Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth release date trailer!

• 74 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45306 Posts

@sargentd said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Damn, had to get it…

Don't buy that plastic junk

too late..

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8316 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@sargentd said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Damn, had to get it…

Don't buy that plastic junk

too late..

Smh lol...

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6374 Posts

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but your character level and stats from the first game don't roll over, so back to lvl 1 for you it is.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 913 Posts

Supposedly coming to Xbox? Although I doubt the 3 months later rumor.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8493 Posts

@Pedro said:

@pc_rocks: That includes PC, PS4 and PS5 installbase?

If TC is posting this figure now then I believe, yes. Why would a public company under report their sales!

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3490 Posts
@last_lap said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but your character level and stats from the first game don't roll over, so back to lvl 1 for you it is.

Now I wonder what excuse Square will say about it. Same story with Kingdom Hearts... Sora lost his abilities after sleeping in a capsule

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50610 Posts

Not really surprising. Was easy to cap

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61515 Posts

Best part is all you unlock are two summon materias for playing the first and intermission.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#59 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9735 Posts

Here are first hands-on previews for this game.

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/09/final-fantasy-vii-rebirth-first-hands-on-previews-gameplay-and-screenshots

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44344 Posts

Been seeing and hearing some fantastic impressions on this game. Hype levels rising.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#61 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14926 Posts

@omegamaster said:
@last_lap said:

Now I wonder what excuse Square will say about it. Same story with Kingdom Hearts... Sora lost his abilities after sleeping in a capsule

Mass Effect did this well.

Plot causes Shepard to go back to lvl 1 in ME2 but his or her level ports over from ME2 to ME3. And ME3 basically expanded ME2's skill tree.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 SolidGame_basic

@GameboyTroy said:

Here are first hands-on previews for this game.

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/09/final-fantasy-vii-rebirth-first-hands-on-previews-gameplay-and-screenshots

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

I don’t think I should watch.. don’t want to spoil it lol

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#63 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

Ps5 only. The last game was not released on Xbox.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3490 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:
@omegamaster said:
@last_lap said:

Mass Effect did this well.

Plot causes Shepard to go back to lvl 1 in ME2 but his or her level ports over from ME2 to ME3. And ME3 basically expanded ME2's skill tree.

I suppose FF7 Rebirth will be the same with weapons and summons too, like starting from scratch.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#65 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19617 Posts
@st_monica said:

As for the sales of FF7R, if we combine the 7 million users who actually bought FF7R with those who played it on PS Plus, which has 47 million subscribers, we can estimate that around 15-20 million people played the game. And with Rebirth, we can expect even more people to play it.

PlayTracker estimates even higher than that. Last I checked (earlier this year), Remake was estimated to have had 39 million players on PS Plus according to PlayTracker. If it can convert a significant chunk of those users, then that means Rebirth should sell a lot more than Remake did.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 texasgoldrush

@Jag85 said:
@st_monica said:

As for the sales of FF7R, if we combine the 7 million users who actually bought FF7R with those who played it on PS Plus, which has 47 million subscribers, we can estimate that around 15-20 million people played the game. And with Rebirth, we can expect even more people to play it.

PlayTracker estimates even higher than that. Last I checked (earlier this year), Remake was estimated to have had 39 million players on PS Plus according to PlayTracker. If it can convert a significant chunk of those users, then that means Rebirth should sell a lot more than Remake did.

Doesn't mean they liked the game or that they played a lot of it.

The problem is that really, they aren't selling to new fans, just getting the old ones on board again. Thats why FFVIIR had no good tail after the first month.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Jag85
@texasgoldrush said:
@Jag85 said:
@st_monica said:

The problem is that really, they aren't selling to new fans, just getting the old ones on board again. Thats why FFVIIR had no good tail after the first month.

Thanks to PS Plus, millions who never played FF before gave it a try and became fans. Out of the 39M estimated PS Plus players, if just over 1/4 of them are converted to paying fans, that would translate to about 10M sales for Rebirth.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SolidGame_basic
Loading Video...

Nice recap of the demo. Like that they expanded on exploration.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1170 Posts

Final Fantasy 7 was my first FF game. I really enjoy Realm Reborn, the MMORPG. Will I ever finish a FF game? Sadly, no. Will I ever buy a FF game again? Probably on a heavy discount or when I'm bored of my current selection of games, but I know that I'll drop it like I always do a handful of hours in. :/

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 texasgoldrush

@Jag85 said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@Jag85 said:
@st_monica said:

Thanks to PS Plus, millions who never played FF before gave it a try and became fans. Out of the 39M estimated PS Plus players, if just over 1/4 of them are converted to paying fans, that would translate to about 10M sales for Rebirth.

Or they just wait for it to go to Plus instead of spending money.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Jag85
@texasgoldrush said:
@Jag85 said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@Jag85 said:

Or they just wait for it to go to Plus instead of spending money.

Out of the estimated 39M free PS Plus players, I'd estimate about 10M would buy Rebirth and about 15-20M would wait for it go PS Plus.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 SolidGame_basic
Loading Video...

So good!

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

Is this actually a big deal? Because I've noticed the cows barely even mention Final Fantasy 16.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#74  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9735 Posts

I'm just going to mainly focus on the gameplay of this game.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...