Forbes: Microsoft should give xbox to Nintendo.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Thecongregation
Thecongregation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Thecongregation
Member since 2013 • 146 Posts

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2014/02/18/microsoft-should-give-xbox-one-to-nintendo/

Lol. Says they should give it to Nintendo as well as studios because currently Nintendo is barely alive.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Thecongregation said:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2014/02/18/microsoft-should-give-xbox-one-to-nintendo/

Lol. Says they should give it to Nintendo as well as studios because currently Nintendo is barely alive.

The Xbox brand has been profitable since 2007. All the "losses" are contributed to the first Xbox and the RRoD issue with the early 360s. So, any economist who looks deeper that superficial totals should draw the conclusion that MS should keep the Xbox Brand because as time goes on, they will eventually break even and start making a profit.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@Thecongregation said:

The Xbox brand has been profitable since 2007. All the "losses" are contributed to the first Xbox and the RRoD issue with the early 360s. So, any economist who looks deeper that superficial totals should draw the conclusion that MS should keep the Xbox Brand because as time goes on, they will eventually break even and start making a profit.

I like you and all but GOD do you lie to kick it.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@Thecongregation:

Actually if Microsoft teamed up with Sega than Xbone would do very well. Sega can make consoles but doesn't have the money. Microsoft has the money but doesn't know a damn thing about gaming.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

I hope not. Better to just sell xbox to chinese and not taint nintendo with it.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61484 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

You're proving his point...

----

OT: lolno.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I doubt Nintendo would be interested.

FPSfan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FPSfan1985
Member since 2011 • 2174 Posts
@Shewgenja said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Thecongregation said:

Such fail on your part lol.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@Thecongregation said:

I love how there are now 3 Xbox consoles out and you say: "as time goes on, they will eventually break even and start making a profit."

The first one launched in 2001. So already a lot of time went on, and the Xbox devision has not been profitable as a whole. That's not a healthy business strategy.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

1)inb4lock

2)It's a guy bloging on Forbes,not coming directly from Forbes.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#11 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Thecongregation said:

But when MS announced the 3 year warranty for the RROD, it was stated it would cost the company over a billion dollars, so he may not be that far off.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@Shewgenja said:

----

OT: lolno.

@FPSfan1985 said:
@Shewgenja said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Thecongregation said:

Such fail on your part lol.

"

These trends mean huge challenges for Microsoft.

Microsoft makes more than 75% of its profits from Windows and Office. Less than 25% comes from its vaunted servers and tools. And Microsoft makes nothing from its xBox/Kinect entertainment division, while losing vast sums in its on-line division (negative $350M-$750M/quarter). No matter how much anyone likes the non-Windows Microsoft products, without the historical Windows/Office sales and profits, it’s hard to see how long Microsoft can remain sustainable."

I'll just be right here, awaiting apologies.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:

@Shewgenja said:

Yup lol.

And OP, somehow you managed to create this thread, post the link, and still come away with something that the article wasn't even getting at.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Microsoft should also give me an Xbox.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61484 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

"

These trends mean huge challenges for Microsoft.

Microsoft makes more than 75% of its profits from Windows and Office. Less than 25% comes from its vaunted servers and tools. And Microsoft makes nothing from its xBox/Kinect entertainment division, while losing vast sums in its on-line division (negative $350M-$750M/quarter). No matter how much anyone likes the non-Windows Microsoft products, without the historical Windows/Office sales and profits, it’s hard to see how long Microsoft can remain sustainable."

I'll just be right here, awaiting apologies.

Stormy specifically spoke about the Xbox brand, which your link actually corroborated his assertion. MS are in the negative with their Xbox division overall, yet are profiting since '07. Damn son, clue in.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I'm sorry to say this TC, but you need to have 500 posts to create a thread on SW. if you want to read more about this new rule here is a link to the SW survival guide.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/system-wars-survival-guide-2-0-forum-guidelines-an-31089433/#0