"Emotional" games are killing Gaming

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Junky-trunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Junky-trunk
Member since 2016 • 228 Posts

Putting a little girl in God of War 3 killed it, now Santa Monica is putting another little boy in Gow4. Ever since The last of Us, games are trying to hard to copy and give us emotional moments. I mean atleast Naughty Dog is good at it, everyone else are just B-Movie copy cats. Please just focus on the gameplay and screw all this unnecessary emotional BS

Dixonganesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Dixonganesh
Member since 2016 • 129 Posts

Without an emotional connection bto the characters, playing games would be pointless

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts

@dixonganesh said:

Without an emotional connection bto the characters, playing games would be pointless

Yeah, I mean who play's Tetris without understanding the highly cerebral plot.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@dixonganesh: Sometimes visual storytelling like in films is not character-driven. Sometimes it's more of a moodpiece or it's more of an indeterminist struggle of a man vs the environment, etc. Whatever the director has to say isn't always centered around the characters. Take Aguirre by Werner Herzog, which is as detached from characters as it can get, and yet it so poignantly succeeds.

@charizard1605:

@SolidTy:

@casharmy:

@Chutebox:

@misterpmedia:

@Cloud_imperium:

@ninjapirate2000:

@Blabadon:

@BigBoi500:

@freedomfreak:

@cainetao11:

@lamprey263:

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69766 Posts

@dixonganesh said:

Gaming is pointless. Games do not need to be emotionally driven. This direction in gaming is bogging down gameplay. The new God of War looks like cinematic mess akin to Uncharted 4 and Quantum Break.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

speak english, salt, jesus

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@junky-trunk said:

Putting a little girl in God of War 3 killed it, now Santa Monica is putting another little boy in Gow4. Ever since The last of Us, games are trying to hard to copy and give us emotional moments. I mean atleast Naughty Dog is good at it, everyone else are just B-Movie copy cats. Please just focus on the gameplay and screw all this unnecessary emotional BS

I completely agree. The Days gone trailer was cringe worthy schmaltz voice over. Its a zombie shooter for f*ck's sake. It looked fun in motion and that made me like it not the douche bag reminiscing.

God of More puke broke my heart. I don't think people understand. I LOVED GoW. I was looking forward to a new setting and all but the same markings? The troll said something about Valhalla which is Norse not Greek. The boy and shit was awful. The combat with Gimli from LOTR axe? WTF? It was garbage of the highest order.

It seems like ND's success is making Sony push others to try this? I don't know maybe they just want to anyway?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

Yeah man they totally stopped making fun stuff like Overwatch, or violent stuff like Doom, or thinking games like the Witness, Stephen's Sausage Roll, Hearts of Iron 4, XCom 2, or gamey games like Superhot, Ratchet n Clank, Enter the Gungeon, or quality Japanese stuff like Fire Emblem or Street Fighter, or atmospheric dungeon crawler action rpgs like Dark Souls 3, or expansions to richer triple A WRPGs like Witcher 3 and Fallout 4, and of course they don't make point and click games like Kathy Rain or Shardlight, or really they just keep making games either like That Dragon, Cancer or as you said The Last of Us knock offs.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#9 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@jereb31 said:
@dixonganesh said:

lol what gen did he start gaming in?

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@jereb31 said:
@dixonganesh said:

lol what gen did he start gaming in?

From back when video game storylines meant something.

http://screwattack.roosterteeth.com/episode/video-game-vault-bad-dudes

Take note ND, that there is the absolute cusp of perfection in storytelling.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pedro

@jereb31 said:

From back when video game storylines meant something.

http://screwattack.roosterteeth.com/episode/video-game-vault-bad-dudes

Take note ND, that there is the absolute cusp of perfection in storytelling.

I prefer when games don't play out like an interactive movie and the player transforms into a movie watcher. That is the de-evolution of story telling. Video game devs are sabotaging the medium by not designing the games to tell stories. Instead they take away control from the player to tell their overly generic story and the critics jizz in their pants from the awesomeness a movie narrative.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#12 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Dafuq?

