EA sinks to all time low

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58961 Posts

After EA was caught paying off youtube celebs (Read: Losers) to say positive things about Battlefield 4 without letting the general public know....

Now, with expected (and deserved) backlash for the philosophical rape of a classic franchise (they killed), EA has filtered out and disallowed users to display any negative feedback on google play.

Eurogamer, a superior website to gamespot

Here is PR blurb in shitty attempts to make it seem ok for stupid people who they assume is everyone.

“We're always looking at new ways to gather player feedback so that we can continue to improve our games. The 'rate this app' feature in the Google Play version of Dungeon Keeper was designed to help us collect valuable feedback from players who don't feel the game is worth a top rating. We wanted to make it easier for more players to send us feedback directly from the game if they weren't having the best experience. Players can always continue to leave any rating they want on the Google Play Store.”

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Wow, EA, just... wow.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

Not surprised in the least, Marcus Beer Officially called EA public enemy number 1 after Dungeon Keeper even tho he hyped titian fall the week before and said he would give them the benefit of the doubt.

Jim Sterling also cut them a new one both in his review saying it's the worst thing since FF all the bravest and that poem stuff he does. EA is garbage to the way they treat their developers all the way down to the way they treat their consumers.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

After wasting money on BF4 and NFS Rivals (the PC version, i hear its fine on consoles) I decided not to give EA a cent more of my money until they stop treating consumers like walking wallets and developers like sequel machines.

My decision has only been affirmed over and over since I made it.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Sucks that one of my most anticipated titles of the year is published by these turds (DA3).

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 uninspiredcup

@silversix_ said:

Sucks that one of my most anticipated titles of the year is published by these turds (DA3).

The exact same thing happened with Dragon Age. It was suppose to be the spiritual successor to Baldurs Gate. But that was intellectual game-play. And thus, they removed any hint of intelligence required. (Dragon Age itself was already simplified to begin with). Not sure why you would hype 3. It looks like the exact same shit as before with bettter visuals.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

I read about this earlier. This is pretty disgusting, even for EA.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Well EA DID LOSE out on worst company of the year for 3 years straight when they didn't take the title in 2013. Obviously they are going for three out of four with a victory in 2014.

DUH... WINNING

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

That shit IS pretty low

But your line about the youtubers is kind of off, they didn't pay them to say positive things about BF4, they gave them extra money for videos highlighting levolution in the game and not making videos focusing on bugs or glitches

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

But but they said they were sad they keep winning that award. Guess they're trying to outdo themselves in the scum dept. Fucking wish Titanfall had a different publisher I'm dying to pilot a mech again. Thinking it's time to abandon the console ship and try out this pc gaming all the kids are talking about

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Yeah. I think I'll buy it used because, you know, it's EA. They deserve to die, but I want to play that game so badly.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shielder7

@ominous_titan said:

But but they said they were sad they keep winning that award. Guess they're trying to outdo themselves in the scum dept. Fucking wish Titanfall had a different publisher I'm dying to pilot a mech again. Thinking it's time to abandon the console ship and try out this pc gaming all the kids are talking about

EAs infestation is worse on PCs.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

After EA was caught paying off youtube celebs (Read: Losers) to say positive things about Battlefield 4 without letting the general public know....

Now, with expected (and deserved) backlash for the philosophical rape of a classic franchise (they killed), EA has filtered out and disallowed users to display any negative feedback on google play.

Eurogamer, a superior website to gamespot

Here is PR blurb in shitty attempts to make it seem ok for stupid people who they assume is everyone.

“We're always looking at new ways to gather player feedback so that we can continue to improve our games. The 'rate this app' feature in the Google Play version of Dungeon Keeper was designed to help us collect valuable feedback from players who don't feel the game is worth a top rating. We wanted to make it easier for more players to send us feedback directly from the game if they weren't having the best experience. Players can always continue to leave any rating they want on the Google Play Store.”

ok so they paid celbs then they promoted on facebook... Who didn't think they was getting paid?

ALSO so people who choose not to leave a 5 They ask them to email them what they didn't like. Not sure if that's truly bad... As a company that deals with reviews, Wouldn't you want the people who didn't have the best experience to tell you what was wrong so you can fix it? If you don't say what is wrong with a product to the makers then NOTHING will get fixed to your liking

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shielder7

@Bigboi500 said:

@silversix_ said:

Yeah. I think I'll buy it used because, you know, it's EA. They deserve to die, but I want to play that game so badly.

Knowing EA you'll probably only get half the game than.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

@ominous_titan said:

I'm curious as to how it's worse on PC?

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Shielder7

@soulitane said:

@Shielder7 said:

@ominous_titan said:

Origin

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 soulitane

@Shielder7 said:

@soulitane said:

@Shielder7 said:

@ominous_titan said:

SpinCity

Constant EA sports titles, online passes etc. I'd say they offset each other.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bigboi500

@Shielder7 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@silversix_ said:

What I'll probably do is rent the game just for a quick play through, and then purchase the ultimate or GOTY edition that comes with all the DLC content when it's cheap later on.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Shielder7

@soulitane said:

Nothing offsets Origin, and Online passes have been axed... for now at least.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 soulitane

@Shielder7 said:

@soulitane said:

Nothing offsets Origin, and Online passes have been axed... for now at least.

Using origin isn't too different to needing to sign up to EA's website to play any of their games online on consoles. Even using it isn't really that much of a hassle, just have it sign you in automatically and pretend it's not there. Yes, but not for the games that still require them.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

Personally I think this about the least offensive thing EA has done. I am pretty sure gaming media is bought and paid for, one group getting caught every once in a while doesn't hold a candle to something like releasing unplayable games.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shielder7

@soulitane said:

Using origin isn't too..........

Far as I read don't know what came after that but you're wrong.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By soulitane

@Shielder7 said:

@soulitane said:

So I see I win this argument then, it's nice arguing with idiots some times I guess.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

First MS, now EA. Birds of the feather i guess. Both scumbag companies.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Shielder7

@soulitane said:

@Shielder7 said:

@soulitane said:

So I see I win this argument then, it's nice arguing with idiots some times I guess.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 soulitane

@Shielder7 said:

@soulitane said:

@Shielder7 said:

@soulitane said:

It's not my fault I see you getting owned left right and centre on these boards. Just hang in there champ, maybe one of these days you're be right.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Shielder7

@Bigboi500 said:

@Shielder7 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@silversix_ said:

What I'll probably do is rent the game just for a quick play through, and then purchase the ultimate or GOTY edition that comes with all the DLC content when it's cheap later on.

Assuming EA doesn't sick their grubby little fingers in it to the point there won't be a GOTY edition. Was there even a GOTY editions for the other 2? Remember DA3 will be going up against the Witcher 3 I fully expect DA3 sales to be spanked on that note alone.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Bigboi500

@Shielder7 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@Shielder7 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@silversix_ said:

Assuming EA doesn't sick their grubby little fingers in it to the point there won't be a GOTY edition. Was there even a GOTY editions for the other 2? Remember DA3 will be going up against the Witcher 3 I fully expect DA3 sales to be spanked on that note alone.

Yeah DAO had one, and I got it for $20. DA2 wasn't worth purchasing imo.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By uninspiredcup

@kittennose said:

Personally I think this about the least offensive thing EA has done. I am pretty sure gaming media is bought and paid for, one group getting caught every once in a while doesn't hold a candle to something like releasing unplayable games.

My friend, I feel you are wrong on the issue. A huge difference exists between a greedy wall street merchant paying off people off and directing clamping the general public with deliberate imposed perceived ignorance via blanket PR talk. One is mutual and beneficial for both parties, the other is imposed and a tactic factually used by histories most notorious dictatorships. e.g. early Nazi Germany....

When a company has stooped to using tactics previously used by Nazi Germany, it's (generally speaking) difficult to imagine a lower bar.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#30 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

It's a part of the business. EA just sucks in hiding it. Nothing here that's never been done before.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

hooray for capitalism.

a thing the board seems inept to understand.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

Good to see EA really means it when they say they're going to work hard to not be voted worst company in America again.

Making people wait one day to dig out a single block in DK? An imp costs $8?? They don't even make any effort to mask their utter contempt and disdain for their consumers, it's incredible. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they just came out with a press release telling us they think we're fucking morons and deserve such treatment.

I haven't given EA any money in a long time, and never will. Not the worst company in the US, but easily the worst publisher out there.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46288 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:

After wasting money on BF4 and NFS Rivals (the PC version, i hear its fine on consoles) I decided not to give EA a cent more of my money until they stop treating consumers like walking wallets and developers like sequel machines.

My decision has only been affirmed over and over since I made it.

The absolute worst thing about it is, not that they release games absolutely broken, but that they refuse to fix them and instead focus on creating extra content to get even more money. It seems like when a game is only a couple of months out, it's already to old to be bothered to fix it.

I'm talking about NFS in this case, but BF took months to fix as well, if it's already completely fixed.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

EA blows......not much more need be said.

@razgriz_101 said:

hooray for capitalism.

Yeah....no.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Something thats been done before. They get knack for their online infrastructure. Turning something, fun to more corporate.
They still and have published some top games and apparently, theyre still growing.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

You guys with your flip flopping and constant opinion changing is fucking laughable.

EA does something and you all hate them, then EA announces a game and you love them, then they do something and you hate them, then they release a game and you hate them, then a game comes out and you hate them but 6 months later you suddenly loved that game, then they do something and you hate them, then they announce a game and you love them. Then you think its cool to defend them for the years of hate they got, then you hate them again. You people need to make up your minds.

Its just like last years E3. You all hated EA (well the majority of you did) and bile and hatred towards them constantly saying how youd never buy another EA game and blah blah blah. Then one day they announce star wars battlefront 3 and Id never seen so damn many "Take my money now!" posts in my life and people saying they love EA. Then you hate them. Then they announce mirrors edge 2 and suddenly you cant wait to start sucking EA's collective dick again and thanking them.

