SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45143 Posts

It also wins best audio, music, and narrative. Here is the complete list of winners.

http://www.bafta.org/games/awards/bafta-games-awards-nominations-winners-2019

Your thoughts, SW? The only head scratcher for me is giving Nintendo Labo an innovation award, lol.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: gow and labo equally suck, what a bad award show

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

It sucks. Sekiro shits all over it.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14806 Posts

I should play it one day. It’s still sealed on my shelf.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts

Well deserved. GOW is in a class of its own.

Congrats to Sony and Sony Santa Monica.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#7  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19565 Posts

@ezekiel43: 2018 was a weak year. The first few months of 2019 wipe the floor with the whole of 2018.

With that said, GOW is a deserving win for 2018. The year didn't have much better to offer.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8476 Posts

Best narrative? LMAO.

Best Game? Yeah, just a year on Sekiro and DMC 5 both showed how to do hack n slash compared to UC/TLOU wannabe.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts
@son-goku7523 said:

I knew son of quacknight would be in here ball licking Sony LOL.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59013 Posts

Angry Joe and his mentally stunted brothers bad ass seal of approval matter more than these sham awards.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34625 Posts

But it didn't win a Litchie award. That's the only award I care about.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Litchie
@Jag85 said:

@ezekiel43: 2018 was a weak year. The first few months of 2019 wipe the floor with the whole of 2018.

With that said, GOW is a deserving win for 2018. The year didn't have much better to offer.

2018 had Monster Hunter World, RDR2, Celeste, Into the Breach, Smash Bros. Ultimate, Sea of Thieves, Hollow Knight, Dead Cells, Octopath Traveler, The Messenger, Dragonball FighterZ, to name a few. All of which I'd personally much rather play than God of War.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24933 Posts

GOTY is popularity contest. any movie game that is popular can win. nothing to see here.

Doom Eternal the real GOTY arriving soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

GOTY is popularity contest. any movie game that is popular can win. nothing to see here.

Doom Eternal the real GOTY arriving soon.

You were doing so well until you the bold part :(

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PC_Rocks

@Litchie said:
@Jag85 said:

2018 had Monster Hunter World, RDR2, Celeste, Into the Breach, Smash Bros. Ultimate, Sea of Thieves, Hollow Knight, Dead Cells, Octopath Traveler, The Messenger, Dragonball FighterZ, to name a few. All of which I'd personally much rather play than God of War.

None of them had better presentation (not graphics) than GoW apart from RDR 2 and in these kind of awards/reviews/scores that's all that matters. F**k gameplay, level design, pacing etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-646b8e74d84bb
deactivated-646b8e74d84bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 deactivated-646b8e74d84bb
Member since 2003 • 30 Posts

@pc_rocks: Ya- using shiny engine while trashy level design, being narratively poor and short, is the bomb! Though gameplay, as saving grace, doesn t make the best games yet. ROFLMAO

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Litchie

@pc_rocks said:
@Litchie said:
@Jag85 said:

None of them had better presentation (not graphics) than GoW apart from RDR 2 and in these kind of awards/reviews/scores that's all that matters. F**k gameplay, level design, pacing etc.

Lulz. Yeah, it's not real gamers who gives out these awards. If it were, I doubt GoW would win many awards. The only game in my list there that I'm personally not interested in is RDR2. I'd still play it over GoW though.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44089 Posts

Old and batshit crazy bafta...

Embarrassing. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Another day another ps4 exclusive with an award.

Sucks to be an xbox one switch owner.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@Litchie said:
@pc_rocks said:
@Litchie said:
@Jag85 said:

Lulz. Yeah, it's not real gamers who gives out these awards. If it were, I doubt GoW would win many awards. The only game in my list there that I'm personally not interested in is RDR2. I'd still play it over GoW though.

