• 111 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

Poll Fire Emblem: Awakening vs Persona 4 Golden (70 votes)

Fire Emblem: Awakening 41%
Persona 4 Golden 59%

Arguably both the best games on their respective systems, and both are epic, sprawling JRPGs with sweeping, orchestral storylines, a great soundtrack, but a focus on people and characters, and the relationships that they form.

These are two excellent games, at the top of their class, and they are very comparable. Which of these two do you like more, however?

• 
Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#51 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Someone tell me what's so amazing about Fire Emblem Awakening.

I don't know. It was my first and only FE game though and I found it pretty lackluster considering the hype. I wish they would just make another Advance Wars already.

On topic, I haven't played Persona yet but when or if I get a Vita, it will be the first game I get, and expect it to be better than FE:A.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#52 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@Jolt_counter119: Exactly. If you want to pimp out any exclusive for the 3DS, at least make it Link Between Worlds or something that's not as regressive for its franchise.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@Blabadon said:

@Jolt_counter119: Exactly. If you want to pimp out any exclusive for the 3DS, at least make it Link Between Worlds or something that's not as regressive for its franchise.

At least the 3DS game he picked was an exclusive and not a port...

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#54 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

The game that has Chie as a character

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

Things I'm willing to accept:

1. Chrom sucks, but I couldn't give a shit about him.
2. The plot falls off the map by the Valm arc, but I didn't really care for it as I was more focused on the character relationships that bloomed on the battlefield. I thought most people who played P4G didn't exactly care for the plot either.

Things I'm not:

1. That it's the worst in the series. Based on the sole fact that enemies are actually aggressive for once, I can't agree with that. If anything, Awakening should be considered one of the best in the series for that alone. FE6 had shitty-ass Roy (who fucking better not be in SSB4), FE7 had god awful tutorials. Both plus FE8 suffer from constrained map designs that, along with the AI, promoted wars of attrition above all else. Were it not for bandits and thieves, there was rarely ever a need to go agressive as you could slowly and safely roll through a stage. After they're taken care of (and they're usually easy to take care of), it's back to creeping forward. FE9's exempt from my hate as it made even the weakest of enemies a threat and occassionally aggressive on top of the bandits and thieves and whatnots. I'd say FE10 too, but I haven't played it and that had its own wealth of problems.
2. That it needed more mission variety. I thought map design and enemy formation / composition was more than sufficient to force you to change up your tactics and keep you on your toes.
3. That Valkyria Chronicles is a good game. It's not. :x
4. That P4G is anywhere near as cohesive an experience as FE13; that P4G's more than the sum of its parts. Again, I haven't played P4G, but if it's anything like P3, there's a huge divide created by school life and dungeon exploration. You go to school, do exams 'n shit, talk to random old people on the street, then go to Tartarus, the one connection between the two being that talking to lots of old people lets you summon more powerful demons. You spend quite a significant amount of time outside of dungeons, yet it never really seems relevant whereas in FE13, you spend maybe 5% of your time in camp and the rest of your time on the battlefield, yet that 5% has a great effect on the other 95% thanks to the Pair Up system. The game's quite in-your-face about it too what with the hearts popping up, your husband / wife's name being prominently displayed post-marriage, and eventually the coming of the children (who I swear are some of the most endearing characters ever created) among other things. It's really hard to forget the 5% you spend not fighting.
For the record, I'm aware P4G changes this up as all party members have SLs and boosting theirs in particular has effects aside from more powerful demons, but there are still many people who aren't party members that you'll have to deal with.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

are we talking what we like better? persona 4….i guess.

i put more hours in FE:A however.

can we pick something thats in the same category because idk if i can choose :(

Angryduck67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Angryduck67
Member since 2004 • 272 Posts

Persona 4 of all the....

I dig Atlus' style as much as the next guy, I really do. Fire Emblem is a borderline masterpiece. Persona 4 is a stuffy, overrated mess. It took me nearly 3 hours to get to the actual gameplay, after all the exposition about TV's that kill high schoolers. Can't say I was drawn in, and to top it off I get to plow through corridors and fight the same enemies I've been fighting for 15 years. Except this time I can actually control my teammates, lucky me, still can't properly customize and upgrade them to same extent I can my main character. I don't understand how after games like Nocturne or Digital Devil Saga this kind of stuff makes it to market without someone pulling the plug or going back to prototype. It's like they didn't learn anything at all, or maybe they did and pretended not to because they knew their fanbase well enough.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@Angryduck67 said:

Persona 4 of all the....

