Final Fantasy IX coming to PlayStation Store soon!

• 179 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

Well of course Xenogears is better, but you should really play S2 first just to be fair. It's never a good idea to get into a habit of renouncing games before you play them in light of your favorites.

hakanakumono

I'm not playing unless it hits PSN. I really can't see my self paying 70-100 bucks for a game I might not enjoy

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

Well of course Xenogears is better, but you should really play S2 first just to be fair. It's never a good idea to get into a habit of renouncing games before you play them in light of your favorites.

jasonharris48

I'm not playing unless it hits PSN. I really can't see my self paying 70-100 bucks for a game I might not enjoy

I don't blame you. I can't for the life of me understand why it hasn't made it to PSN, when Suikoden is already on there and #2 is the most in demand Suikoden, it seems.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

lol god no...FFIX is one game that will look horrible on the ps3 with its inferior ps1 bc..specially on high resolution tvs. Its the reason I rarely play ps1 games on my ps3.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 hakanakumono

lol god no...FFIX is one game that will look horrible on the ps3 with its inferior ps1 bc..specially on high resolution tvs. Its the reason I rarely play ps1 games on my ps3.

WilliamRLBaker

Inferior to what?

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#105 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Even though one of my best friends gave me this game for free(I got it late), I'll still buy it just for the hell of it.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

hakanakumono

Inferior to what?

ps2's ps1 bc, I've hooked my ps2 up via component to my LCD tv and even through upscalers and it just seems to be able to smooth the ps1 graphics far better then the ps3, I've done exhaustive tests to figure out how to get the ps3 to do better graphically on ps1 games resolution changes, turning off options hooking it up via hdmi, component cable. at 1080p, with smoking and the scaling on, through hdmi Ps1 games look horrible so pix-elated it hurts the eyes, through 480p resolution on hdmi its a little better but it seems to look even better through component and 480p, where as the ps2 just through component seems to look good at 480i...Maybe its not superior maybe its just inferior the ps3 adds so much the games look horrible such games designed not meant for such high resolutions and they look so pix-elted it makes the eyes bleed.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

WilliamRLBaker

Inferior to what?

ps2's ps1 bc, I've hooked my ps2 up via component to my LCD tv and even through upscalers and it just seems to be able to smooth the ps1 graphics far better then the ps3, I've done exhaustive tests to figure out how to get the ps3 to do better graphically on ps1 games resolution changes, turning off options hooking it up via hdmi, component cable. at 1080p, with smoking and the scaling on, through hdmi Ps1 games look horrible so pix-elated it hurts the eyes, through 480p resolution on hdmi its a little better but it seems to look even better through component and 480p, where as the ps2 just through component seems to look good at 480i...Maybe its not superior maybe its just inferior the ps3 adds so much the games look horrible such games designed not meant for such high resolutions and they look so pix-elted it makes the eyes bleed.

In my experience, I've found that the PS3 emulation looked better. Strangely enough the game looks best when I use the "stretch to fit" feature on the PS3 and then switch to a 4:3 resolution on my TV. I don't know why.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 jasonharris48

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

Inferior to what?

hakanakumono

In my experience, I've found that the PS3 emulation looked better. Strangely enough the game looks best when I use the "stretch to fit" feature on the PS3 and then switch to a 4:3 resolution on my TV. I don't know why.

Yea I notice FFVIII looked a tad bit better.

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

I could buy this for $2 used, so this game is too overpriced.

slipknot0129
Yeah but how reliable are you willing to bet that used copy would be? ;)
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#110 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14926 Posts
[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="Ibacai"][QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

I'm pretty sure Suikoden II is the most disappointing JRPG I've ever played.

I have it as one of my favorite games of all time. :P

A lot of people love it, which is why I was really looking forward to it. I played it and found every single aspect of the game generic. Go figure. :/

Really wish I could have been more impressed by it, but now I'm thinking of selling it tbh.

