Game Informer "Shut up and have fun"

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

@2ndwonder said:

@treedoor said:

Agreed.

Cows take it to the extreme with their hatred. Wish they would be more like PC/Nintendo/Xbox fans, and just play games.

But if they played games, this board would be less active :(

kidding

Doesn't it just get boring reading one Sony circle-jerk thread after another? Especially considering 90% of them are about the resolution of multiplats?

Ugh, being a Gamespot moderator sure sounds like the worst job in the world.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52  Edited By KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

@treedoor said:

Agreed.

Cows take it to the extreme with their hatred. Wish they would be more like PC/Nintendo/Xbox fans, and just play games.

when i was in my ps2/ps3 fanboy stage all i did was hate on other fans. i didn't even play games lol. looking back now i'm pretty disgusting by how my cow brethren act.

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 SpiderLuke
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

That'd sound less hollow if media outless were'nt usually happy to add fuel to the fire.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts
@danabo said:

@YoshiYogurt said:

@John_Matherson said:

...well then...Good point. Gamers of this gen are spoiled brats. Devs spend millions and plenty of time developing games only for snobs to complain about resolution and fps and textures. Shut up and play.

Well gee I didn't know I wasn't PAYING MONEY for games. It's not like we just get them and say " OH GOD THANK YOU DEVS." Games should be top notch all the time.

This^

"It’s an amazing time to be a gamer. If the only reason you follow the industry is to complain about everything it has to offer, maybe you should reconsider why you play games. I’ll be over here having a blast."

Yes. I just love micro-transactions, paying for multiplayer, unfinished games, rushed consoles, and DRM. We should be paying at least double the price for these privileges. Publishers and corporations should be worshipped!

No one is forcing you to pay for that stuff, and there are enough options to avoid all those points.

Instead of complaining, look for the options and play what you want.

It's like COD haters, don't like it? Don't play it, move on!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

I see the point. No one is telling you to play buy games....or buy a console you don't want....but there is too much constant whining and complaining I sometimes wonder if those who do so are really gamers....

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

Just gonna be another gen with cows being constantly butthurt about the Xbox. Nothing changes.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

@HaRmLeSS_RaGe said:

Just gonna be another gen with cows being constantly butthurt about the Xbox. Nothing changes.

If someone bought a PS3 and didn't enjoy it.....they shouldn't be gaming. On the flip side....if someone bought an Xbox 360 and spent time annoying Sony players...they shouldn't be gaming.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

@treedoor: acting like one faction of fanboy is worse than another is idiotic. Fanboys are all the same, supporting one thing over another doesn't suddenly make them worse.

MightyMuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By MightyMuna
Member since 2008 • 1766 Posts

What if you have fun by being a fanboy?

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

I approve this message

LordOfPoms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 LordOfPoms
Member since 2013 • 1138 Posts

@Wasdie said:

The problem is he read the comment section of articles. Those are filled with absolute shit. Don't listen to the extremely loud minority of users out there bitching about everything in the comments section of every article and your life improves.

Eh, gamers overreact en masse. It's not just the comment sectoin. It's all over the place. We act like spoiled brats.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@2ndwonder said:

@treedoor said:

Agreed.

But if they played games, this board would be less active :(

kidding

no...no kididng there ;)

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

as a mag that is a shill for gamestop what else would you expect them to say other than calm down and buy this shyt.

seriously, everything that game informer says is whatever it takes to move shyt out of brick and mortar stores.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Riverwolf007 said:

as a mag that is a shill for gamestop what else would you expect them to say other than calm down and buy this shyt.

seriously, everything that game informer says is whatever it takes to move shyt out of brick and mortar stores.

someone else who missed the point of the article. lol

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Riverwolf007

@mems_1224 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

i'm not worried about the point of the article because i am worried about the point of game informer as a whole.

is it a good message? sure, probably, whatever.

but people need to realize when using gi as a source exactly what gi's priority is here.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#67  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

...well then...Good point. Gamers of this gen are spoiled brats. Devs spend millions and plenty of time developing games only for snobs to complain about resolution and fps and textures. Shut up and play.

Amen. When a game gets an 8 and is called mediocrity, or tons of posts crying that score is too low for it, you wonder why these people play games at all.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By mems_1224

@Riverwolf007 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

i'm not worried about the point of the article because i am worried about the point of game informer as a whole.

but people need to realize when using gi as a source exactly what gi's priority is here.

do you have any proof or examples to back up your claims?

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

Well, today's fallout over the BF4 comparison has been a good example of "the point of the article", but it has been in jest - nobody was hurt, it's all part of the 'fun' - and genuine complaints should always be made and listened to.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 mems_1224

@danabo said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

Well, today's fallout over the BF4 comparison has been a good example of "the point of the article", but it has been in jest - nobody was hurt, it's all part of the 'fun' - and genuine complaints should always be made and listened to.

