Find me a console game with a better texture then this one on PC Crysis 2

• 164 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrfrosty151986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 mrfrosty151986
Member since 2012 • 533 Posts

[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"]

[QUOTE="mrfrosty151986"]

:D

asdfasdf

nameless12345

bullets

The texture's so good that the shell casings are 2d!

So?

Modern games are still rather low-poly.

Crisp texture > blocky 3D model, tbh.

Bring on voxels if you want full 3D graphics...

They're not 3D... they're a 2D decal, but it's being addressed in a MOD...
mrfrosty151986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 mrfrosty151986
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="mrfrosty151986"][QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"] Show me a console gamer that even gives a sh!t.

You do for posting that comment, especially swearing too...... :lol:

I am a hermit you clueless dumbass, so try again. Like I said, show me a console gamer that even gives a sh!t. You can't because they don't. Also, your reply leads me to believe you aren't to bright seeing that ignorance was the best response you could come up with.

Personal insults now...... Touched a nerve have I....
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"][QUOTE="nameless12345"]

So?

Modern games are still rather low-poly.

Crisp texture > blocky 3D model, tbh.

Bring on voxels if you want full 3D graphics...

nameless12345

Voxels, why? Then you're going to have stupid little square bullets, unless you use a quadrillion voxels to define one casing instead of a 30~ poly one.

Voxels aren't geometry limited so a quadrillion voxels would be possible if you had a beefy CPU and lots of RAM.

They don't make any use of GPU acceleration, tho, and that's also the reason why they haven't established themselves.

But with modern GPUs supporting GPGPU, they could be used to render voxels too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OTOY

OTOY first showed its real-time rendering technology at the "Cinema 2.0" launch event for the ATI Radeon HD 4000 family of GPUs in June 2008. The technology demonstration, featuring ATI's mascot Ruby fleeing from a giant robot in a photorealistic New York City street, used ray tracing and voxel rendering and ran in realtime on 2 HD 4870 GPUs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YjXCae4Gu0

Voxels (volumetric pixels) can be accelerated by programmable shader equiped GPUs. Voxels are use for Crysis's terrain engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=betTuSmIFkQ Voxel accelerated by GPUs.

gamespot4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 gamespot4life
Member since 2007 • 1301 Posts

This texture is from the Maldo Mod. it does look great. I cant wait for a texture pack for farcry 3

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#55 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Dude...it's common knowledge that PCs are leaps and bounds ahead of consoles visually. What's the point in beating the dead horse anymore?

JameMcCabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 JameMcCabe
Member since 2012 • 326 Posts

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="mrfrosty151986"] You do for posting that comment, especially swearing too...... :lol:mrfrosty151986
I am a hermit you clueless dumbass, so try again. Like I said, show me a console gamer that even gives a sh!t. You can't because they don't. Also, your reply leads me to believe you aren't to bright seeing that ignorance was the best response you could come up with.

It's what they do best. Don't let it get to you.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

[QUOTE="mrfrosty151986"]

The detail:shock:

AmazonTreeBoa

Show me a console gamer that even gives a sh!t.

Recall "Teh CELL!!!" from PS3 fanboys.

Faceoff gaming web sites e.g. DF and Eurogamer.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

I am a hermit you clueless dumbass, so try again. Like I said, show me a console gamer that even gives a sh!t. You can't because they don't. Also, your reply leads me to believe you aren't to bright seeing that ignorance was the best response you could come up with.AmazonTreeBoa

Console gamer do care when you see threads comparing Gears 3 vs Uncharted 3.

They compare the smallest detail down to pixels like in the old thread where they maginified an Alan Wake screenshot and counted the pixels to confirm it was not 720P.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

TC is trying way too hard. All these stupidly obvious threads

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
[QUOTE="mrfrosty151986"][QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="mrfrosty151986"] You do for posting that comment, especially swearing too...... :lol:

No dumbass, I insult everybody here all the time. It is my SW persona moron. You want the nice me, then go to OT, computer hardware, PC, or PS3 forums.
slimjimbadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 slimjimbadboy
Member since 2006 • 1731 Posts

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="mrfrosty151986"]

The detail:shock:

ronvalencia

Show me a console gamer that even gives a sh!t.

Oh but haven't you heard? The bird is the word... no wait, consolites don't care about graphics.

mrfrosty151986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 mrfrosty151986

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"] Show me a console gamer that even gives a sh!t.slimjimbadboy

Oh but haven't you heard? The bird is the word... no wait, consolites don't care about graphics.

