Dying Light on the PS4 = 1080p X1 = ???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fishsticklover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Fishsticklover
Member since 2013 • 252 Posts

Will this be another case of 720p for the inferior Xbox One?

Post your comments or tears below.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

I'm hoping the footage from Pewdiepie's bit was a really old X1 build because it looked a lot worse, worse framerate, some dodgy textures and a lower res for sure.

We're yet to see the X1 handle anything larger than a corridor well so far, so i'm sceptical.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

I guess all you have left to do is to rent about games on other consoles since you don't have any to play,that's sad.

And still no vita for OP :(

Fishsticklover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Fishsticklover

@MonsieurX said:

I guess all you have left to do is to rent about games on other consoles since you don't have any to play,that's sad.

Rent about games? Do you speak English Lostrib? Also can you prove what you just said?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

I'm a huge fan of Dead Island, and I'm definitely looking forward to this. The footage I saw at VGX left me impressed.

I was looking forward to more night time footage, but that was ruined by PewdiePie.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@hoosier7 said:

I'm hoping the footage from Pewdiepie's bit was a really old X1 build because it looked a lot worse, worse framerate, some dodgy textures and a lower res for sure.

We're yet to see the X1 handle anything larger than a corridor well so far, so i'm sceptical.

yup... it had a lot of frames skipped. I suppose that's a lot better than dropping frames, but still. Though at least it can run the game. I was worried that the X1 might become like the Wii U and won't be able to even play multiplats later on.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MonsieurX

@fishsticklover said:

@fishsticklover said:

@MonsieurX said:

Rent about games? Do you speak English Lostrib? Also can you prove what you just said?

I see a rant about an unreleased game and a console

And you can't prove it either,funny part

Fishsticklover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fishsticklover

@MonsieurX said:

@fishsticklover said:

@fishsticklover said:

@MonsieurX said:

You say I rant because I have no games to play. Can you prove that? Or are you going to ignore this part of my post as well?

Also does this mean that everybody who rants on this forum has no games to play either? Because every faction does it, I hope you realize this.

And Lostrib, it was you who made the claim that I didn't have a vita (out of nowhere). So I asked you to prove it, and you were unable to. And now you want me to go through the trouble of proving myself because you can't accept defeat. :(

Also when are you going to post pictures of your PC? Or are you at "work" again?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MonsieurX

Oh,you were talking to Lostrib?

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

open world i see hmm interesting i aim for >720p 15 fps on xbone

the-lone-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By the-lone-gamer
Member since 2013 • 96 Posts

@fishsticklover said:

@MonsieurX said:

@fishsticklover said:

@fishsticklover said:

@MonsieurX said:

You say I rant because I have no games to play. Can you prove that? Or are you going to ignore this part of my post as well?

Also does this mean that everybody who rants on this forum has no games to play either? Because every faction does it, I hope you realize this.

And Lostrib, it was you who made the claim that I didn't have a vita (out of nowhere). So I asked you to prove it, and you were unable to. And now you want me to go through the trouble of proving myself because you can't accept defeat. :(

Also when are you going to post pictures of your PC? Or are you at "work" again?

Thats MonsierX for you. quick to make claims about others yet when he gets called out on something he either ignores the post never to return or avoids the question completely, like what he is doing now with his "oh youre talking to lostrib" comment.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@fishsticklover said:

@MonsieurX said:

@fishsticklover said:

@MonsieurX said:

@fishsticklover said:

@fishsticklover said:

@MonsieurX said:

@MonsieurX said:

...but I haven't even commented in this thread?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Game comes out months after console releases, lems bring the "leave x1 some time, devs need to learn esram". Two year passes, Halo 6 comes out, is in 720p, lems bring the same bullshit "leave X1 some time, devs need to learn its hardware" lol. The game will be in 720p like the large majority of X1 titles and when its not 720p it'll be 900p. 1080p on X1 will be the miracle titles and mostly sports titles....

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lostrib

@the-lone-gamer said:

@fishsticklover said:

@MonsieurX said:

@fishsticklover said:

@fishsticklover said:

@MonsieurX said:

Thats MonsierX for you. quick to make claims about others yet when he gets called out on something he either ignores the post never to return or avoids the question completely, like what he is doing now with his "oh youre talking to lostrib" comment.

