Games That Made You Tear Up This Year?

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Yeah, a lot of "dur this hur this year" threads from me, but 2015 is closing in, so we might as well milk this cow. So, this could contain spoilers, so be cool. Or not. **** it. I don't care that much.

For me(the most important person ever made):
Valiant Hearts. Especially the ending. Even the way they pop the achievements is just..

My 2nd pick goes to AC4: Black Flag.
"So fill me the parting glass, Good night and joy be with you all."

I'm sure there's more, but I don't want to hog it all.

AND I KNOW AC4 IS A 2013 GAME, but I finished it in 2014. It's okay to list games that aren't from this year. We don't spend 2014, playing only 2014 games.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

Yeah definitely Valiant Hearts... and Walking Dead Season 2.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

There were games this year?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 freedomfreak
@finalstar2007 said:

For people owning more than just a PS4.

NO HE DIDN'T

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Shit across the board, this year was.

And that made me cry.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

I play manly man games made for manly man. Crying is no part of those games. All they are about is shooting people in the face and rescuing damsels in distress.

Valiant Hearts had a very sad ending indeed. You really felt for all the characters at the end, and it showed that the war had a huge impact on all the people involved. Really nicely portrayed.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By freedomfreak
@hrt_rulz01 said:

I prefer season one, but season 2 had some tough moments, that's for damn sure. Nice to see some Valiant Hearts love!

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 freedomfreak
@R4gn4r0k said:

I play manly man games made for manly man. Crying is no part of those games. All they are about is shooting people in the face and rescuing damsels in distress.

Valiant Hearts had a very sad ending indeed. You really felt for all the characters at the end, and it showed that the war had a huge impact on all the people involved. Really nicely portrayed.

Exactly. And I didn't expect the ending to turn out like that. It was really rough. At least we got to play as a Belgian lady. Even though she was French-Belgian >.>

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#9  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Persona 4 Golden.

This answer never changes.

@finalstar2007 said:

If you owned more than just PlayStaton, this year was a treasure trove of great games.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

Is persona 4 any good? It always looked pretty bad to me with it's anime influence.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 R4gn4r0k

@freedomfreak said:

@finalstar2007 said:

For people owning more than just a PS4.

NO HE DIDN'T

TBH I really can't see how this is a bad year, unless you only stuck to one system and even then... barely bought any games for that.

I bought and played a ton of games this year and eventhough I wanted to turn it around, my backlog only got bigger.

Wolfenstein, Luftrausers, DKC, Mario Kart, Shadow of Mordor, Company of Heroes, Dead Rising, Ground Zeroes, ... This year was great. I had a ton of fun.

@freedomfreak said:

Exactly. And I didn't expect the ending to turn out like that. It was really rough. At least we got to play as a Belgian lady. Even though she was French-Belgian >.>

More games should involve playing as Belgian people.

I'm going to write a letter to the developers of Hatred...

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I disliked this year as a multiplatform gamer and I'm greatly excited for next year.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 freedomfreak
@R4gn4r0k said:

TBH I really can't see how this is a bad year, unless you only stuck to one system and even then... barely bought any games for that.

I bought and played a ton of games this year and eventhough I wanted to turn it around, my backlog only got bigger.

Wolfenstein, Luftrausers, DKC, Mario Kart, Shadow of Mordor, Company of Heroes, Dead Rising, Ground Zeroes, ... This year was great. I had a ton of fun.

@freedomfreak said:

More games should involve playing as Belgian people.

I'm going to write a letter to the developers of Hatred...

Stop making me agree with you, R4g. But yeah, you're right. I had a good time this year. There was disappointing stuff, for sure, but it didn't stop the good shit from shining really well.

Right? Man, we should kickstart something like that. Belgian Backing Committee.

BBC.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

@freedomfreak said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

I prefer season one, but season 2 had some tough moments, that's for damn sure. Nice to see some Valiant Hearts love!

Yeah the ending of Season 1 was pretty tough, but I think S2 just had a few more moments overall.

And yeah, Valiant Hearts was amazing. Probably my GOTY.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ReadingRainbow4

@SolidTy said:

I disliked this year as a multiplatform gamer and I'm greatly excited for next year.

It's refreshing to see someone telling the truth.

Only thing that was any good was ground zeroes.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 R4gn4r0k

@freedomfreak said:

Stop making me agree with you, R4g. But yeah, you're right. I had a good time this year. There was disappointing stuff, for sure, but it didn't stop the good shit from shining really well.

Right? Man, we should kickstart something like that. Belgian Backing Committee.