Hahaha... is that a joke? The sheer amount of threads about graphics made by console sheep in SW is ridiculous and you say they don't care?...Hahahaha :lol:

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 AmazonTreeBoa

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]I am a hermit you clueless dumbass, so try again. Like I said, show me a console gamer that even gives a sh!t. You can't because they don't. Also, your reply leads me to believe you aren't to bright seeing that ignorance was the best response you could come up with.RyviusARC

They compare the smallest detail down to pixels like in the old thread where they maginified an Alan Wake screenshot and counted the pixels to confirm it was not 720P.

No console gamers don't care. And your response clearly shows you have no clue what this thread is even about. You are comparing a console game to a console game.......herrr Derp. Seeing what I said clearly went over your head. I will explain. I am saying console gamers don't give a rats ass that PC has better graphics. Don't be so slow.
mrfrosty151986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 mrfrosty151986
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="mrfrosty151986"][QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"] I am a hermit you clueless dumbass, so try again. Like I said, show me a console gamer that even gives a sh!t. You can't because they don't. Also, your reply leads me to believe you aren't to bright seeing that ignorance was the best response you could come up with.

No dumbass, I insult everybody here all the time. It is my SW persona moron. You want the nice me, then go to OT, computer hardware, PC, or PS3 forums.

Oh dear, someone isn't getting any.....
Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 Innovazero2000
Member since 2006 • 3159 Posts

[QUOTE="slimjimbadboy"]

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

mrfrosty151986

Hahaha... is that a joke? The sheer amount of threads about graphics made by console sheep in SW is ridiculous and you say they don't care?...Hahahaha :lol:

They compare it among consoles, are you that naive? nobody outside of brainless trolls compare it to the PC's. Yet here you are day in and day out sounding like a broken record. These threads like a lot of others in SW's are a joke.

mrfrosty151986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 mrfrosty151986

[QUOTE="RyviusARC"]

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]I am a hermit you clueless dumbass, so try again. Like I said, show me a console gamer that even gives a sh!t. You can't because they don't. Also, your reply leads me to believe you aren't to bright seeing that ignorance was the best response you could come up with.AmazonTreeBoa

No console gamers don't care. And your response clearly shows you have no clue what this thread is even about. You are comparing a console game to a console game.......herrr Derp. Seeing what I said clearly went over your head. I will explain. I am saying console gamers don't give a rats ass that PC has better graphics. Don't be so slow.

Hahaha..... Is that a joke? Sheer amount of threads made by console sheep trying to say console games are better looking then PC is unreal... :lol:

Do you have your head up your ass which has resulted in you not seeing the threads or are really just that blind? :lol:

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Stupid thread is stupid.

mrfrosty151986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 mrfrosty151986
[QUOTE="mrfrosty151986"]

[QUOTE="slimjimbadboy"]

Innovazero2000

They compare it among consoles, are you that stupid? nobody outside of brainless trolls compare it to the PC's. Yet here you are day in and day out sounding like a broken record. These threads like a lot of others in SW's are a joke.

They compare graphics.....graphics... So obviously they do care about graphics, learn to comprehend.... D'bag :lol:
Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Innovazero2000

[QUOTE="Innovazero2000"][QUOTE="mrfrosty151986"]

mrfrosty151986

They compare it among consoles, are you that stupid? nobody outside of brainless trolls compare it to the PC's. Yet here you are day in and day out sounding like a broken record. These threads like a lot of others in SW's are a joke.

They compare graphics.....graphics... So obviously they do care about graphics, learn to comprehend.... D'bag :lol:

Apples to oranges, how about you comprehend. People like cars, do we compare honda's to Lamborghini? No...

Apparently you can't grip that reality, nobody(outside mindless trolls) is saying consoles look like PC's, again a broken record...

mrfrosty151986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 mrfrosty151986

[QUOTE="mrfrosty151986"][QUOTE="Innovazero2000"] They compare it among consoles, are you that stupid? nobody outside of brainless trolls compare it to the PC's. Yet here you are day in and day out sounding like a broken record. These threads like a lot of others in SW's are a joke.Innovazero2000

Apples to oranges, how about you comprehend. People like cars, do we compare honda's to Lamborghini? No...

Apparently you can't grip that reality, nobody(outside mindless trolls) is saying consoles look like PC's, again a broken record...

Maybe try searching the internet... people do compare Honda's to Lambo's :lol: And there's a few morons in here trying to compare there consoles to PC http://uk.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29174585/does-any-console-game-look-even-half-as-good-as-the-best-looking-pc-games?page=0
JameMcCabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 JameMcCabe
Member since 2012 • 326 Posts

This thread is so funny. You guys are pathetic, arguing over something so small and insignificant.

Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Innovazero2000
[QUOTE="Innovazero2000"]

[QUOTE="mrfrosty151986"] They compare graphics.....graphics... So obviously they do care about graphics, learn to comprehend.... D'bag :lol:mrfrosty151986

Maybe try searching the internet... people do compare Honda's to Lambo's :lol: And there's a few morons in here trying to compare there consoles to PC http://uk.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29174585/does-any-console-game-look-even-half-as-good-as-the-best-looking-pc-games?page=0

Who compares them, kids with some bolts on or a small turbo charger? Real car enthusiasts who understand the whole of a car is more then speed do not compare the two. Likewise, anybody with half a brain (hence trolls) do not compare the two. I have zero issues comparing console to console, but whole hearty ignore the ignorant console is as good as PC BS, much like daily threads saying the obvious PC has better graphics then console...well no ****. Instead focus your attention on the few morons who are blatantly being ridiculous. You're just turning into a hermit version of one. Got to be better then that? Nobody is going to find one that looks better then that picture because it's of higher resolution and using tessellation.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Blah, blah, blah. PC gamers this, console gamers that. GET NEW MATERIAL!
Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Innovazero2000
Blah, blah, blah. PC gamers this, console gamers that. GET NEW MATERIAL!clyde46
system wars, will never happen :P
mrfrosty151986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 mrfrosty151986
[QUOTE="mrfrosty151986"][QUOTE="Innovazero2000"]

Innovazero2000

Who compares them, kids with some bolts on or a small turbo charger? Real car enthusiasts who understand the whole of a car is more then speed do not compare the two. Likewise, anybody with half a brain (hence trolls) do not compare the two. I have zero issues comparing console to console, but whole hearty ignore the ignorant console is as good as PC BS, much like daily threads saying the obvious PC has better graphics then console...well no ****. Instead focus your attention on the few morons who are blatantly being ridiculous. You're just turning into a hermit version of one. Got to be better then that? Nobody is going to find one that looks better then that picture because it's of higher resolution and using tessellation.

It's not using tessellation :|
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 clyde46
[QUOTE="clyde46"]Blah, blah, blah. PC gamers this, console gamers that. GET NEW MATERIAL!Innovazero2000

It used to be fun, a few years back we used to have mega threads where console gamers would be adamant that Crysis 1 could be done on the consoles. It used to be a hoot arguing with them but now these machines are 7 years old being pitted against the latest hardware from today. Theres no contest, its like picking on the special kid at school. Plus the flame bait is so obvious now.
Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Innovazero2000

[QUOTE="Innovazero2000"][QUOTE="mrfrosty151986"] Maybe try searching the internet... people do compare Honda's to Lambo's :lol: And there's a few morons in here trying to compare there consoles to PC http://uk.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29174585/does-any-console-game-look-even-half-as-good-as-the-best-looking-pc-games?page=0mrfrosty151986

It's not using tessellation :|

The textures no, but the rocks look like it's under the DX11 setting? I don't remember them looking like that otherwise. Could be wrong though =X

Still awesome to look at though.

Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Innovazero2000
[QUOTE="Innovazero2000"][QUOTE="clyde46"]Blah, blah, blah. PC gamers this, console gamers that. GET NEW MATERIAL!clyde46

It used to be fun, a few years back we used to have mega threads where console gamers would be adamant that Crysis 1 could be done on the consoles. It used to be a hoot arguing with them but now these machines are 7 years old being pitted against the latest hardware from today. Theres no contest, its like picking on the special kid at school. Plus the flame bait is so obvious now.

touché, wave the stick and watch the fury lol
straightedge_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 straightedge_X
Member since 2012 • 712 Posts

This thread is so funny. You guys are pathetic, arguing over something so small and insignificant.

JameMcCabe
I'm going to pretend you're referring to their wienees hehe. /totallymature.
gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#80 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

The KZ3 crag screens will match that. Where's a cow when you need him?

*edit*

w3iwpnw1.png

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 AmazonTreeBoa

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="RyviusARC"]

mrfrosty151986

Hahaha..... Is that a joke? Sheer amount of threads made by console sheep trying to say console games are better looking then PC is unreal... :lol:

Do you have your head up your ass which has resulted in you not seeing the threads or are really just that blind? :lol:

Those threads are made my trolls you moron. Are you actually sitting here telling me you are so stupid you actually take troll threads seriously and try to use them in your arguments? Man that's just pathetic and laughable as hell. You truly are an idiot.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 AmazonTreeBoa
[QUOTE="mrfrosty151986"][QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="mrfrosty151986"] Personal insults now...... Touched a nerve have I....

