Final Fantasy 13 > All other Final Fantasys ??

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JonSnow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 JonSnow777
Member since 2009 • 787 Posts
FF13 is probably the worst final fantasy.
W1ckedGo0se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 W1ckedGo0se
Member since 2008 • 1246 Posts

No...Not even close let alone FF6 my fav blows away for me every other Final Fantasy, I don't even considered FF13 to be a true Final Fantasy or an RPG for that matter from what I've seen. I've been tempted to actually test it for my self go rent ps3 ff13 and 360 ff13 play one and the other at the same time spaced a good bit apart so One is my learning partner the other uses the experience I've gained from that... but it was easy to dismiss the idea.

I have no real urge to actually play them just a small curiosity.

WilliamRLBaker

So you formed an opinion about it with out playing it? There is only so much you can figure out from watching internet videos of it and reading about it. Maybe you should play it because its a lot more fun then most people make it out to be. At minimum don't call it less then an RPG or not a true Final Fantasy with out ever playing the game through

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5468 Posts

No...Not even close let alone FF6 my fav blows away for me every other Final Fantasy, I don't even considered FF13 to be a true Final Fantasy or an RPG for that matter from what I've seen. I've been tempted to actually test it for my self go rent ps3 ff13 and 360 ff13 play one and the other at the same time spaced a good bit apart so One is my learning partner the other uses the experience I've gained from that... but it was easy to dismiss the idea.

I have no real urge to actually play them just a small curiosity.

WilliamRLBaker

Thats fair enough but come on you probably hate FF13 or hate on it due to the better version being on the GASP PS3. From what you typed i got that, i mean why rent both versions if not to prove to yourself something you cant believe? Tho i havent seen the 360 version in the flesh from comparisons i have seen the differences are hardly noticeable. It is a true FF as well you would see that if you gave it half a chance.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

I have to wonder about FF13.

If the changes they made are a result of expenses, with them saying cities are too expensive to make in this sort of game, where do they go from here?

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#55 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5468 Posts

If the changes they made are a result of expenses, with them saying cities are too expensive to make in this sort of game, where do they go from here?

AnnoyedDragon
Well thing is about FF13 i have to admit some of the Architecture and art design is ridiculous in scale. One corridor A CORRIDOR at the end of the game is just jaw dropping. The direction they could go is less time on graphics and more time on the open ended aspects and perhaps cities. Would the sacrifice be that big? You know they could approach the graphic from a less realistic angle as well.
gunit3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 gunit3000
Member since 2004 • 360 Posts

Bought the collectors edition, wish i didnt :(. The first few hours were awesome thn it got really stale...

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts
No, its shallow, missing alot of content, story is told at a ricidulous crap pace... and the combat doesnt get deeper after about 20 hours.... with a game that focuses on 5+ min fights... this gets repetitive fast. The game lacks so much content. hers hopeing Versus will fill the gap.
gunit3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 gunit3000
Member since 2004 • 360 Posts

FF7>FF6>FF10>FF8>FF13>FF12

Havent played the others

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#59 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I like it a lot, but I'm not about to crown it the best FF. I don't have a problem with the linearity of the maps, but I think they could have handled party members and who you can control better. The constant party alignments the game throws at you the first half of the game isn't ideal in my opinion. Just let me play as Lightning the whole damn time!

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts

[QUOTE="siLVURcross"]I like FF13, but no. Not even close.blazinpuertoroc

This. I am enjoying the game but the pacing, linearity, lack of compelling villains, hold the game back IMO. Im on Chapter 13 btw.

Am I the only one that thought lack of villains was actually a strong point in the game? i mean c'mon the good vs. evil thing is completely overdone. It's nice to see a change in the story really.
Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts
What I honestly don't get is how people complain about how linear XIII is, and then go on to say that X is one of the best in the series. How was that game not linear? Okay, given, you still had towns and every once in a while there would be those puzzle-temples. But it terms of level design it was "from A to B" the entire time. And also the complaint that you can only control one character at a time which I see here a lot as well: see FF XII. My personal favourites in the series still are VI and IX, but I have to say that I am enjoying FF XIII and whole lot (about 12 hours in now).
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

AnnoyedDragon

Did SE really say that?

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 AnnoyedDragon

Did SE really say that?

fend_oblivion

Well a more accurate quote would be they said there would be no towns, because towns are too much work to make in the HD console generation. My view on this is it's a cost related issue, lots of work = high costs. Since there are games with towns this generation, it must have to do with the quality level they were aiming to achieve.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#64 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

FF13 is probably the worst final fantasy.JonSnow777
No, it's FFII on the NES.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#65 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I haven't played it yet,but I've read and heard several disappointing reviews. Considering some of the quality of past FF games, I strongly doubt thatFF 13 is best in series. Most likely however, it may be better than FF 12 - which isn't a hard thing to do. :P

VauxhalI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 VauxhalI
Member since 2007 • 909 Posts

It's by far the most beautiful Final Fantasy yet, but that should in no way make it one of the best Final Fantasys. Think about it: Final Fantasy XIX will have far better graphics than Final Fantasy XIII, and so on. Graphics do not make a game good, because video games are not about graphics... they're about gameplay. This is something I think some people have forgotten since the release of nextgen consoles, and it's kind of sad.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

[QUOTE="fend_oblivion"]

Did SE really say that?