Except the TC's comments don't make much sense.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MonsieurX

That must mean you and I are the same entity

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lostrib

@MonsieurX said:

That must mean you and I are the same entity

Conspiracies!

Fishsticklover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Fishsticklover

@the-lone-gamer said:

@fishsticklover said:

@MonsieurX said:

@fishsticklover said:

@fishsticklover said:

@MonsieurX said:

Yeah I just knew it. He has no proof of me not having games to play and he has no proof of me not having a vita. He just spouts random stuff which he can't back up. He also can't provide proof of him not having a low spec PC. He always finds excuses like he's at work or whatever.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lostrib

@fishsticklover said:

@the-lone-gamer said:

@fishsticklover said:

@MonsieurX said:

@fishsticklover said:

@fishsticklover said:

@MonsieurX said:

Yeah I just knew it. He has no proof of me not having games to play and he has no proof of me not having a vita. He just spouts random stuff which he can't back up. He also can't provide proof of him not having a low spec PC. He always finds excuses like he's at work or whatever.

I think you're confused who you're talking to?

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

@lostrib said:

@fishsticklover said:

@MonsieurX said:

@fishsticklover said:

@MonsieurX said:

@fishsticklover said:

@fishsticklover said:

@MonsieurX said:

@MonsieurX said:

He probably thinks he's calling out alt accounts.

He's not very good at it. Not one bit.

Avatar image for supercowelitist
SuperCowElitist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SuperCowElitist
Member since 2013 • 732 Posts

Lemmings won't be able to tell the difference, they're still using 720p TV.

Fishsticklover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Fishsticklover

@lostrib said:

@fishsticklover said:

@the-lone-gamer said:

@fishsticklover said:

@MonsieurX said:

@fishsticklover said:

@fishsticklover said:

@MonsieurX said:

I think you're confused who you're talking to?

Where are your pictures of your top tier PC?

the-lone-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the-lone-gamer

@lostrib said:

@the-lone-gamer said:

@fishsticklover said:

@MonsieurX said:

@fishsticklover said:

@fishsticklover said:

@MonsieurX said:

TC just thinks you and Monsier are the same person (as in switching between accounts) which i dont believe to be true. but everything else makes perfect sense.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

@lostrib said:

@fishsticklover said:

@MonsieurX said:

@fishsticklover said:

@MonsieurX said:

@fishsticklover said:

@fishsticklover said:

@MonsieurX said:

@MonsieurX said:

He's trying to call you guys out on being alts, most likely.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lostrib

@HavocV3 said:

@lostrib said:

@fishsticklover said:

@MonsieurX said:

@fishsticklover said:

@MonsieurX said:

@fishsticklover said:

@fishsticklover said:

@MonsieurX said:

@MonsieurX said:

He's trying to call you guys out on being alts, most likely.

TC just sounds like a crazy person

Fishsticklover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fishsticklover

@the-lone-gamer said:

@lostrib said:

@the-lone-gamer said:

@fishsticklover said:

@MonsieurX said:

@fishsticklover said:

@fishsticklover said:

@MonsieurX said:

TC just thinks you and Monsier are the same person (as in switching between accounts) which i dont believe to be true. but everything else makes perfect sense.

I have my reasons for thinking that.

One example is that Lostrib was too afraid to post pictures of his PC to prove whether or not he has a low spec PC or a top tier one. Ofcourse this made him frustrated because I exposed him. Which made him go after me on his other account MonsieurX, saying that I don't have a Vita (out of nowhere). So I asked him to prove it, because it made no sense for him to say that without any proof. And like I said he was unable to provide proof.

They have the same posting style.

They both avoid hard hitting questions.

And they always follow up on each other, just like in this thread, where both of them are suddenly active. Funny enough MonsieurX also came to his "rescue" (not really) in the other thread as well.

As you can see I have my reasons for thinking they are the same person, but it doesn't matter, even if they aren't.

MonsieurX failed to provide proof, and Lostrib failed to provide pictures.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lostrib

@fishsticklover said:

@the-lone-gamer said:

@lostrib said:

One example is that Lostrib was too afraid to post pictures of his PC to prove whether or not he has a low spec PC or a top tier one. Ofcourse this made him frustrated because I exposed him. Which made him go after me on his other account MonsieurX, saying that I don't have a Vita (out of nowhere). So I asked him to prove it, because it made no sense for him to say that without any proof. And like I said he doesn't have any proof.