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

I tend to think video games that try to go the emotional rout fall flat on their face and end up sucking hard. That said, diversity in gaming can not possibly kill it. You can find all kinds of games these days, something filling almost every niche. And if that niche isn't being filled right now, it likely will be soon. Yeah, a lot of games are trying so hard to be movies in order to be respected by "artists" and that is a shame, but there are thousands of other choices, and the number is growing.

I don't see how anyone can be disheartened by the current state of gaming.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@Pedro said:
@dixonganesh said:

Gaming is pointless. Games do not need to be emotionally driven. This direction in gaming is bogging down gameplay. The new God of War looks like cinematic mess akin to Uncharted 4 and Quantum Break.

Okay...then don't buy it. But to say that this kind of thing is ruining gaming is like hearing a Steven Seagal fan saying that the problem with movies is that too many filmmakers are trying to utilize good cinematography and insightful writing. I'd never argue against that kind of "dumb" entertainment, so why the **** would someone feel threatened that some games are actually trying to achieve an emotional connection beyond the satisfaction that one gets by killing something?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pedro

@MrGeezer said:
@Pedro said:

Okay...then don't buy it. But to say that this kind of thing is ruining gaming is like hearing a Steven Seagal fan saying that the problem with movies is that too many filmmakers are trying to utilize good cinematography and insightful writing. I'd never argue against that kind of "dumb" entertainment, so why the **** would someone feel threatened that some games are actually trying to achieve an emotional connection beyond the satisfaction that one gets by killing something?

Your analogy fails.These "emotional" games are heavily cinematic games. Cinematic games reduces the elements of gaming thus having a negative effect on gaming. If gaming is being reduced to simply sitting back and watching a cutscene, then gaming is being compromised. If gaming is be reduced to simply pushing forward on the analog then gaming is being compromised. I am not going to buy the game for your information but just like you, I can voice my dislike in the same fervor as your liking the game.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@Pedro: Apparently you missed the fact that with ANY form of entertainment, there's a variety of different kinds of stuff to suit different audiences. Movies like The Human Centipede would only be "killing movies" if there was absolutely no demand for any other kind of movie. Similarly, "emotional games" aren't killing a damn thing seeing as how there's actually a very big demand for games that don't try to go for an emotionally compelling narrative.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#17 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

It's getting out of control from sony.

They think it's what the people want and yet they never asked for this GOW (every fanboy pretends that it's great but they know the truth)

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

Its only a problem thats highly rampant in triple A productions. Which is unfortunate, from a perspective. Imagine the money, time and resources poured into "cinematic" moments are instead used on deeper gameplay mechanics, depth, levels etc etc.

Beyond that, awesome non-movie games are still made and being made. Gaming as a whole is not that affected. For me, the best stories are the player-driven ones, not the ones forced on you or where control are forcibly taken from you.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Pedro

@MrGeezer said:

@Pedro: Apparently you missed the fact that with ANY form of entertainment, there's a variety of different kinds of stuff to suit different audiences. Movies like The Human Centipede would only be "killing movies" if there was absolutely no demand for any other kind of movie. Similarly, "emotional games" aren't killing a damn thing seeing as how there's actually a very big demand for games that don't try to go for an emotionally compelling narrative.

You are missing the point. Gaming is an interactive medium. When the medium becomes less interactive the final product is less of a game. Game developers are still conveying story in games by removing all interaction or by having meaningless interaction such as pushing forward. For an interactive media, developers need to design their stories for the games and not the game around the stories. This is a new area in storytelling and by simply shoehorning techniques in movies to a medium that is not passive is undermining the very reason gaming exist. Do you think movie watchers would enjoy playing a mini game in during their movies every 5-10 minutes? Then why the hell is the reverse acceptable? You don't have to agree with me on this.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

I'm not a fan of the movie games. I actually think that for these movie games, they should add a auto play mode so I can ignore the 'gameplay' segments and enjoy the movie. Its what drove me nuts about TLOU. I'd start getting into the story, then it would make me set down my popcorn and play the game. And then, when I would start getting into the game, then it would break into another giant long cinematic and completely kill my mood. Make a movie, or make a game already.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

@bunchanumbers: I do agree that the over use of cutscenes is a problem, I don't mind a cutscenes with story progression every 40-60 mins because it gives you a break from game play for a bit anyway. But games that push it every 10-20 mins kinda piss me off.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17675 Posts

I love these movie games. Those so opposed to them can't even define the metric to quantify the degree of interactivity that delineates a game from those "movie games" they so continually love to deride. For how many buttons pressed per minute suffices to qualify as a game? Then I can just as well label that game not one because another game exceeds it.

Interactivity is a poor metric to define gaming, as it's entirely relativistic. If you're going to say TLoU or David Cage's games are not games because agency is not as great as in Mario Galaxy, then I can say Galaxy is not a game when compared to DCS simulations, which have hundreds of inputs and require constant attention.

When someone can come to me and quantify a standard of player agency to define what a game is, I'm all ears.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries

Random tag?

Grizzly Man was pretty good though. Love me some Herzog.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22763 Posts

@dixonganesh: wut? I'm not sure you thought that one through.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22763 Posts

Ima sit back and watch it burn to be honest. I've been saying all this for a couple years now.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@junky-trunk said:

With the exception of Nintendo, gaming has evolved and matured. I'd feel cheated if there wasn't an engaging story to follow along the gameplay in most gaming genres.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts

@Cloud_imperium: this is what I was thinking

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#31  Edited By Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

Yes a fraction of games being released that contain emotional storylines are totally killing gaming.

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

OP should have clarified a bit better. Emotional games aren't killing gaming... Just Playstations games. Everyone else is fine.

Get hyped for God of War- Babysitter Edition.

Also get hyped for The Last Guardian- Babysitter Edition.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30687 Posts

I have no problem with games like The Last of Us, while I didn't think it was the greatest game ever, like some try and sell it. It was a very good game and its tone, was a big reason for why. But Sony is trying to inject that into all of their games and that's too much. I first noticed it in Uncharted 4 where the spectacle the series is known for took a back seat to it. Now GoW is definitely a place where it has no business being, let Kratos be Kratos, not Joel with face tattoo's.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

Yeah man they totally stopped making fun stuff like Overwatch, or violent stuff like Doom, or thinking games like the Witness, Stephen's Sausage Roll, Hearts of Iron 4, XCom 2, or gamey games like Superhot, Ratchet n Clank, Enter the Gungeon, or quality Japanese stuff like Fire Emblem or Street Fighter, or atmospheric dungeon crawler action rpgs like Dark Souls 3, or expansions to richer triple A WRPGs like Witcher 3 and Fallout 4, and of course they don't make point and click games like Kathy Rain or Shardlight, or really they just keep making games either like That Dragon, Cancer or as you said The Last of Us knock offs.

LOL great point!

I don't get the hate, you don't like games with emotional aspects then don't play them. But they are by no means ruining gaming. Hyperbole indeed.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Pedro

@speak_low said:

Gears of War, Halo and QB have cinematics (QB drowns you in it!). You're going on and on just because this is Sony. MS games have stories, sidekicks, heroes fighting for a higher purpose, etc. Gears introduced emotional scenes with Dom, and even added a certain wistfulness at the end of Gears 3 between Marcus and Anya, capped off with a sombre, bittersweet music score. I'm glad some games add something more to the typical heartless bro-story with bloody bodies falling left and right. If it was a wall-to-wall, testosterone-soaked killing game, it would annoy the crap outta me if this is all we got for the next 20 years in video game stories. Too much of anything becomes a stereotype, and too many stereotypes destroys interest. In fact, Kratos himself annoyed the crap out of me in his trilogy. I couldn't stand how one-dimensional he was. I begged for the shitty cutscenes to hurry up. The world felt uglier and inhumane.

When you make Kratos a father, it suddenly gets slightly more interesting. He has responsibilities, and the passing of knowledge is always intriguing to watch. There's a little humanity and something we can understand now. He's suddenly become more than a growling son-of-a-bitch. I don't know if GoW4 will be the best or critically successful yet (they are changing the gameplay a little it seems), but I will take attempts at a better story over no attempts at all. If you think dramatic cutscenes are killing gaming, then QB must be the biggest piece of shit game there is around. See, now you're obviously playing fanboy sides. Are you against cutscenes, or just complaining about Sony for no good reason? (again)

Most of you are really being fanboys. Did you play Witcher 3 to just hack in the fields all day long and walk forward using an analog stick? NO, you loved the story that complimented your gameplay. They enhanced your actions, imbuing them with purpose, and making your role-playing adventure more adventuresome. Same with GTA IV/V, Red Dead Redemption, Half Life 2 + Episodes 1 & 2, and even Walking Dead. Bioshock also told a story that stuck with people (it does it through first-person, but it was a story, and not non-stop killing for no reason....which would've lessened the work).

You'll all be playing Mass Effect 4 in 2017 for the story too. You all got mad at Mass Effect 3, because it ruined your story. You eat up stories more than you realize.

Do not make fun of Uncharted 4/TLOU (did you play them?) when those games actually show how good acting/writing is getting in video gaming. I am not saying it's the best ever and cannot be topped, but it's one of the better examples I'd show to non-gamers that video game stories are trying to get better, and some game developers are kind of nailing it. TLOU is an example of how cutscenes actually enhance the gameplay, because you want to survive and save another character you care about. Remember how people were complaining about the end of RDR when you (spoilers) got to play as another character? They MISSED a fictional video game character. MISSED their presence and voice and interactions with others. That's STORYTELLING done well (achieved through cutscenes, created through writing and acting).

Firstly my complaint about this has been with ALL games that make my controller practically useless. You can look at it as me picking on Sony because thats what you want to see. Its funny you say you want games with more emotional sense but the same games;when they allow you to play, are still "typical heartless bro-story with bloody bodies falling left and right". The ironic part is that these story elements that negatively affect pacing and the gameplay does not change the same thing you say you don't like and it typically contradicts the gameplay.

As your second paragraph. All of the stuff with Kratos being a father and what not is nice. But its all at the expense of gameplay. The pacing of the game is being halted by the push forward gameplay. What was shown is not a cutscene but a section in which you simply push forward until you are prompted to press a button to perform a specified action. That is WORSE than a cutscene. It is a poor movie experience and a poor gaming experience. NO ONE wins in that scenario.

The Witcher 3 gameplay was unrewarding and the story became so overbearing. I want to play a game not be moving from cutscene to cutscene while my controller is begging to be used. And this is not an opinion this is how the game plays if you follow the story. High levels of passiveness. Sit back and watch. They spent more time on the story and cutscenes than on the actual gameplay because the gameplay itself was mediocre.

I played both games. Thats why I can comment about their gameplay. These games demonstrate game developers ability to make cinematic experiences at the cost of gameplay. The influences of these games are making gaming more and more passive. The player spends more time watching than playing. That is diluting the gaming experience. The funny thing about all of this is that Quantum Break does the same shit and it gets flak for doing the same shit. Both Uncharted 4 and Quantum Break has the same "game" design in that the story takes away from the player more than it allows the player to actually play. That is why both of these games and any games like them are mediocre games because the gaming element is most diluted.

The point I am getting to with regards to all of this is that game developers are telling stories in a traditional way. That traditional method of telling stories is design for a passive medium. Gaming is not passive. Its storytelling should not be passive. Only a few developers attempt to tell stories interactively and most of them fail but they are at least trying. If gaming wants to push storytelling to the next level it should do that by designing and creating stories specifically for the medium and not switch to another medium;movies, to convey their stories. High budget gaming studios have the funds to do it but they will wait for some small budget struggling studio to create the formula first before they even try. However, when gaming starts carving out this new way of storytelling it would offer a level of immersion that CANNOT be experienced in any other medium.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Nah, Youtube VR fodder is what's going to kill gaming.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@speak_low said:
@Pedro said:

I prefer when games don't play out like an interactive movie and the player transforms into a movie watcher. That is the de-evolution of story telling. Video game devs are sabotaging the medium by not designing the games to tell stories. Instead they take away control from the player to tell their overly generic story and the critics jizz in their pants from the awesomeness a movie narrative.

