First video game you ever played?

• 133 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by inb4uall (5403 posts) -

What was the first video game you ever play?

Arcade, handheld, console, computer. All are fair game, just share with the rest of us what game started you down the yellow brick road that would eventually lead you to this demon spawn filled hole in cyber space. :D:twisted: Mine was pokemon blue.

PS I know there is already a first RPG ever thread but I wanted to make it more general. Its more interesting that way to see what everyones first time was with

gigiddy:P

#2 Posted by karas1234 (95 posts) -

Super Mario World (snes)

#3 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16686 posts) -

As I said in the other thread, the first one I remember was Super Mario Bros 3. Still my favorite 2D platformer ever.

#4 Posted by D3dr0_0 (3495 posts) -

Super Mario Bros.

#5 Posted by Zassimick (6382 posts) -

Super Mario Bros 3. One of my favorites still. Beat the game when I was three years old, tried beating the game again my Sophomore year of college and found the game got incredibly challenging! I am amazed by my younger self. :P

#6 Posted by inb4uall (5403 posts) -

Super Mario Bros 3. One of my favorites still. Beat the game when I was three years old, tried beating the game again my Sophomore year of college and found the game got incredibly challenging! I am amazed by my younger self. :P

Zassimick

little kids don't get pissed at video games. they has the determination. :P

#7 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12860 posts) -

Pac-Man arcade. I was like 5 and my dad had to hold me up to the controls. I didn't at the time understand that I was controlling Pac-Man, however, I just liked the 'bloop bloop wanka wanka' noises.

#8 Posted by -Unreal- (24538 posts) -

Must have been one of the Dizzy games on spectrum. Most likely a spectrum game anyway.

#9 Posted by bbkkristian (14946 posts) -
You know its a slow day in SW when people start posting personal topics :P Kidding. My first video game? Don't remember, varying from Mario on the NES to one of the many games my dad had on his computer. The first I could actually understand and play was Illusion of Gaia. Too bad the First Boss was as difficult as all hell. :x
#10 Posted by hippiesanta (9817 posts) -
Donkey Kong Jr... nintendo game and watch  still have one like in this pic.. and still working since the 80's
#11 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5149 posts) -

Super Mario Bros 3 on NES.

#12 Posted by bbkkristian (14946 posts) -
[QUOTE="hippiesanta"]Donkey Kong Jr... nintendo game and watch  still have one like in this pic.. and still working since the 80's

:shock: Whoa, I would like to think I owned one in the past, but its very unlikely; but that's gotta be worth some dough! :D
#13 Posted by Vaasman (11293 posts) -

Super Mario All Stars.

#14 Posted by josephl64 (4424 posts) -

Super Mario Bros. on the NES :)

#15 Posted by GhoX (4816 posts) -
I don't even know its name. It was a pet cat simulator of some sort that plays on the desktop, kinda like a screen saver.
#16 Posted by Lethargika (1666 posts) -
River Raid on Atari is my earliest memory.
#17 Posted by darkspineslayer (19570 posts) -
Super Mario World on the SNES...great times playing with my dad :)
#18 Posted by glez13 (8711 posts) -

Can't remember. Something on the 2600. Probably between Yar's Revenge, Asteroids or Combat.

#19 Posted by Cheleman (7616 posts) -

from what i remember... Sonic for the Sega Genesis

#20 Posted by LZ71 (10273 posts) -
Super Mario Bros. Great game that I went back to just the other day and beat again, realizing that it is much shorter then I remember.
#21 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -
DOOM on the PC, I don't think I did much other than shoot though, I think my dad did the walking and looking.
#22 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -
Super Mario Kart
#23 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -
That's hard, but probably Super Mario Bros.
#24 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

DOOM II: Hell on Earth BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#25 Posted by thom_maytees (3669 posts) -

I really do not know as I started playing video games at around the age of seven in 1982.

#26 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8798 posts) -

I'm not entirely sure, but it was probably one of these Intelevision games.

Donkey_Kong_for_Intellivision.JPG1085765815-00.jpg

intellivision_astrosmash_box.jpg

#27 Posted by majestix1988 (715 posts) -

battle city - superb tank experience

elevator action - bang bang

#28 Posted by joel_c17 (2830 posts) -
Duckhunt or Adams family on the nes - thats the earliest i can rememeber.
#29 Posted by Jag85 (4402 posts) -

I don't remember the exact first, but it was most likely one of these:

Zalaga (1984, Acorn Electron)

International Karate (1985, Spectrum / 1986, Amstrad/Apple/Atari/Commodore / 1989, DOS)

Alex Kidd in Miracle World (1986, Sega Master System)

Golden Axe (1989, Sega Mega Drive / 1990, Amstrad/Atari/Commodore/DOS/Spectrum)

#30 Posted by mems_1224 (46721 posts) -
the first game i ever played was the original mario on NES, the first game i ever beat by myself with no help from my older brother was link to the past.
#31 Posted by Ballroompirate (22602 posts) -

Resident Evil 1, I was 10 at the time it came out.

#32 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

When asked,I pick Quake 3 Arena Demo.

I played a few other small games before that,but can't remember their names,or anything about them,honestly...

#33 Posted by klusps (10381 posts) -

It was either solitaire or some pinball game on the PC.

#34 Posted by ispeakfact (5218 posts) -
Combat Atari 2600
#36 Posted by Life-is-a-Game (556 posts) -

Duck Hunt :D .. I remember when I was like 4-5 years playing the game on the NES with my older brothers. I used to go close to the T.V. and shoot the ducks like a pro :P

#37 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7262 posts) -

Super Mario Bros(NES). I still have the cart. :oops:

#38 Posted by Malta_1980 (11216 posts) -

Some of the very first games I played should be Hang On, Super Mario, Contra, R-Type, Contra, Kick off Double Dragon & International karate+

Brings so much memories :)

#39 Posted by FastEddie2121 (3081 posts) -
Commando. Don't remember exactly when, but it was stored on a cassette tape so it must have been a looong time ago. Who needs floppy discs? Gaming of a cassette tape storage is how you kick it old school.
#40 Posted by ArisShadows (22615 posts) -
Mario Bros. (NES)
#41 Posted by PAL360 (26755 posts) -

A game called Sir Fred, on Spectrum, around 87.

#43 Posted by getyeryayasout (7221 posts) -
Pong.
#44 Posted by Wiimotefan (4072 posts) -

Now thats just too far back for me.

All I know is that it was either an arcade game, or an Atari 2600 game. If I had to guess I would say it was either...

this.

tank-brigade-atari-2600-rom.jpg

Or this.

s_JungleHunt_1.png

Jungle Hunt was the only game I really liked before the NES came out.

#45 Posted by charizard1605 (56297 posts) -

Super Mario Bros. on the NES and the original MS DOS version of Prince of Persia.

Cliche, I know, but well, it is how it was :P

#46 Posted by bulby_g (1058 posts) -

Super Mario Bros. on the NES :)

josephl64
This! Followed by Duck Hunt which was on the same cart. :P
#47 Posted by jg4xchamp (47561 posts) -
Donkey Kong Country was the first one I owned from a console standpoint. But I think my first game was one of those....um like matel handheld thingies. I had one of the power rangers ones. If you were a child in the 90s....you should know what I'm talking about.
#48 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5291 posts) -
This game on the Atari 2600. I don't know what it was called but you had to shoot down planes and you had to protect these trucks which the planes would try and drop bombs on. I also had millipede and a few other games.
#49 Posted by Wiimotefan (4072 posts) -

This game on the Atari 2600. I don't know what it was called but you had to shoot down planes and you had to protect these trucks which the planes would try and drop bombs on. I also had millipede and a few other games. PernicioEnigma

I think those trucks were actually tanks. Hard to tell when everything is a series of blocks though. But yeah, that was one of the very few 2600 games I somewhat enjoyed.

#50 Posted by eNT1TY (988 posts) -
Pole Position or Galaxian in the arcades