Doesn't matter who gives out awards other then your own personal take. It shouldn't be hard to believe that real gamers, developers liked GOW as well. The awards all of them pretentious or not have got it right. GOW wiped out its so called AAA competition Ass Creed and RDR2. For such competition I d argue when it comes to gameplay department there is a weird disconnect with some of you real gamers SW folks. Especially vs something like RDR2.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#22 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19565 Posts

@pc_rocks said:
@Litchie said:

Pretty much. A lot of these GOTY awards usually go to big-budget blockbusters with AAA production values.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
@son-goku7523 said:

Yup, SONY has saved gaming for sure.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

@ellos said:
@Litchie said:
@pc_rocks said:
@Litchie said:
@Jag85 said:

Doesn't matter who gives out awards other then your own personal take. It shouldn't be hard to believe that real gamers, developers liked GOW as well. The awards all of them pretentious or not have got it right. GOW wiped out its so called AAA competition Ass Creed and RDR2. For such competition I d argue when it comes to gameplay department there is a weird disconnect with some of you real gamers SW folks. Especially vs something like RDR2.

Please don't be so harsh on 'em!!!

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3028 Posts

Don't know what a bafta is. I just know God Of War is an awesome game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#26  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts
@pc_rocks said:

Best narrative? LMAO.

Best Game? Yeah, just a year on Sekiro and DMC 5 both showed how to do hack n slash compared to UC/TLOU wannabe.

Except the new GoW isnt really a core hack'n'slash game anymore. Try again. Combat alone, yes, Sekiro and DMCV are a league ahead of GoW, but games arent gameplay alone. Music, artstyle, characters, pacing, etc, etc are also important. You may not care about them but its your opinion alone. My favorite game of all time doesnt even have good gameplay (Shadow of the Colossus). Rather the conjugation of all its elements made it a unique experience like none other. The elitist "only gameplay matters" pov is dated, sorry. Games today are more then the outdated term "games". They're experiences and varied ones at that that catters to all tastes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@uninspiredcup said:

Angry Joe and his mentally stunted brothers bad ass seal of approval matter more than these sham awards.

Well, GoW did receive his seal of approval also, so...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@pc_rocks said:

F**k gameplay, level design, pacing etc.

Have you played the game? Cause GoW has all of those. Maybe not "the best" of them (again, wich game has?) but GoW's gameplay, level design and pacing are definitely among the best of said year.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@Vatusus said:
@pc_rocks said:

Best narrative? LMAO.

Except the new GoW isnt really a core hack'n'slash game anymore. Try again. Combat alone, yes, Sekiro and DMCV are a league ahead of GoW, but games arent gameplay alone. Music, artstyle, characters, pacing, etc, etc are also important. You may not care about them but its your opinion alone. My favorite game of all time doesnt even have good gameplay (Shadow of the Colossus). Rather the conjugation of all its elements made it a unique experience like none other. The elitist "only gameplay matters" pov is dated, sorry. Games today are more then the outdated term "games". They're experiences and varied ones at that that catters to all tastes

They're all action games. You're just making excuses. Sekiro crushes God of War. DMC5 is better too. As are the old God of War games.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45143 Posts
@ezekiel43 said:
@Vatusus said:
@pc_rocks said:

Best narrative? LMAO.

They're all action games. You're just making excuses. Sekiro crushes God of War. DMC5 is better too. As are the old God of War games.

Loading Video...

What is he making excuses for? GOW has gotten several industry awards and was given rave reviews by critics and fans alike, and it also sold like gangbusters. You saying Sekiro or DMC crushes God of War doesn't change or really mean anything.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@SolidGame_basic said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@Vatusus said:
@pc_rocks said:

Best narrative? LMAO.

Loading Video...

What is he making excuses for? GOW has gotten several industry awards and was given rave reviews by critics and fans alike, and it also sold like gangbusters. You saying Sekiro or DMC crushes God of War doesn't change or really mean anything.

He's saying God of War is in a different genre. Because it has some light RPG elements and (bad) puzzles, it doesn't need to compete with other action games. Excuses. Why should I give a damn about what critics have to say about it? They're the same pretentious morons who gave Hellblade and Gone Home great reviews. They gave freaking Red Dead Redemption 2 perfect reviews.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@ezekiel43 said:
@Vatusus said:
@pc_rocks said:

Best narrative? LMAO.

Loading Video...

