EA micro transactions in all our games!

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

svenus97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 svenus97
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts

Oh you **** whiny **** Just don't buy it.

ciorlandenis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52 ciorlandenis
Member since 2012 • 322 Posts

omfg, spend money on gamez ??? NEIN!!

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

[QUOTE="Shielder7"][QUOTE="BPoole96"]

Knew this would happy. Any money grabbing that gamers support in any way becomes the norm and eventually everyone will  just follow suit. Once the publishers decide they need even more money, they will just think of some new way to screw people over. I really won't be surprised if SP games start to have long grinds that will be annoying so the player will buy a shortcut DLC just to skip over it.

BPoole96

In other words paying for cheat codes and re spawns on the horizon.

We're already there

And The War Z makes you wait an hour to spawn again if you die unless you pay them money. You also lose any gear that you bought with real money for your character when he dies.

And let's not forget Capom selling Asura's Wrath "True Ending" as DLC

I meant on the horizon for EA
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

Thanks PC gamers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts
Ceeeelebrate good times come on!
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
I dont mind, I just dont buy any of it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

svenus97

BECAUSE THAT HELPS WHEN EVERYONE ELSE IS BUYING IT

Well, best case scenario, it doesn't affect the game design at all. AND MONKEYS MIGHT FLY OUT OF MY BUTT.
Happy fun times ahead courtesy of Uncle Riccitiello.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts
[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]All the major pubs have been doing it for ages, and if anyones really to blame for frivilous microtransactions its silly korean free mmo's.clyde46
Thing is though in FTP games, microtransactions are the only way for the devs to make money. I hate the fact thats its in a £40 game. They make you pay upfront then ask you to pay more once you get into the game.

its roots are their, the whole practice spawns from there EA's just using it in their product now..suddenly its all bad but its roots are traced back to there end of if anyone is to blame for microtransactions its games such as theres only now EA's got the tech and ideology to implement it in their products the now use it. All it is really is another revenue stream, which some people are suckers for and pay top dollar for unlocks, its really just an evolution of the cheat code and god fobid phonelines such as codemasters cheats and hints phone line.
AntiType

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 AntiType
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts
I hope consumers do not buy into it. I am a huge SimCity fan, and I am NOT buying the new once since it is obviously gutted for DLC.
svenus97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 svenus97

[QUOTE="svenus97"]

McStrongfast

Well, best case scenario, it doesn't affect the game design at all. AND MONKEYS MIGHT FLY OUT OF MY BUTT.

If everyone is buying it then what's the problem...
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
I stopped buying EA games because I can't stand EA. I never bothered buying Mass Effect 3 or Battlefield 3 due to them being EA games. Well that and they aren't on Steam. I like having all my DD games in one place. I have no desire to deal with origin. At this point, the only way I will buy an EA game is if it is the game of the year edition that includes all the DLC for the game and at a cheap price of $20 or less.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#62 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
i don't mind if they do it, I won't buy their games. I didn't buy Dead Space 3 and i wont support any future nickle and diming. Day 1 dlc? No thanks. On disc dlc? No thanks. Gamers need to use their money to show companies what they will and won't put up with.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#63 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

It's a shame people will miss out of good games for something they don't even have to buy into.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#64 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts
[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"]well its just preference , you cant say its right or wrong to purchase DLC , if i spent 60$ already why not add a 10$ extra to get new stuff provided i like the game, if you say you could afford then it means you dont want it (enough)Shielder7
If you cannot see the principle, and how this is going to affect the game in a negative way through your cloud smoke of arrogance we have nothing more to discuss.

you may be affected in a negative way because you want it for free, but the devs got cash for future investments and i did recieve cool weapons to play with, its a win-win for us , but i understand why you feel left out ...
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#65 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Shame some people fail to see why this is becoming a big problem. That argument that you don't have to buy the DLC if you don't want to is getting old.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Animal-Mother
Shame some people fail to see why this is becoming a big problem. That argument that you don't have to buy the DLC if you don't want to is getting old. Miroku32
But the problem is it's the truth. I know it's beating a dead horse. But you don't have to buy anything.
KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#67 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

I will not buy anymore games from EA. I hope other people do this as well. Don't show support! Plus EA horrible at making games :lol:

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#68 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts

In the long run publishers like EA will remove even more content from the games and charge them as "DLC".

