Gamespot GTA 5 second opinion review 8/10

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11281 Posts

And people though this game could surpass MGS4 as the best game of the gen :P

I bet if GTAIV got a second review it would get a 3/10

DefJeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 DefJeff
Member since 2010 • 27 Posts

If nothing else, these "second opinions" show that we place too much value on scores.

KellyKelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 KellyKelly
Member since 2013 • 386 Posts

LOL

TLOU game of the gen confirmed by Amazon, by System Wars

And soon by Gamespot themselves as well.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

It was disappointing, yes. I really enjoyed it though.

The multiplayer is tons of fun.

B-apples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55 B-apples
Member since 2013 • 72 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

I'd love to see a second opinion of MGS4... all these years later it's baffling how it got over an 8 let alone a 10.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@MrYaotubo said:

@Cranler said:

@MrYaotubo said:

Review

Fair score I´d say,and it goes a lot more in tune with the score average of the SP(9) and MP(7) portions.

So if GTA V was sp only then you think it should deserve a 9? If we start lowering scores for weak mp then we need to start penalizing games like Sleeping Dogs and JC 2 for having no mp.

It´s a matter of consistency,the game should have been reviewed when the MP was available and not before like many did,and the MP itself should matter for the review in a positive or negative light since it´s part of the game,just in the same way that Battlefield 3 got heavily criticised by it´s SP content even though it´s a MP focused game and most people even argued that the SP was one of the reasons so many reviews were lower than expected,wich is accurate since quite a few of them mention that very fact. Also,the fact that Arma 3 is know to be a MP game didn´t stop plenty of reviewers from docking it for not having the SP portion available at launch,something that oddly enough pretty much none of the major reviewers even mention as a negative for GTA V.

Well then, thats all fine and good but then reviewers need to begin penalizing sp only games. If two games have equally good sp but one has no mp and the other has mediocre mp it would be insane for the game with mp to get a lower score.

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

@DefJeff said:

If nothing else, these "second opinions" show that we place too much value on scores.

The only thing these second opinion reviews are doing is stirring up arguments in the gamespot community rather than showing the staff care about games for what they are.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58  Edited By deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@Cranler said:

@Nuck81 said:

There are better open world Sandbox games out there.

Just off the top of my head I liked RDR, Just Cause 2, and Sleeping Dogs better.

GTAV online is a travesty, boring, no fun, and repetitive.

JC 2 is a lifeless, copy and paste world with ai thats as bad as last gen GTA's. The lifeless and bad ai can be said for Sleeping Dogs as well. Both of those games are way more repetitive and neither even have a mp mode. RDR is great but driving cars is much more fun for me than riding horses.

What multiplayer game isnt repetitive?

JC2 is a much better, do what you want, mess around Sandbox game. There is greater variety in the Environment, more varied side activities, more creative physics and attaching various things with the wire and seeing how they react is always interesting. It's biggest flaw is that in the end game the second you do anything you are lambasted by massive amounts of Heat, leaving you in constant run for your life mode.

Sleeping Dogs Story is much better than GTA's. The vehicles handle better, the combat is better, and the game flows a lot better. It's biggest downfall is it is too short, and there is hardly an end game.

GTAV is frustrating, because there is little incentive for you to engage in any activity since there is such little reward. You don't even make money from half the heists you pull, which are the entire hook of the game. It constantly hand holds you during the good parts, and then you're left looking around, wondering what's worth it to try and do next. Overrated.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@Nuck81 said:

@Cranler said:

@Nuck81 said:

Just off the top of my head I liked RDR, Just Cause 2, and Sleeping Dogs better.

JC 2 is a lifeless, copy and paste world with ai thats as bad as last gen GTA's. The lifeless and bad ai can be said for Sleeping Dogs as well. Both of those games are way more repetitive and neither even have a mp mode. RDR is great but driving cars is much more fun for me than riding horses.

JC2 is a much better, do what you want, mess around Sandbox game. There is greater variety in the Environment, more varied side activities, more creative physics and attaching various things with the wire and seeing how they react is always interesting. It's biggest flaw is that in the end game the second you do anything you are lambasted by massive amounts of Heat, leaving you in constant run for your life mode.

Sleeping Dogs Story is much better than GTA's. The vehicles handle better, the combat is better, and the game flows a lot better. It's biggest downfall is it is too short, and there is hardly an end game.

GTAV is frustrating, because there is little incentive for you to engage in any activity since there is such little reward. You don't even make money from half the heists you pull, which are the entire hook of the game. It constantly hand holds you during the good parts, and then you're left looking around, wondering what's worth it to try and do next. Overrated.

JC 2 is like GTA V halfway through development. Every mission is the same and almost every main mission has the production values of a side activity in GTA V. It's biggest flaws are the awful ai and complete lack of personality.

Story is subjective. How exactly do the vehicles handle better? I find driving to be much more fun in GTA V. The only thing it does better is hand to hand combat but. GTA V does everything else better.

So a game is only fun if theres a reward? Afaik theres only one heist with no reward. I thought the hook of GTA was being the most advanced open world game.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#60 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

This site has zero credibility. :)

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 princeofshapeir

@Mozelleple112 said:

MGS4 is trash of the gen.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

oh man.

did I not call this?

witcher 3 will be utter crap too

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By princeofshapeir

@Cranler said:

@Nuck81 said:

@Cranler said:

@Nuck81 said:

JC 2 is like GTA V halfway through development. Every mission is the same and almost every main mission has the production values of a side activity in GTA V. It's biggest flaws are the awful ai and complete lack of personality.

Story is subjective. How exactly do the vehicles handle better? I find driving to be much more fun in GTA V. The only thing it does better is hand to hand combat but. GTA V does everything else better.

So a game is only fun if theres a reward? Afaik theres only one heist with no reward. I thought the hook of GTA was being the most advanced open world game.

Only rabid hermits will insist C-quality games like Sleeping Dogs and JC2 hold a candle to V.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@kellykelly said:

LOL

TLOU game of the gen confirmed by Amazon, by System Wars

And soon by Gamespot themselves as well.

Should add Flop Of The Gen as well

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts

@drinkerofjuice said:

@SKaREO said:

@drinkerofjuice said:

Honestly, all things considered, an 8 is just about the right score for the game. It's damn good fun, but Rockstar seriously underdeveloped on some highly intriguing gameplay features.

What a load of bullshit. Underdeveloped? GTA 5? Please tell me you're being sarcastic because this is a ridiculous comment.

Deep sea diving? Wasted potential. Heist planning? Disappointingly straightforward. Hunting? Several steps back compared to Red Dead Redemption. Property ownership/management? Vice City did this better, and it was made more than a decade ago.

Underdeveloped, like I said.

What a horrible opinion you have. Go back to your trash games if that's how you feel, I'll continue to play GTA5 because I can actually appreciate the game for what it is, and that's mind-busting fun.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Oh boy, fans will be raging at this.

Also, I would like to see MGS4's second opinion.