EA 'creates' a LittleBigPlanet Clone

• 162 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

[QUOTE="nervmeister"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

Let them live in the world where LBP was a good game, its amusing.

ActicEdge

Listen, I'm no fan of the real world either. But my reasons for shunning it are quite different from yours (work, taxes, my mother, etc.)

Platforming is all I have, I feel empty when they suck. I need to fill the void with RAGE!!!!!!

I understand your gripe with LBP's platforming. As for me, I found it quite acceptable though not spectacular.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#102 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="nervmeister"]Listen, I'm no fan of the real world either. But my reasons for shunning it are quite different from yours (work, taxes, my mother, etc.)

nervmeister

Platforming is all I have, I feel empty when they suck. I need to fill the void with RAGE!!!!!!

I understand your gripe with LBP's platforming. As for me, I found it quite acceptable though not spectacular.

Off Topic what is the movie from your sig I know it is edited but what is it originally from?

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

[QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

Off Topic what is the movie from your sig I know it is edited but what is it originally from?

Wow. This must be one special movie since this is the third time I got asked this. It's called Palindromes.
hd5870corei7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104 hd5870corei7
Member since 2010 • 1612 Posts
They should have cloned a good game instead.The_RedLion
Because cloning an absolutely and phenomenally fantastic games like LittleBigPlanet should not be cloned, is what you mean, right?
VideoGameGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 VideoGameGuy
Member since 2002 • 7695 Posts
[QUOTE="The_RedLion"]They should have cloned a good game instead.hd5870corei7
Because cloning an absolutely and phenomenally fantastic games like LittleBigPlanet should not be cloned, is what you mean, right?

LBP controlled like garbage. i'm holding my breath for number 2.
RogueShodown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 RogueShodown
Member since 2009 • 2818 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="thespywholied"]

Still.. LBP2 cannot beat Gmod. And that came out in 2006. :)

thespywholied

Ehh I think it can compete pretty easily.

GMod,while great, lacks real structure and usability. LBP has that and I'm sure this new one by EA will be similar.

Anything that promotes user generated content with a great way of distributing it, is awesome in my books.

I hope MM stop using the copyright rule i found that quite harsh, And are little bit paranoid if they think there going to get sued to due to a player placing a few mario items or making some levels based off some games. Gmod has tons of ported models and props and Garry has only be warned once by EA due to some rude model based off faith from Mirror Edge. Apart from that LBP 2 will be very good. :P

Have you played LBP recently? There are tons of old Mario levels that haven't been taken down. I think they stopped doing that a few months after the game was released.
RogueShodown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 RogueShodown
[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="ShadowriverUB"]

What LBP trying to clone?

Hahadouken

Good platforming. But it failed miserably.

Except it didn't. I guess as usual the reviews were all paid off, and only polar opposites exist where if a game is slightly less good than the absolute best, it "sucks". :?

The platforming was great. People don't like it because it isn't like Mario or because they never played it. The only levels the platforming wasn't good for was clones of other games, while the campaign itself is tons of fun, but very short. How did people expect the jumping to be when the game was physics-based? I didn't understand why MM didn't let you adjust gravity, as it would be an obvious thing to add, but at least they're doing it for LBP2. Original levels tend to be more fun to play in LBP than levels that clone other games.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

[QUOTE="Hahadouken"][QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

RogueShodown

Except it didn't. I guess as usual the reviews were all paid off, and only polar opposites exist where if a game is slightly less good than the absolute best, it "sucks". :?

The platforming was great. People don't like it because it isn't like Mario or because they never played it. The only levels the platforming wasn't good for was clones of other games, while the campaign itself is tons of fun, but very short. How did people expect the jumping to be when the game was physics-based? I didn't understand why MM didn't let you adjust gravity, as it would be an obvious thing to add, but at least they're doing it for LBP2. Original levels tend to be more fun to play in LBP than levels that clone other games.

No it wasn't.

I played it and enjoy tons of platformers not called Mario, its just that this one wasn't one of them.

I don't care about "phyiscs based", its not an excuse for suck. Sorry my tolerance of "suck" is apparently not as high as other people in regards to this genre.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

No it wasn't.

I played it and enjoy tons of platformers not called Mario, its just that this one wasn't one of them.

I don't care about "phyiscs based", its not an excuse for suck. Sorry my tolerance of "suck" is apparently not as high as other people in regards to this genre.

ActicEdge

Physics: Characters tend to float two or three seconds when they jump. And they say that actually adds REALISM, mind you.