For example, in the past new weapons, skins and stuff like that were unlockables. Now most of them are DLC.

Sooner or later you will see EA will follow Crapcom and release the real ending of a game as a DLC, or lock the multiplayer content and force you to pay it if you want to play.

Sure, you don't have to buy the real ending or the multiplayer part or anything but it is amazing how people allow companies like EA or Crapcom remove parts of the games that were once standard to have in the full package.

Jack-Burton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Jack-Burton
Member since 2013 • 2435 Posts
People will just eat it up like all terrible practices when EA sticks this on there favorite games. Bu..... bu.... bu...... it doesn't affect your game, fine bend over and take it and bend over and take the next terrible scheme they will dream up, because they realize you won't say anything. You Pay your $60 soon all dlc will be micro transactions $1 for this skin, $1 for that unlock and you ass will be so sore from the pounding EA has been giving you, you just wont care any more. Soon they will be stealing your blue eyed girls just like David Lo Pan and you will just sit back and take that too I bet.
Moriarity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Moriarity_
Member since 2011 • 1332 Posts
I already have more than enough reason to not buy anything from EA. This is just reinforcing my decision.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

[QUOTE="McStrongfast"]

[QUOTE="svenus97"]

svenus97

When it brings in enough revenue for it to be a profitable venture, smartypants. Not literally everyone. I didn't buy Dead Space 3 and no microstransactions in ME3, FIFA or Tiger Woods, and look where we are. I can try to be vigilant for myself, but I'm not the only consumer out there am I?

When you're designing games around a business model which may benefit from making the game worse for those who don't pay, then that is an issue. Game design becoming more about manipulating people into upping companies' bottom lines than "good" design.

Currently it's theoretically a bad thing, which could very easily go dark side. It's essentially about trusting companies to not get tempted to go down that path. Let me reintroduce you two, THIS IS ELECTRONIC ARTS. This is Real Racing 3.

So that's the problem.

Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#72 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

I think it's a ripoff and I refuse to buy anything of the sort

svenus97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 svenus97

[QUOTE="svenus97"][QUOTE="McStrongfast"] BECAUSE THAT HELPS WHEN EVERYONE ELSE IS BUYING IT

McStrongfast

When it brings in enough revenue for it to be a profitable venture, smartypants. Not literally everyone. I didn't buy Dead Space 3 and no microstransactions in ME3, FIFA or Tiger Woods, and look where we are. I can try to be vigilant for myself, but I'm not the only consumer out there am I?

When you're designing games around a business model which may benefit from making the game worse for those who don't pay, then that is an issue. Game design becoming more about manipulating people into upping companies' bottom lines than "good" design.

Currently it's theoretically a bad thing, which could very easily go dark side. It's essentially about trusting companies to not get tempted to go down that path. Let me reintroduce you two, THIS IS ELECTRONIC ARTS. This is Real Racing 3.

So that's the problem.

It's very sad that you missed on a good game like DS3 because you have an irrational fear of completely optional micro-transactions. Oh, and, you can buy stuff with an in-game currency as well... There is nothing wrong with micro-transactions, especially since all of it is basically cosmetic. Refusing to buy a game because it has m-t in it is like refusing to buy a car because it can come in different colors.
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
.99c to buy a different colour shoe in fifa.
Blue_Shield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Blue_Shield
Member since 2010 • 2610 Posts

It depends on how they use it.

If it is just paid cheat codes, that's fine.

However, if it evolves into freemium model (e.g. Jetpack Joyride), where it's unrealatistic to have real progression without micro transactions, then yes, that would be unexcusable.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#76 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

If I'm trying to play the game and it blatandly states "buy this!" or "if only you had bought this!" then I want a refund.
I had that issue with Sleepy Dogs.

If it's in the launcher I don't feel that bad about it, but if I'm in the game, I'm in the fricking game. So let me be.

GeForce-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 GeForce-
Member since 2013 • 305 Posts

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

[QUOTE="McStrongfast"]

[QUOTE="svenus97"]

If everyone is buying it then what's the problem...svenus97

So that's the problem.

It's very sad that you missed on a good game like DS3 because you have an irrational fear of completely optional micro-transactions. Oh, and, you can buy stuff with an in-game currency as well... There is nothing wrong with micro-transactions, especially since all of it is basically cosmetic. Refusing to buy a game because it has m-t in it is like refusing to buy a car because it can come in different colors.

