Epic Games Store 2020 Year in Review - 56 million monthly active users and other stats!

• 69 results
Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#51 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69945 Posts

Damn! With Steam clocking 120 million and now EGS with 56 million, no wondering console fannies have been sweating over graphics comparisons with PCs. 😂

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8492 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

And I'm the one that's butthurt? lol!

Yup! There are countless contradictory posts from you is a living proof of it. And you're going to prove it once again with a new thread. Hint: There's another news about Steam for you to post. ;)

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45300 Posts

@pc_rocks said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Yup! There are countless contradictory posts from you is a living proof of it. And you're going to prove it once again with a new thread. Hint: There's another news about Steam for you to post. ;)

You love me, I know 😉

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 PC_Rocks

@SolidGame_basic said:
@pc_rocks said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

You love me, I know 😉

Are you a hot girl?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Pedro  Online

@pc_rocks said:

Are you a hot girl?

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 SolidGame_basic
@Pedro said:
@pc_rocks said:

Are you a hot girl?

Uh.. Pedro is.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Pedro  Online

@SolidGame_basic said:

Uh.. Pedro is.

As if being a hot girl is a bad thing. 😂 Ugly people are so funny. 😉

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 SolidGame_basic

@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Uh.. Pedro is.

As if being a hot girl is a bad thing. 😂 Ugly people are so funny. 😉

Yea, you're right, we are 😮 Why don't you create a SW selfie thread and show us your beauty?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Pedro  Online

@SolidGame_basic said:

Yea, you're right, we are 😮 Why don't you create a SW selfie thread and show us your beauty?

Sorry, I don't take requests from ugly people. 😎 And like this thread, that would not be SW related. 😮

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 SolidGame_basic

@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Sorry, I don't take requests from ugly people. 😎 And like this thread, that would not be SW related. 😮

Your memory must be foggy, we used to have selfie threads. Not like I'm volunteering though haha!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Pedro  Online

@SolidGame_basic said:

Your memory must be foggy, we used to have selfie threads. Not like I'm volunteering though haha!

I am glad you are not volunteering. 😎

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 PC_Rocks

@SolidGame_basic said:
@Pedro said:
@pc_rocks said:

Are you a hot girl?

Uh.. Pedro is.

So a no...as expected.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1886 Posts

@Litchie said:
@jasonofa36 said:

I'd hate to see what would happen to EGS once Fortnite dies.

Maybe they'd be forced to do something good.

Fortnite is not dying. It's at the point where it's basically a WoW, you can't kill it. Like even without iOS, 22.5 million gamers are playing Fortnite daily. Roughly 937,500 is the average number of concurrent players. Let me break it down, almost 1 million gamers are playing Fortnite at the exact same time. If I had to guestimate though, I'd say about 700k at the lowest and 1.1 million at it's peak concurrent.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65  Edited By JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

@luxuryheart said:
@Litchie said:
@jasonofa36 said:

Fortnite is not dying. It's at the point where it's basically a WoW, you can't kill it. Like even without iOS, 22.5 million gamers are playing Fortnite daily. Roughly 937,500 is the average number of concurrent players. Let me break it down, almost 1 million gamers are playing Fortnite at the exact same time. If I had to guestimate though, I'd say about 700k at the lowest and 1.1 million at it's peak concurrent.

Damn, about as good as CSGO.

ZmanBarzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 ZmanBarzel
Member since 2014 • 3141 Posts

I've grabbed all the EGS freebies -- heck, I even have the pre-EGS giveaway of "Shadow Complex Remastered" -- but the only two games I've actually downloaded and played are the "Samurai Shodown" collection and "Fez."

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#67 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19611 Posts
@mirautaj said:

I'm kinda surprised by the 700M spent on EGS. Didnt Fortnite alone make 2.5 Billion in 2018 and 1.8 Billion in 2019?

Fortnite made $2.4B in 2018 and $1.8B in 2019, but dropped down to just over $1B in 2020:

Highest-Grossing Games of 2020: PUBG Dethrones Fortnite

Nevertheless, the $1B+ that Fortnite made in 2020 is still more than the entire EGS. Since the EGS accounts for $435M of the Fortnite money in 2020, that would mean over $565M of the Fortnite money last year came from outside the EGS.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Jag85

@luxuryheart said:
@Litchie said:
@jasonofa36 said:

Fortnite definitely isn't dying, but it is declining. It went from an annual peak revenue of $2.4 billion in 2018, down to $1.8B in 2019, and then down to just over $1B in 2020:

Still, most AAA games can only dream of making $1B annually. But it is a cause for concern that Fortnite has been trending downwards for the last two years in a row.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1886 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@luxuryheart said:
@Litchie said:
@jasonofa36 said:

Fortnite definitely isn't dying, but it is declining. It went from an annual peak revenue of $2.4 billion in 2018, down to $1.8B in 2019, and then down to just over $1B in 2020:

Still, most AAA games can only dream of making $1B annually. But it is a cause for concern that Fortnite has been trending downwards for the last two years in a row.

Fortnite has 350 million registered accounts for Fortnite, and 116 million are on iOS devices. So losing that number, it's about 234 million now, which is a huge loss. However, let's be honest here. Fortnite is bound to get less relevant as time goes on, much like WoW and League of Legends. However, they're still monsters that will stay big forever. I see Fortnite going down that same route where it gets less relevant as the years go by, but you still won't kill it.

https://culturedvultures.com/how-many-people-still-play-fortnite/

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Jag85
@luxuryheart said:
@Jag85 said:
@luxuryheart said:
@Litchie said:
@jasonofa36 said:

Fortnite has 350 million registered accounts for Fortnite, and 116 million are on iOS devices. So losing that number, it's about 234 million now, which is a huge loss. However, let's be honest here. Fortnite is bound to get less relevant as time goes on, much like WoW and League of Legends. However, they're still monsters that will stay big forever. I see Fortnite going down that same route where it gets less relevant as the years go by, but you still won't kill it.

https://culturedvultures.com/how-many-people-still-play-fortnite/

The Epic-Apple fallout definitely had a big impact on Fortnite, which lost out on its mobile audience. Now its audience is limited to PC and console players.

Another major factor is Fortnite's failure in Asia. While Fortnite is a household name in the West, it's a flop over in Asia. And like I said in that thread, Asia (especially China) is where the big money is at. That's where the likes of PUBG, LoL and WoW make most of their money. So Fortnite is losing out on the Asia/China money.

Nevertheless, Fortnite is not going anywhere. It will likely still be around for a long time, and still make a lot of money. But just not as much as it used to.