AnnoyedDragon

Well a more accurate quote would be they said there would be no towns, because towns are too much work to make in the HD console generation. My view on this is it's a cost related issue, lots of work = high costs. Since there are games with towns this generation, it must have to do with the quality level they were aiming to achieve.

Their statement is confusing, because there are large metropolis areas in FFXIII. Perhaps they mean more frequent "towns" that serve as hubs at regular intervals.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#68 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

Wait until your 10-20 hours in and the gameplay hasn't changed one bit. Then you'll realize what people say when it is far to linear.

Wasdie
Sounds an awful lot like how the first Assassin's Creed went. :(
ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

[QUOTE="JonSnow777"]FF13 is probably the worst final fantasy.mitu123

No, it's FFII on the NES.

I agree. Although the story in 2 was more in depth than the story in 1, the lack of exp and levels sucked. Hard. Especially for magic use. Personally, I rate them as follows. The only thing that would really knock 2 out of last place is if I included X-2 in the list.

1. FF Tactics

2. FF 6

3. FF 1

4. FF 11

5. FF 7

6. FF 4

7. FF 9

8. FF 12

9. FF 13 (Tentative. Haven't finished it yet.)

10. FF 8

11. FF 5

12. FF 3

13. FF 10

14. FF 2

AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#70 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts

I have only played it for about 3 hours so far. I would call "decent" but not "great" from what i have seen. This is largely due to the characters. Out of 5 i hate 3 of them (Snow, Vanille and Hope). Some of the dialog has been painfully cheesy and almost vomit worthy in trying to force emotional scenes on you to do with characters you have met for like 3 minutes and have no attachment to. Lightning and Sazh are however fantastic, the graphics and music are amazing and the battle system seems fun though i can't wait for it to open up.

mgkennedy5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#71 mgkennedy5
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts
whoa whoa whoa..... no. FFVII and FFX come to mind instantly for me anyway haha
KzJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 KzJoe
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

interesting to see all your complaints but I think that I really like controlling one character at a time, and how linear it is... and how there is no towns just for the sake of they're being towns.... FF13 is by far one of the best RPGs I've played and my top FF list would currently be ..

1. Crisis Core

2. FF13

3. FF7

4. FF X

5. FF IV

mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 mtradr43
Member since 2005 • 5272 Posts
no, i would have it in the lower grouping of the final fantasy games that i have played imo. not much to do during the game, not much to do after, story kinda falls apart, no fleshed out villain imo. lot of things that need to be improved on for ff15
SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts
FF IX is still my favorite. I'm loving XIII so far though. Around 18 hours into it. It's one of my favorites. Not the best one though. At least not yet.
Origami_Kill3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Origami_Kill3r
Member since 2010 • 647 Posts
ppl hate change. If the game wasn't a final fantasy it would have got 9
SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts

AnnoyedDragon
Towns wouldn't work in terms of the story. Imagine this: You're branded an outcast. Would you run away? Or go shopping in the capital city where everyone wants your head?
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 AnnoyedDragon

Towns wouldn't work in terms of the story. Imagine this: You're branded an outcast. Would you run away? Or go shopping in the capital city where everyone wants your head?SilverChimera

You have to ask yourself, did they design the game for the story; or did they design the story for what they could afford to do in the game?

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

ppl hate change. If the game wasn't a final fantasy it would have got 9Origami_Kill3r
It's not that FF fans hate change. Hard to be a fan of the series if you hate change, since everything from the characters and game universe to the core gameplay mechanics changes in every game. It's just that sometimes change is better than others. For instance, 'leveling up' changed drastically from FF1 to FF2. And it was very bad. Materia system in FF7 was a big change, and it was pretty cool.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

[QUOTE="SilverChimera"]Towns wouldn't work in terms of the story. Imagine this: You're branded an outcast. Would you run away? Or go shopping in the capital city where everyone wants your head?AnnoyedDragon

You have to ask yourself, did they design the game for the story; or did they design the story for what they could afford to do in the game?

I still think the expense thing is BS...I think the main reason why they didn't bother with towns is because it'd take too much time. Look at this, they're busy with Agito XIII, VS XIII, FF 14, Nier and what not. Their development teams are stretched too far. They had to ask the VS 13 team to help them complete FF 13. I'm pretty sure the lack of towns was more of rushing to release the game (on both consoles) than a design choice or cost of expense.

And I'm also pretty sure SE noticed that out of all their main entries, FF 13 was the one that got the least critical praise. Hence the reason as to why they're implementing towns, world map, airship etc in FF VS 13.