Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Which game is better?

• 160 results
Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Which game is better? (168 votes)

Fallout 3 45%
Fallous: New Vegas 55%

Well there is Fallout 4 coming out. Do you want Fallout 4 look more like Fallout 3 or like Fallout New Vegas? Which fallout game you liked more?

Fallout 3

New Vegas

• 
Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#151 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

Lets just say I was able to complete FalloutNV and quit 8 hours into Fallout 3

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23920 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

@N30F3N1X: People are saying they preferred the world, that it felt more to them. A list of quests doesn't do it.

I dont see how though. New Vegas' world was significantly more coherrent and had superior writing too, and didnt divide the world into this,

Loading Video...

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts
@DocSanchez said:

@N30F3N1X: People are saying they preferred the world, that it felt more to them. A list of quests doesn't do it.

I specifically quoted a person who said story and variety of locations and factually explained THAT NEITHER OF THEM MAKE ANY FUCKING SENSE with the given premises. I didn't mention any list of quests anywhere.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

Getting into fallout 3 is lot harder after playing new vegas, I don't doubt. But I think new vegas is too big in terms of scope judging by this picture.. Everytime I play it, I get easily distracted doing all the side quest for new vegas and can't remember a lick of the storyline. I still think kotor 2 is a really great game from obsidian though.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#155 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14903 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

but how the world is written is part of world building.

Fallout New Vegas whips Fallout 3 in that regard.

But The Witcher 3 whips New Vegas....that was on the next level.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#156 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

Surprised it's not locked yet, but I'll go with New Vegas. Loving it a lot, I also love the setting and atmosphere even if the wasteland is a bit dull. Characters are more interesting than TES characters and probably more so than FO3 even if that isn't saying much. Also, TONS of quests and choices to make.

whateverUsay64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By whateverUsay64
Member since 2015 • 31 Posts

I think Fallout 3 had an easier job, being the 1st game in Oblivion's engine, which leads me to a fiew points

With 3 - they are using this new engine/graphics to SHOW you how gory, amazing and sad the wasteland is. Even the main character never left the vault in his life - an intentional design choice meant for you to immerse yourself in this universe. Meanwhile the emphasis on the graphic surroundings was nowhere as near as this and it was also never as "serious" in previous games, where the setting was there mostly to set game rules and explain the storyline, and where characters feel more like members of a new civilization.

Personaly i think the engine is terrible for a fallout game but whatever. Both these games don't leave borders of Oblivion gameplay, and these games put this first-person-grab-everything-you-see style of playing over the other significant segments of fallout formula. Also new vegas rly needed a classic fallout world map, i mean it's like walking throgh a miniature golf course - too small for the ammount of content it has

While FO3 is is good at *explaining what fallout series is about, it can get very serious and very recent-nuclear-ish. New Vegas at least makes a more visible attempt to bring back the "feel" of the older titles with the dark humor (and it is a bit less serious), tons of unmarked side/mini quests and to me the most important - the wider pitcure: yes everyone knows the world has gone to sh*t, but they keep waging war - a primal instinct at work, where i feel FO3 wants to keep things simple, and is more less about good guys vs bad guys

Anyway, since they are both good, if you are new to the series Fallout 3 will better explain (if not leave out a bit) what fallout series is about, but i must say i appreciate what they did with New Vegas more, and i aint even into that cowboy stuff

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#159 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Fallout 3. New Vegas was major bleh.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#160  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Fallout: New Vegas. Better questing, better story telling, better world design, actual checks and balances you would expect from a RPG, and all of that in spite of the fact that the game is tied to Fallout 3's engine including that lame combat engine.

New Vegas is a damn good RPG, Fallout 3 is The Bethesda game. Fun in an escapist sort of way, but shallow across the board.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

FO:NV

• -Exponentially more quests.
  • -Better atmosphere and more open world.
  • -WAAY More weapons, armors, enemies, locations.
  • -Factions with real differing branching stories. (Moreso than Skyrim).
  • -Better writing, dialogue, and rpg mechanics.
  • -Much Better DLC and Mods

-Better RPG mechanics..

FO: 3

• -More Polished

lol