I dig Atlus' style as much as the next guy, I really do. Fire Emblem is a borderline masterpiece. Persona 4 is a stuffy, overrated mess. It took me nearly 3 hours to get to the actual gameplay, after all the exposition about TV's that kill high schoolers. Can't say I was drawn in, and to top it off I get to plow through corridors and fight the same enemies I've been fighting for 15 years. Except this time I can actually control my teammates, lucky me, still can't properly customize and upgrade them to same extent I can my main character. I don't understand how after games like Nocturne or Digital Devil Saga this kind of stuff makes it to market without someone pulling the plug or going back to prototype. It's like they didn't learn anything at all, or maybe they did and pretended not to because they knew their fanbase well enough.

Indeed, Personally I found P3 more appealing than P4 but they're both outclassed by Nocturne.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Persona 4 of course.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Got bored half way though Persona 4 Golden.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23942 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

Fire Emblem because it's not Baby Weeaboo's First SMT.

Instead it is Baby Weeaboo's first FE.

But yeah, Persona 4 is utter crap compared to the likes of Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga, Persona 2 and Devil Survivor. And yes, I started the series with Persona 4, couldnt return to it once I played the much better games in the series. Persona 4 is the worst thing to happen SMT (not the worst game in the series, but I dont like its influence of it one bit). There is literally no excuse for Persona 4's terrible pacing. The pacing is worse than Skyward Sword's.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Technoweirdo said:

2. The plot falls off the map by the Valm arc, but I didn't really care for it as I was more focused on the character relationships that bloomed on the battlefield. I thought most people who played P4G didn't exactly care for the plot either.

Things I'm not:

1. That it's the worst in the series. Based on the sole fact that enemies are actually aggressive for once, I can't agree with that. If anything, Awakening should be considered one of the best in the series for that alone. FE6 had shitty-ass Roy (who fucking better not be in SSB4), FE7 had god awful tutorials. Both plus FE8 suffer from constrained map designs that, along with the AI, promoted wars of attrition above all else. Were it not for bandits and thieves, there was rarely ever a need to go agressive as you could slowly and safely roll through a stage. After they're taken care of (and they're usually easy to take care of), it's back to creeping forward. FE9's exempt from my hate as it made even the weakest of enemies a threat and occassionally aggressive on top of the bandits and thieves and whatnots. I'd say FE10 too, but I haven't played it and that had its own wealth of problems.

2. That it needed more mission variety. I thought map design and enemy formation / composition was more than sufficient to force you to change up your tactics and keep you on your toes.

4. That P4G is anywhere near as cohesive an experience as FE13; that P4G's more than the sum of its parts. Again, I haven't played P4G, but if it's anything like P3, there's a huge divide created by school life and dungeon exploration. You go to school, do exams 'n shit, talk to random old people on the street, then go to Tartarus, the one connection between the two being that talking to lots of old people lets you summon more powerful demons. You spend quite a significant amount of time outside of dungeons, yet it never really seems relevant whereas in FE13, you spend maybe 5% of your time in camp and the rest of your time on the battlefield, yet that 5% has a great effect on the other 95% thanks to the Pair Up system. The game's quite in-your-face about it too what with the hearts popping up, your husband / wife's name being prominently displayed post-marriage, and eventually the coming of the children (who I swear are some of the most endearing characters ever created) among other things. It's really hard to forget the 5% you spend not fighting.

For the record, I'm aware P4G changes this up as all party members have SLs and boosting theirs in particular has effects aside from more powerful demons, but there are still many people who aren't party members that you'll have to deal with.

This post, I like this post.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#63  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

The game that has Chie as a character

FE: A has Lissa. Therefor FE: A> P4G.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

I should put more time into awakanenidnsds

Or actually paly it. ****, I ended up with that magician. Made her my waifu. Paried up with her in battle. Great success. Crumbs.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#65  Edited By Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

Awakening is one of the best games of its kind, could never get in into Persona

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#66 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

Awakening is one of the best games of its kind, Persona I could never get into.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45245 Posts

FF Tactics or Tactics Ogre > Awakening

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#68  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Or actually paly it. ****, I ended up with that magician. Made her my waifu. Paried up with her in battle. Great success. Crumbs.

The naughty librarian chick?

We speak the same language LTO. All the other princessy bitches are like why?