RogueShodown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 RogueShodown

[QUOTE="RogueShodown"][QUOTE="Hahadouken"] Except it didn't. I guess as usual the reviews were all paid off, and only polar opposites exist where if a game is slightly less good than the absolute best, it "sucks". :?ActicEdge

No it wasn't.

You didn't even find the campaign enjoyable? It was way too short, but I think that even someone who hated the floaty jumping would've liked it.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="bobcheeseball"]

[QUOTE="dercoo"]

LPB is doing to games what youtube has done for Online videos.

ActicEdge

Um...no. I think LBP is awesome...but not even close.

So we can all live in reality where LBP was a critically acclaimed game and many would consider one of this gen's best games? Cool.

Have fun living in whatever alternate universe your posting from

RogueShodown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 RogueShodown

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

No it wasn't.

LordQuorthon

Physics: Characters tend to float two or three seconds when they jump. And they say that actually adds REALISM, mind you.

Sackboy isn't a human being.
LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

Sackboy isn't a human being.RogueShodown

He's not supposed to be filled with helium either.

MaskedHoodlum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 MaskedHoodlum
Member since 2008 • 212 Posts

Games focused on user generated content are becoming popular, and for good reason.

LBP2 has the right mindset. Give near-mod tools to gamers to build whatever the hell they want. Then have a beautiful network backing it all so that it is easy to find the best content, and BAM you have a damn good $60 investment.

The only thing similar on the PC are mods and those are very complicated to build. Granted they end up being more robust and overall better, but for $60 you are giving tools to make a plethoraof games that, while not as full and robust as full games, still are tons of fun. I like it.

Wasdie

Exactly there should be more of these games :O

but it's also gonna be awhile before consoles have the tools to create PC level customcontent:(

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="bobcheeseball"]

Um...no. I think LBP is awesome...but not even close.

BPoole96

So we can all live in reality where LBP was a critically acclaimed game and many would consider one of this gen's best games? Cool.

Yeah, continue to live there, its a pretty sad reality but eh, I'm good in the one where the game sucked. You know, true reality ;)

AznKSor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#116 AznKSor
Member since 2010 • 1400 Posts

Whats next? A copy of Assassins Creed? Halo? I mean Copy if all means but dont make it 100% the same.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="RogueShodown"]Sackboy isn't a human being.LordQuorthon

I've honestly had enough with this idea that because it was all "physics based" it wasn't poor. There are other physics based platformers that didn't suck. Floaty games that excuted well. Like Lost winds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAdSdZV28Ck

It isnn't the best game ever but the platforming absolutely craps all over LBP and it is physics based (and makes sense since you are controlling the wind)

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

ActicEdge

Yeah, continue to live there, its a pretty sad reality but eh, I'm good in the one where the game sucked. You know, true reality ;)

I don't understand the difference between true reality and regular reality? Is true reality the one where LBP holds a 95 on MC as well as being AAA on this site plus being one of the PS3's best selling games? Now that sounds like a true reality to me.

Look, I understand you don't like the game. That's fine. But to roll around belittling other users saying they're living in their own world where LBP is a good good when it actually is widely accepted as a great game is just ridiculous.

It would be different if someone was trying to argue that games like Rogue Warrior or Stalin vs. Martians were generation defining titles but calling a game like LBP bad is just wrong. It's not bad, you just didn't like it. Since you didn't like it, why not just avoid discussions involving the game?

RogueShodown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 RogueShodown

[QUOTE="LordQuorthon"]

[QUOTE="RogueShodown"]Sackboy isn't a human being.ActicEdge

I've honestly had enough with this idea that because it was all "physics based" it wasn't poor. There are other physics based platformers that didn't suck. Floaty games that excuted well. Like Lost winds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAdSdZV28Ck

It isnn't the best game ever but the platforming absolutely craps all over LBP and it is physics based (and makes sense since you are controlling the wind)

I wasn't using that as an excuse. I think the platforming is good, not great like I said before. It never bothered me unless I was playing a level cloning another game.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

I don't understand the difference between true reality and regular reality? Is true reality the one where LBP holds a 95 on MC as well as being AAA on this site plus being one of the PS3's best selling games? Now that sounds like a true reality to me.

Look, I understand you don't like the game. That's fine. But to roll around belittling other users saying they're living in their own world where LBP is a good good when it actually is widely accepted as a great game is just ridiculous.

