Fire Emblem: Awakening vs Persona 4 Golden

• 111 results
Edited 3 months, 2 days ago

Poll: Fire Emblem: Awakening vs Persona 4 Golden (66 votes)

Fire Emblem: Awakening 39%
Persona 4 Golden 61%

Arguably both the best games on their respective systems, and both are epic, sprawling JRPGs with sweeping, orchestral storylines, a great soundtrack, but a focus on people and characters, and the relationships that they form.

These are two excellent games, at the top of their class, and they are very comparable. Which of these two do you like more, however?

#1 Posted by charizard1605 (55499 posts) -

Oh by the way, there's only one right answer to this question, and it's not Fire Emblem.

#2 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29078 posts) -

Have been wanting to play Fire Emblem but don't have a 3DS unfortunately. When I played Persona 4 I couldn't really get into it, stopped after about 10 hours.

#3 Edited by Blabadon (25681 posts) -

Fire Emblem Awakening is one of the weaker entries in its own series.

Persona 4 Golden is one of the best JRPGs and even games of all time.

Winner: Dark Souls.

#4 Edited by bbkkristian (14913 posts) -

Stawwp, Chaz I can't decide.

Looks like Chaz finally beat mitu123 on the top posters.

#5 Edited by FlamesOfGrey (7463 posts) -

Fire Emblem Awakening is the worst game in the series. Persona 4 is arguably the best game in it's series with the Golden improving on it. Persona 4 Golden wins.

As much as I hope Intelligent Systems will go back to what made Fire Emblem great, Awakening sold too much and has garnered too much praise from newcomers to not continue on it's current path.

#6 Edited by charizard1605 (55499 posts) -

Stawwp, Chaz I can't decide.

Looks like Chaz finally beat mitu123 on the top posters.

It's been like that for over a month lol.

And pick one... now!

#7 Posted by Maroxad (7969 posts) -

Arguably both the best games on their respective systems no, and both are epic that is just wrong, P4 is as epic as an episode of Scooby Doo and FE:A is as generic as it comes and thus not epic, sprawling JRPGs with sweeping, orchestral storylines both had terrible storylines coupled with terrible pacing, a great soundtrack Persona 4 was tolerable for jPop, but a focus on people and characters, and the relationships that they form hence, they are both waifu sims.

These are two excellent games can you share some of those substances you are using with me?, at the top of their class No they aren't, in fact neiter is even the best in their series, and they are very comparable. Which of these two do you like more, however? I havent played Persona 4 Golden (did play P4 though and it was one of the most poorly paced jRPGs I have ever played), FE:A was poor SRPG

I havent played P4G, played P4 and thought it was really mediocre. FE:A is a disgrace on FE.

#8 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25543 posts) -

For crying out loud chaz, this is like asking me which testicle I'd like to keep.

#9 Posted by mems_1224 (46230 posts) -

Fire Emblem. Better characters, better writing and I preferred the gameplay over Persona's. I loved being able to fuse new personas though.

#10 Posted by bbkkristian (14913 posts) -

@charizard1605: I can't. ;_;

It's like choosing between my children. They both are excellent and unique. :)

#11 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (8695 posts) -

Very tough to choose, but P4G gets the very, very slight edge.

#12 Posted by Blabadon (25681 posts) -

@bbkkristian: That would imply you're going to have children.

#13 Edited by Sweenix (5396 posts) -

persona #vitameanslife

#14 Edited by charizard1605 (55499 posts) -

For crying out loud chaz, this is like asking me which testicle I'd like to keep.

Yes, and unless you answer quick, you lose both, so get on it!

@charizard1605: I can't. ;_;

It's like choosing between my children. They both are excellent and unique. :)

Yes, but one of them is a veritable Renaissance Man, the other sniffs glue.

Very tough to choose, but P4G gets the very, very slight edge.

See? This chick has balls.

#15 Edited by DJSAV_101 (3686 posts) -

I enjoyed both a lot. Based on time played though I prefer P4G (80+ hours) over FE:A (55 hours).

#16 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25543 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim said:

Floppy_Jim ain't gonna be no eunuch. Persona 4 Golden by an atom.

#17 Posted by charizard1605 (55499 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

Floppy_Jim ain't gonna be no eunuch. Persona 4 Golden by an atom.

Yosuke's 'critical hit to the nads,' DENIED

#18 Posted by inb4uall (5267 posts) -

lolchaztaste

#19 Posted by DocSanchez (1512 posts) -

Tell me why you did it Every dream falling apart

Tell me why you did it After the promise

#20 Edited by charizard1605 (55499 posts) -

@DocSanchez said:

Tell me why you did it Every dream falling apart

Tell me why you did it After the promise

So that's what the second line is!

#21 Posted by DocSanchez (1512 posts) -

@charizard1605: Went for that platinum trophy. 3 playthroughs, and I didn't regret it.

#22 Posted by benleslie5 (7732 posts) -

My vote still goes for Persona 4 Golden

#23 Edited by Technoweirdo (7068 posts) -

Funnily enough, I still haven't played P4G yet despite owning it, but I'll say this: FE:A didn't cost me $80 to get JP voiceovers. >:\

#24 Edited by charizard1605 (55499 posts) -

@charizard1605: Went for that platinum trophy. 3 playthroughs, and I didn't regret it.