That librarian is clearly a freak. Plus, again, naughty librarian.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By jg4xchamp

@Technoweirdo said:

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#70  Edited By GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

Although P4 is ultimately the superior game, it's not an exclusive and I had already played it on PS2. As such, it wasn't nearly enough to persuade me into buying a Vita instead of 3DS.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts
@jg4xchamp said:

Oh yeah. The other ones are too... bitchy.. and.... obvious. Don't want.

I'm off to watch the final episode of True Detective. McConaughy needs his own vdeo game. That show is too intense for its own good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By deactivated-586249e1b64ba

@jg4xchamp said:

@Technoweirdo said:

I was a little more external every time racial tolerance or Isara were brought up. >:[ I also thought the game was too damn easy past the first Selvaria fight. What a great fight that was though.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 jg4xchamp
@freedomfreak said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Oh yeah. The other ones are too... bitchy.. and.... obvious. Don't want.

I'm off to watch the final episode of True Detective. McConaughy needs his own vdeo game. That show is too intense for its own good.

True Detective was terrific. Homeboy is about to get himself an Emmy and Oscar in the same year. I wonder if that's been done before.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#74  Edited By illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Technoweirdo said:

Things I'm not:

This post, I like this post.

As do I.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#75 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

It's rare that I actually have to think and post in a Charizard1605 thread. But mah br0 Technowierdo posted here.

I'd give the edge to Fire Emblem: Awakening. Mind you, this is based on the PS2 version of Persona 4 I played.

While incredibly flawed, particularly with the unit pairing system, the avatar logbook and the already mentioned valm arc, I thought Fire Emblem: Awakening was an installment that made some steps in the right direction. While not perfect in execution or balance, Awakening was able to free itself of the glorified XP management sim that the franchise has suffered from. I was playing it for for what it was: a strategy game. There was rarely a moment where I would do stupid shit just for that one unit to get that last hit so they can keep up.

I loved the idea that I could progress at my own pace. I was able to experiment with neglected characters of their appropriate level to see what they were capable of. I enjoyed having a choice of reclassing them if I wasnt satisfied with their role, or--If I were satisfied with their output--being able to commit to their promotion to further refine what they should specialize in (and which I dont have to fucking read an FAQ/Walkthrough for just to acquire the finite seals put into their game). It just wasnt about playing favourites and restricted unit types anymore.

While it may not be the best FE game, Awakening was probably the most important Fire Emblem to date and it was awesome that it found alot of success on its new handheld home. It makes me excited for Fire Emblem again, especially after the shit show that was Radiant Dawn and the run of the mill Shadow Dragon.

-

Persona 4 was great. But the things I enjoyed about most in that game I already enjoyed in Persona 3. P3 had most of the great things P4 had--the structure and the Persona creation; while still retaining a MegaTen atmosphere and arguably some better realised and intimidating characters. It just felt like I played P4 before. While it was enjoyable, it often felt like a monotonous slog of highschool detectives investigating a bland and tense-less murder mystery through a dull setting. To top it off, the revelations just wernt worth all that effort.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@Maroxad said:

@Aljosa23 said:

But yeah, Persona 4 is utter crap compared to the likes of Persona 2 and Devil Survivor. And yes, I started the series with Persona 4, couldnt return to it once I played the much better games in the series. Persona 4 is the worst thing to happen SMT (not the worst game in the series, but I dont like its influence of it one bit). There is literally no excuse for Persona 4's terrible pacing. The pacing is worse than Skyward Sword's.

LMAO

I was just being facetious but holy shit this post is hyperbole central. Remind me not to take you seriously from now on

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#77 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

P4 was awesome but I voted for the new game instead of a port from 2008.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#78  Edited By Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@freedomfreak said:

I picked her too lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By deactivated-586249e1b64ba

For the sake of adding more FE:A vs. P4G talk:

Owain's sword hand >>>>> (Bufu -> Bufu -> Bufu -> AW, SHIT, I NEED FIRE -> PYRO JACK -> Agi -> Something something New Chie -> RARARARARARA)

Prove me wrong, System Wars. >:[

@illmatic87 said:
I'd give the edge to Fire Emblem: Awakening. Mind you, this is based on the PS2 version of Persona 4 I played.

Mah br0 illmatic78 comes through!

