordon has the gravity gun and the help of the G-Man, which could turn things around.

In a fight though, I'd probably bet my money on MC because of his experience and stuff.

Drake should have died at least 100 times, he's made out of some un-earthly metal. :P

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Bardock47

Okay, lets just get real here guys. Lets imagine all three starting out mexicna stand-off style with their best gear. That means freeman has GG and crowbar. MC has Halo 1 pistol and energy sword. Drake has an AK-47 and some grenades. It would start all at once, with Drake tossing a grenade and making a mad dash for cover, freeman picks up grennade and tosses it at the cheif with GG, who is charging with Genetically enhanced speed, brandsihing the Plasma Sword. Grenade goes off and pops his sheild down to low, and freeman picks cheif up with GG, who has swiched over to Pistol and taking aim, then about this time Drake would take this oppuertune moment and strike a heavily distracted Freeman down. The cheif drops with sheilds recharnging and fires at Drake, who ducks, back into cover, peppering his shields. cheif then rolls into cover and waits, Drake tosses second grenade, Cheif rolls out of blast radius, and brandishes Pistol and sword and charges, Drake Lights him up with AK. With sheilds decreasing he fire the pistol, as Drake takes a few rounds he stops firing, reacting to the pain. Cheif lunges and plants the sword into his stomach, and heaves him off. Fininishing him off.

While the fight cna go any which way, the fact is, the MJOLNIR armor provides the cheif with a huge advantage and would easily win.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DragonfireXZ95

Okay, lets just get real here guys. Lets imagine all three starting out mexicna stand-off style with their best gear. That means freeman has GG and crowbar. MC has Halo 1 pistol and energy sword. Drake has an AK-47 and some grenades. It would start all at once, with Drake tossing a grenade and making a mad dash for cover, freeman picks up grennade and tosses it at the cheif with GG, who is charging with Genetically enhanced speed, brandsihing the Plasma Sword. Grenade goes off and pops his sheild down to low, and freeman picks cheif up with GG, who has swiched over to Pistol and taking aim, then about this time Drake would take this oppuertune moment and strike a heavily distracted Freeman down. The cheif drops with sheilds recharnging and fires at Drake, who ducks, back into cover, peppering his shields. cheif then rolls into cover and waits, Drake tosses second grenade, Cheif rolls out of blast radius, and brandishes Pistol and sword and charges, Drake Lights him up with AK. With sheilds decreasing he fire the pistol, as Drake takes a few rounds he stops firing, reacting to the pain. Cheif lunges and plants the sword into his stomach, and heaves him off. Fininishing him off.

While the fight cna go any which way, the fact is, the MJOLNIR armor provides the cheif with a huge advantage and would easily win.

Bardock47
And another person who can't read the OP...
el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

Bardock47

In my imaginary fight, Gordon just knocks out both MC and Nathan with his crowbar :]

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Bardock47

As a charectar though, Freeman is out.

Going straight off of games....as much as I like Halo, I have to say Drake wins, I havent played the UC's but he probably is a much more fleshed out charecter. Any charecter the chief has is barley there and the little hints that anyone would get are for people like me, ho dig the universe, and alot more of his charecter is in the books, an unfiar advantage that is thrown out, since we are comparing how they stand in their respective games.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SPYDER0416

[QUOTE="Bardock47"]

DragonfireXZ95

Ok Buzz Killington, way to Kill the Buzz.

And ruin our fun.

Jerk.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

Freeman.

Drake is very annoying and Chief is a generic space marine.

Gordon is also the most powerful out of the three.

call_of_duty_10

in your opinion why do you think freeman is stronger then of 3?

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Bardock47

[QUOTE="Bardock47"]

el3m2tigre

In my imaginary fight, Gordon just knocks out both MC and Nathan with his crowbar :]

to each their own:P I'd imagine the armor would take a few more hits though:D

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Bardock47

[QUOTE="Bardock47"]

DragonfireXZ95

I read it once and took it to mean in a fight...going through Ravenholm is a tribute fighting ablilty, not charecter, as well as weaponry and armor comparisons. I already posted on charecter standng anyway

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

drake>chief>that one guy i dont care about

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Gordon Freeman easily.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
don't like anyone of them
Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

Bardock47

oh man the fuking irony

RAGEofSTUNTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RAGEofSTUNTS
Member since 2010 • 733 Posts
Master Chief is a generic space marine? If so then Nathan is a generic adventurer looking for treasure. Gordon is the most original I guess, but that doesn't mean he is the best character. I'll go with GLaDOS
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="Bardock47"]

SPYDER0416

Ok Buzz Killington, way to Kill the Buzz.

And ruin our fun.

Jerk.

It's obvious Master Chief would win, with the firepower he has. :P
bjvill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#41 bjvill
Member since 2011 • 152 Posts
Freeman. Bit more human than Master Chief, a bit less defined (personality) than Nathan Drake He may have the least production value as a character, but he carries a crowbar.
worknow222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 worknow222
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

Chief Generic? Well I read the books and well I say Chief would win,

MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts
Master Chief
ilovebumhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ilovebumhair
Member since 2011 • 28 Posts
gordon freeman is a 4 eye nerd
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

gotta say Drake, humour and a personality thats human.Just feel chief and Freeman are a tad souless tbh.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Drake is handsome, charming, funny, etc yet people here vote for two mutes over him? What the hell.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
Gordon by default man....
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

As if the answer wasn't gonna be clear cut. Chief or drake over freeman? never

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

Nathan Drake

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Drake is handsome, charming, funny, etc yet people here vote for two mutes over him? What the hell.

Mozelleple112

What some find as charm and wit others can easily find it annoying and cocky. Works both ways for everything :P