It would be different if someone was trying to argue that games like Rogue Warrior or Stalin vs. Martians were generation defining titles but calling a game like LBP bad is just wrong. It's not bad, you just didn't like it. Since you didn't like it, why not just avoid discussions involving the game?

I enjoy providing the other end of the spectrum in discussion. I understand this is SW and negativity on anything high rated is bad but if I don't like it I will damn well make sure, its heard that there are relevant issues with the game.

As for belittling other users, eh, I really do not like this game, I just find it amusing that saying how bad I think it is is offensive. I also have already said in this thread that my opinion is in the minority so its not as if I deny the fact that its well liked. I simple deny the fact that it was rated on the proper mechanics. Its a good game but a terrible platforming. Unless your fun comes from creating and seeing other peoples creations or goofing around with friends I don't honestly see how anyone can call this game a platformer worth visiting with all the other options, past present and future available. It just doesn't play well.

Androvinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#121 Androvinus
Member since 2008 • 5796 Posts
user creation and customization in a game is a good thing, but just making a game a LBP clone is unacceptable.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

ActicEdge

I enjoy providing the other end of the spectrum in discussion. I understand this is SW and negativity on anything high rated is bad but if I don't like it I will damn well make sure, its heard that there are relevant issues with the game.

As for belittling other users, eh, I really do not like this game, I just find it amusing that saying how bad I think it is is offensive. I also have already said in this thread that my opinion is in the minority so its not as if I deny the fact that its well liked. I simple deny the fact that it was rated on the proper mechanics. Its a good game but a terrible platforming. Unless your fun comes from creating and seeing other peoples creations or goofing around with friends I don't honestly see how anyone can call this game a platformer worth visiting with all the other options, past present and future available. It just doesn't play well.

So you're just provoking other users to stir up arguments for personal amusement? I think there's a word for that on forums...

And trust me, your voice regarding the minor issues have been heard. This isn't your first time bashing on the game, no? Sure, the jumping is kind of floaty and such but I still found the overall game to be very addictive and the constant new levels that the community has made over nearly 2 years has kept the game fresh for those who enjoy it.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

So you're just provoking other users to stir up arguments for personal amusement? I think there's a word for that on forums...

And trust me, your voice regarding the minor issues have been heard. This isn't your first time bashing on the game, no? Sure, the jumping is kind of floaty and such but I still found the overall game to be very addictive and the constant new levels that the community has made over nearly 2 years has kept the game fresh for those who enjoy it.

I don't get where you got "provoking" out of me finding it amusing that saying LBP is a crap platformer (it is) is so offensive. Trollingis intent to annoy. Perhaps saying the game sucks will annoy people but its not the same thing since I have explained why I didn't like it. I'm free to hate, saying something THAT gets a reaction isn't the same as saying someting TO get a reaction.

Oh no, I definitely jump on the hate wagon for this game. I went from hyped like hell to disappointed beyond belief, that justifies my level of hate to me. But, if I am "that" bothersome, I could tone it to something like "LBP is not good" instead of "its crap or garbage".

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

ActicEdge

I don't get where you got "provoking" out of me finding it amusing that saying LBP is a crap platformer (it is) is so offensive. Trollingis intent to annoy. Perhaps saying the game sucks will annoy people but its not the same thing since I have explained why I didn't like it. I'm free to hate, saying something THAT gets a reaction isn't the same as saying someting TO get a reaction.

Oh no, I definitely jump on the hate wagon for this game. I went from hyped like hell to disappointed beyond belief, that justifies my level of hate to me. But, if I am "that" bothersome, I could tone it to something like "LBP is not good" instead of "its crap or garbage".

Provoking as in telling other users they're living in other world if they think LBP is a bad game. Sounds like intent to annoy to me.

You did at least provide reasons as to why you disliked the game, which is a big step above the usual "I hate this game. It sucks" arguments. I'm not really bothered at all by your bashing the game, continue to do so as you please, although at this point I feel like you're beating a dead horse.

I was just bothered by the irony of stating your opinion of the game is in the minority and then turning around and saying what you did to that other guy. You're a good regular poster on SW but your personal vendetta against LBP has been discussed in the past.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

Provoking as in telling other users they're living in other world if they think LBP is a bad game. Sounds like intent to annoy to me.

You did at least provide reasons as to why you disliked the game, which is a big step above the usual "I hate this game. It sucks" arguments. I'm not really bothered at all by your bashing the game, continue to do so as you please, although at this point I feel like you're beating a dead horse.