BBC.

That has a ring to it.

We gotta stand by each other! The people saying 'this year sucked' seem to be in the majority here :O

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 freedomfreak
@R4gn4r0k said:

That has a ring to it.

We gotta stand by each other! The people saying 'this year sucked' seem to be in the majority here :O

Pft. With masterpieces like Bayonetta 2 and Toad's Treasure Tracker?

**** off on outta here.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#18 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

The Last of Us, so early in the game.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 freedomfreak
@princessgomez92 said:

The Last of Us, so early in the game.

Playing through the Ps4 version, and that moment hits me just as hard.

There will be more, don't worry. Troy Baker's performance is nothing short of perfection.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 R4gn4r0k

@freedomfreak said:

Pft. With masterpieces like Bayonetta 2 and Toad's Treasure Tracker?

**** off on outta here.

Shhhhh, you're reminding me of all the games I still need to play :P

Bought that Bayonetta bundle with both games, still need to play both. And I still need to get Treasure Tracker and SSB.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Is persona 4 any good? It always looked pretty bad to me with it's anime influence.

Yes, although I honestly recommend going for the Vita version over the PS3 one if at all possible.

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#22 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts

Every game I own has made me tear up. Why, you might ask? Because I didn't have the time I wanted to invest in them. I cry every day I can't play.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 freedomfreak
@R4gn4r0k said:

Shhhhh, you're reminding me of all the games I still need to play :P

Bought that Bayonetta bundle with both games, still need to play both. And I still need to get Treasure Tracker and SSB.

If it helps, I haven't gotten to Treasure Tracker and Smash Bros myself.

Bayonetta 1, and especially Bayonetta 2 is beyond perfection. It just shows how Platinum Games manages to go the extra mile, and do shit no other company would. It's an absolute joy to play. Even the coop is good fun.

God Bless Bayonetta and R4gn4r0k.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ReadingRainbow4

@charizard1605 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Yes, although I honestly recommend going for the Vita version over the PS3 one if at all possible.

I've always liked the tensei series, mainly the digital devil saga games but persona's focus on high school was always off putting to me. Is it a big part of the game? It might just be too Weeaboo for a handsome gentleman like myself if that's the case.

Seriously tho, I decided to play FF XIII on pc and surprisingly I'm not hating it as much as I thought I would. The music is fucking great so that's a big help I suppose. Even Lightnings armpits have more of an allure to them than I initially thought.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 freedomfreak
@majadamus said:

Every game I own has made me tear up. Why, you might ask? Because I didn't have the time I wanted to invest in them. I cry every day I can't play.

Awww, that sucks, man :(

Allow me to help out your sorrows.

Loading Video...

There ya go.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I've always liked the tensei series, mainly the digital devil saga games but persona's focus on high school was always off putting to me. Is it a big part of the game? It might just be too Weeaboo for a handsome gentleman like myself if that's the case.

Seriously tho, I decided to play FF XIII on pc and surprisingly I'm not hating it as much as I thought I would. The music is fucking great so that's a big help I suppose. Even Lightnings armpits have more of an allure to them than I initially thought.

In all honestly, it's the wrapper of Persona that looks so weeaboo and off putting, not the candy itself, if that makes any sense. What I am trying to say is, the game looks like the embodiment of anime and Japanese media, so if you are not a fan of any of that (which I am not), the aesthetics, for example, can be completely off putting. However, once you start playing the game, it... just doesn't matter. I'm not saying the Japanese-ness is not there, or that it is subdued or downplayed, quite the opposite in fact, but I am saying that it doesn't bother you, it's never in your face, it is organically a part of the game's universe. Think of it as a study abroad student exchange program, and you get the idea.

The high school life simulation is a major part of the game- in fact, most of the fun comes from that, and the social sim aspects of the game, the actual dungeon crawling is the weakest part of the game.

I know this all sounds like a very undesirable game to you, but I highly recommend it- the PS3 version is just $5 on PSN, so it's not going to hurt to give it a go. Plus, also, the music is great.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ReadingRainbow4

@charizard1605 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

In all honestly, it's the wrapper of Persona that looks so weeaboo and off putting, not the candy itself, if that makes any sense. What I am trying to say is, the game looks like the embodiment of anime and Japanese media, so if you are not a fan of any of that (which I am not), the aesthetics, for example, can be completely off putting. However, once you start playing the game, it... just doesn't matter. I'm not saying the Japanese-ness is not there, or that it is subdued or downplayed, quite the opposite in fact, but I am saying that it doesn't bother you, it's never in your face, it is organically a part of the game's universe. Think of it as a study abroad student exchange program, and you get the idea.