WRONG Suikoden II's story is very unique to the genre and uncliched, unlike most JRPGs including Xenogears. In fact, even with one of the most evil villains in history of gaming, its not a good vs evil story. Its not a save the world story either. In fact, its really about saving a friendship. Everything else, including the war, is just a backdrop. Extremely uncliched, and when there is cliches, most of the time, they subvert it, like the youth hero (his youth is looked in a tragic light not a heroic one). The only real problem with Suikoden II is the localization. The script isn't bad, they just didn't proofread it.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"] I never got around to playing it. I've only played S1,3,4 and the DS spin off. I'm positive it isn't as bad as part 4 was.

Honestly, it's roughly the same as IV in my book. The story is more ambitious, but it's handled terribly. I think the gameplay in IV is actually better, aside from taking forever to get anywhere by boat.

You can take my opinion with a grain of salt though, because a lot of people do love it. But I'wouldn't personally recommend spending 100$ over it.

Hmm I always hear people talking about the game and how Luca Blight is the greatest villain ever. Those people usually lose me when they say S2 is the best JRPG (now of course I think Xenogears is the best JRPG ever lol).

Xenogears problem is that even though it has "depth", the story wasn't told well. It has awful pacing problems, especially in Disc 2. Game was rsuhed...its an 8.5 out of 10 game. Its also cliched. A top 10 PS1 RPG, but not the top. Its no Planescape Torment. Luca Blight is pure evil. He even kills children and enjoys it. He is so evil everybody hates him and the final battle against him is legendary. The only character I can think of more evil than him is Kefka. But he isn't the main antagonist............
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

jasonharris48

you guys are actually saying it looks better with its ultra pixelization? man you guys must have impervious eyes it hurts my eyes just looking at how pix-elated they become on a high def tv on ps3. the only thing that survives the process is ps1 2d games, otherwise most 3d games any polygonal character looks horrible pix-elated and jaggied.

Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Rza_rectah
Member since 2005 • 3959 Posts

Cant wait to play the best ff of all time!!!!

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 jasonharris48

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"] In my experience, I've found that the PS3 emulation looked better. Strangely enough the game looks best when I use the "stretch to fit" feature on the PS3 and then switch to a 4:3 resolution on my TV. I don't know why.

WilliamRLBaker

you guys are actually saying it looks better with its ultra pixelization? man you guys must have impervious eyes it hurts my eyes just looking at how pix-elated they become on a high def tv on ps3. the only thing that survives the process is ps1 2d games, otherwise most 3d games any polygonal character looks horrible pix-elated and jaggied.

FFVIII was the only PSX title that looked a little bit better. When I played XenoGears, Vagrant Story on those settings it looked crap (both titles looked bad with the settings on or off). I should post a picture of Vagrant Story with the settings on (now that can hurt your eyes lol).

Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#115 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

[QUOTE="Supabul"]

I bought a PSPgo to fill up with PS1 games and this is the one I've been waiting for, the games look great on the small screen.

Rockman999

That's what I'm about to do, I've bought like around 5 gigs of PS1 games from the PSN store already.

Yeah it will be awesome, having all your favorite PS1 games all on a very cool looking portable, the only problem so far is why sony are taken so long getting everthing on the PSN All I have are FF7,FF8, Vagrant story, Guilty Gear, MGS, Syphon Filter, Crash Bandicoot . We need ever RPG release

The euro store sucks, no Resident evil, oddworld, Grandia

Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#116 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

Here's the Euro store PS1 games

A bug's life

Bishi Bashi Special

Crash Banidicoot

Future cop LAPD

Extreme Pinball

Crash bandicoot 3

G-police

James Pond 2

Judge Dredd

MediEvil

Magic Carpet

Jumping flash

MGS

Tom Clancys Rainbow six

Airboat Racing

CTR Crash team racing

Destruction dery

Jet Rider

Hi-Octane

Hardcore 4X4

Jet Rider 2

Motorhead

N20

Wipeout

Lio &Stitch

Tarzan

Hercules

The little Mermaid 2

Monsters Inc

Peter Pan

Winnie the pooh

Spin Jam

Superstar Dance club

FF 7

FF 8

Vagrant Story

Jigsaw Madness

Kula World

Sheep

Spin Jam

sorcerers Maze

Guilty Gear

Street Figher Alpha

Syphon filter

syphon filter 3

Championship Bass

Cool Boarders

International Track & field

Street Skater

Reel Fishing

Junior League Soccer

Street Skater 2

Command and conquer

C & C Red Alert

C& C retaliation

Populous

Creatures 3

Constructor

SimCity 2000

Syndicate Wars

Theme park

Theme Hospital

They should just call it PS one games and not PS one classics

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

I already have a good working Final Fantasy IX game so I will have to passed on this.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="Ibacai"] I have it as one of my favorite games of all time. :Ptexasgoldrush

