Game of the year so far?

• 178 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

no one beats mario. only one has a slight chance.... and thats halo reach

Avatar image for Ravenlore_basic
Ravenlore_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#102 Ravenlore_basic
Member since 2003 • 4319 Posts

If its my own personal GOTY it would be Heavy Rain... I have played too many games once they get repetave and I start to feel like its a chore or dull but need to beat the game then it becomes more of a slog. With Heavy Rain that was not the case. Call it too short, to heavy handed with the choices, or that you do not feel free to make your own choices. I understand that all games lead you to an end, ONE that was preplaned when you first turned on the game.

That being said I alwaysed wanted to see what would happen next who was doing what how things would turn, How I felt, what I decided was it the right choice, I let myself FREE, not about beating the game but about LIVING in the moment. That was very hard for me but Heavy Rain allowed me to do it.

You do not play the same level or fight the same people do the same things over and over again. Allow the people to be REAL, open you heart and FEEL, and this game will WIN. not Game of they year. But best game you will play this year.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#103 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Starcraft 2 but I'm hoping that mafia and crysis 2 come to blow me away so I have a tough choice :O

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

Played Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect 2, and Starcraft within a month. Mass Effect was awesome, but the other two games much more allured me. Ultimately I have to say that Starcraft 2 probably beats Red Dead out. I'll have to finish the game and play some more multi before passing judgement though. Playing it on a friends comp now, and I have to get a new rig for this game. It's that freaking awesome.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50704 Posts

GoW3.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

It's definitely Mass Effect 2. Hell I may have to go so far as Game of this Generation.

Ravenchrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Ravenchrome
Member since 2010 • 1776 Posts

It's definitely Mass Effect 2. Hell I may have to go so far as Game of this Generation.

AdobeArtist

Nah, Smg 2 and Sc2 are superior.

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

Funny how lems claim this is "cowspot" and yet ME2 is winning, even though we all know SMG2 is getting it most likely.

oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 oldkingallant
Member since 2010 • 4958 Posts

Hey look at that my predictions are right on the money. As fanboys are fairly equally numbered here, the added numbers are pretty close. All Lemmings vote for Mass effect 2, as well as a few Hermits, giving it the lead at 27%, there are a bunch of Sheep showing up since SMG2 got that 10 so it's in 2nd with 25%, Starcraft II loses a few votes from Hermits who preferred ME2, which helps ME2, then Cows vote for RDR or Other, adding up to 24%. Looks like these numbers are working out just as I predicted :P.

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#111 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts

Funny how lems claim this is "cowspot" and yet ME2 is winning, even though we all know SMG2 is getting it most likely.

GreenGoblin2099
Its just one of those labels people slap on when things don't go their way in polls, god forbid a deserving game wins a poll it always must be a conspiracy, most people know this place isn't really dominated by any faction.
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

Hey look at that my predictions are right on the money. As fanboys are fairly equally numbered here, the added numbers are pretty close. All Lemmings vote for Mass effect 2, as well as a few Hermits, giving it the lead at 27%, there are a bunch of Sheep showing up since SMG2 got that 10 so it's in 2nd with 25%, Starcraft II loses a few votes from Hermits who preferred ME2, which helps ME2, then Cows vote for RDR or Other, adding up to 24%. Looks like these numbers are working out just as I predicted :P.

oldkingallant

You're probably right :lol: +1 to you.

I honestly didn't bother with voting :P

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4737 Posts

The fact that mario galaxy 2 is so close to SC2 is a real shame, I thought people here were learned gamers. Mario is a great game that you play for a month tops and forget abput it. While SC2 has the quality to keep you entertained for YEARS, its about to be all over television as the #1 competitive E-sport in the world. I mean besides the campaign just the small amount of custom maps that gamers have made so far are alone better than mario, thats a fact that cant be denied unless you have no clue what your talking about.

chrion133

being on mission 21/26 on sc2 i can say that it is a really great games (and yes i will play in in multiplayer for a long time but you have to know that there are alot of different ways to judge a game. People can say Wow is the best becuase it gets alot of play. I think worlds of warcraft sucks. Madden is a copetitive E-Sport i think it sucks.

So what if someone does not like RTS games? Then they would not think SC2 is better than Mario. You say that its a fact that SC2 is better but its comparing 2 ever different things. You most likely could not say that the level designs in SC2 even come close to the level designs of SMG 2. They are just very different games.

It would be really funny if how great a game was judged mainly on how long people played it. Give us a break i do not really think you know what your talking about.

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

[QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"]

FIipMode

Its just one of those labels people slap on when things don't go their way in polls, god forbid a deserving game wins a poll it always must be a conspiracy, most people know this place isn't really dominated by any faction.