The high school life simulation is a major part of the game- in fact, most of the fun comes from that, and the social sim aspects of the game, the actual dungeon crawling is the weakest part of the game.

I know this all sounds like a very undesirable game to you, but I highly recommend it- the PS3 version is just $5 on PSN, so it's not going to hurt to give it a go. Plus, also, the music is great.

I think I'll give a shot after FF Xiii-2, Supposedly that's even better than XIII which is pretty mind blowing. I can deal with some Senpai, uguu, high school drama so I should be fine.

Thanks for the response.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Nothing.

But I did think Valiant Hearts ending was effective.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 R4gn4r0k

@freedomfreak said:

If it helps, I haven't gotten to Treasure Tracker and Smash Bros myself.

Bayonetta 1, and especially Bayonetta 2 is beyond perfection. It just shows how Platinum Games manages to go the extra mile, and do shit no other company would. It's an absolute joy to play. Even the coop is good fun.

God Bless Bayonetta and R4gn4r0k.

God bless you too, kind sir.

Seeing as you love Platinum so much, I have to ask, have you played The Legend of Korra perchance ?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 freedomfreak
@jg4xchamp said:

Nothing.

Oh, so your ass has got some feelings? Yeah, Valiant Hearts was effective in many ways. It's good we have UbiArt to take away from not perfect stuff like Unity. It's what makes them shine above EA.

@R4gn4r0k said:

Seeing as you love Platinum so much, I have to ask, have you played The Legend of Korra perchance ?

I have. And I have finished it.

It's really simple. The mechanics remind me a bit of Bayonetta. I mean, it's obvious they're taking hints from somewhere, but I had an okay time on easy. I heard bumping it up to normal can make the experience a bit more frustrating. Less so, if you've already finished it on easy, seeing as how you've levelled most powers. I don't know... I thought it was okay.

And I like to add, I don't know much about Avatar. I don't watch the TV show, but considering all, I expected more from Platinum, but I heard they really had to rush this game, so I kinda forgive them. Publishers can be tough.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 freedomfreak
@TheGuardian03 said:

Anyone didnt feel anything from MGS GZ last scene in the helicopter?

Its supposed to be emotional but really couldnt care less about it or other cutscenes.

Paz audio files were more fun to listen to than the cutscenes.

I thought it was weirdly offensive, but I still felt bad for Paz.

If it was Snake, I would've felt differently. I've been with Snake longer than Big Boss, and it seems both get fed a sandwich more often than not, but with Big Boss it seems more often. Big Boss is a tough fucking dude.

Vagina bomb? Whatever.

If it was Solid Snake, he would've been rougher on it. Or maybe he wouldn't. I just feel Big Boss has seen tougher shit than Solid Snake. **** it. All is good.

YOU MAKE ME WANNA REPLAY EVERYTHING, GUARDIAN. Which is good.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 R4gn4r0k

@freedomfreak said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

I have. And I have finished it.

It's really simple. The mechanics remind me a bit of Bayonetta. I mean, it's obvious they're taking hints from somewhere, but I had an okay time on easy. I heard bumping it up to normal can make the experience a bit more frustrating. Less so, if you've already finished it on easy, seeing as how you've levelled most powers. I don't know... I thought it was okay.

And I like to add, I don't know much about Avatar. I don't watch the TV show, but considering all, I expected more from Platinum, but I heard they really had to rush this game, so I kinda forgive them. Publishers can be tough.

Totally. I mean developers are always trying to make the best possible game out there. But if they are cut short they just can't. Platinum got a lot of time from Nintendo to polish and refine everything. While for Activison they got a very strict deadline.

Another example is Double Helix. They always got to make these movie tie-in games in the shortest possible time spans. Yet, when they are given time they show they can also make great quality games.

Now, I don't want to blame publishers too much for deadlines. Because if the deadlines are too lose than you end up with stuff like Duke Nukem Forever or The Last Guardian...

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#35 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

I haven't finished Valiant Hearts yet. But it's already way more feelsy than any other game this year.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 freedomfreak
@R4gn4r0k said:

Totally. I mean developers are always trying to make the best possible game out there. But if they are cut short they just can't. Platinum got a lot of time from Nintendo to polish and refine everything. While for Activison they got a very strict deadline.

Another example is Double Helix. They always got to make these movie tie-in games in the shortest possible time spans. Yet, when they are given time they show they can also make great quality games.