A lot of people love it, which is why I was really looking forward to it. I played it and found every single aspect of the game generic. Go figure. :/

Really wish I could have been more impressed by it, but now I'm thinking of selling it tbh.

WRONG Suikoden II's story is very unique to the genre and uncliched, unlike most JRPGs including Xenogears. In fact, even with one of the most evil villains in history of gaming, its not a good vs evil story. Its not a save the world story either. In fact, its really about saving a friendship. Everything else, including the war, is just a backdrop. Extremely uncliched, and when there is cliches, most of the time, they subvert it, like the youth hero (his youth is looked in a tragic light not a heroic one). The only real problem with Suikoden II is the localization. The script isn't bad, they just didn't proofread it.

texasgoldrush, you never disappoint. :lol:

Here's your homework: Learn the difference between cliche's and archetypes.

P.S. I played the Japanese ver; "Bad translation" isn't going to cut it.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

WilliamRLBaker

Actually, I found that 2D looks worse. I don't mind seeing the jagged edges of the 3D and all of the pixels you weren't able to see before. It doesn't bother me. What does bother me is 2D images. For some reason, no matter what the system they come out all garbled. Its like there's garbage on top of all of the sprites. I noticed this on Saturn and on PS3, both in games that are full 2D or games that are 2D against a 3D background like Grandia or Xenogears.

What do you have your PS2 hooked up with? Composite or component?

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

hakanakumono

Sorry, Suikoden II's script is good, even in the English version. Unlike FF Tactics, Suikoden II's translation was quite clear. Its the spelling mistakes and lack of proofreading that hurt it. There is a reason why the vast majority of people who played the game absolutely love it...in fact, its one of the only games that has a 10.0 user score on Metacritic. The reason its not more well known is because the game is rare.

Xenogears is cliched, even for its time...but thats not my biggest problem with it, its the pacing and the unecessary convoluted plotline, as it feels forced. What plagues JRPGs are cliches, not archetypes. They have worn out many of their common storytelling aspects.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#121 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
If they release FFX and FFX-2 on blu-ray with trophies...I will literally go insane. I'm pretty pumped to play FFIX if this is true!
Avatar image for slothboyadvance
slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#122 slothboyadvance
Member since 2003 • 12596 Posts

Yeeeeeeeeeeaaahhh!!!!

My personal favorite Final Fantasy of all-time!

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 hakanakumono

Sorry, Suikoden II's script is good, even in the English version. Unlike FF Tactics, Suikoden II's translation was quite clear. Its the spelling mistakes and lack of proofreading that hurt it. There is a reason why the vast majority of people who played the game absolutely love it...in fact, its one of the only games that has a 10.0 user score on Metacritic. The reason its not more well known is because the game is rare.

Xenogears is cliched, even for its time...but thats not my biggest problem with it, its the pacing and the unecessary convoluted plotline, as it feels forced. What plagues JRPGs are cliches, not archetypes. They have worn out many of their common storytelling aspects.

texasgoldrush

Sure.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"]

hakanakumono

Sure.

http://giantenemyblog.com/the-top-10-rpgs-for-the-playstation/

Suikoden II is a near perfect story...the characters are great, the themes it presents are excellent, the plot is uncliched while staying in the spirit of the series, and has memorable moments. Its also has WRPG qualities like exploration, doing side quests that impact the main story, and moral decisions at some parts that affect the outcome of the game. The battle system is refreshingly fast as well and random encounters are less of a problem with the Let Go feature.

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

Square should just make every single FF on a bluray disc. I don't even want updated graphics just all the main FF's (11).

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"]

texasgoldrush

Sure.

