Freedom Wars gameplay vid #Vitalove

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45106 Posts

This game didn't get much love at Sony's press conference, but it's a pretty big title for the Vita. Tons of content and a pretty cool twist to the hunter type genre. It's coming out in Japan this summer and NA this summer. Your thoughts?

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/e3-2014-freedom-wars-stage-demo/2300-6419616/

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

lol vita

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#3 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

@lostrib said:

lol vita

You should really learn to read the OP before commenting.

On topic: It looks like an interesting game.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

This game will evolve the "Hunting" genre. Nintendo and Monster Hunter fanboys will call it a clone (which shows they don't know what a clone actually is) and dismiss it though. The combat, partner system and especially the prefecture multiplayer gameplay will be great. Not sure if I will wait for the American release or pick it up later this month on it's Japan release.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lostrib

@CyberLips said:

@lostrib said:

lol vita

did I miss something? is it not for the vita?

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CyberLips

@lostrib said:

@CyberLips said:

@lostrib said:

lol vita

It's about a game on the Vita, don't you have something more insightful to write besides "lol vita" ? Actually watching the video might have helped.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lostrib

@CyberLips said:

@lostrib said:

@CyberLips said:

@lostrib said:

lol vita

It's about a game on the Vita, don't you have something more insightful to write besides "lol vita" ? Actually watching the video might have helped.

I did watch the video, it didn't help

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17817 Posts

saw it earlier. certainly worth keeping an eye on.

as i said in another thread my major concern based on what i saw is could it get repetative pretty quickly?

looking good though.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SolidGame_basic

@CyberLips said:

@lostrib said:

@CyberLips said:

@lostrib said:

lol vita

don't mind lostrib, he just feels the need to comment

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CyberLips

@lostrib said:

@CyberLips said:

@lostrib said:

You commented 2 minutes after the thread was made, the video is 15 minutes long.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lostrib

@SolidGame_basic said:

@CyberLips said:

@lostrib said:

@CyberLips said:

@lostrib said:

lol vita

don't mind lostrib, he just feels the need to comment

...says the person who feels the need to system wars in real life

"I usually butt in with "you really might wanna reconsider that dude, the PS4 is much better hardware and arguably has the better games overall." also, if people diss my Vita, I be like "yo, the Vita has games" and then I'll name a bunch right in their face to their awe"

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lostrib

@CyberLips said:

@lostrib said:

@CyberLips said:

@lostrib said:

You commented 2 minutes after the thread was made, the video is 15 minutes long.

and your point would be...?

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CyberLips

@lostrib said:

@CyberLips said:

@lostrib said:

My point is you didn't actually watch the video.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lostrib

@CyberLips said:

@lostrib said:

@CyberLips said:

@lostrib said:

My point is you didn't actually watch the video.

Not seeing how you came to that conclusion

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SolidGame_basic

@CyberLips: don't waste your time, he just blabs

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

It seems like a very ambitious handheld game and I hope this isn't the last of it. I hope it becomes successful enough at least in Japan (not just a "G" version) to garner a full sequel before Sony decides to pull the plug on the IP.

Customization in this game is on a different league compared to other MP Action Handheld Titles (Two Tone Hair Edits, Size, Girth, Decals, etc.).

You can also customize the reaction and voices of your partner AI on top of being able to directly command them.

This game also allows you to play it like a regular TPS game; cover then throw a grenade, 2 Ranged Weapons that uses a traditional bullet system.

The weakest Abductor also have lots of parts to drop, not just the parts you can dismember. You can also slowly see the model getting chipped away as you're trying to destroy it.

8 Player PVP is also a first for any MP-Action 3rd Person RPG handheld game. I hope it's at least somewhat polished if bare-bones.

Doesn't seem too bad for $ 29.99.

Abductor variety seems like it'll be a problem tho but for $ 29.99 and as a first entry, I'm willing to be a little bit lenient with it.

GL Sony. Hope it at least sells 140K retail/physical on the 1st week in Japan's Media Create. That's probably a "pass". I don't think the producer was being very honest when he said he wants/expects the game to sell a million though it's vague on what exact terms are to reach that million :P

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SolidGame_basic

@j2zon2591 said:

It seems like a very ambitious handheld game and I hope this isn't the last of it. I hope it becomes successful enough at least in Japan (not just a "G" version) to garner a full sequel before Sony decides to pull the plug on the IP.

Customization in this game is on a different league compared to other MP Action Handheld Titles (Two Tone Hair Edits, Size, Girth, Decals, etc.).

You can also customize the reaction and voices of your partner AI on top of being able to directly command them.

This game also allows you to play it like a regular TPS game; cover then throw a grenade, 2 Ranged Weapons that uses a traditional bullet system.

The weakest Abductor also have lots of parts to drop, not just the parts you can dismember. You can also slowly see the model getting chipped away as you're trying to destroy it.

8 Player PVP is also a first for any MP-Action 3rd Person RPG handheld game. I hope it's at least somewhat polished if bare-bones.

Abductor variety seems like it'll be a problem tho but for $ 29.99 and as a first entry, I'm willing to be a little bit lenient with it.

GL Sony. Hope it at least sells 140K retail/physical on the 1st week in Japan's Media Create. That's probably a "pass". I don't think the producer was being very honest when he said he wants/expects the game to sell a million though it's vague on what exact terms are to reach that million :P

$29.99 does seem a bit odd. Either way, I really hope it succeeds.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@j2zon2591 said:

$29.99 does seem a bit odd. Either way, I really hope it succeeds.

Yeah. While I doubt it would reach 1m sales ever even on a global scale, I hope 300-400K sales in world-wide sales would be enough to warrant another entry that isn't F2P.