I've already seen that video. He's wrong. Action games is a broad genre. He doesnt know wtf he's talking about. GoW does more than combat alone, something core hack'n'slash games straightly focus on. Hell by his own conclusions, I guess anything that isnt DMC, Ninja Gaiden or Bayonetta is a bad "action game" then. Its stupid

anyway, why would a random yt video prove a point?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@ezekiel43 said:

Why should I give a damn about what critics have to say about it? They're the same pretentious morons who gave Hellblade and Gone Home great reviews. They gave freaking Red Dead Redemption 2 perfect reviews.

And who exactly are you to think you hold any script on what constitutes a game "good"? I love DMC, Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta and yet Hellblade is one of my favorite games of the generation for the experience it gave me with, again, all the other elements that makes a game good for me. Again, the "gameplay is all there is" approach is outdated at this day and age. Vanilla Destiny had some of the best FPS mechanics when it released yet it was heavily criticised for lacking on everything else. Other example is Mass Effect Andromeda, wich factually has the best gameplay in the series yet its considered the worst by its fanbase because it lacked in everything else.

Games arent "just" gameplay anymore. Get ahead with the times. Not saying it isnt important, off course it is. Hell, it still is the most important thing I would even argue, but it isnt "all there is to it" like you elitists try to pass out

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@Vatusus said:
@ezekiel43 said:

Why should I give a damn about what critics have to say about it? They're the same pretentious morons who gave Hellblade and Gone Home great reviews. They gave freaking Red Dead Redemption 2 perfect reviews.

And who exactly are you to think you hold any script on what constitutes a game "good"? I love DMC, Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta and yet Hellblade is one of my favorite games of the generation for the experience it gave me with, again, all the other elements that makes a game good for me. Again, the "gameplay is all there is" approach is outdated at this day and age. Vanilla Destiny had some of the best FPS mechanics when it released yet it was heavily criticised for lacking on everything else. Other example is Mass Effect Andromeda, wich factually has the best gameplay in the series yet its considered the worst by its fanbase because it lacked in everything else.

Games arent "just" gameplay anymore. Get ahead with the times. Not saying it isnt important, off course it is. Hell, it still is the most important thing I would even argue, but it isnt "all there is to it" like you elitists try to pass out

These games are mediocre as stories and interactive movies. I'd rather watch a good movie or TV show. Hellblade sucked at everything it tried to be. Gameplay should be the priority almost every time.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By PC_Rocks

@ellos said:
@Litchie said:
@pc_rocks said:
@Litchie said:

Liking is one thing and given it GOTY over several GAMES is another. I also enjoyed some crappy movies with glorious plot holes, pacing, story etc. doesn't mean it should have won GOTY. Games should have an emphasis first and foremost on gameplay not trying to imitate movies. That's what it is. Games is an active medium and hence shouldn't trade its qualities for a passive medium like movies, end of discussion.

And most people that liked it are from the TLOU, UC crowd that started playing games only in the 7th gen and so are most of the reviewers that awarded it 10/10. I mean the guys doing the GS video admitted they never played any GoW game before or even most hack n slash from the PS2 days yet the think the new GoW is better than the old ones, LMFAO. It was made for the UC/TLOU crowd, the director admitted and we all know where was the inspiration of UC/TLOU lies.

The guy above me listed games that all deserve that status more than GoW. As far as RDR 2 is concerned I never played it so I can't comment on it but based on Rockstar's prior record it's pretty fair to think that it also sucked in the gameplay dept.

Lastly, LOL at trying to defend GoW by calling not a traditional hack n slash because games like Bayonetta, DMC, Sekiro wipes the floor with it. It's further show that cows has no way to defend its inferiority hence they try to hide by not calling it a hack n slash. There's nothing in GoW that makes it award worthy whatsoever from story, narrative to game play. All are disjointed from the previous entries.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PC_Rocks

@Vatusus said:
@pc_rocks said:

Have you played the game? Cause GoW has all of those. Maybe not "the best" of them (again, wich game has?) but GoW's gameplay, level design and pacing are definitely among the best of said year.