I was just bothered by the irony of stating your opinion of the game is in the minority and then turning around and saying what you did to that other guy. You're a good regular poster on SW but your personal vendetta against LBP has been discussed in the past.

We'll know soo enough if/when I'm moderated I guess.

Granted I will agree, I am beating a dead horse, I will let this be the last time.

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

*whatever BPoole96 wrote*.

BPoole96

Holy crap... I just realized about your avatar... cool avatar mate :D

Ultizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Ultizer
Member since 2010 • 1037 Posts

Its coming to PC

so real modders can mod it

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

ActicEdge

We'll know soo enough if/when I'm moderated I guess.

Granted I will agree, I am beating a dead horse, I will let this be the last time.

Well I didn't mod you myself since thats lame. Hopefully else does either :)

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

GreenGoblin2099

Thank you! I didn't think anyone would ever recognize it

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

[QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

Thank you! I didn't think anyone would ever recognize it

In all honesty, I probably wouldn't have... but I changed my sig like 2 days ago :D

badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts
if naughty dog can create tombraider clone then why not Ea :P
FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#132 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
How flattering for LittleBigPlanet.
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Seems to lack the charm LBP hasAnjunaddict

I agree, from the few screen shots there is of Create it looks souless and bland compared to LBP.

Could change though but i'm not holding my breath.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

ActicEdge

It did? I could have sworn MM decided to take a different approach to the platforming genre, in the LBP world having a character jump up and down like a stone trying to get from point A to point B regardless of the physics surrounding him would have conflicted within it's own world. You seriously can't believe MM isn't capable of making a "proper platfomer" where physics play no role :/ ... it's a blatant design choice, one you obviously don't care for but to say reviewers reviewed the game wrong because of it is an absolute joke.

That design choice sucked ass, I don't give a damn if it was mindfully done and I think you're never going to get anywhere in an argument with me if you think purposeful implementation of a mechanic excuses it from being called out on sloppiness and criticism :| They may be capable of creating good physics but they didn't and they game sucked large for it. That and the absolute basic lack of like any other interesting mechanics. And as a said, I think the reviewers screwed up, it doesn't matter to me if that is perceived as "ignorant", I'm not here to impress, I'm here to tell it like it is.

I thought the design choice was fantastic, never played anything like it before. Simply flawless execution of character interaction with the physics enriched world, being able to drive, swim, shot, and everything in between was a ton of fun ... some of the coolest yet simplest gameplay mechanics I've ever experienced in a platformer.

You see, our OPINIONS differ ... something you're having a hard time comprehending. I have no problem with you hating LBP BUT I do have a problem with you trying to pass off your OPINION as fact ... it's all subjective my friend.

You just gotta live with the fact your opinion of LBP is in the MINORITY :)

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#135 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8283 Posts
What else has EA clones this gen? And very similar clones. GOW clone (Dantes Inferno), soon a COD clone (Medal of Honor beard man), and now we see this LBP clone (Create). I am probably missing something.SaltyMeatballs
Deadspace (RE4) :P
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 BPoole96

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]What else has EA clones this gen? And very similar clones. GOW clone (Dantes Inferno), soon a COD clone (Medal of Honor beard man), and now we see this LBP clone (Create). I am probably missing something.Sollet
Deadspace (RE4) :P

And EA MMA

icygangsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 icygangsta
Member since 2006 • 2897 Posts

Damn, I go away for a little while and all this commotion! haha! :P

It's as simple as when I played LBP for the first time, I was pretty amazed by the polish on the game as Actic mentioned; but in terms of the 'platforming' I think it's done pretty darn well, it might take a little while to get used to - depending on what type of player you are. It definetely works for the LBP world though.
I've never seen anyone have problems with it from my friend circle, I play LBP online with them, and co-op when they come round my house, and they absolutely love it & these are guys who only play COD, bar some friends who play everything.

So I'd say its not a acquired taste, but not everyone will like it/get used to it. My mum onlys plays Mario & Bejeweled, so she loves platformers, shes been playing Mario since NES/SNES, and loves the DS and Wii installment - but she dismissed LBP amongst first try, so yeah. Not that she gave it another chance.

Meh. More sack-goodness for me.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#138 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

Hum...doesnt look anywhere close to LBP unfortunatly.