-

Anyways, yeah, things like being able to being able to train units in the occassional skirmish (because RNG screws do happen, albeit far less often than previous games) and the [strike]Paladin[/strike] Great Knight no longer being a begginer death trap make it so that you're less restricted in tactics than ever. As you said, it's a strategy game. Why shouldn't you use the best moves available to you?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

P4G.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

Fire Emblem

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Maroxad

@Aljosa23 said:

@Maroxad said:

@Aljosa23 said:

But yeah, Persona 4 is utter crap compared to the likes of Persona 2 and Devil Survivor. And yes, I started the series with Persona 4, couldnt return to it once I played the much better games in the series. Persona 4 is the worst thing to happen SMT (not the worst game in the series, but I dont like its influence of it one bit). There is literally no excuse for Persona 4's terrible pacing. The pacing is worse than Skyward Sword's.

LMAO

I was just being facetious but holy shit this post is hyperbole central. Remind me not to take you seriously from now on

Where is the hyperbole if I may ask? 2-3 hours of no proper gameplay is unacceptable, the summer section and the start of the game were particulary unbearable. Between all the bad habits picked up from P4 to SMT4 as well as the persona 4 milkage, I cant really state that P4 did anything good to the franchise.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@Maroxad said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@Maroxad said:

@Aljosa23 said:

LMAO

Where is the hyperbole if I may ask? 2-3 hours of no proper gameplay is unacceptable, the summer section and the start of the game were particulary unbearable. Between all the bad habits picked up from P4 to SMT4 as well as the persona 4 milkage, I cant really state that P4 did anything good to the franchise.

You're complaining about 2-3 hours at the beginning of a game that's 50+ hours long, do you know how ridiculous that is? I had no problem with the beginning since the game does a great job and bringing you into its world. Certainly much better than something like Final Fantasy XIII that gets a lot of flak for its beginning.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-586249e1b64ba

@Maroxad said:

Wait, what? You'll have to explain here. My familiarity with P4 may be limited to my knowledge of P3 and a few hours of GiantBomb's Endurance Run, but I've never felt any influence from P4 whatsoever in SMT4.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Technoweirdo said:

@Maroxad said:

Wait, what? You'll have to explain here. My familiarity with P4 may be limited to my knowledge of P3 and a few hours of GiantBomb's Endurance Run, but I've never felt any influence from P4 whatsoever in SMT4.

I'm assuming he is referring to you being able to pick inherited abilities for fused demons?

Idk why someone would think that's a bad thing though.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Maroxad

@charizard1605 said:

@Technoweirdo said:

@Maroxad said:

I'm assuming he is referring to you being able to pick inherited abilities for fused demons?

Idk why someone would think that's a bad thing though.

That is a good thing, but P4G was not the first SMT to do that, Devil Survivor did the whole thing before that and has been a part of the series ever since.

What I am referring to is the whole hit enemies on the overworld map, to determine turn order nonsense, the map system which burrowed heavily from persona as well as the whole narrative giving me this neopersona feel. Of course I was probably a bit harsh to persona 4, the real culprit here is the whole Neopersona series (3 and 4). I dunno, it feels like SMT4 burrowed took a lot from persona after how successful persona 4 was, and the whole game suffered for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
Member since 2012 • 1173 Posts

@inb4uall said:

lel weeboos.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

Recently purchased a 3DS, still have to play Fire Emblem. P4 was really good on the Vita. (Nothing compared to 3 though)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By deactivated-586249e1b64ba

@Maroxad said:

That is a good thing, but P4G was not the first SMT to do that, Devil Survivor did the whole thing before that and has been a part of the series ever since.

What I am referring to is the whole hit enemies on the overworld map, to determine turn order nonsense, the map system which burrowed heavily from persona as well as the whole narrative giving me this neopersona feel. Of course I was probably a bit harsh to persona 4, the real culprit here is the whole Neopersona series (3 and 4). I dunno, it feels like SMT4 burrowed took a lot from persona after how successful persona 4 was, and the whole game suffered for it.

Eh, I'd chalk SMT4 adopting the field encounter system to random encounters being archaic and very, well, random. Outside of Pokemon and dungeon crawlers like Etrian Odyssey, I'm unaware of any RPGs that still use random encounters. With that in mind, you could say the RPG genre as a whole shaped SMT4 the way it is as it's almost expected for an RPG to use field encounters. Game still uses the Press Turn system though and is ruthless when given the slightest chance. Otherwise, the game'd feel like a gimped Persona.