Yes, I did and even if I didn't I have every right to criticize its direction, priority list and the focus that his director had. Lastly, yes my I did play it and that didn't change my view towards it. GoW has a shitty gameplay, level design and pacing as well disjointed story and narrative that had no connection to what came before. AT best it can be considered as functioncal title in hack n slash genre. Yes it is a hack n slash game (albeit a shitty one) and no amount of mental gymnastic will change that. The only reason it won was because of presentation.

And LOL at the contradiction, it doesn't have 'the best' but it's GOTY. The very title demands 'the best'.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@ezekiel43 said:
@Vatusus said:
@ezekiel43 said:

These games are mediocre as stories and interactive movies. I'd rather watch a good movie or TV show. Hellblade sucked at everything it tried to be. Gameplay should be the priority almost every time.

Cool opinion bra but I dont give a f*ck about what you think

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@pc_rocks said:
@Vatusus said:
@pc_rocks said:

Yes, I did and even if I didn't I have every right to criticize its direction, priority list and the focus that his director had. Lastly, yes my I did play it and that didn't change my view towards it. GoW has a shitty gameplay, level design and pacing as well disjointed story and narrative that had no connection to what came before. AT best it can be considered as functioncal title in hack n slash genre. Yes it is a hack n slash game (albeit a shitty one) and no amount of mental gymnastic will change that. The only reason it won was because of presentation.

And LOL at the contradiction, it doesn't have 'the best' but it's GOTY. The very title demands 'the best'.

No, its hardly a core hack'n'slash. You dont know wtf you're talking about. Everything else about the game you think its "bad" is nothing but your own opinion, somthing millions of people and critics alike disagree with ya.

And its GOTY of THAT year. I said it isnt the best when compared to the best games, not the best of that year. I played most of the highest scoring games of 2018, many of those you even mentioned like Hollow Knight and celeste, and yes, GoW was the best of all of em. See? I can have an opinion too

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

@Litchie said:
@Jag85 said:

Yup and the best game won, GOW. Sucks for hermits, but you guys are used to losing anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Hollow Knight came out in 2017 btw.

And I prefer RDR2 over GOW even though they are both amazing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@Vatusus said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@Vatusus said:
@ezekiel43 said:

And I'm not trying to change your opinion, because I know God of War fanatics (anyone who thinks it's the best game of 2018) have no taste and can't be educated about good game design and storytelling.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@ezekiel43 said:
@Vatusus said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@Vatusus said:

And I'm not trying to change your opinion, because I know God of War fanatics (anyone who thinks it's the best game of 2018) have no taste and can't be educated about good game design and storytelling.

Well, I know uneducated elitists who like to go against the wave just because its the hip thing to do, so I'm not trying to change your mind either. I just dont care

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
@Vatusus said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@Vatusus said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@Vatusus said:

Well, I know uneducated elitists who like to go against the wave just because its the hip thing to do, so I'm not trying to change your mind either. I just dont care

Heh, that's what you people always like to do. Pretend we don't like it because it's popular instead of acknowledging that it has problems. I didn't spend twenty dollars on this mediocre game with the intention of never finishing it. That just happened some time after acquiring the Blades of Chaos. Twenty dollars isn't pocket money.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@ezekiel43 said:
@Vatusus said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@Vatusus said:

Heh, that's what you people always like to do. Pretend we don't like it because it's popular instead of acknowledging that it has problems. I didn't spend twenty dollars on this mediocre game with the intention of never finishing it. That just happened some time after acquiring the Blades of Chaos. Twenty dollars isn't pocket money.

Yes, it has problems... like every other fucking game ever released.

Look, I'm a DMC fan and I can say for sure DMC V has the best combat in the genre imo. However no one could ever overlook the terrible level design the game has. Uninspired, repetitive and boring artstyle. Where is the iconic gothic look the series was known for? Traded by some red vines and urban aesthetics for some reason. The story is also mediocre and the twist is forced asf. As I've said, long gone are the days where only gameplay mattered. You may still only care about it, but some like me like to have more meat in their games other than gameplay alone. Simple. In that vein, GoW was indeed the best 2018 game that I've (and many others by the look of it) played, so deal with it and stop crying because a game you dont like is getting praised everywhere else and stop that elitist attitude that, somehow, makes you think you know better than everyone else

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@pc_rocks said:
@ellos said:
@Litchie said:
@pc_rocks said:

Liking is one thing and given it GOTY over several GAMES is another. I also enjoyed some crappy movies with glorious plot holes, pacing, story etc. doesn't mean it should have won GOTY. Games should have an emphasis first and foremost on gameplay not trying to imitate movies. That's what it is. Games is an active medium and hence shouldn't trade its qualities for a passive medium like movies, end of discussion.