Well, yeah... I've never bought that BS for one sec.

oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 oldkingallant
Member since 2010 • 4958 Posts

[QUOTE="oldkingallant"]

lbjkurono23

You're probably right :lol: +1 to you.

I honestly didn't bother with voting :P

So my prize choices for being right are either one internet or a cookie correct? Hmmm.... I take the cookie!
tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#116 tman93
Member since 2006 • 7769 Posts
I've only played three games from this year so Red Dead Redemption for me, Heavy Rain really clicked with me too but Red Dead edges it out.
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
SC2 easily. It's a game that will be around for ten years, no other game up there can say that. At a far second would be Mass Effect 2.
MigElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 MigElite
Member since 2004 • 1304 Posts

Mass Effect 2, no contest.

jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#119 jettpack
Member since 2009 • 3192 Posts

You seem to have left off one of the 2 AAA(+) exclusives this year from you poll...

So far this gen, every GotY winner has been a AAA (or AAAA) exclusive (well, except Gears, but it WAS exclusive at the time it was picked as GotY). So when there have only been 2 AAA/AAAA exclusives this year, why would you not put them both in the poll?

ianuilliam

which games? God of War 3 and what? heavy rain? which AAA exclusives are you talking about, there wasnt room on the pole is why they arent up there.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#120 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Super Mario Galaxy 2

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44313 Posts

ME2 or RDR but both will be eclipsed by Reach. :P

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

if GS lets a ten go to waste then idk what to say about that,has their ever been a 10 that didnt get GOTY

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#123 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

if GS lets a ten go to waste then idk what to say about that,has their ever been a 10 that didnt get GOTY

Mario1331

MGS 4 was the only 10 to get GOTY, actually.

To be fair, Ocarina would probably have been GOTY in '98 if GS had allowed console games into GOTY that year. Then again, Half-Life and Starcraft were no joke either, so who knows.

Postal_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Postal_Guy
Member since 2006 • 2643 Posts

Ill say SC2 until Mafia 2 is released

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

[QUOTE="ianuilliam"]

You seem to have left off one of the 2 AAA(+) exclusives this year from you poll...

So far this gen, every GotY winner has been a AAA (or AAAA) exclusive (well, except Gears, but it WAS exclusive at the time it was picked as GotY). So when there have only been 2 AAA/AAAA exclusives this year, why would you not put them both in the poll?

jettpack

which games? God of War 3 and what? heavy rain? which AAA exclusives are you talking about, there wasnt room on the pole is why they arent up there.

The only AAAE/AAAAE's this year so far are GoW3 and SMG2. One is on the poll, the other is left off, in favor of some multiplats, despite no game this gen winning GotY without being a AAAE/AAAAE. I'm not saying ME2 or RDR won't be contenders. I'm not saying they won't win, but leaving out one of the only AAA/AAAA exclusive games this year, when the winner has been a AAA/AAAA exclusive game every year this gen so far smells like bias, especially when GoW3 scored just as high as ME2, and sold way better.

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 ianuilliam

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

Cherokee_Jack

To be fair, Ocarina would probably have been GOTY in '98 if GS had allowed console games into GOTY that year. Then again, Half-Life and Starcraft were no joke either, so who knows.

I didn't pay attention to GS way back when, but according to wiki, From 98-2001, they had a seperate pc GotY and console GotY. OoT (AAAAE) won console GotY 98. Soul Calibur (AAAAE) won 99. Chrono Cross (AAAAE) won 2000. I haven't verified this info (since finding old stuff on GS can be like pulling teeth), but if true, that would mean no game has ever gotten AAAAE on GS without being GotY.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#127 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Just Cause 2 or Read Dead Redemption. I'm definitely leaning more towards RDR just because of the variety of things to do, and the atmosphere being the perfect Western.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
I did not care for the first ME so did not play the 2nd nor Starcraft 2. So out of SMG2 and RDR I would say SMG2 just because it is a better quality game over all.
Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Mario1331

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

ianuilliam

I didn't pay attention to GS way back when, but according to wiki, From 98-2001, they had a seperate pc GotY and console GotY. OoT (AAAAE) won console GotY 98. Soul Calibur (AAAAE) won 99. Chrono Cross (AAAAE) won 2000. I haven't verified this info (since finding old stuff on GS can be like pulling teeth), but if true, that would mean no game has ever gotten AAAAE on GS without being GotY.

the bold is so true but i figured that i never seen a 10 not get GOTY

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 ianuilliam

[QUOTE="ianuilliam"]

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]

Mario1331

Did some researching, and apparently, before 2002, Gamespot was solely PC, and their partner site videogames.com did consoles. They merged in 2002. This is supported by the fact that videogames.com redirects you to Gamespot now. So either you include the videogames.com gotys, in which case every game that has ever gotten a AAAAE (OoT, Soul Calibur, Chrono Cross, MGS4) has one GotY, OR you DON'T include console games prior to 2002, in which case, every game that has ever gotten AAAAE has won GotY.

