Games13: Forza 5 live 1080P footage. Wonderful particles,models and lighting!

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts
Here you go:
Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts
no ones saying it looks terrible. its just not giving that "next gen" feeling with the environments i feel. itll probably be a high scoring game though!
ManInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ManInFlames
Member since 2013 • 434 Posts
Why not post this in the 100 other threads you've made?
Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

There's nothing wonderful about that baked lighting, bro.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
[QUOTE="Ribnarak"]no ones saying it looks terrible. its just not giving that "next gen" feeling with the environments i feel. itll probably be a high scoring game though!

Good job at not defining what your idea of ""next gen"" environments are.
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

Looks really nice as expected. I still stand that it doesn't look much better than Forza 4 though, the console and team is clearly capable of so much more, this game has been rushed from what I can see.

Consternated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Consternated
Member since 2013 • 848 Posts

Looks really nice as expected. I still stand that it doesn't look much better than Forza 4 though, the console and team is clearly capable of so much more, this game has been rushed from what I can see.

_Matt_

Rushed is an understatement. Forza 6 should be quite the game, though.

ultrapc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ultrapc
Member since 2010 • 808 Posts

I was there in the event in Dubai . the guy says that the game looks incredible but only when it comes to car models , environemnt and track textures are underwhelming , however the game is really smooth at 60fps , he also commented on the rumble function of the controller , feels like you're driving a real car . The event was great , Sony gave away 2 PS vitas and 2 PS4 the winners will collect once it's out . Let me know if you want any feedback on any of the consoles , i got to play with both . 

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

no ones saying it looks terrible. its just not giving that "next gen" feeling with the environments i feel. itll probably be a high scoring game though!Ribnarak

To be fair in each generational change, most of this "next games" struggle with having that feel early on. So far and IMO, MGSV is the only game that has that "next gen" feeling.

With that being said, it looks like the same Forza as always...but prettier.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 madsnakehhh

I was there in the event in Dubai . the guy says that the game looks incredible but only when it comes to car models , environemnt and track textures are underwhelming , however the game is really smooth at 60fps , he also commented on the rumble function of the controller , feels like you're driving a real car . The event was great , Sony gave away 2 PS vitas and 2 PS4 the winners will collect once it's out . Let me know if you want any feedback on any of the consoles , i got to play with both . 

ultrapc

How are the controllers for both consoles?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Looks pretty good. I think he was saying how the terrain textures are going to get updated before the launch and they would increase the AA a bit. 

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jakandsigz

ultrapc
He said they are impressive but not a huge leap, not underwhelming.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts
Hate the stupid bloom games use these days at 2:15, why would i want to be blinded in a video game?
ultrapc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ultrapc

[QUOTE="ultrapc"]

madsnakehhh

I was really impressed with the PS4 controller , it felt like a huge improvement over the DS3 , it felt much more substantial in the hand compared to the DS3 which felt like a toy , and the triggers and buttons felt "tighter" and had better response , I'm not sure if i like the touch pad though . as for the X1 controller , the same can be said for it , felt great in the hand , pretty much the same as the previous one but the D-pad is A LOT better this time around , also the rumble feature with Forza is awesome ! as for the games , they had Forza , Ryse and killer instinct . PS had knack , assassins creed , killzone, drive club and some other ps3 and vita games .
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 madsnakehhh

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

[QUOTE="ultrapc"]

ultrapc

I was really impressed with the PS4 controller , it felt like a huge improvement over the DS3 , it felt much more substantial in the hand compared to the DS3 which felt like a toy , and the triggers and buttons felt "tighter" and had better response , I'm not sure if i like the touch pad though . as for the X1 controller , the same can be said for it , felt great in the hand , pretty much the same as the previous one but the D-pad is A LOT better this time around , also the rumble feature with Forza is awesome ! as for the games , they had Forza , Ryse and killer instinct . PS had knack , assassins creed , killzone, drive club and some other ps3 and vita games .

I'm not that interested in the X1 but if they fixed their horrible D-Pad is definitely a nice change.

As for the PS4, i liked the DS3, but the triggers were pretty meh, specially the R2 and L2 (they felt pretty terrible as time went by) so is nice to see an improvement on this.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts
Hate the stupid bloom games use these days at 2:15, why would i want to be blinded in a video game?hoosier7
Same here but it isn't as bad as Killzones
ultrapc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ultrapc

[QUOTE="ultrapc"][QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

madsnakehhh

I'm not that interested in the X1 but if they fixed their horrible D-Pad is definitely a nice change.

As for the PS4, i liked the DS3, but the triggers were pretty meh, specially the R2 and L2 (they felt pretty terrible as time went by) so is nice to see an improvement on this.

Yes , trust me the triggers are much better this time around . also , the LED bar changed color in killzone during the game .

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

Played it yesterday. Really excellent. 

It mostly looks like a very polished Forza 4, however there are some next gen touches like with paintwork under lights. However I never noticed this until yesterday when I was actually using a machine - I think compression washes it out. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts
[QUOTE="hoosier7"]Hate the stupid bloom games use these days at 2:15, why would i want to be blinded in a video game?XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Killzone's is as bad as most modern games, at that point in Forza you're literally blinded...
marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

Looks good, but seriously how long before they fix the broken lighting on the brake discs and inside the rims? they've had this problem for as long as i can remember, and i assume it's the same problem that's stopping them put night/day lighting in the game, i mean wtf is going on at 4:08, it's like someones shining a torch into the wheel arch :? it really ruins the photorealism.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

Looks good, but seriously how long before they fix the broken lighting on the brake discs and inside the tyres? they've had this problem for as long as i can remember, and i assume it's the same problem that's stopping them put night/day lighting in the game, i mean wtf is going on at 4:08, it's like someones shining a torch into the wheel arch :?

marklarmer

lol

Look at the brake disc in all it's glory! It is pretty bright. 