I'm still working on that, lol. The Rise Trophy is a bitch to get!

#25 Edited by kingjazziephiz (2390 posts) -

I love them both equally

#26 Posted by remiks00 (1634 posts) -

Oh by the way, there's only one right answer to this question, and it's not Fire Emblem.

Why did you do this? lol, this is a tough Poll.

#27 Edited by Blabadon (25681 posts) -
#28 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11500 posts) -

Well, only one of them is on a good system. So I'm going with that one.

Plus, lolPersona4. Made by a buncha weeboos.

Why can't they make an American game like Fire Emblem?

#29 Edited by inb4uall (5267 posts) -

lel weeboos.

#30 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (10999 posts) -

I thought Persona 4 was amazing but waaaay too cheesy. I don't really think I can choose between the too either way.

#31 Posted by GreySeal9 (24007 posts) -

Hard to beat Persona 4, but a port of a PS2 game is nothing to brag about (had to get my anti-Vita shots in).

#32 Edited by darkspineslayer (19476 posts) -

Has TC ever made an interesting thread?

#33 Posted by Aljosa23 (24605 posts) -

Fire Emblem because it's not Baby Weeaboo's First SMT.

#34 Posted by Ballroompirate (22263 posts) -

Seriously you're gonna make me choose between my two fav HH games? :3

#35 Edited by freedom01 (595 posts) -

I'll go with Persona 4 Golden, as much as I enjoyed Fire Emblem Awakening, I've spent more time with P4G.

#36 Edited by freedom01 (595 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer said:

Well, only one of them is on a good system. So I'm going with that one.

Plus, lolPersona4. Made by a buncha weeboos.

Why can't they make an American game like Fire Emblem?

? FIre Emblem is a Japanese game...

#37 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26243 posts) -

This is a tough one.In fire emblem I liked the entier cast while P4G rise and yukiko exist.However the rest of the cast is so good it overshadows those 2.Hmmmm.

#38 Posted by Bigboi500 (29130 posts) -

It's hard to compare them since they're both in different sub-genres.

#40 Posted by jake44 (1942 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Fire Emblem Awakening is one of the weaker entries in its own series.

Persona 4 Golden is one of the best JRPGs and even games of all time.

Winner: Dark Souls.

Praise it

#41 Edited by Gue1 (9416 posts) -

I swear to god tc already made this thread last year and even though I have never played fire emblem because I hate handhelds Persona 4 it's in a level of its own. There is no comparison. Persona 4 is a truly unique experience, although I prefer the darker tone of the older ones. But when it comes to mechanics and innovation Persona 4 stomps on everything. This game is the complete package with terrific story, characters and graphics too.

#42 Edited by charizard1605 (55499 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

I swear to god tc already made this thread last year and even though I have never played fire emblem because I hate handhelds Persona 4 it's in a level of its own. There is no comparison. Persona 4 is a truly unique experience, although I prefer the darker tone of the older ones. But when it comes to mechanics and innovation Persona 4 stomps on everything. This game is the complete package with terrific story, characters and graphics too.

You should play FE:A if you get the chance!

#43 Posted by mems_1224 (46230 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

You should play FE:A if you get the chance!

He would never cheat on Sony like you, you whore.

#44 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5196 posts) -

FE:A because I haven't gotten off mah ass to play P4G.

#45 Edited by jg4xchamp (47063 posts) -

Persona 4 is a better game than Fire Emblem Awakening.

Awakening is fine and all, but it's a whole lot of pussification of things that made Fire Emblem enjoyable in the first place. And the mission variety is just straight up lacking. Forget being up to snuff with the likes of Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy Tactics, the brilliant Valkyria Chronicles, or something like X-Com Enemy Unknown(Commandy Mcduckyswag>that bitch chrom), it's not even the best fire emblem game. This is not to say it's not a good game, but it's completely outclassed by superior games in it's own franchsie and respective genre.

Persona 4 for my money is in a more elite territory in it's genre in comparison.

#46 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (24583 posts) -

screw you char as I thought this was more information for Fire Emblem X Shin Megami.

Plus Persona 4 Golden is a better game than Fire Emblem Awakening. (Not saying Fire Emblem Awakening is not worth your time because it is!)

#47 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26100 posts) -

P4 sounds boring and I love FE:A, so Awakening.

#48 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26243 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

I like P4G as much as the next guy but is it really unique when something like P3 exist.Its basically the same thing it just comes down to which characters and story you enjoyed more.Combat wise both games are just ok at best.Though the rest of what the game offers makes up for it.

#49 Posted by Blabadon (25681 posts) -

Someone tell me what's so amazing about Fire Emblem Awakening.

#50 Edited by lamprey263 (22775 posts) -

That's easy, I haven't play The Golden edition of Persona 4, just the PS2 version, and it's way better than Fire Emblem Awakening. And I have Fire Emblem Awakening. The story was okay, I liked the combat animations, the battle mechanics, but it got boring pretty quick, the main campaign has like two dozen battlefield maps and that's it. That's about two dozen points that move the story along. Most of the time playing that game was spent grinding the same small skirmish battlefield maps. There's also DLC which does little or nothing to make the game any better. It's still a good game, not saying I didn't like it, but Persona 4 was far superior to FE:A.