Is that your blog?

Top 10 PSX RPGs

Looks like Xenogears is #1 on this one.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"]

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

Sure.

hakanakumono

Is that your blog?

nope

he ranks Chrono Cross too high and I have not played Grandia.

Here is one for console RPGs in general..

http://www.gamelemon.com/article_30010.jsp

#3 and take a wild guess on whats #1

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 hakanakumono

You should definitely play Grandia, I don't think you would have much trouble understanding it.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 texasgoldrush

You should definitely play Grandia, I don't think you would have much trouble understanding it.

hakanakumono
I undersdtand a game like Xenogears, its that it feels forced and pretentious.
Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Rockman999

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] WRONG Suikoden II's story is very unique to the genre and uncliched, unlike most JRPGs including Xenogears. In fact, even with one of the most evil villains in history of gaming, its not a good vs evil story. Its not a save the world story either. In fact, its really about saving a friendship. Everything else, including the war, is just a backdrop. Extremely uncliched, and when there is cliches, most of the time, they subvert it, like the youth hero (his youth is looked in a tragic light not a heroic one). The only real problem with Suikoden II is the localization. The script isn't bad, they just didn't proofread it.texasgoldrush

Cliched, really? How many JRPGs have you played were one of the main antagonists is actually one of the main character's many personalitie and you fight against God in giant robots? BTW Hakanakumono, it's been a while but wasn't Garf(or Graf I forget) partially one of the Fei's past incarnation?
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

texasgoldrush

I undersdtand a game like Xenogears, its that it feels forced and pretentious.

Sure.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"]

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

Rockman999

Cliched, really? How many JRPGs have you played were one of the main antagonists is actually one of the main character's many personalitie and you fight against God in giant robots? BTW Hakanakumono, it's been a while but wasn't Garf(or Graf I forget) partially one of the Fei's past incarnation?

SPOILER FOR XENOGEARS

No, Grahf is actually an incarnation of Lacan, Fei's father. But you're right. Xenogeras is one of the most original JRPG plots out there. Don't worry about texasgoldrush, he's not really worth the time.

kairikh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#133 kairikh
Member since 2008 • 1393 Posts

Not sure if anyone keep up with PSN charts but Final Fantasy VII ever since it was releaed on PSN last year on E3 the game been always the top selling game on there and Final Fantasy VIII comes close to second. now that we have FFVII and FFVIII it was a matter of time till FFIX gets annouced. Square Enix producer Shinji Hashimoto tweeted that more info on the downloadable version will be coming next week. yup now that FFIX is coming to PSN hopefully Sony and Square will release FFX and FFX-2 on 1 blu-ray with tropheis :D

Link

finalstar2007

:D told ya ;) more greatness, im looking 4ward 2 this one too ^_^!!!

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#134 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

[QUOTE="Rockman999"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"]

hakanakumono

SPOILER FOR XENOGEARS

No, Grahf is actually an incarnation of Lacan, Fei's father. But you're right. Xenogeras is one of the most original JRPG plots out there. Don't worry about texasgoldrush, he's not really worth the time.

Sorry, nitpicked here but Xenogears is my favorite game. [spoiler] Grahf is not an incarnation (As Lacan was a material being) of Lacan or Fei's father. Grahf is actually a split of Lacan, or personification of his state of mind, that happened when Lacan came in contact with the Zohar. And he's not technically Fei's father as he just resides within his body. It's Grahf's form of immortality. [/spoiler]
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#135 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Still got my PS1 copy so I'm set.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="Rockman999"]Cliched, really? How many JRPGs have you played were one of the main antagonists is actually one of the main character's many personalitie and you fight against God in giant robots? BTW Hakanakumono, it's been a while but wasn't Garf(or Graf I forget) partially one of the Fei's past incarnation?Ibacai

SPOILER FOR XENOGEARS

Sorry, nitpicked here but Xenogears is my favorite game. [spoiler] Grahf is not an incarnation (As Lacan was a material being) of Lacan or Fei's father. Grahf is actually a split of Lacan, or personification of his state of mind, that happened when Lacan came in contact with the Zohar. And he's not technically Fei's father as he just resides within his body. It's Grahf's form of immortality. [/spoiler]

Sorry, I didn't word it very well.