EJ902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 EJ902
Member since 2005 • 14338 Posts
It's a cross platform with EA's muscle behind it, it may do well. Especially if all the versions of it have access to the same level depository (as opposed to saying "ps3-made levels only work on PS3, 360-made levels only work on 360 etc", which would be foolish), which would be a rare step forward for cross-platform online gaming. That being said I have no desire to get it as I already have LBP and didn't like the game much anyway. I'm not sold on this idea of letting users make levels and sharing them online, it seems good as a secondary feature, but in my opinion games that employ it should have a primary game mode of their own to justify being rated as a game and not just as a set of tools. I felt that with LBP that the focus was mostly on the level creation aspect, the single player was not very good in my opinion, yet it was advertised and reviewed as a game and not just a level creation tool. Though it seems this argument's already gone on long enough in this thread, I don't want to continue it. Create may appeal to gamers who like level creation (I'm just not one of them), though it does seem to lack the charm that LBP has. I really did love the graphics and sounds in LBP
tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts
They should have cloned a good game instead.The_RedLion
Haha nice try. LBP IS a good game. If you dont like it, fine. That doesnt make it a bad game whatsoever.
tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]

It did? I could have sworn MM decided to take a different approach to the platforming genre, in the LBP world having a character jump up and down like a stone trying to get from point A to point B regardless of the physics surrounding him would have conflicted within it's own world. You seriously can't believe MM isn't capable of making a "proper platfomer" where physics play no role :/ ... it's a blatant design choice, one you obviously don't care for but to say reviewers reviewed the game wrong because of it is an absolute joke.

W1NGMAN-

That design choice sucked ass, I don't give a damn if it was mindfully done and I think you're never going to get anywhere in an argument with me if you think purposeful implementation of a mechanic excuses it from being called out on sloppiness and criticism :| They may be capable of creating good physics but they didn't and they game sucked large for it. That and the absolute basic lack of like any other interesting mechanics. And as a said, I think the reviewers screwed up, it doesn't matter to me if that is perceived as "ignorant", I'm not here to impress, I'm here to tell it like it is.

I thought the design choice was fantastic, never played anything like it before. Simply flawless execution of character interaction with the physics enriched world, being able to drive, swim, shot, and everything in between was a ton of fun ... some of the coolest yet simplest gameplay mechanics I've ever experienced in a platformer.

You see, our OPINIONS differ ... something you're having a hard time comprehending. I have no problem with you hating LBP BUT I do have a problem with you trying to pass off your OPINION as fact ... it's all subjective my friend.

You just gotta live with the fact your opinion of LBP is in the MINORITY :)

Well said.
icygangsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 icygangsta
[QUOTE="EJ902"]It's a cross platform with EA's muscle behind it, it may do well. Especially if all the versions of it have access to the same level depository (as opposed to saying "ps3-made levels only work on PS3, 360-made levels only work on 360 etc", which would be foolish), which would be a rare step forward for cross-platform online gaming. That being said I have no desire to get it as I already have LBP and didn't like the game much anyway. I'm not sold on this idea of letting users make levels and sharing them online, it seems good as a secondary feature, but in my opinion games that employ it should have a primary game mode of their own to justify being rated as a game and not just as a set of tools. I felt that with LBP that the focus was mostly on the level creation aspect, the single player was not very good in my opinion, yet it was advertised and reviewed as a game and not just a level creation tool. Though it seems this argument's already gone on long enough in this thread, I don't want to continue it. Create may appeal to gamers who like level creation (I'm just not one of them), though it does seem to lack the charm that LBP has. I really did love the graphics and sounds in LBP

While you have a point, I thought the SP for LBP was short, but superb. I played it thoroughly, and 100%'d and aced every level, myself and with friends, super fun. I also never actually created my own level, I played new ones released by people on my list and by the community on a daily basis with my buds. So you don't have to be a creation buff to enjoy LBP. I hope the SP for LBP2 doesn't leave any loose strings undone.
EJ902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 EJ902
Member since 2005 • 14338 Posts
[QUOTE="icygangsta"] While you have a point, I thought the SP for LBP was short, but superb. I played it thoroughly, and 100%'d and aced every level, myself and with friends, super fun. I also never actually created my own level, I played new ones released by people on my list and by the community on a daily basis with my buds. So you don't have to be a creation buff to enjoy LBP. I hope the SP for LBP2 doesn't leave any loose strings undone.