You're the one who said "don't like don't buy it". Now you're telling me "don't like it buy it"?

I didn't buy Dead Space 3 because I don't particularly care for Dead Space. If I did I probably would've been disappointed by it for other reasons.

There's nothing irrational about being concerned about where things are heading with this stuff. I'm not talking about Dead Space 3, I've been told EA didn't cross the line with that game. But I think it's foolhardy to believe that they never would. Because this is Electronic Arts and this is Real Racing 3.

Mr_BillGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Mr_BillGates
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

Clearly inspired by those MMO item malls and TF2 hats. PC, the plague that continues to hurt the gaming industry.

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

I haven't bought an EA game in such a long time because they do this kind of stuff.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#81 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts
I don't get why people are so upset by this, the microtransaction thing is a good way for EA to make money on impatient gamers, people who want better weapons, armor, supplies, without earning it in the game, screw them if they can't play a game the way it was meant to, and Dead Space 3 through the salvage bots gets you points to use for microtransactions that don't require paying actual money, so you don't really need to pay money if you don't want to.
soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#82 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
[QUOTE="Miroku32"]Shame some people fail to see why this is becoming a big problem. That argument that you don't have to buy the DLC if you don't want to is getting old. Animal-Mother
But the problem is it's the truth. I know it's beating a dead horse. But you don't have to buy anything.

I don't think the argument is about not buying it, because obviously you don't have to buy the DLC. I think it more comes down to, where will this end? Will they start putting this into MP games (I know they already have) and make it pay to win, ie giving people who pay weapons which other people can't even unlock. Or if they make the SP so hard a lot of people will either need to tediously grind their way through if they don't want to pay. Obviously that was a quite bad slippery slope argument, but it kind of gets across the point.
Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Slow_Show
Member since 2011 • 2018 Posts

Cliff Bleszinski sums this all up nicely, continues to raise questions about why someone so intelligent went by "Dude Huge" and "Cliffy B" for so long.

svenus97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 svenus97

[QUOTE="svenus97"][QUOTE="McStrongfast"]When it brings in enough revenue for it to be a profitable venture, smartypants. Not literally everyone. I didn't buy Dead Space 3 and no microstransactions in ME3, FIFA or Tiger Woods, and look where we are. I can try to be vigilant for myself, but I'm not the only consumer out there am I?

So that's the problem.

McStrongfast

You're the one who said "don't like don't buy it". Now you're telling me "don't like it buy it"?

I didn't buy Dead Space 3 because I don't particularly care for Dead Space. If I did I probably would've been disappointed by it for other reasons.

There's nothing irrational about being concerned about where things are heading with this stuff. I'm not talking about Dead Space 3, I've been told EA didn't cross the line with that game. But I think it's foolhardy to believe that they never would. Because this is Electronic Arts and this is Real Racing 3.

My "don't like it, don't buy it" refered to micro-transactions not the game itself.

Jack-Burton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Jack-Burton
Member since 2013 • 2435 Posts
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/187939/EA_backtracks_on_microtransactions_in_all_future_games.php#.UTd3ATf7Qiv EA backtracks on the Micro-transaction stance, good on those who refused to bend over for EA and accept these practices.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="Miroku32"]Shame some people fail to see why this is becoming a big problem. That argument that you don't have to buy the DLC if you don't want to is getting old. soulitane

I don't think the argument is about not buying it, because obviously you don't have to buy the DLC. I think it more comes down to, where will this end? Will they start putting this into MP games (I know they already have) and make it pay to win, ie giving people who pay weapons which other people can't even unlock. Or if they make the SP so hard a lot of people will either need to tediously grind their way through if they don't want to pay. Obviously that was a quite bad slippery slope argument, but it kind of gets across the point.

But it's going to start happening more and more.
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="Miroku32"]Shame some people fail to see why this is becoming a big problem. That argument that you don't have to buy the DLC if you don't want to is getting old. soulitane

Yah.

If you don't like the practice it's simply best to not support the game at all. EA won't support the practice if they see it driving away gamers.

FashionFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 FashionFreak
Member since 2004 • 2326 Posts

Because having a couple optional weapons available for $5 in Dead Space 3 DLC totally ruined the game. :roll: