EA: MS is Catching Up To Sony.

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@stereointegrity said:

You saying they can afford it shows ur lack of business ethics

What the hell does that have to do with business ethics? lol

I think its good that MS is pushing Sony, will keep them on their toes and keep pushing them to release games.

lol XD

funkmaster1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By funkmaster1233
Member since 2014 • 706 Posts

@tormentos:

I agree when it comes to quantity.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@blackace said:

They will eventually catch them in the U.S. and UK.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox-one-sells-1m-in-the-uk/0141711

I don't think so personally. Sony sold 1m in the UK two months ago whilst the Xbox has had to plummet it's price here. Sony are sitting pretty on being able to drop the price and have consistently outsold the Xbox despite huge pushes by MS with Titanfall, Forza MCC, Sunset Overdrive and so on. I also can't see MS being able to rely on the third party push they've had early on, it's going to get harder and harder to miss out the PS4 with the size of it's user base, we've already seen games move to PC and Crytek seem to have been hurt badly by Ryse. Doesn't the Xbox have an exclusive hiatus for quite a few months or something? I've seen that bandied about on here but haven't looked it up.

MS has played most of their hand with the price and some of the bigger titles they've put out whilst Sony are still holding their price drop and games like Bloodborne, Uncharted and Gran Turismo plus solid sellers like GoW.

I don't know about the US though.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@donalbane said:

@Heil68 said:

I would hope so after a revision to drop the joke of the industry Kinect(lol) and multiple price drops..lulz

Yes, the same recovery strategy Sony applied to the PS3 seems to be helping Microsoft this generation.

Maybe maybe not. However it's Gen 8 now not 7

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@stereointegrity said:

You saying they can afford it shows ur lack of business ethics

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

"in selling X1s to retailers" is what's missing

lem_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By lem_1224
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

after holidays xbone will overtake failstation in sales!

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#58 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

It's practically a $400 vs a $200 console right now.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

Electronic Arts CFO Blake Jorgensen believes Microsoft is "catching up" to Sony in the current-gen console battle. Jorgensen said during a talk at the UBS Global Technology Conference in Sausalito, California yesterday that "Sony has jumped out to a lead with a great console and I think a great pricing strategy" with the PS4.

Shipments for Sony's latest home console reached 13.5 million consoles as of late October, whereas Microsoft reported that shipments of Xbox One consoles hit 10 million globally last week. Jorgensen saw the Xbox One's $50 price cut for the holidays as a tactic by Microsoft that "will continue to pull the consumer into the new consoles." The EA executive estimated that combined sales for the two systems will top 25 million consoles following the holidays.

Thoughts? This the 2nd time I have heard this.

Link

You wish ... all im saying.

10million globaly as of last week vs 13.5million as of late October ( now we have late November ) is far from catch up.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

ofcourse they are EA LOL, doing the PR now for MS ?

is it because you are in bed with MS ? or is it because origin is not on ps4 ?

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#61  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

EA is very trustworthy. They always say the truth.
Remember the Wii U quotes?
They only say this because MS has said yes to something... Origin on XBOne?

Just stop posting what EA says. They are useless.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#62 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@StormyJoe: Way to be neutral there EA... I mean it's good for both if MS catches up to them, good for competition

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@FastRobby said:
@tormentos said:

@donalbane said:

If anything, this recent Xbox sales surge has shown that average consumers care more about the price than all of the minutia that gets discussed ad nauseam in forums like these. All Microsoft needs to do to catch up is keep their price below the PS4 and keep delivering on the exclusives. I think that's well within the realm of possibility. The PS4 is a fine machine, but as the generation progresses, more and more people will own both.

You don't get it do you.,? MS is sinking the xbox one into a loss pit,they are losing money non stop basically since launch those free bundle games are not free to MS,and the heavy pricing eats into the profits since they are not buying enough units to take cuts in mass production the way sony is doing.

They ship close to 10 million units but have sold not even 7 million of those,while sony is close to sell those 13.5 million units already,US may care and Uk about price drops but how did that serve MS last gen.?

Sony sold the same amount of units MS sold with the xbox 360 but in 1 year less,even that MS had almost 10 million units head start and a price advantage all gen long,so now that MS has been losing world wide i don't see them getting close to sony even with a lower price.

Hell the XBO just reach 1 million in UK sony already did that 2 months ago,but in markets like Germany sony already sold 1 million units while MS is at 176K units that 6 to 1 gap and in most of EU it is like that and will not change,so yeah MS will always trail sony this gen.

@blackace said:

They will eventually catch them in the U.S. and UK.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox-one-sells-1m-in-the-uk/0141711

What does that prove that MS is playing catch up.? Because sony sold 1 million units in September in Uk,2 months ago.

US and UK are even less of an issue for sony this gen that they were last gen,the advantage the PS4 has over the xbox one in EU is freaking huge this time,so basically MS will trail the PS4 all gen long,oh and hope sony doesn't drop the price..

@funkmaster1233 said:

The XBox was phenomenal and bettered the PS2 in many ways.

Yet it was ultra behind the PS2 game wise.

@kuu2 said:

@Heil68 said:

I would hope so after a revision to drop the joke of the industry Kinect(lol) and multiple price drops..lulz

And yet Sony couldn't do it for a whole generation with the DelayStation3........lulz

MSoft actually putting out great software since its launch while Soony has put out................... well they were cheaper.

Oh please even Halo has 87 ahahaha they have shit,TLOU 95% the highest rated game this year on meta damn this year sucks for gaming,and pretending the xbox one had a good year is a joke it didn't and its best game is a damn flop game,in all sense of the words since it failed to live to the 9+ scores it had on several of its chapter.

You best game this year is a collection of old games,the best PS4 one is a last year game this year suck for gaming.

Ow look, Tormentos and some made up statistics, what else is new

LOL, bit like when he pretended he had a PS4

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@StormyJoe: Way to be neutral there EA... I mean it's good for both if MS catches up to them, good for competition

Yeah, I'd be a little "WTF?" if I were Sony.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@StormyJoe said:

Electronic Arts CFO Blake Jorgensen believes Microsoft is "catching up" to Sony in the current-gen console battle. Jorgensen said during a talk at the UBS Global Technology Conference in Sausalito, California yesterday that "Sony has jumped out to a lead with a great console and I think a great pricing strategy" with the PS4.

Shipments for Sony's latest home console reached 13.5 million consoles as of late October, whereas Microsoft reported that shipments of Xbox One consoles hit 10 million globally last week. Jorgensen saw the Xbox One's $50 price cut for the holidays as a tactic by Microsoft that "will continue to pull the consumer into the new consoles." The EA executive estimated that combined sales for the two systems will top 25 million consoles following the holidays.

Link

10million globaly as of last week vs 13.5million as of late October ( now we have late November ) is far from catch up.

There is a difference between "catching up" and "caught up"...

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#67 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

They released Titanfall just for Microsoft so it's natural they want them to make a comeback or else they would have bet on the wrong horse.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#68 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Lionheart08 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

They released Titanfall just for Microsoft so it's natural they want them to make a comeback or else they would have bet on the wrong horse.

Which was a big mistake, also seing how FIFA has exclusive content aswell doesn't make it easier for them to make a case. They should have released Titanfall on all platforms

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@AzatiS said:

@StormyJoe said:

Link

There is a difference between "catching up" and "caught up"...

ok , catching up .... we will see