Had I played it with friends I'm sure I would have enjoyed it a hell of a lot more, but I don't think any of my friends own a PS3 anyway :( Which meant that I couldn't do any of the bonus stages with the cool looking puzzles that required 2 or 4 players to complete. I did think the single player was superb in parts, the levels based on NY, Japan and India were fantastic and I enjoyed them so much. The rest, though decent, didn't really interest me as much. Some of the levels looked bland and the puzzles weren't really fun. The final set of levels seemed to mostly involve "be careful here or you'll land on electrified flooring", which just got annoying after a while (though the big wheel maze at the end of one of them was awesome). Had all of the single player been more like those three stages I mentioned, with their fascinating atmospheres and challenging (but not annoying) puzzles, then I have no doubt that I'd love this game. I am optimistic for LBP2, since with this game they showed that they can make something brilliant, just not in the quantity that I'd have preferred
icygangsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 icygangsta
[QUOTE="EJ902"][QUOTE="icygangsta"] While you have a point, I thought the SP for LBP was short, but superb. I played it thoroughly, and 100%'d and aced every level, myself and with friends, super fun. I also never actually created my own level, I played new ones released by people on my list and by the community on a daily basis with my buds. So you don't have to be a creation buff to enjoy LBP. I hope the SP for LBP2 doesn't leave any loose strings undone.

Had I played it with friends I'm sure I would have enjoyed it a hell of a lot more, but I don't think any of my friends own a PS3 anyway :( Which meant that I couldn't do any of the bonus stages with the cool looking puzzles that required 2 or 4 players to complete. I did think the single player was superb in parts, the levels based on NY, Japan and India were fantastic and I enjoyed them so much. The rest, though decent, didn't really interest me as much. Some of the levels looked bland and the puzzles weren't really fun. The final set of levels seemed to mostly involve "be careful here or you'll land on electrified flooring", which just got annoying after a while (though the big wheel maze at the end of one of them was awesome). Had all of the single player been more like those three stages I mentioned, with their fascinating atmospheres and challenging (but not annoying) puzzles, then I have no doubt that I'd love this game. I am optimistic for LBP2, since with this game they showed that they can make something brilliant, just not in the quantity that I'd have preferred

Yeah, I definitely understand where you're coming from. Although I loved the difficult levels to, as I'm just screaming down the bluetooth headset,' YOU BEST NOT F******* DIE!' when, i've been killed and there's only one life left, haha. Yeah the big wheel was a superb level!
mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts

Games get ripped all the time, but it looks like they didnt even try and make it not obvious. Shame on them

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

[QUOTE="Keiji993"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

I don't give a flying **** about what reviewers have to say, LBP had craptastic platforming inferior to what I found in NES and SNES game in things as simple as damn gameplay mechanics. That is abso friggin lutely unaccptable in my book for aa platformer. So the reviewers can think what they like, I don't give 2 ****s, I thought it was legitimately a crappy game and I am sticking to that opinion. For the record though, I don't think they were paid off, I just they the majority of them did a terrible job reviewing it.

Mario1331

Lol @ Mario/Nintendo fanboy, have fun playing the same mario remakes.

such a fail post.

many people had problems with the platforming of LBP, get over yourself.

secondly its the creation tools where LBP shines at you should of read his post before bashing it

More people didn't have a problem with it. I'll never understand this desire some people have for all games in the same genre to play exactly alike. What's the point of having different games if they're all identical.

Garfiun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Garfiun
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
This looks interesting I would seriously consider trying this I really enoyed playing LBP.
Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

[QUOTE="Keiji993"]

Lol @ Mario/Nintendo fanboy, have fun playing the same mario remakes.

Pug-Nasty

such a fail post.

secondly its the creation tools where LBP shines at you should of read his post before bashing it

More people didn't have a problem with it. I'll never understand this desire some people have for all games in the same genre to play exactly alike. What's the point of having different games if they're all identical.

if your in a platforming genre your expecting a platformer right?

i dont play sport games and expect the game to play like a shooter.

thats why many people deny LBP is an actual platformer but say its in the"create,play,share"genre like thats even real.

LBP platforming is horrible but everything else is well polished and the customization is remarkable.

Respawn-d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Respawn-d
Member since 2010 • 2936 Posts

Play, Create , Share 8)

dONT DENY IT. iTS A NEW GENRE

Respawn-d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Respawn-d
Member since 2010 • 2936 Posts

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

such a fail post.

Mario1331

if your in a platforming genre your expecting a platformer right?

i dont play sport games and expect the game to play like a shooter.

thats why many people deny LBP is an actual platformer but say its in the"create,play,share"genre like thats even real.

LBP platforming is horrible but everything else is well polished and the customization is remarkable.

lBP platforming is fine. It doesnt have to play like mario in order to be ok. Its a different game. Expect diff platforming mechanics