Edit: thought I'd add, there's been 10's not get GotY, but they were multiplats, GTA4, THPS3. No AAAAE have not been given GotY though.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#131 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

Whats the game of the year so far? we have already had a huge amount of impressive stuff, and its not even the holiday season.

i mean, Mass Effect 2, Starcraft 2, Read Dead Redemption, SMG2, Bad Company 2 etc... for me, game of the year so far is easily Mass Effect 2. Hands Down. what about you?

jettpack

Way to avoid putting GOW3 in the poll, ya lem... This topic is meaningless.

jaqulle999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 jaqulle999
Member since 2009 • 2897 Posts

Out of those Red Dead Redemption since it was the only one i played

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Mario1331

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

[QUOTE="ianuilliam"]I didn't pay attention to GS way back when, but according to wiki, From 98-2001, they had a seperate pc GotY and console GotY. OoT (AAAAE) won console GotY 98. Soul Calibur (AAAAE) won 99. Chrono Cross (AAAAE) won 2000. I haven't verified this info (since finding old stuff on GS can be like pulling teeth), but if true, that would mean no game has ever gotten AAAAE on GS without being GotY.

ianuilliam

Did some researching, and apparently, before 2002, Gamespot was solely PC, and their partner site videogames.com did consoles. They merged in 2002. This is supported by the fact that videogames.com redirects you to Gamespot now. So either you include the videogames.com gotys, in which case every game that has ever gotten a AAAAE (OoT, Soul Calibur, Chrono Cross, MGS4) has one GotY, OR you DON'T include console games prior to 2002, in which case, every game that has ever gotten AAAAE has won GotY.

Edit: thought I'd add, there's been 10's not get GotY, but they were multiplats, GTA4, THPS3. No AAAAE have not been given GotY though.

ok thats what i wanted to say has a AAAAE never get Game of the year and great find ianuilliam interesting read

jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#134 jettpack
Member since 2009 • 3192 Posts

[QUOTE="jettpack"]

Whats the game of the year so far? we have already had a huge amount of impressive stuff, and its not even the holiday season.

i mean, Mass Effect 2, Starcraft 2, Read Dead Redemption, SMG2, Bad Company 2 etc... for me, game of the year so far is easily Mass Effect 2. Hands Down. what about you?

Master_ShakeXXX

HEY, no need to insult, i forgot about GoW3. and i am SOOOO SORRY that it made you SOOOO UPSET. srsly, chill out, it was an honest mistake.

vguy555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 vguy555
Member since 2007 • 4625 Posts

Super Mario Galaxy 2

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

[QUOTE="jettpack"]

Master_ShakeXXX

Stop being a hermit, MGS4 should be on the poll. :D
Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#137 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

[QUOTE="jettpack"]

jettpack

HEY, no need to insult, i forgot about GoW3. and i am SOOOO SORRY that it made you SOOOO UPSET. srsly, chill out, it was an honest mistake.

Yeah, you better ******* apologise.

Mythomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Mythomniac
Member since 2009 • 1695 Posts
Mass Effect 2, Starcraft 2, or RDR.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#139 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
In other words game of the half year? For me ME2.
CDudu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 CDudu
Member since 2007 • 694 Posts

As far l would say SC 2.

But in the end it would be anything between GT 5,Fallout: New Vegas ann Halo Reach.

chapnzaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#141 chapnzaba
Member since 2005 • 2302 Posts
God of War III for me.
93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts
For me, it's Alan Wake but score wise it's SMG2, if not then it should be ME2
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Still Mass Effect 2. I think I like Alan Wake a bit more, but Mass Effect 2 is a better game and has more to it.

Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

SC2 with Mass Effect 2 coming at a close second.

Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#145 Chiddaling
Member since 2008 • 9106 Posts

Is this really a fair poll? I can't imagine many people have played all these games, not to mention SCII has only been out for a short period.

cyborg100000
Beta, man...beta. SC2, easily. Mass Effect 2 second. Haven't played SMG2 and RDR got boring quick.
lespaul1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 lespaul1919
Member since 2003 • 7074 Posts

LIMBO.

that will probably change 9/14/2010 though.

paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
Probably LBP2 for me.
Garfiun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Garfiun
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
So far for me Its got to be Lego Harry Potter its a really good game and I enjoy playing it.
argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 argetlam00
Member since 2006 • 6573 Posts

Mass Effect 2 IMO. If there was a "Console GOTY" it would be SMG2. SC2 is PC GOTY, with Civ 5 likely taking best Strategy of the Year.

Cloud567kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Cloud567kar
Member since 2007 • 2656 Posts

ME2