Epic Games Developer Account on Apple's App Store has just been Terminated!

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

https://www.macrumors.com/2020/08/28/apple-terminates-epic-games-developer-account/

You are terminated!
You are terminated!

After refusing to comply with Apples policies for the past 15 days Epic Games Developer Account has just been erased.

The judge did not force Apple to return Fortnite back to the App Store and said Epic's wounds were self inflicted.

Apple however was forced to let Epic Games keep the Unreal Engine Developer Account open for iOS with a court order.

If I was Apple I'm feeling pretty powerful right now. Microsoft wanted xCloud on iOS and got denied and filed public complaints against Apple.

I think if I'm Apple right now I might hold a bit of grudge against Microsoft and Epic Games for trying sabotage my company. Never bite the hand that feeds you. You messed with the wrong company.

Thats just me though Apple maybe is a more benevolent God.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9400 Posts

Get rekt Timcent

@ProtossRushX said:

...Apple maybe is a more benevolent God.

Lol. That's pretty funny.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11613 Posts

Epic owned themselves, easily one of the dumbest power plays in history.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Both companies are scummy, I hope they do as much damage as possible they deserve each other.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59013 Posts

In the year of out lord, 2020. Patriots of Epic, billionaires and not definitely not outnumbered, ordered Fortnite children to charge the field, They fought like warrior poets, they fought like something something.

And won fuckall.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

@uninspiredcup said:

In the year of out lord, 2020. Patriots of Epic, billionaires and not outnumbered, ordered Fortnite children to charge the field, They fought like warrior poets, they fought like something something.

And won fuckall.

Tim Sweeney the head of epic doesn't even care about being terminated. He's out plugging his competitors since they all use Epic's unreal engine so he still makes money off iOS. Thats why Apple tried to shutdown unreal engine too lol.

These companies are so monoplistic it's sick.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44219 Posts

Don’t worry they’ll all work out and be back making money with each other soon enough. Just companies flexing like companies do. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Why should I care? I honestly wouldn't care if all three companies went under.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7206 Posts

That’s what happens when you send a child to do a mans job.

Apple - This is Sparta!

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i like apple more than epic. so im rooting for apple.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3059 Posts

I'm no fan of Apple... but I hate fortnite, so this makes me smile

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Great news, epic are scum.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46331 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

In the year of out lord, 2020. Patriots of Epic, billionaires and not definitely not outnumbered, ordered Fortnite children to charge the field, They fought like warrior poets, they fought like something something.

And won fuckall.

Or perhaps they lazily sat in their chairs watching their smartphone/tablet screen and did nothing, like we thought them to.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#14  Edited By BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17812 Posts

Apple is the worst anyway. I hate their products and their practices. I have never bought an Apple product in my life and probably never will. Fuk Apple.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11105 Posts

I'm completely indifferent to Apple, but watching Epic's hubris get them owned in this whole fiasco has been big laughs. It's amusing to say the least.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8476 Posts

Wait, I thought the judge prevented dev account from termination or did I miss something?

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Don’t worry they’ll all work out and be back making money with each other soon enough. Just companies flexing like companies do. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

This.

Also anybody playing cheerleader to either of those multi-billion dollar companies seriously needs to reconsider their life choices.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Is Epic fault,they have a store of their own they know how the game is play,no developer can suddenly sidestep EPIC own store rules and they know it,they try to force Apple's hand,and they got screwed.

Epic doesn't understand that apple doesn't give 3 flying fu** about Fornite they can kill the game and keep making billions,most apple lunatic fanboys will simply not care and continue to be apple fanboys is basically a cult where they love to pay for over price shit that is restricted to hell and nickel and dime to the extreme,that is just the way they are.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@pc_rocks said:

Wait, I thought the judge prevented dev account from termination or did I miss something?

As I see it, they are still allowed to publish updates for Unreal Engine, and thus still have access to those dev tools on iPhone. But that is the only thing that the judge protected.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34624 Posts

Epic violates Apple's ToS for their own personal gain (despite already bathing in money they got from children playing Fortnite) and makes a #FreeFortnite campaign where they imply that it's Apple who is doing something wrong, and ask people to support them violating the ToS for their own personal gain.

