German Site Lists A PS3 Diablo 3 Night Before E3

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

psycheese657

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 psycheese657
Member since 2009 • 217 Posts
Diablo III on PS3? These Germans Certainly Think So. So, think this is a bogus story/mistake or could the PS3(or any console) get Diablo in the future?
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
properly linked for u http://kotaku.com/5915397/diablo-iii-on-ps3-these-germans-certainly-think-so Also if true... lol for 360 for not getting it..
psycheese657

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 psycheese657
Member since 2009 • 217 Posts
[QUOTE="campzor"]properly linked for u http://kotaku.com/5915397/diablo-iii-on-ps3-these-germans-certainly-think-so Also if true... lol for 360 for not getting it..

Thanks but right after i submitted I realized i screwed it up n fixed it. Would really love to see it go to console!
EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

Bogus

DarkOfKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DarkOfKnight
Member since 2011 • 2543 Posts
[QUOTE="campzor"]properly linked for u http://kotaku.com/5915397/diablo-iii-on-ps3-these-germans-certainly-think-so Also if true... lol for 360 for not getting it..

More like LOL at PC for losing it.
GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Unlikely. Can't see Blizzard giving any of their money to Sony (or M$ for that matter) and they certainly will not let anyone get a slice of their auction house

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#7 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Sony, if you pull this off, you win many people's E3.
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkOfKnight"][QUOTE="campzor"]properly linked for u http://kotaku.com/5915397/diablo-iii-on-ps3-these-germans-certainly-think-so Also if true... lol for 360 for not getting it..

More like, good riddance. Boring as hell. However, how in the name of the Flying Spaghetti Monster could you play a ranged class with a gamepad?
DarkOfKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DarkOfKnight
Member since 2011 • 2543 Posts
[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"][QUOTE="DarkOfKnight"][QUOTE="campzor"]properly linked for u http://kotaku.com/5915397/diablo-iii-on-ps3-these-germans-certainly-think-so Also if true... lol for 360 for not getting it..

More like, good riddance. Boring as hell. However, how in the name of the Flying Spaghetti Monster could you play a ranged class with a gamepad?

Buy an adapter and use a mouse?
spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts

This game needs a lot of work, I have never tried to convince my self more that I was having fun playing it. If this came to consoles I wouldn't buy it. I already wasted money on it once.

spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 spinecaton

[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"][QUOTE="DarkOfKnight"] More like LOL at PC for losing it.DarkOfKnight

Left trigger - left mouse, right trigger - right mouse

4 face buttons would be your skills

one of the bumpers would be your potion

You would move with joysticks

Seems pretty easy to me.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkOfKnight"][QUOTE="Inconsistancy"] More like, good riddance. Boring as hell. However, how in the name of the Flying Spaghetti Monster could you play a ranged class with a gamepad?spinecaton

Seems pretty easy to me.

There's 7 (including potion) skills, and either way they could just copy DS3's control scheme.

MrJack3690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MrJack3690
Member since 2004 • 2227 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkOfKnight"][QUOTE="Inconsistancy"] More like, good riddance. Boring as hell. However, how in the name of the Flying Spaghetti Monster could you play a ranged class with a gamepad?spinecaton

Seems pretty easy to me.

Yeah but it's a point and click, pretty hard to be accurate with aiming spells, picking up loot, etc without a mouse.

It wouldn't play well on a gamepad I wouldn't think, would be interesting to see how they would do it though. But if it did come to PS3 with KB + Mouse support, I can easily see it working. :P

Great game, loving it still.

spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 spinecaton

Yeah but it's a point and click, pretty hard to be accurate with aiming spells, picking up loot, etc without a mouse.

It wouldn't play well on a gamepad I wouldn't think, would be interesting to see how they would do it though. But if it did come to PS3 with KB + Mouse support, I can easily see it working. :P

MrJack3690

Right joystick to switch targets or face towards the target :P, not saying it will be anywhere close to keyboard and mouse but it could be done if they tried. It worked with Torchlight.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Inconsistancy

Seems pretty easy to me.

-.- That's not the part that would be annoying, it would be the movement then attacking intermittently (kiting) and dropping things in specific locations while moving. Moving a cursor with a gamepad is extremely clumsy.

Maybe it is doable, but I've never experienced it myself, and it seems like it'd feel terrible.

Strutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Strutten
Member since 2008 • 1263 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkOfKnight"][QUOTE="campzor"]properly linked for u http://kotaku.com/5915397/diablo-iii-on-ps3-these-germans-certainly-think-so Also if true... lol for 360 for not getting it..Inconsistancy

piece of cake, look at sacred 2

MrJack3690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MrJack3690
Member since 2004 • 2227 Posts

[QUOTE="MrJack3690"]

spinecaton

Right joystick to switch targets or face towards the target :P, not saying it will be anywhere close to keyboard and mouse but it could be done if they tried. It worked with Torchlight.

Is there a demo for Torchlight on the Live marketplace? I really wanted to try it on the 360 to see how it played but didn't want to buy it again. :P

SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

If this is true, Sony wins E3. I'd be first in line to have both copies of PC and PS3. Since my laptop is in for repair right now it would be MIGHTY handy to have a PS3 copy!

Easyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Easyle
Member since 2010 • 2034 Posts
PS3 could finally find a use for its mouse and keyboard support outside of Unreal Tournament 3.
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts

Unlikely. Can't see Blizzard giving any of their money to Sony (or M$ for that matter) and they certainly will not let anyone get a slice of their auction house

GarGx1
It's called activision-blizzad now right?
spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 spinecaton

Is there a demo for Torchlight on the Live marketplace? I really wanted to try it on the 360 to see how it played but didn't want to buy it again. :P

MrJack3690

Yeah there should be a trial under xbox arcade

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
A warning for you... D3 is a fantastic singple player experience ONLY if you are diablo fan. If you are not and expecting something BIG youll get dissapointed. Also , after 2 60s and more than 160hours in game i can clearly say that D3 is a frustrating and bad online experience for too many reasons. Even if comes to PS3 , i advice you to make a search of 2 before you spend your shiny 60 dollars. Multiplayer experience is BAD and single player one isnt something to wow if youre not diablo fan. Good addition to Ps3 library if its true , its diablo anyways but... Dont get so excited. Thats a warning from a Diablo veteran and a hermit.
gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts
As long as it's not always online then I'm fine with it.
SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

A warning for you... D3 is a fantastic singple player experience ONLY if you are diablo fan. If you are not and expecting something BIG youll get dissapointed. Also , after 2 60s and more than 160hours in game i can clearly say that D3 is a frustrating and bad online experience for too many reasons. Even if comes to PS3 , i advice you to make a search of 2 before you spend your shiny 60 dollars. Multiplayer experience is BAD and single player one isnt something to wow if youre not diablo fan. Good addition to Ps3 library if its true , its diablo anyways but... Dont get so excited. Thats a warning from a Diablo veteran and a hermit.AzatiS

The problem with your arguement is even though the game has some iffy features (bad lag, lots of maintenance,) its still so damn good and so damn addicting that its worth the 60 bucks regardless. Like you said already, it has all these 'dissapointments' but you STILL put 160 hours into it. Do you have any idea how many people dish out 60 bucks for a 10-20-30 hour game? Now imagine how many hours someone who doesnt give 2 **** about those dissapointments would put into the game. I'm 100+ hours into it so far btw and while its had its issues, it has been getting better and better since launch. Over 6 million copies sold, something must be right.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

well, there have been diablo games on console before, It has never been a possability that was outside the realm of possibility.

But time will tell I suppose ^^

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

Consolites are dreaming if they think Diablo 3 is coming to consoles any time soon.

This is BLIZZARD we're talking about.

If it comes out, it'll be like end of 2013, earliest.

And by then, anyone who was going to buy the game would have bought it anyway.

The game sold over 6.5 million units in the first week. Just how large an untapped market will there be a year from now?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
I dont think it will come to consoles anytime soon, but I don't care either way.
Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kinthalis

Diablo3 "better with kinect".

Lol.

Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkOfKnight"][QUOTE="campzor"]properly linked for u http://kotaku.com/5915397/diablo-iii-on-ps3-these-germans-certainly-think-so Also if true... lol for 360 for not getting it..

Losing what? Diablo was on PS1. In any case you don't "lose" games. Your ability to play Diablo III on pc wouldn't suddenly cease if it was announced on another platform.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Diablo on gamepad is easy.

Just use the same control scheme as Alien Breed.

Right stick aim

Left stick move

Bumpers camera

Right trigger - attack

Left trigger - stay in place

Then use buttons for potions and stuff

Boom, easy

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Kinthalis

[QUOTE="DarkOfKnight"][QUOTE="campzor"]properly linked for u http://kotaku.com/5915397/diablo-iii-on-ps3-these-germans-certainly-think-so Also if true... lol for 360 for not getting it..carlisledavid79

Losing what? Diablo was on PS1. In any case you don't "lose" games. Your ability to play Diablo III on pc wouldn't suddenly cease if it was announced on another platform.

Pay no nevermind to him. He's a consolite, and consolites are obsessed with exclusives. It's all they got to talk about.

Nevermind that next gen, exclusives will be a rare thing. Basiclaly first party games. EVERYONE is going multiplat because thats what gets you the most return on investment.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#32 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

I never understood why Blizzard didn't make Diablo 3 multiplat in the first place. It's one of the few big PC exclusives that could translate well onto consoles and fairly easily at that. It's not visually demanding and the gameplay is simplistic enough. Blizzard cheated themselves out of millions of sales.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ZombieKiller7

I never understood why Blizzard didn't make Diablo 3 multiplat in the first place. It's one of the few big PC exclusives that could translate onto consoles fairly easily. It's not visually demanding and the gameplay is simplistic enough. Blizzard cheated themselves out of millions of sales.

Master_ShakeXXX

They want to control the DRM scheme.

If they go multiplat they have to give up DRM to XBL/PSN.

Same reason it's not sold on Steam ya dig.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ZombieKiller7

Lol.

