Each Switch sent to the press comes with a personnel letter from Regie for reviewers!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

Sorry if this has already been post but thought it looked interesting.

'The bosses of both Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe have penned heartfelt letters to reviewers, included within each region's Nintendo Switch press packs.

There's also a handwritten note from Zelda: Breath of the Wild director Hidemaro Fujibayashi.

"The future is now in your hands!" begins Nintendo of America's Reggie Fils-Aime.

"Hardware launches represent special moments in time for us, and I imagine for you as well. They give us the oppurtunity to reflect on where we've been before taking a bold new step ahead."

One section in particular - on the console's 2017 software line-up - is interesting:

"We've worked for a long time to get the pacing of our software releases just right, and that's reflected in the fact that you will be playing a new Legend of Zelda game, a sequel to Splatoon, and a massive new Mario adventure before the year is up - not to mention the face-to-face fun of 1-2 Switch, the surprise that will come from new franchises like Snipperclips - Cut it out, together! or Arms, and the great content coming from our third-party partners."'

Read the full letter here

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-23-nintendos-switch-media-kit-includes-messages-from-reggie-and-zeldas-director

Some see this as them asking people not to spoil Zelda. But other think it's emotional black mail to reveiwers.

What do you think.

The future is in your hand.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Doesn't seem appropriate to me. They are trying to cue the reviewers to look at it and its lineup in a certain way

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Rather than sending a heartfelt contrition to paid reviewers, I'd rather if Nintendo randomly dropped said letters in boxes that we will be receiving considering our asses are still red raw from the Wii U debacle.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Emotional blackmail hmm.... it kinda feels like it tbh.... but maybe not. I can't read into people's hearts. =/

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

For a new console releasing in a week it sure doesn't have much hype surrounding it. Reminds me of WiiU all over again.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

For a new console releasing in a week it sure doesn't have much hype surrounding it. Reminds me of WiiU all over again.

Yea, it's frightening how similar both launches feel. I haven't seen any hype for it outside of forums. None of my friends are talking about it. It will probably sell out at launch to Nintendo diehards but what will happen after all those people get their fill?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@quadknight said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Yea, it's frightening how similar both launches feel. I haven't seen any hype for it outside of forums. None of my friends are talking about it. It will probably sell out at launch to Nintendo diehards but what will happen after all those people get their fill?

It's getting big hype around my area.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@n64dd said:
@quadknight said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

How are they hyping it?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@boycie said:
@n64dd said:
@quadknight said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

How are they hyping it?

There are tons of random places having parties at big box stores and smaller stores where you can go and play it. Commercials on tv. A lot of people are talking about it. I live in Metro Detroit, it's a huge gaming community though.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Trying to damage control..lol

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Trying to damage control..lol

Nintendo Switch will be Gen 9 leader and surpass the PooStation 4 LTD sales! BELIEVE THAT!

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

They know they should have sent a gift basket with money

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

The Switch was free for these reviewers as were the games, right?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

nintendo is going to get slaughtered here I mean the switch is barely stronger than the wii u, zelda is releasing even for the wii u, so what are they going to do , they're going to discontinue the wii u for a system that's hardly stronger?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@n64dd: Well I guess that's a good thing. I live in Houston and there's barely any hype for it in my neighborhood and among my circle of friends here. I have no doubt that he Switch will sell out immediately at launch but it's what happens after launch that is concerning. How do they manage to keep hype going on after they've completely sold out? They need to get people that wouldn't normally be excited a Nintendo console excited. I'm still not convinced that they have been successful in that area yet. Time will tell I guess. Things like hype are usually tough to gauge based on anecdotal evidence so I may be wrong.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Sounds like a desperation move to me. "Please be gentle." Make a better console.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Dear reviewer, our games might look like total ass running on really shit hardware and we might overcharge insanely for said junk hardware but if you want more PR freebies and PR lunches just say our shit is forward thinking and innovative and not decrepit and exploitative of young children who let's face it get far too much pocket money anyway these days, the little twats.

Love, Nintendo.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@Solaryellow said:
@no-scope-AK47 said:

The Switch was free for these reviewers as were the games, right?

No I think not

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

Starting to sound like Phil, but instead of begging for games they are begging for good reviews.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

What about the letter where Reggie threatens to send Nintendo NInjas after anyone who decides to go against the embargo?

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

@n64dd: Yeah, heaps of people at work are talking about it as well, and I've seen a whole bunch of Switch ads on TV.

People still don't know what the WiiU is, but quite a few of my non-gaming friends know about the Switch. Perhaps that's a sign of better advertising/more general interest?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@boycie said:

Sorry if this has already been post but thought it looked interesting.

'The bosses of both Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe have penned heartfelt letters to reviewers, included within each region's Nintendo Switch press packs.

There's also a handwritten note from Zelda: Breath of the Wild director Hidemaro Fujibayashi.

"The future is now in your hands!" begins Nintendo of America's Reggie Fils-Aime.

"Hardware launches represent special moments in time for us, and I imagine for you as well. They give us the oppurtunity to reflect on where we've been before taking a bold new step ahead."

One section in particular - on the console's 2017 software line-up - is interesting:

"We've worked for a long time to get the pacing of our software releases just right, and that's reflected in the fact that you will be playing a new Legend of Zelda game, a sequel to Splatoon, and a massive new Mario adventure before the year is up - not to mention the face-to-face fun of 1-2 Switch, the surprise that will come from new franchises like Snipperclips - Cut it out, together! or Arms, and the great content coming from our third-party partners."'

Read the full letter here

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-23-nintendos-switch-media-kit-includes-messages-from-reggie-and-zeldas-director

Some see this as them asking people not to spoil Zelda. But other think it's emotional black mail to reveiwers.

What do you think.

The future is in your hand.

Switch's mobile local multiplayer gaming is not a bad idea for internet less environment e.g. cruise ship**, airplane**, camping and 'etc'.

**With expensive satellite internet.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Why??...dumb move...reviewers would know anyway which games are coming out at launch & which game are not...if they don't know then they shouldn't be reviewing Switchy. :P