Now, I don't want to blame publishers too much for deadlines. Because if the deadlines are too lose than you end up with stuff like Duke Nukem Forever or The Last Guardian...

**** you, you beautiful Belgian piece of wonderful shit. You read my mind.

I agree. I mean, it's easy to jump on publishers, but in the end, they need to put up with results, and it's not always in the best interest of developers or us. It's this sick line between getting a product out there, and taking your time to deliver on a finished product.

Management. Management is about all I can say. Gamers are always hungry, and it's up to publishers to feed them. Unfortunately, that isn't always a good kind of meal.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Nothing.

Oh, so your ass has got some feelings? Yeah, Valiant Hearts was effective in many ways. It's good we have UbiArt to take away from not perfect stuff like Unity. It's what makes them shine above EA.

This besmirching of my good name. But yeah, I was on the Valiant Hearts bandwagon for most of the year, and really like what Ubisoft is doing with UbiArt. If their shitty games pay for the more creative downloadable stuff, then I'm cool with that. A lot of the big third party and first party studios should be like that, but whatever. That said I maintain that UbiArt is currently 50/50, because Child of Light isn't very good, or good at all. It's more like okay, but hilariously stupid on the execution front. Also Valiant Hearts is Ubi Montesomeshit aka The Rayman guys/Michel Ancel's team except he didn't work on this game. So that helped Valiant Hearts be cool, while Child of Light is like negative cool.

Other sappy things that i think work.

Um The Last of Us DLC thing, I thought it was legit. Really well written for a video game (qualifier, low standard, whatever)
I think The Shovel Knight and Shield Knight stuff, and how it's handled at the end is hella sweet. And as usual shitty people don't like Shovel Knight

Honestly the saddest game this year is Tropical Freeze. Donkey Kong has his birthday crashed by bad guys, ruin his home n shit, he has to spend his entire birthday kicking them fuckers off his island. And then by the end? everyone forgot it was his birthday. Dick move.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 freedomfreak

@parkurtommo: Just finish it whenever you get the chance.

The ending just grabs you so hard. It should be illegal.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39  Edited By PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Advanced Warfare

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

No game made me tear up this year well apart from when I dropped a ps4 controller on my nuts.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 freedomfreak
@jg4xchamp said:

This besmirching of my good name. But yeah, I was on the Valiant Hearts bandwagon for most of the year, and really like what Ubisoft is doing with UbiArt. If their shitty games pay for the more creative downloadable stuff, then I'm cool with that. A lot of the big third party and first party studios should be like that, but whatever. That said I maintain that UbiArt is currently 50/50, because Child of Light isn't very good, or good at all. It's more like okay, but hilariously stupid on the execution front. Also Valiant Hearts is Ubi Montesomeshit aka The Rayman guys/Michel Ancel's team except he didn't work on this game. So that helped Valiant Hearts be cool, while Child of Light is like negative cool.

Other sappy things that i think work.

Um The Last of Us DLC thing, I thought it was legit. Really well written for a video game (qualifier, low standard, whatever)

I think The Shovel Knight and Shield Knight stuff, and how it's handled at the end is hella sweet. And as usual shitty people don't like Shovel Knight

Honestly the saddest game this year is Tropical Freeze. Donkey Kong has his birthday crashed by bad guys, ruin his home n shit, he has to spend his entire birthday kicking them fuckers off his island. And then by the end? everyone forgot it was his birthday. Dick move.

"The game relies more on facial expressions to give you a character's mindset. These characters will laugh, be afraid, struggle, and grow weary of the conflict of day to day life in World War 1. It’s the attention to detail in not only its characters, but the game's rich backgrounds that shape why this story resonated with me. It’s something you simply couldn’t do with a more realistic look for the game, as the game is often dependent on subtleties to convey its message, as opposed to spelling it out for the player."

I like this. It's something I really noticed while playing. Good review. An 8 is more than fair.

Yes. While Left Behind was particularly lengthy, I still appreciated their effort in exploring Ellie's character, and why she's this kinda person. I liked it. Short, but sweet. Narrative is something TLOU needs, and to me, they make use of it really well.

I made my brother play Shovel Knight. He was all all like "another x-bit adventure", I was like yeah, check it. It's legit. Dude was hooked. The mechanics, level design, and boss battles combined, make for one fun fucking adventure. You're right. Shitty people don't like Shovel Knight.

Haha, I should really pick that up. I heard the platforming was good shit, and I like good shit platforming.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Shit across the board, this year was.