Narrative? I'd make a comment on it, but I paid little attention to that and lots of attention to how friggin' awesome Tokyo was. lol It was like a cyberpunk Fallout with demons instead of mutants and you, The Vault Dweller, are a goddamn samurai with magic 'n guns 'n shit. Hell, that practically writes itself. Oh, said samurai is also the chosen one, but I thought that was common across SMT as a whole. As for the map system, you'll have to explain further.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Maroxad

@Technoweirdo said:

@Maroxad said:

Eh, I'd chalk SMT4 adopting the field encounter system to random encounters being archaic and very, well, random. Outside of Pokemon and dungeon crawlers like Etrian Odyssey, I'm unaware of any RPGs that still use random encounters. With that in mind, you could say the RPG genre as a whole shaped SMT4 the way it is as it's almost expected for an RPG to use field encounters. Game still uses the Press Turn system though and is ruthless when given the slightest chance. Otherwise, the game'd feel like a gimped Persona.

Narrative? I'd make a comment on it, but I paid little attention to that and lots of attention to how friggin' awesome Tokyo was. lol It was like a cyberpunk Fallout with demons instead of mutants and you, The Vault Dweller, are a goddamn samurai with magic 'n guns 'n shit. Hell, that practically writes itself. Oh, said samurai is also the chosen one, but I thought that was common across SMT as a whole. As for the map system, you'll have to explain further.

The issue I have with the field encounters is the whole swing sword on enemy blob to get first hit and do a bit of damage to everyone. It resulted that I got to go first in every battle I got into, and thus trivialized random encounters. Having encounters on the field is otherwise ok, but I dont like the way Persona did it.

As for the navigation/map, I am talking about the menu based navigation rather than what SMTs used to have, where you would traverse the overworld, occationally interact with stuff and get attacked too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Maroxad said:

@Technoweirdo said:

@Maroxad said:

The issue I have with the field encounters is the whole swing sword on enemy blob to get first hit and do a bit of damage to everyone. It resulted that I got to go first in every battle I got into, and thus trivialized random encounters. Having encounters on the field is otherwise ok, but I dont like the way Persona did it.

As for the navigation/map, I am talking about the menu based navigation rather than what SMTs used to have, where you would traverse the overworld, occationally interact with stuff and get attacked too.

The menu based navigation is only true for as long as you are in Mikado, which is the first four hours- after that, it's a full overworld map :|

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Maroxad

@charizard1605 said:

The menu based navigation is only true for as long as you are in Mikado, which is the first four hours- after that, it's a full overworld map :|

I didnt play much more than that, because at that point I had completely lost any interest to continue. So I will take your word for it.

I beat the minotaur, played a bit more, then said "**** this, I am just gonna play Etrian Odyssey instead.".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Maroxad said:

@charizard1605 said:

I didnt play much more than that, because at that point I had completely lost any interest to continue. So I will take your word for it.

I beat the minotaur, played a bit more, then said "**** this, I am just gonna play Etrian Odyssey instead.".

Maroxad, you can't pass judgement on a 100 hour game after having played 4 hours of it.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Maroxad

@charizard1605 said:

@Maroxad said:

@charizard1605 said:

Maroxad, you can't pass judgement on a 100 hour game after having played 4 hours of it.

I judged my first 5 hours or so, and they were bland as heck. Maybe it gets better later on, but I really couldnt force myself to play anymore, likewise, the continous hate I have been hearing about it wasn't encouraging me to carry on either, since they were right in line with my own. But then I will give it a few more hours before I call it quits, after the exams.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-586249e1b64ba

@Maroxad said:

This. Explains. So. Much.

Yes, the first four hours are absolutely terrible and I have no idea what Atlus was thinking with it nor do I blame you for giving up there. Would have given up myself, but I wanted to hit Tokyo before I did because it seemed markedly different from Mikado in trailers. Needless to say, I felt the next 30 minutes of suffering after Minotaur were damn worth it (though I would've preferred zero suffering). You really aren't that far from starting the game proper.

Also, with regards to encounters, I haven't seen much of SMT3, but I thought you always got first move in that.

@charizard1605 said:

To be fair, those 4 hours really are shit and if you went in 100% blind, probably what you expected out of the rest of the game.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By jg4xchamp

While yes you can't judge a "100" hour game on 4 hours, but let's not apologize for that bullshit.

Why the **** is he waiting for the game to get good? The ****, earn my investment, not make me wait for it. Which Persona did, really good game. But let's not act like he's crazy for thinking those first 4 hours are stupid. Because it's just buttoning through stuff, the game during that stretch.

Oh and Nocturne>SMT4.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@jg4xchamp said:

Oh and Nocturne>SMT4.