And most people that liked it are from the TLOU, UC crowd that started playing games only in the 7th gen and so are most of the reviewers that awarded it 10/10. I mean the guys doing the GS video admitted they never played any GoW game before or even most hack n slash from the PS2 days yet the think the new GoW is better than the old ones, LMFAO. It was made for the UC/TLOU crowd, the director admitted and we all know where was the inspiration of UC/TLOU lies.

The guy above me listed games that all deserve that status more than GoW. As far as RDR 2 is concerned I never played it so I can't comment on it but based on Rockstar's prior record it's pretty fair to think that it also sucked in the gameplay dept.

Lastly, LOL at trying to defend GoW by calling not a traditional hack n slash because games like Bayonetta, DMC, Sekiro wipes the floor with it. It's further show that Sony cows has no way to defend its inferiority hence they try to hide by not calling it a hack n slash. There's nothing in GoW that makes it award worthy whatsoever from story, narrative to game play. All are disjointed from the previous entries.

Look dude I have respect for you but you know alot of f*****s in SW are inconsistency as shit. They don't stick to there so called principles. They play alot of games with shitty gameplay, shitty combat then GOW. The gameplay first people run when you put a poll here for there favorite games. The combat should be DMC esque dudes run away. Yes the game ponders to the TLOU crowd however for some of us the gameplay and combat is simply better then alot of shit. Its quite easy to see that. The TLOU stuff have there own validity you may agree with or not just as alot of shit people here will list to defend why there favorite games combat sucks. They have combat why they should not be judged even on the presence of this new GOW. You cant just keep shouting DMC at it and not see that it basically uncharted RDR2 that year. If that was its competition that was actually rated better then it. That the competition it ended up beating that people want to cry about gameplay. GOW has better gameplay then RDR2. We all have opinions in here even the games he listed have there own holes. Lets take Octopath for example is it really new Jay RPG greatness or look further and the same presentation criticism can actually be applied to it. The hd-2d trademark is more of the draw then how good of a rpg it is to its actual competition. I cant come here with my opinions and say go give nihon falcom games a run if you want deep classic jayrpgs Octopath is actually quite avarage. You may actually enjoy GOW more then it thats my opinion.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#47 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Congrats to Santa Monica and the whole team. Its well deserved and one of my favorite games of the gen.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PC_Rocks

@Vatusus said:
@pc_rocks said:
@Vatusus said:
@pc_rocks said:

No, its hardly a core hack'n'slash. You dont know wtf you're talking about. Everything else about the game you think its "bad" is nothing but your own opinion, somthing millions of people and critics alike disagree with ya.

And its GOTY of THAT year. I said it isnt the best when compared to the best games, not the best of that year. I played most of the highest scoring games of 2018, many of those you even mentioned like Hollow Knight and celeste, and yes, GoW was the best of all of em. See? I can have an opinion too

It's a hack n slash in the words of his own director. He claimed he wanted to prove others wrong that only Japanese can do proper hack n slash. He has been handed his a$$ over to him self this year with Sekiro and DMC. No amount of mental gymnastics will change that.

Millions of people and critics doesn't prove I'm wrong, just that it was popular and I already written about how these 'critics' cannot be taken seriously. There are multitude of evidence of these critics being objectively proven wrong by either not playing the games, haven't tried the mechanics or research it, click baiting.