And that made me cry.

yea but you bitch about everything.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 freedomfreak
@PhazonBlazer said:

Advanced Warfare

That was just.... QTE as ****...

@TheGuardian03 said:

solid snake in MGS4 walked into an oven and got cooked. Can't get any situation that makes you tougher than that.:p

Big boss emotionally suffered more.

Solid snake physically suffered more.

And thanks.:p i try my best with my english to get my point out.:D

I can agree with that. Especially with MGS4. Solid Snake was barely hanging on the entire game. Yes, some parts made me cry. "How long do I have?!"

I bought the Anniversary edition of MGS4 not too long ago. I should get back to that. The game can be so stupid at times, but fanservice? It's hard to find games that do fanservice as well as MGS4. And that's great for fans like you and me.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 R4gn4r0k

@freedomfreak said:

**** you, you beautiful Belgian piece of wonderful shit. You read my mind.

I agree. I mean, it's easy to jump on publishers, but in the end, they need to put up with results, and it's not always in the best interest of developers or us. It's this sick line between getting a product out there, and taking your time to deliver on a finished product.

Management. Management is about all I can say. Gamers are always hungry, and it's up to publishers to feed them. Unfortunately, that isn't always a good kind of meal.

Gamers can't wait. Early Access on steam shows that.

I often get that feeling too, I see a game and think: 'I don't want to wait a year, I want this noaaaaaa'

But I've never played an Early Access game (well, I'm not counting Prison Architect because I bought that for different reasons) because I know games are broken and unrefined and lacking in content/gameplay features before release.

I've noticed that Ubisoft did delay Watch_Dogs but they didn't do so for Unity. It makes me think that a new IP can be delayed, but a franchise that releases yearly on the same date has to release on that day no matter what.

@jg4xchamp said:

Poor Donkey Kong...

First he gets his ass kicked by some plumber, then he has his bananas stolen from him by King K Rool several times in a row, then his animal friends get turned into psychotic murderers and now everyone has forgotten about his birthday ? He just can't catch a break it seems :(

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 freedomfreak
@R4gn4r0k said:

Gamers can't wait. Early Access on steam shows that.

I often get that feeling too, I see a game and think: 'I don't want to wait a year, I want this noaaaaaa'

But I've never played an Early Access game (well, I'm not counting Prison Architect because I bought that for different reasons) because I know games are broken and unrefined and lacking in content/gameplay features before release.

I've noticed that Ubisoft did delay Watch_Dogs but they didn't do so for Unity. It makes me think that a new IP can be delayed, but a franchise that releases yearly on the same date has to release on that day no matter what.

You know it's all about getting a product out before a certain time. You think Ubisoft would've been like "Oh, Unity isn't functional, so we'll wait until January to release it."

No. These titles live and die by their deadlines. It's something people expect every year. A new AC. A new COD. Is that good? Yes, the market is happy to buy these titles, but at the same time, no, because it forces rushing of the product. It's unfinished, yet uninformed individuals end up with these half-assed products.

It's not cool. Not at all.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 R4gn4r0k

@freedomfreak said:

You know it's all about getting a product out before a certain time. You think Ubisoft would've been like "Oh, Unity isn't functional, so we'll wait until January to release it."

No. These titles live and die by their deadlines. It's something people expect every year. A new AC. A new COD. Is that good? Yes, the market is happy to buy these titles, but at the same time, no, because it forces rushing of the product. It's unfinished, yet uninformed individuals end up with these half-assed products.

It's not cool. Not at all.

Ubisoft knew that the game would be broken on release. And they knew exactly how much time it would take them to fix it into a payable state. It was a calculated risk.

I just wonder, if the game did get delayed until January... would it have made such a big difference ? Would the game not have sold the numbers it sold now ? Would people enter a store and stand there for hours, perplexed at the sight of a store rack not having the newest AC ?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By freedomfreak
@R4gn4r0k said:

Ubisoft knew that the game would be broken on release. And they knew exactly how much time it would take them to fix it into a payable state. It was a calculated risk.

I just wonder, if the game did get delayed until January... would it have made such a big difference ? Would the game not have sold the numbers it sold now ? Would people enter a store and stand there for hours, perplexed at the sight of a store rack not having the newest AC ?

I honestly don't know, dude. Although I will say people value holidays purchases. A popular game+holiday purchase=good purchase.

It's a fickle market. I think Ubisoft, and other publishers, want to get their foot in with new installments before the holidays. It sucks that it ends with products not working like they should. But , money in the bag, is money in the bag.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Never happened to me, but I'm not really a big story person (for video games anyway).

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

This war of mine.