I agree, genuine complaints should be listened to as long as they're presented in the right way. Sadly, most gamers are morons.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Riverwolf007

@mems_1224 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

you mean like the direct correlation between the scores and coverage they give games and how many copies of the game the company orders?

because yes, it is obvious what gi does, how they do it and what the editorial priority it has as a magazine is.

i'm not saying it is a bad thing.

who would expect gi to be an honest magazine like others that are not the front for brick and mortar gamestores, i am just saying it exists and it is obvious it exists.

if my store had a magazine it too would be editorally dishonest and pushing sales of games we invest in heavily at every chance.

it's just smart business.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 mems_1224

@Riverwolf007 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

you mean like the direct correlation between the scores and coverage they give games and how many copies of the game of the game the company orders?

because yes, it is obvious what gi does, how they do it and what the editorial priority it has as a magazine is.

i'm not saying it is a bad thing.

who would expect gi to be an honest magazine like others that are not the front for brick and mortar gamestores, i am just saying it exists and it is obvious it exists.

if my store had a magazine it too would be editorally dishonest and pushing sales of games we invest in heavily at every chance.

it's just smart business.

Still waiting for some examples.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Less Power - pay more - always on spycam = Less game and kinect focus, xbone is a win this gen :D

NameIess_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 NameIess_One
Member since 2013 • 1077 Posts

@drummerdave9099 said:

"It’s an amazing time to be a gamer. If the only reason you follow the industry is to complain about everything it has to offer, maybe you should reconsider why you play games. I’ll be over here having a blast."

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

I can understand why potential console buyers are dissapointed with Microsoft. They clearly didn't listen to their customer base, and instead developed the console to serve their own purposes rather than their consumers'. It's 2013 and people are facing the potentiality of another 10 years of 720p--that's absurd. Not being impressed with the AAA sphere isn't that hard to understand as well. The big companies have been far too safe in what they've been releasing; wasn't it Ubisoft who said the whole point with next gen is that they could introduce new IPs, and yet here we are, with about 99% of next gen games being nothing but sequels (or if not a sequel, just another TPS/FPS with a new coat of paint). lol

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

"No" - Douevenliftbro

I wish they said the same thing about their PS3/360 comparisons lol but its cute theyre trying to make lemmings feel better.

Have fun with that $500 inferior machine.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

@YoshiYogurt said:

@John_Matherson said:

Well gee I didn't know I wasn't PAYING MONEY for games. It's not like we just get them and say " OH GOD THANK YOU DEVS." Games should be top notch all the time.

Yeah, if you think most devs make back the money they spend on these games you're an idiot. I'm not justifying microtransactions and I don't parttake in buying DLC but at the same time, wtf happened to just playing fcking video games? WHat happened to watching a trailer for game and thinking man that looks good! Nowadays you see an announcement trailer and the first thing out of most idiots' mouths are "No way that's gameplay graphic!" or "that's only possible in 720p at that framerate!" who gives a shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just play the fcking game and shut the fuk up. I pay money for a game for the game to be good and to have good gameplay and story. MGS4 scored a 10/10 and not once did the review mention any crap about fcking framerate/resolution you dumb fck.

Games should be top notch at being games, not so a bunch of spoiled and anal controllerheads can over-analyse the video game and debate about gameplay graphics and resolution. Shut the fck up

Thank you for putting words in my mouth and things I never said and proceeding to tell me to "Shut the fck up"

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@ mems_1224 "Still waiting for some examples."

Then you'l be waiting a long time, because its already been explained (not that it needed to be, it was obvious), if you don't wana execute any common sense or logic then thats okay. People always ask for "proof" not because they wan't any. But because its the easiest way to end an argument, its a win by "technicality". so yeah, keep waiting.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61509 Posts

People are inherently stupid. Accept it, and move on.

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

@MlauTheDaft said:

That'd sound less hollow if media outless were'nt usually happy to add fuel to the fire.

Ding ding ding!

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 mems_1224

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ mems_1224 "Still waiting for some examples."

Then you'l be waiting a long time, because its already been explained (not that it needed to be, it was obvious), if you don't wana execute any common sense or logic then thats okay. People always ask for "proof" not because they wan't any. But because its the easiest way to end an argument, its a win by "technicality". so yeah, keep waiting.

no, i genuinely want proof of GI giving games high scores to sell more copies.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#82 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Great article, I feel the same way.

TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 TrooperManaic
Member since 2004 • 3863 Posts

Demanding a quality product isn't being bratty. The next generation of kids are so silly, its like they want to give their parents money away.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#84  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59071 Posts

This opinion is powered by mountain dew.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

I love to get naked with my buds and play some Mario Cart as well.
Bro time to the max.