Kinthalis

hahahaha

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#35 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

I never understood why Blizzard didn't make Diablo 3 multiplat in the first place. It's one of the few big PC exclusives that could translate onto consoles fairly easily. It's not visually demanding and the gameplay is simplistic enough. Blizzard cheated themselves out of millions of sales.

ZombieKiller7

They could go the online pass route for consoles. :D

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Inconsistancy

[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

Lol.

ZombieKiller7

hahahaha

Worked with SC2! :P
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ZombieKiller7

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Master_ShakeXXX

They could go the online pass route for consoles. :D

They could do alot of things but they would have to give up total control of distribution.

Getting a game onto XBL/PSN (or Steam for that matter) involves a very rigid set of terms.

Why you think EA made Origin instead of just putting their games on Steam.

Because they had a disagreement about the terms.

Diablo 3 has a chance to come to PSN because it's much more flexible and willing to give easy terms.

XBL are hardasses.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#38 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

After playing Diablo 3, I can say with 100% certainty that the game will not work on consoles at all. The skill system is built for a mouse. It would require an extensive reworking of the entire skill system as well as looting system and inventory system.

In sort, it's not happening. If Diablo makes it to the consoles it will be a console specific version, not a port of Diablo 3.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Kinthalis

I never understood why Blizzard didn't make Diablo 3 multiplat in the first place. It's one of the few big PC exclusives that could translate well onto consoles and fairly easily at that. It's not visually demanding and the gameplay is simplistic enough. Blizzard cheated themselves out of millions of sales.

Master_ShakeXXX

I'm sure they are crying into their golden handkerchiefs, specially after getting the terrible news that they sold over 6.5 million units in a week, NOT counting severla Asian terrotories where the game is incredibly popular.

Seriously. They didn't loose jack all. Anyone interested in playing Diablo 3 almost certianly can do so. You don't need a lot of hardware muscle to play the game. The game will easily sell over 10 million in a year. Just how many more people woudl have bought it if it went to console? A million more?

Given that they have COMPLETE control of the game on PC, and NONE on consoles, and given how successful they have been on PC, I really don't see the need to go multi-plat fo rthem.

I do think they will.... eventually. But it'll be a cheap port to rake in a million more sales from consolites.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kinthalis

After playing Diablo 3, I can say with 100% certainty that the game will not work on consoles at all. The skill system is built for a mouse. It would require an extensive reworking of the entire skill system as well as looting system and inventory system.

In sort, it's not happening. If Diablo makes it to the consoles it will be a console specific version, not a port of Diablo 3.

Wasdie

Or in other words, what he said.

It won't be a direct port. It'll be a console specific version (read, dumbed down).

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ZombieKiller7

Low system requirements = multiplat

Who doesn't own a computer in 2012?

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"][QUOTE="DarkOfKnight"][QUOTE="campzor"]properly linked for u http://kotaku.com/5915397/diablo-iii-on-ps3-these-germans-certainly-think-so Also if true... lol for 360 for not getting it..

You'd have to...actually...AIM....
WarTornRuston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 WarTornRuston
Member since 2011 • 2712 Posts

Will the PS3 version actually work at launch?

If the 360 does not get it you can thank Microsoft for consistant sick moves about how XBL should be used. But I cannot see this not coming to the 360 if the PS3 gets it.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
eh.................. watever, I dont think there is an audience for it on the Trey, but more games never hurt
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Wasdie  Moderator

ZombieKiller7

Not at all.

Tribes Ascend has low system requirements, LoL and DotA 2 have low system requirements, WoW has low system requirements. Your argument is so flawed I think my IQ has dropped by reading it.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Wasdie  Moderator

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Kinthalis

Or in other words, what he said.

It won't be a direct port. It'll be a console specific version (read, dumbed down).

I wouldn't say dumed down, I would just say different. You can't dumb down Diablo style gameplay any further. They just need to rework the skills so that they work with an analog stick. That wouldn't be that difficult if you build the game with a controller in mind.

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BibiMaghoo
Member since 2009 • 4018 Posts
Didn't Blizzard say a while back they thought D3 worked really great on a controller? I am pretty sure they did.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ZombieKiller7

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

Wasdie

Not at all.

Tribes Ascend has low system requirements, LoL and DotA 2 have low system requirements, WoW has low system requirements. Your argument is so flawed I think my IQ has dropped by reading it.

What I mean is you can play some of those games on a machine you would already own whether or not you were playing games.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Wasdie  Moderator

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

ZombieKiller7

Not at all.

What I mean is you can play some of those games on a machine you would already own whether or not you were playing games.

How does that equate to "Low system requirements = multiplat"?

For the record, a lot of new PC's today cannot run even basic games. They've ditched the dedicated GPU in favor of APUs to save battery life and bring the price down.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Inconsistancy

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Not at all.

Wasdie

How does that equate to "Low system requirements = multiplat"?

For the record, a lot of new PC's today cannot run even basic games. They've ditched the dedicated GPU in favor of APUs to save battery life and bring the price down.

AMD APU's can play real games fairly('least the better-end ones), it's the dominance of Intel that's been holding everything back.