Edge top 50 game developers list.

• 170 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#151 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

[QUOTE="crimsonman1245"]

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

Well, Nintendo is the most creative of the big three first party developers.

BPoole96

I disagree.

If you take Mario and Pokemon away from Nintendo it would cripple the company, if you took ALL of Sonys IPs away from them it wouldnt be a huge deal because their first party would just make successful new IPs like they've been doing for years.

New IPs copied/inspired from Microsoft and Nintendo IPs you mean.

Like Journey? Flower? SoundShapes? LBP? Heavy Rain? SotC? ICO? Unfinished Swan? Demon's Souls? soon Puppeteer? soon Teraway? soon Rain? Yeah, totally IPs copied from MS and Nintendo

:roll:

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#152 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="crimsonman1245"]

I disagree.

If you take Mario and Pokemon away from Nintendo it would cripple the company, if you took ALL of Sonys IPs away from them it wouldnt be a huge deal because their first party would just make successful new IPs like they've been doing for years.

Vatusus

New IPs copied/inspired from Microsoft and Nintendo IPs you mean.

Like Journey? Flower? SoundShapes? LBP? Heavy Rain? SotC? ICO? Unfinished Swan? Demon's Souls? soon Puppeteer? soon Teraway? soon Rain? Yeah, totally IPs copied from MS and Nintendo

Journey and Flower are not first party devs. Thatgamecompany had a 3 game contract with Sony that is now over and they will likely make multiplat games. Media Molecule had made LBP before Sony acquired them as a studio, plus LBP is essentially a Dress me up Mario game with a level editor. Demons Souls was a third party exclusive that happened by mistake basically (there was an article about it saying the game was pitched to Sony and the guy from Sony who tested it said it was terrible). Heavy Rain is just like Indigo Prophecy which also came from Quantic Dream prior to them signing with Sony. ICO was last gen and it is unclear whether or not TLG will ever release. The other games mentioned I don't really know anything about so I'm going to assume they're either very niche or unreleased. Then we have Uncharted, which was inspired by Gears, Resistance which was inspired by Halo but then switched to copying CoD, Infamous which was inspired by Crackdown, Killzone which was inspired/copied by Halo and CoD, Modnation and LBP Karting which was a copy of Mario Kart, and PS All Stars which is a copy of SSB.
ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"] New IPs copied/inspired from Microsoft and Nintendo IPs you mean.BPoole96

Journey and Flower are not first party devs. Thatgamecompany had a 3 game contract with Sony that is now over and they will likely make multiplat games. Media Molecule had made LBP before Sony acquired them as a studio, plus LBP is essentially a Dress me up Mario game with a level editor. Demons Souls was a third party exclusive that happened by mistake basically (there was an article about it saying the game was pitched to Sony and the guy from Sony who tested it said it was terrible). Heavy Rain is just like Indigo Prophecy which also came from Quantic Dream prior to them signing with Sony. ICO was last gen and it is unclear whether or not TLG will ever release. The other games mentioned I don't really know anything about so I'm going to assume they're either very niche or unreleased. Then we have Uncharted, which was inspired by Gears, Resistance which was inspired by Halo but then switched to copying CoD, Infamous which was inspired by Crackdown, Killzone which was inspired/copied by Halo and CoD, Modnation and LBP Karting which was a copy of Mario Kart, and PS All Stars which is a copy of SSB.

dayum-dayum-dayum-better-speed.gif

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"] New IPs copied/inspired from Microsoft and Nintendo IPs you mean.BPoole96

That makes it like... totally different man, what's next? Are you trying to tell me Rayman is a Mario wannabe as well?

Out of all 3, only Sony tries to push more and more new IPs, MS just doesn't give a fvck and Nintendo can never get out of their comfort zone.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="Vatusus"]

rjdofu

That makes it like... totally different man, what's next? Are you trying to tell me Rayman is a Mario wannabe as well?

Out of all 3, only Sony tries to push more and more new IPs, MS just doesn't give a fvck and Nintendo can never get out of their comfort zone.

LBP is to Super Mario Bros as Modnation Racers is to Mario Kart
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 rjdofu
[QUOTE="rjdofu"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"] Journey and Flower are not first party devs. Thatgamecompany had a 3 game contract with Sony that is now over and they will likely make multiplat games. Media Molecule had made LBP before Sony acquired them as a studio, plus LBP is essentially a Dress me up Mario game with a level editor. Demons Souls was a third party exclusive that happened by mistake basically (there was an article about it saying the game was pitched to Sony and the guy from Sony who tested it said it was terrible). Heavy Rain is just like Indigo Prophecy which also came from Quantic Dream prior to them signing with Sony. ICO was last gen and it is unclear whether or not TLG will ever release. The other games mentioned I don't really know anything about so I'm going to assume they're either very niche or unreleased. Then we have Uncharted, which was inspired by Gears, Resistance which was inspired by Halo but then switched to copying CoD, Infamous which was inspired by Crackdown, Killzone which was inspired/copied by Halo and CoD, Modnation and LBP Karting which was a copy of Mario Kart, and PS All Stars which is a copy of SSB.BPoole96

And as Halo is to Doom.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="rjdofu"]

rjdofu

And as Halo is to Doom.

Except Halo revolutionized console FPS forever

Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#158 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts

Just looked at the list and saw Jagex. I lol'd.

LLYNCES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 LLYNCES
Member since 2012 • 378 Posts

Blizzard number 17 lmao. So 1-16 have games as popular and genre changing as World of Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo?CanYouDiglt
Blizzard should be #2 behind Valve.

But yeah, you can tell the list is crap. They have too many unproven developers rated over proven developers who might have made a few disappointing games. For example Bioware should be in the top 10 and Rockstar should be at least #3 Epic games being #11 and Naughty Dog being #5 doesn't make much sense either, they should be much closer to each other. Crytek and Gearbox should both also be at the very least in the top 15.

Also Arenanet being above Blizzard? Seriously? Was this list created by Guild Wars fanboys? It's like they never even took Starcraft into consideration here and just said "Oh GW2 is a better MMO in our opinion so Arenanet wins" forgetting the fact that Blizzard has been in the business longer and has been much more successful and has had higher rated games on average in multiple genres.

Also the fact that the Minecraft Dev (Mojang) is ranked above both Arenanet and Blizzard is quite laughable.

This list is just a gigantic troll.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 rjdofu

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="BPoole96"] LBP is to Super Mario Bros as Modnation Racers is to Mario KartBPoole96

And as Halo is to Doom.

Doesn't mean anything, we're not discussing how important the game is, we're comparing features.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"] And as Halo is to Doom.rjdofu

Doesn't mean anything, we're not discussing how important the game is, we're comparing features.

Obviously Halo had specific features for it to change console FPS forever

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 rjdofu

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

Aka. online console, same as LBP. Halo revolutionized multiplayer aspect on console but FPS genre as a whole? Ehhhh.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#163 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

And it does. A lot.
Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#164 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

No Atlus makes me a sad panda.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#165 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

16. Arenanet

17. Blizzard

crimsonman1245

lol. This cant be a co-incidence.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#166 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

40. Code Masters

41. Criterion

crimsonman1245

Codemasters racing better than Criterion?

Damn straight!

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
The only thing I can see that makes sense is Valve at number 1.
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

Valve are the gods of gaming, They never lie unlike any EA subsidiary or R*, They are creative and do not copy from other games, They are full of innovation and satisfaction.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#169 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

wow I don't agree with that list on a lot of things, seriously platinum games is on the list wtf

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#170 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

wow I don't agree with that list on a lot of things, seriously platinum games is on the list wtf

da_illest101
Hey, they're good >:F