LenGen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 LenGen
Member since 2010 • 317 Posts
does anyone else hate zidane? his character looks so gay and cheesy.
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

Hopefully sqaure publishs there other great PS1 era RPGS

And other companies do.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
Sorry, I didn't word it very well.hakanakumono
It's why I apologized for nitpicking at the beginning of the post. :P
does anyone else hate zidane? his character looks so cheesy.LenGen
No, he's my favorite FF lead. Kind of a re-imagining of Locke, loosely anyways.
Abicus7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Abicus7
Member since 2007 • 2009 Posts

Xenogears is my favorite RPG of all time.

Vyylent5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Vyylent5
Member since 2009 • 310 Posts

It was pretty obvious it was coming soon. Anyways, I played it just over a year ago, so I'll wait on getting it for a bit.

What I really want is an announcement on Chrono Cross coming to psn.

nekoken104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 nekoken104
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Great News! FFIX is my favourite out of the FF games, so I'll definitely be getting this.
Kan0nF0dder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Kan0nF0dder
Member since 2009 • 1962 Posts

VII, VIII and now IX....absolutely awesome. Milkage it may be but who cares?!? And the fact I can play them on PSP too might just convince me to finally buy one so I have all the PS1 final fantasies on the move.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#144 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

VII, VIII and now IX....absolutely awesome. Milkage it may be but who cares?!? And the fact I can play them on PSP too might just convince me to finally buy one so I have all the PS1 final fantasies on the move.

Kan0nF0dder
ditto this. would love to see more PS one games and hopefully PS2 games cme to the online store. i never owned a PS one, so a lot of these games are like new to me.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

SPOILER FOR XENOGEARS

sorry, but the notion of fighting God or religion is cliche in JRPGs.......games did it before Xenogears.
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 jasonharris48

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="Rockman999"]Cliched, really? How many JRPGs have you played were one of the main antagonists is actually one of the main character's many personalitie and you fight against God in giant robots? BTW Hakanakumono, it's been a while but wasn't Garf(or Graf I forget) partially one of the Fei's past incarnation?texasgoldrush

SPOILER FOR XENOGEARS

sorry, but the notion of fighting God or religion is cliche in JRPGs.......games did it before Xenogears.

Xenogears plotline wasn't convoluted and the pacing was alright until disc 2 (which of course we all know XenoGears about budget cuts during development).

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 hakanakumono

fighting God or religiontexasgoldrush

It sounds like you don't have a very good understanding of Xenogears.

Anyways, humans rising up against powerful oppressive forces is an archetype held by many stories. As for fighting Gods or religion specifically, no it wasn't very common in JRPGs. The only game I can think of was fighting YHWH in one of the original Megaten games (which I only know about because I read about the series). But Xenogears isn't about "fighting God or religion," and anyone who claims this probably doesn't have a very good understanding of the game. Furthermore, sometimes it's how things are handled that set them apart.

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Rockman999

hakanakumono

SPOILER FOR XENOGEARS

I think he kinda ruined S2 for me, I mean really a big journey filled with epic battles and what not just to save a friendship? C'mon now what is this naruto? ugh. and Luca is bad *** because he killed children? Id destroyed frickin Solaris, a floating country filled with millions including children, by his damn self and he technically doesn't really even exist.
Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Rockman999

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"]fighting God or religionhakanakumono

It sounds like you don't have a very good understanding of Xenogears.

Anyways, humans rising up against powerful oppressive forces is an archetype held by many stories. As for fighting Gods or religion specifically, no it wasn't very common in JRPGs. The only game I can think of was fighting YHWH in one of the original Megaten games (which I only know about because I read about the series). But Xenogears isn't about "fighting God or religion," and anyone who claims this probably doesn't have a very good understanding of the game. Furthermore, sometimes it's how things are handled that set them apart.

Well I was just referring to Deus as God because he did create the first humans in that planet and his name is God in latin.
felipebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 felipebo
Member since 2009 • 4170 Posts

One of the best battle systems ever, but story was pretty forgettable.