Epic is a really fucking disgusting company. I visit their store and grab the free games sometimes, and that is starting to make me feel more and more like a shitty person. At least it's a small comfort that I haven't given them a cent, and will make sure it stays that way.

That said, **** Apple too for other reasons, but especially **** Epic right now.

Rant!
Man, if I had a gaming company that was doing really well, I'd make sure that it doesn't become too big, so that I can continue doing what I love doing. Having a job I love doing and get a decent amount of cash for doing it would be enough for me, and should be enough for others. I'd hate to see my own company taken over by greed, slowly decaying into assholery, until you can't stand it anymore and sell it to the highest bidder. I've seen so many gaming companies do this, and everytime I can't understand why you'd do such a thing to your own company, just purely out of greed. This line of thinking "yeah, I'm super rich, but if I did this, I'd be super duper rich!". I just don't understand it. It's like every company's goal is to take over the world, and every company owner to own their own island and 10 mansions. Like... why? How would that even make you feel good?
/end rant

Oldgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Oldgun
Member since 2009 • 391 Posts

@BassMan: Couldn't agree more. I sometimes find myself the odd one out in my entire family who has never used an Apple product. But I'm happy with it.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Unity stonks go up.

Alucrd2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 Alucrd2009
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

@Oldgun: its a matter of choice, and what you used, I love Linux, hate Android, for that, I use iPhone, got Linux running on normal PC, use to have a laptop with Windows, got bored, switched to Linux, two Linux based system with different flavours, got bored, bought a Mac, now using it since the first of the year as my main laptop, while I m using Linux in VM.

if the company sucks or not or expensive or not, its good that we have that much options, and not having one vendor are specifying or restricting what are we using :).

about this article, both companies are greedy but epic broke a contract and they are trying to use gamers love or whatever they call it, to call upon Apple...... stick to your contract if you don't like it go to other platform and stop trying to be the sad party in this. ( just my opinion )

cheers

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8476 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@pc_rocks said:

As I see it, they are still allowed to publish updates for Unreal Engine, and thus still have access to those dev tools on iPhone. But that is the only thing that the judge protected.

Yeah, I understand now there are two accounts. One for games published by Epic and the other for tools. Since the title was about developer account, that's why I got confused.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@pc_rocks said:

Yeah, I understand now there are two accounts. One for games published by Epic and the other for tools. Since the title was about developer account, that's why I got confused.

Yeah, it's a confusing situation to say the least.

But I think the judge, and with her a majority of people are right: Apple can't be allowed to abuse this situation to hurt all these other developers who are cought in the crossfire because they use Epic's engine.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#26 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59013 Posts

@Oldgun said:

@BassMan: Couldn't agree more. I sometimes find myself the odd one out in my entire family who has never used an Apple product. But I'm happy with it.

Apple is for people who like getting overcharged.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@R4gn4r0k said:
@pc_rocks said:

Yeah, it's a confusing situation to say the least.

But I think the judge, and with her a majority of people are right: Apple can't be allowed to abuse this situation to hurt all these other developers who are cought in the crossfire because they use Epic's engine.

Yeah but it would have put more pressure on Epic to comply, now they don't have developers pissed off at them for getting banned.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#28  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19565 Posts

@pyro1245: Tencent's other popular battle royale game PUBG Mobile is still being sold on the App Store and promoted by Apple. Their beef is with Tencent's subsidiary Epic, not Tencent as a whole.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9400 Posts

@Jag85 said:

@pyro1245: Tencent's other popular battle royale game PUBG Mobile is still being sold on the App Store and promoted by Apple. Their beef is with Tencent's subsidiary Epic, not Tencent as a whole.

*Timcent

Just a little joke.

Apple, Epic and Tencent are all bad guys in my book. Epic maybe the least bad of them from my perspective.

Epic isn't officially a subsidiary of Tencent. Tencent just owns 48% of it. Might as well be tho, amirite?

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Lol. Couldn't care less. I haven't given a penny to either of those companies in like 10 years, and never will again. Monopolistic anti-consumer clown shows. **** em.