Oh dear, someone isn't getting any.....

Well if you got outside more, you might get some. But you telling me about it isn't going to help your chances. Maybe someday you'll actually have it living with you like I do.
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

How come consolites are allowed to make gfx threads, even against the Wii...but if PC does it against little consoles we get yelled at.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#84 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

How come consolites are allowed to make gfx threads, even against the Wii...but if PC does it against little consoles we get yelled at.

Jankarcop
They hate to be reminded that they will always be in second place.
Peredith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Peredith
Member since 2011 • 2289 Posts

Pfft, real life looks better :cool: :P

ibfRh5yvTEbHmx.jpg

Oh wait, that's Crysis 2? :shock:

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

Find me a 2005 PC that can run that.. :|

Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Innovazero2000

OhSnapitz
You won't, not at that resolution...but neither will consoles, Maybe next gen?
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 princeofshapeir

OhSnapitz
Find me a console that can run Crysis 2 at a playable framerate with decent graphics.
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

Is that how you play games? Staring at textures? Are you a gamer or a poser?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 clyde46

dream431ca
Gotta get that forum swag somehow.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

dream431ca

you're so COOL!!!!!

Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Riadon2
Member since 2011 • 1598 Posts

Good PC Textures:

iQYyD6OLXOfEc.bmp

ibwplUKhpGubtV.bmp

"Good" Console textures:

new_uc3_3d_2.bmp.jpg

Gamespot screws with image size, open them in a new tab.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

You won't, not at that resolution...but neither will consoles, Maybe next gen?Innovazero2000

So why compare it in the first place? :|

Find me a console that can run Crysis 2 at a playable framerate with decent graphics. princeofshapeir

Well it seems neither GS or MC had a problem with its "playable frame rate" or "decent graphics".. so try again.

1080pOnly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 1080pOnly
Member since 2009 • 2216 Posts

JameMcCabe

I don't recall the TC's genetalia being mentioned...

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 princeofshapeir

[QUOTE="Innovazero2000"] You won't, not at that resolution...but neither will consoles, Maybe next gen?OhSnapitz

So why compare it in the first place? :|

Find me a console that can run Crysis 2 at a playable framerate with decent graphics. princeofshapeir

Well it seems neither GS or MC had a problem with its "playable frame rate" or "decent graphics".. so try again.

The two terms are subjective and their standards have been lowered considerably thanks to this prolonged console generation, but for me I define a playable framerate as anything above 35 FPS and decent graphics as fairly high-resolution textures and lack of pop-in and screen tearing. We all know that Crysis 2 on consoles has abominable frame rates that regularly plummet below 20 FPS and lots of screen tear and pop-in.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 AmazonTreeBoa
[QUOTE="mrfrosty151986"]

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"] No console gamers don't care. And your response clearly shows you have no clue what this thread is even about. You are comparing a console game to a console game.......herrr Derp. Seeing what I said clearly went over your head. I will explain. I am saying console gamers don't give a rats ass that PC has better graphics. Don't be so slow.AmazonTreeBoa

Those threads are made my trolls you moron. Are you actually sitting here telling me you are so stupid you actually take troll threads seriously and try to use them in your arguments? Man that's just pathetic and laughable as hell. You truly are an idiot.

Well answer me. Don't run away now. :lol::lol:
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

The KZ3 crag screens will match that. Where's a cow when you need him?

*edit*

gamecubepad

Is there any other texture that detailed in the KZ games? I already saw similar textures near the beginning of KZ3. I even took a screenshot. Are there any more? I can't recall seeing better textures and I'm near the end of the jungle level in KZ3.

KZ3-Cap-10.png

Oh wait. I got this too. It's nice while looking down. But, as soon as I stare straight ahead, the texture quality seems to take a nosedive.

KZ3-Cap-19-1.png

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#98 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I still think Uncharted 3/2, Killzone 3/2, and God of War 3 are the best looking games ever made. You can also put The Last of Us and God of War Acension up there as well.

But all systems have good looking games, except for the Wii but that's for the obvious reason that it was a last gen system.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

I still think Uncharted 3/2, Killzone 3/2, and God of War 3 are the best looking games ever made. You can also put The Last of Us and God of War Acension up there as well.

ShadowMoses900
Ever made? :lol:
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#100 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

MonsieurX

Ever made? :lol:

Yes.