Gears of War, Halo and QB have cinematics (QB drowns you in it!). You're going on and on just because this is Sony. MS games have stories, sidekicks, heroes fighting for a higher purpose, etc. Gears introduced emotional scenes with Dom, and even added a certain wistfulness at the end of Gears 3 between Marcus and Anya, capped off with a sombre, bittersweet music score. I'm glad some games add something more to the typical heartless bro-story with bloody bodies falling left and right. If it was a wall-to-wall, testosterone-soaked killing game, it would annoy the crap outta me if this is all we got for the next 20 years in video game stories. Too much of anything becomes a stereotype, and too many stereotypes destroys interest. In fact, Kratos himself annoyed the crap out of me in his trilogy. I couldn't stand how one-dimensional he was. I begged for the shitty cutscenes to hurry up. The world felt uglier and inhumane.

When you make Kratos a father, it suddenly gets slightly more interesting. He has responsibilities, and the passing of knowledge is always intriguing to watch. There's a little humanity and something we can understand now. He's suddenly become more than a growling son-of-a-bitch. I don't know if GoW4 will be the best or critically successful yet (they are changing the gameplay a little it seems), but I will take attempts at a better story over no attempts at all. If you think dramatic cutscenes are killing gaming, then QB must be the biggest piece of shit game there is around. See, now you're obviously playing fanboy sides. Are you against cutscenes, or just complaining about Sony for no good reason? (again)

Most of you are really being fanboys. Did you play Witcher 3 to just hack in the fields all day long and walk forward using an analog stick? NO, you loved the story that complimented your gameplay. They enhanced your actions, imbuing them with purpose, and making your role-playing adventure more adventuresome. Same with GTA IV/V, Red Dead Redemption, Half Life 2 + Episodes 1 & 2, and even Walking Dead. Bioshock also told a story that stuck with people (it does it through first-person, but it was a story, and not non-stop killing for no reason....which would've lessened the work).

You'll all be playing Mass Effect 4 in 2017 for the story too. You all got mad at Mass Effect 3, because it ruined your story. You eat up stories more than you realize.

Do not make fun of Uncharted 4/TLOU (did you play them?) when those games actually show how good acting/writing is getting in video gaming. I am not saying it's the best ever and cannot be topped, but it's one of the better examples I'd show to non-gamers that video game stories are trying to get better, and some game developers are kind of nailing it. TLOU is an example of how cutscenes actually enhance the gameplay, because you want to survive and save another character you care about. Remember how people were complaining about the end of RDR when you (spoilers) got to play as another character? They MISSED a fictional video game character. MISSED their presence and voice and interactions with others. That's STORYTELLING done well (achieved through cutscenes, created through writing and acting).

Killed the hypocrite fanboy with this post.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#38 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

@shellcase86 said:
@jg4xchamp said:

LOL great point!

I don't get the hate, you don't like games with emotional aspects then don't play them. But they are by no means ruining gaming. Hyperbole indeed.

mmhmm video game stories are shit as far as I'm concerned, gaming's greatest achievement in that department is like a 6 out of 10 in a medium with actual standards if we are being nice. But we get a wide range of games. Do I enjoy how ubiquitous modern gaming can get or how much money is spent on some really uninspired looking games? No, but "ruining gaming", i mean come on you're just not putting in the effort to find shit you actually want to play. Probably for dumb reasons like "No, that's indie, that's icky'.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

I can't stand it. The Death Stranded preview was one of the most cringe-worthy things I've ever seen come out of e3. I had an Xbox last generation and now have a PS4 so I've been looking forward to a new God of War since I've missed out for so long. Finally, it's coming! Then I see it and damnit, it's a cutscene/scripted laden affair with "dem feelings" written all over it.

That said, I disagree with the idea these emotional feelz scripted games are ruining gaming. There is still a metric ton of awesome games out there and being made, and those games are exactly what I will be spending my time on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@dixonganesh said:

wtf am I reading?

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#41 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

@junky-trunk said:

Good thing that you are not a game maker. I like having diversity and what I get to play.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

I want feel emotions when i play games

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

I rather play these so call movie games with good story than another mindless tunnel vision FPS!

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Ugh...it's possible to have an engaging story/narrative without it having to be an over emotional cringefest. (which mainstream media seems to love for some reason)

Movies have the same problem though. I just avoid all that shit.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

That's bullshit. Gaming has never been more diverse. If you're not aware of that, you need to open your mind and play some indie games.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts

There are plenty types of all games, stop bitching.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

what a load of crap. go play a mindless shooter then

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p