It wasn't but a month ago people were starting to like EA again and a lot of people were making excuses for them, now were back to the "I HATE EA BECAUSE THEY HAVE BIG STUPID DOODIE FACES" stage again.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By uninspiredcup
@Gargus said:

You guys with your flip flopping and constant opinion changing is fucking laughable.

EA does something and you all hate them, then EA announces a game and you love them, then they do something and you hate them, then they release a game and you hate them, then a game comes out and you hate them but 6 months later you suddenly loved that game, then they do something and you hate them, then they announce a game and you love them. Then you think its cool to defend them for the years of hate they got, then you hate them again. You people need to make up your minds.

Its just like last years E3. You all hated EA (well the majority of you did) and bile and hatred towards them constantly saying how youd never buy another EA game and blah blah blah. Then one day they announce star wars battlefront 3 and Id never seen so damn many "Take my money now!" posts in my life and people saying they love EA. Then you hate them. Then they announce mirrors edge 2 and suddenly you cant wait to start sucking EA's collective dick again and thanking them.

It wasn't but a month ago people were starting to like EA again and a lot of people were making excuses for them, now were back to the "I HATE EA BECAUSE THEY HAVE BIG STUPID DOODIE FACES" stage again.

I agree my friend, These fellows appear to be hypocrites and in general, bad people. I'm glad you posted. Your posts always bring truth and justice. Level headed posts such as this, without a shred of ego, are exactly what the world needs.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#38 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

EA fucking sucks.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By uninspiredcup

@razgriz_101 said:

hooray for capitalism.

I never understand you young people. You make loud, brash posts attempting to preach, yet, fail on the most fundamental level.

My friend, being "not happy" does not equal "not understanding". If like me, you succeeded highly in school, basic comprehension skills would make differentiating fairly simple. As would (the intent) of "understanding" being mistaken with "accepting".

When you decide to insult thousands of people for "understanding". Failing to "understand" twice in two lines of text, doesn't exactly make you appear intelligent. Just loud. Like all the young people nowadays.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LJS9502_basic

@Gargus said:

My stance on EA never wavers.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

I still enjoy some of their games, so I guess you have to put up with this crap.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

is it even possible to sink lower?

where do they go after they hit the iron?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Honestly it doesn't surprise me, why? cause every freaking big business does this, if you see an ad or commercial chances are whoever is selling the product is using paid actors to "hype" or "push" their product, it's like that PS4 ad that has that one girl who says "all my friends who are gamers have a PS4".

Welcome to everyday shyte.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Ballroompirate said:

Honestly it doesn't surprise me, why? cause every freaking big business does this, if you see an ad or commercial chances are whoever is selling the product is using paid actors to "hype" or "push" their product, it's like that PS4 ad that has that one girl who says "all my friends who are gamers have a PS4".

Welcome to everyday shyte.

Depends. Ads are known to be just that. But if it's not expressly an ad then they have to disclose they are being paid.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@LJS9502_basic:

There's a few youtubers/streamers that will say positive things if you "sponsor" them and they will say positive things about a game and tend to ignore some bad bugs, glitches ect ect so stuff like EA paying people off doesn't surprise me.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@uninspiredcup: That's some seriouis BS. If EA wanted to get feedback, they still could without gimping the rating system. Now the game has WRONG RATING for the game on Google Play. Of course, this will make other would be buyers to purchase the game thinking it's great, when it really sucks. EA wonders why they received the "Worse Company" Award 3 years in a row.

The right way to do this was to allow all the ratings to go through, but anyone giving a 1-3 rating could have the option to provide feedback as to why they gave the rating they did. This way the Ratings will be correct and EA will still get whatever feedback they feel they need. Trying to deceive gamers is a real No-No. This will just cause more gamers to boycott EA.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@kittennose said:

My friend, I feel you are wrong on the issue. A huge difference exists between a greedy wall street merchant paying off people off and directing clamping the general public with deliberate imposed perceived ignorance via blanket PR talk. One is mutual and beneficial for both parties, the other is imposed and a tactic factually used by histories most notorious dictatorships. e.g. early Nazi Germany....

When a company has stooped to using tactics previously used by Nazi Germany, it's (generally speaking) difficult to imagine a lower bar.

I think that my great grand parents would have been in a lot less of a hurry to flee Germany if the Nazi's biggest crime was telling them they would no longer pelt them with cash if they said bad things about the party. Refusing to fund content that gives them negative publicity is no big deal. Paying people to say nice stuff about your product is just advertizing.

Releasing games that do not work should send gamers into seething rages. I do not understand how broken games ranks lower then youtube Astroturfing.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Pretty damn funny.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Bigboi500

Itz just bizznisss, EA can shit on my chest becuz itz just biznisss.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Shielder7

@Gargus said:

I don't know who you're referring to but my hatred of EA has been pretty consistent over the better part of the decade.