They also have the same posting style.

And they always follow up on each other, just like in this thread, where both of them are suddenly active. Funny enough MonsieurX also came to his "rescue" in the other thread as well.

As you can see I have my reasons for thinking they are the same person, but it doesn't matter.

I wasn't afraid, I was at work. I have no idea what the Vita accusations are.

"They both avoid hard hitting questions"--that's what you do, troll.

I have no alts

Fishsticklover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Fishsticklover

@lostrib said:

@fishsticklover said:

@the-lone-gamer said:

@lostrib said:

One example is that Lostrib was too afraid to post pictures of his PC to prove whether or not he has a low spec PC or a top tier one. Ofcourse this made him frustrated because I exposed him. Which made him go after me on his other account MonsieurX, saying that I don't have a Vita (out of nowhere). So I asked him to prove it, because it made no sense for him to say that without any proof. And like I said he doesn't have any proof.

And they always follow up on each other, just like in this thread, where both of them are suddenly active. Funny enough MonsieurX also came to his "rescue" in the other thread as well.

As you can see I have my reasons for thinking they are the same person, but it doesn't matter.

I have no alts

Haha, I don't avoid anything at all. But let's see you avoiding this one more time: where are the pictures of your PC?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lostrib

@fishsticklover said:

@lostrib said:

@fishsticklover said:

@the-lone-gamer said:

@lostrib said:

I have no alts

Haha, I don't avoid anything at all. But let's see you avoiding this one more time: where are the pictures of your PC?

You avoided yesterday giving your opinion on what counted as low/med/high spec

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MonsieurX

@fishsticklover said:

@lostrib said:

@fishsticklover said:

@the-lone-gamer said:

@lostrib said:

I have no alts

Avoiding the pictures of your Vita,once again.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lostrib

@fishsticklover said:

@lostrib said:

@fishsticklover said:

@the-lone-gamer said:

@lostrib said:

I have no alts

the-lone-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By the-lone-gamer

@fishsticklover: yea it does seem kinda convenient how they both just so happen to be in the same threads all the time (especially in this thread). coincidental? Hmmm

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Probably

Fishsticklover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Fishsticklover
@lostrib said:

@fishsticklover said:

@lostrib said:

@fishsticklover said:

@the-lone-gamer said:

@lostrib said:

I have no alts

I didn't want to give you an answer because I feel that if you have a top tier PC (which you don't) you wouldn't be afraid to show it off.

But I see where this is going, I asked pictures (again for the 10th time) and you danced around the question once again. Either put up or you know the rest. :)

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MonsieurX

@lostrib said:

@fishsticklover said:

@lostrib said:

@fishsticklover said:

@the-lone-gamer said:

@lostrib said:

I have no alts

I wish I could high-five myself quite hard

Avatar image for enviouseyezonme
EnviousEyezOnMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By EnviousEyezOnMe
Member since 2013 • 272 Posts

So this topic was created with no proof? MmmmHhhmmm

Fishsticklover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Fishsticklover

@lostrib said:

@fishsticklover said:

@lostrib said:

@fishsticklover said:

@the-lone-gamer said:

@lostrib said:

I have no alts

MonsieurX: (out of nowhere) You don't have a vita! And you make rants because you don't have any games to play!
Me: (where did that came from?) Ok MonsieurX, if you can say that, why don't you prove it?
MonsieurX: Uhhh... Well gee, I can't
Me: I know you can't because you're not really that smart.

The End

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lostrib

@fishsticklover said:
@lostrib said:

@fishsticklover said:

@lostrib said:

I have no alts

I didn't want to give you an answer because I feel that if you have a top tier PC (which you don't) you wouldn't be afraid to show it off.

But I see where this is going, I asked pictures (again for the 10th time) and you danced around the question once again. Either put up or you know the rest. :)

It was meant to avoid you trolling but I see that is inevitable

Now shoo, troll

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MonsieurX

@fishsticklover said:

@lostrib said:

@fishsticklover said:

@lostrib said:

@fishsticklover said

I have no alts

MonsieurX: (out of nowhere) You don't have a vita! And you make rants because you don't have any games to play!