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

Why not post this in the 100 other threads you've made?ManInFlames

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

The enviroments and some of the textures could be better, everything else really looks nice.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

Forza just had a massive upgrade!

irz5XL8gj7UVv.png

oh wait ,thats forza 4 :lol:

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

Ryse > Forza. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

Simply Gorgeous, really. In all its 1080p glory :D

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

irz5XL8gj7UVv.png

killzowned24

Ew the environemnt looks awful. There are cardboard cut out trees in the bottom pic :?

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts
[QUOTE="XxR3m1xInHDn3D"][QUOTE="hoosier7"]Hate the stupid bloom games use these days at 2:15, why would i want to be blinded in a video game?hoosier7

Killzone's is as bad as most modern games, at that point in Forza you're literally blinded...

After 1 lap you will know exactly when it's gonna happen whereas in Killzone you will randomly get blinded in the multiplayer and it will get frustrating
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Doesn't look "next gen" to me.
FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Obviously_Right
Do you even know what baked lighting is? Please tell me if you think it is so bad.
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
PGR3 was soooo much more impressive for its time than this... i can't even tell if that's x1 or 360
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
PGR3 was soooo much more impressive for its time than this... i can't even tell if that's x1 or 360silversix_
Agreed, PGR3 was awe inspiring, this is just, eh.
o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts

irz5XL8gj7UVv.png

killzowned24
Can't really make a judgement on which is which... is this a joke post? or are they actually two different games (if you ignore the GUI) they look near identical. Top one looks to have the better environment, but the bottom car looks to be slightly crisper. I'll guess that top one is forza 5? Just going by the fact the top curb looks more detailed.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

Obviously_Right

X1's superior memory write leads to faster procedural generation.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/08/22/new-cryengine-drops-number-for-fourth-iteration-shows-appropriately-spangly-video/

This demo CryEngine 4 demo focused on procedural weather.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts
You said you played both so my question for you is overall would you rate Driveclub graphically better? Which one had the better handling? Thank you!
danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts
[QUOTE="Ribnarak"]no ones saying it looks terrible. its just not giving that "next gen" feeling with the environments i feel. itll probably be a high scoring game though!

I feel the exact same way. I am certain this game will do well and be amazing and all that. But when I look at gameplay I really feel underwhelmed. It just reeks of 'Last Gen' visually. The environments almost give off an empty feel. I think that part of it is that the game looks so clean that it almost comes off as sterile, which is not a description they should want.
iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#37 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts
[QUOTE="killzowned24"]

irz5XL8gj7UVv.png

o0squishy0o
Can't really make a judgement on which is which... is this a joke post? or are they actually two different games (if you ignore the GUI) they look near identical. Top one looks to have the better environment, but the bottom car looks to be slightly crisper. I'll guess that top one is forza 5? Just going by the fact the top curb looks more detailed.

Top is 4, bottom is 5. 4 definitely had better environments. It's sad this is being rushed, but I think 6 will be what 5 should be. I wonder if the Forza 5 grab is from an eariler build.
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts
[QUOTE="killzowned24"]

irz5XL8gj7UVv.png

o0squishy0o

Look at the resolution, and the curb isn't more detailed on top, that's motion blur in the bottom picture.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

the enviroments are so bland and i was waiting these "wonderful particles and lighting" all video

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

ultrapc
You're full of it.
XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

ultrapc
I really dislike liars, ya.
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
The game looks beautiful and since it is Turn 10 I know it will be amazing gameplay also.
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 killzowned24

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]

irz5XL8gj7UVv.png

o0squishy0o

:D The top is forza 4 :lol:

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jakandsigz

[QUOTE="o0squishy0o"][QUOTE="killzowned24"]

irz5XL8gj7UVv.png

killzowned24

No it's not. Show me gameplay footage with those trees.
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 killzowned24

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]

[QUOTE="o0squishy0o"] Can't really make a judgement on which is which... is this a joke post? or are they actually two different games (if you ignore the GUI) they look near identical. Top one looks to have the better environment, but the bottom car looks to be slightly crisper. I'll guess that top one is forza 5? Just going by the fact the top curb looks more detailed.Jakandsigz

So bad lems can't believe it :lol:

@ 1:20 for same spot

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

the enviroments are so bland and i was waiting these "wonderful particles and lighting" all video

Krelian-co
i agree im a graphics whore and felt the dissapointment but then again Gran Turismo 7 for PS4 with PS3 car models does sounds even more disgusting
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jakandsigz

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"][QUOTE="killzowned24"]

killzowned24

Not only is the pic not at 1:20, or the fact this is early F5 footages that is not recent, but you really are going to tell me that excessive glowing in the road at the start of the video on Forza 4 with those cardboard poles is better than the Forza 5 version? You failed all around here.
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 killzowned24

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"] No it's not. Show me gameplay footage with those trees.Jakandsigz

Not only is the pic not at 1:20, or the fact this is early F5 footages that is not recent, but you really are going to tell me that excessive glowing in the road at the start of the video on Forza 4 with those cardboard poles is better than the Forza 5 version? You failed all around here.

lol, the turn is coming up watch like 3seconds longer. Also the forza 5 sceenshot is from the most recent released video and the ONLY direct feed they have given out yet :lol:

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jakandsigz

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"][QUOTE="killzowned24"] So bad lems can't believe it :lol:

killzowned24

lol, the turn is coming up watch like 3seconds longer. Also the forza 5 sceenshot is from the most recent released video and the ONLY direct feed they have given out yet :lol:

I made a thread with direct feed shots after this. Way after. Also nothing at !:20, troll cows can't tell time?