Already written extensively on why it's a shit game and won't be doing again. There's not a single redeemable quality about the new GoW, not a single apart from presentation. It's story sucked, it's gameplay sucked, it's level design sucked, it's pacing sucked, it's enemy characters/variety sucked. Games like DMC, Sekiro will be as fun if you removed all the presentation but all those millions you talk about wouldn't bat an eye for GoW if it was stripped of its presentation. You can remove all the cutscenes from DMC 5 and it will still be a blast but GoW will fall flat on its face. All of that is true for celeste, hollow knight and dozens others that was released in 2018. GoW wasn't the best by a long shot.

No amount of mental gymnastics will change it, games are an active medium not passive and the people who try to brush aside gameplay have no leg to stand on. If you care that much about experiences over gameplay then movies are better than whatever shitty these experiences are with their shitty stories. Presentation doesn't make a 'game' good, period.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 PC_Rocks

@ellos said:
@pc_rocks said:
@ellos said:
@Litchie said:
@pc_rocks said:

Lastly, LOL at trying to defend GoW by calling not a traditional hack n slash because games like Bayonetta, DMC, Sekiro wipes the floor with it. It's further show that Sony cows has no way to defend its inferiority hence they try to hide by not calling it a hack n slash. There's nothing in GoW that makes it award worthy whatsoever from story, narrative to game play. All are disjointed from the previous entries.

Look dude I have respect for you but you know alot of f*****s in SW are inconsistency as shit. They don't stick to there so called principles. They play alot of games with shitty gameplay, shitty combat then GOW. The gameplay first people run when you put a poll here for there favorite games. The combat should be DMC esque dudes run away. Yes the game ponders to the TLOU crowd however for some of us the gameplay and combat is simply better then alot of shit. Its quite easy to see that. The TLOU stuff have there own validity you may agree with or not just as alot of shit people here will list to defend why there favorite games combat sucks. They have combat why they should not be judged even on the presence of this new GOW. You cant just keep shouting DMC at it and not see that it basically uncharted RDR2 that year. If that was its competition that was actually rated better then it. That the competition it ended up beating that people want to cry about gameplay. GOW has better gameplay then RDR2. We all have opinions in here even the games he listed have there own holes. Lets take Octopath for example is it really new Jay RPG greatness or look further and the same presentation criticism can actually be applied to it. The hd-2d trademark is more of the draw then how good of a rpg it is to its actual competition. I cant come here with my opinions and say go give nihon falcom games a run if you want deep classic jayrpgs Octopath is actually quite avarage. You may actually enjoy GOW more then it thats my opinion.

I don't know bro why you keep bringing up RDR 2 to me. I never claimed it's the best game or even said I liked it. I openly said it may be a crappy title in gameplay dept. based on Rockstars's past entries. I have no interest in trying out RDR 2 either, it just isn't for me. Same is true for Octopath, I never played it and it's not my thing. Hell JRPGs aren't my cup of tea.

I know about the hypocrites in SW, it's not to defend them however cows are also biggest hypocrites, they praise their exclusives yet hate the same crap from other companies openly. I also like games which are not that great with gameplay or that had gameplay as a second thought, yet I never call them great or treat them as the best, GOTY etc. I openly criticize their lack of gameplay. I mean I'm also guilty of just buying things to see the graphics but at the same time I'll call them out on their shortcomings. You are free to show me a post where I contradicted this belief. I enjoyed Witcher 3 yet you won't find me defending its gameplay or its GOTY status.

In short why is it so hard for to understand that we didn't like the direction GoW has taken as hack n slash fans as well as fans of previous GoWs even if we like games with similar styles in another genre. The criticism of new GoW is very valid and it's not just because we are salty hermits/sheep/lems. GoW could have been a PC exclusive and I would have said the same thing.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts

You know you’ve failed when you have to pull up a random Youtuber’s video to try and discredit a game with over 197 GOTY awards, DICE award, GDC award, and multiple BAFTA awards. ? How low will butthurt fanboys go to discredit 2018’s overwhelming GOTY?

Not saying GOW has to be everyone’s favorite GOTY pick from last year but when you have a game like it winning overwhelmingly it’s useless to use random no-name Youtubers to discredit it. All the publications and even devs voting for GOW as their GOTY carry infintely more weight than random fanboy Youtubers. It’s better to use your own informed opinion to discredit it than relying on randos on YT.