Me: (where did that came from?) Ok MonsieurX, if you can say that, why don't you prove it?

The End

Can't even prove me wrong,boohoo :'(

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Game comes out months after console releases, lems bring the "leave x1 some time, devs need to learn esram". Two year passes, Halo 6 comes out, is in 720p, lems bring the same bullshit "leave X1 some time, devs need to learn its hardware" lol. The game will be in 720p like the large majority of X1 titles and when its not 720p it'll be 900p. 1080p on X1 will be the miracle titles and mostly sports titles....

Not really. Lems are far more concerned with the game being great than appeasing the resolution fiends, lol. If a game is 1080p and sucks it still sucks. If Remedy or 343 or Respawn or Lionhead or Turn 10 say 720 or 900 upscaled gives us the best gameplay and graphics no one will complain if the game turns out to be great. Before this gen I enjoyed tons of non 1080p native games. If the PS4 games regularly hit 1080p more often that's good, but the console fails to deliver the games I want the best. And sacrificing resolution on multiplat to play with my pals, enjoy the MS exclusives and the Ones features, I'll make that compromise.

Having said all of that no doubt the devs will over the next two years optimize the hell out of Xbox One games and they will look miles better than launch titles. But if getting Halo 5 720 upscaled or 900 upscaled is a win for PS4, lol, you don't know why people play Halo in the first place. Where exactly did 1080p get Killzone? Nowhere. If the game is great then that's what counts. Resolution wars is lost on me. Great games wars is not.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lostrib

@fishsticklover said:

@lostrib said:

@fishsticklover said:

@lostrib said:

@fishsticklover said:

@the-lone-gamer said:

@lostrib said:

I have no alts

The End

Dude, you quoted the wrong person

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@silversix_ said:

Not really. Lems are far more concerned with the game being great than appeasing the resolution fiends, lol. If a game is 1080p and sucks it still sucks. If Remedy or 343 or Respawn or Lionhead or Turn 10 say 720 or 900 upscaled gives us the best gameplay and graphics no one will complain if the game turns out to be great. Before this gen I enjoyed tons of non 1080p native games. If the PS4 games regularly hit 1080p more often that's good, but the console fails to deliver the games I want the best. And sacrificing resolution on multiplat to play with my pals, enjoy the MS exclusives and the Ones features, I'll make that compromise.

Having said all of that no doubt the devs will over the next two years optimize the hell out of Xbox One games and they will look miles better than launch titles. But if getting Halo 5 720 upscaled or 900 upscaled is a win for PS4, lol, you don't know why people play Halo in the first place. Where exactly did 1080p get Killzone? Nowhere. If the game is great then that's what counts. Resolution wars is lost on me. Great games wars is not.

Worrying about gameplay is what sheep do since 06 because graphics isn't something they can have. Gameplay isn't something you should worry about because if its from a good dev, chance are, gameplay gotta be good you want it or not. Graphics on the other hand is what makes that 'good game' legendary and that status isn't gonna be reached much on X1.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

I'm not a huge fan of zombie games, hated Dead Rising, but after the VGX footage of this I think that might have changed. Definitely keeping my eye on it.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@lostrib@MonsieurX

Oh you guuuuuuys. :P

You're getting FishStick all confused now, his head will soon pop.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

Its obviously lower or else the dev would have come out and said both are 1080p

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

I think the smartest thing for Microsoft to do is develop more exclusive fighting games since those would be easier to reach 1080p. They will never make it happen with the other titles without sacrificing the content that makes the titles considered next gen. Like Forza 5 has finer details but lacks what previous titles contained. So Microsoft just made a transition but not an improvement. It fooled a lot of people including myself. I really don't know how the console is so damn big considering there is nothing significant inside. I guess Microsoft is trying to convince everybody that bigger is better. The Xbone is a weak system bottom line. Not any better than playing 360 except different titles.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MonsieurX

@_Matt_ said:

@lostrib@MonsieurX

Oh you guuuuuuys. :P

You're getting FishStick all confused now, his head will soon pop.

Shhhh,don't ruin our fun