Gears of War 3 dedicated servers confirmed.

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#51 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

[QUOTE="psn8214"]

[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]

As much as I want this to be true, it looks like Mark Rein was misquoted :(:

Mark Rein was misquoted. We have not announced dedicated servers.

Maybe they'll officially announce it later on?

siddhu33

That's a shame. More devs should step up to the plate and include dedicated servers - it really extends the longevity of the online portion (and as such, the consumer's willingness to pay for DLC - something you'd think devs would have realized by now).

Dedicated Servers are not so important, if the netcode is improved...

Heck, look at the Halo;Reach beta!

That was pretty smooth (for a Beta), and was comparable with dedicated servers, and verystreamlined.

If Epic can do a job like Bungie (And have a BETA!!!), then dedicated servers may not matter as much.

Reach still has small host advantage type stuff that isn't noticeable right away. Alot of it will show up though in small instances specifically with double melees and more important Team Swat.
ducati101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 ducati101
Member since 2004 • 1741 Posts

[QUOTE="ducati101"][QUOTE="heretrix"]Did you just wake up from a deep sleep or something?

fastr

I meant in the sense that, you get a lot of console fanboys writing all this negative stuff about PC gaming yet the consoles are kinda following the PC mould. Back to your question, yes i was hibernating. :)

Except the consoles are taking the good things, and leaving all the annoying PC stuff behind. ;) a launch 360 can still play a 360 game that comes out in 4 years, with dedicated servers or not, can't say that about a pc :P

Uhhhh, yes u can. You just need to know a little about your machine. My cousins PC is over 4 years old yet it can produce better visuals than either console. He is not even thinking of upgrading yet.

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
Fantastic news. I love Gears of War when it isn't lagging. So stoked.
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
Best thing I've heard about Gears of War 3 so far. I love love love the multiplayer in the previous Gears games, but I get the most horrible lag ever sometimes.
fastr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 fastr
Member since 2010 • 2100 Posts

[QUOTE="fastr"][QUOTE="ducati101"] I meant in the sense that, you get a lot of console fanboys writing all this negative stuff about PC gaming yet the consoles are kinda following the PC mould. Back to your question, yes i was hibernating. :)ducati101

Except the consoles are taking the good things, and leaving all the annoying PC stuff behind. ;) a launch 360 can still play a 360 game that comes out in 4 years, with dedicated servers or not, can't say that about a pc :P

Uhhhh, yes u can. You just need to know a little about your machine. My cousins PC is over 4 years old yet it can produce better visuals than either console. He is not even thinking of upgrading yet.

Sure, how much did that PC cost huh? and you think it'll last another 4-5 years? I doubt it, or your cousin spend a couple grand on it.
Punjabiking101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 Punjabiking101
Member since 2008 • 1577 Posts

:), Finally epic is going somewhere, I play gears the most out of any of my games and I can say the Lag, Host, and Glitching really screw it up from the great game it could have been.

Punjabiking101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 Punjabiking101
Member since 2008 • 1577 Posts
Wow who cares, Gears has always sucked online, Gears 2 was probably the biggest failure of a successfull games online ever. Gears 3 even without lag will have lame unbalanced uninspired online.TehNubTuber
LOL Wut? :lol:
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts
That's great news, but quick question am I the only one looking forward to SP more so than online play? I totally sucked at GeoW2 online, so that's why :P