DS is crap compared to GBA

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 NorthlandMan
Member since 2007 • 2302 Posts
[QUOTE="NorthlandMan"][QUOTE="me2002"]

I was comparing DS's games to GBA's in the same amount of time after launch incase you didn't get that.

I was also talking about now, not the future.

me2002

The problem with your analogy is that both handhelds are intrinsically different. The DS had a slow start as developers have only recently started making an effort with the machine. As such the DS in a far stronegr position with regards to dev support now than the GBA wever was. Also the DS is still alive

The GBA had an impressive start but tailored off after a few years. Devlopers tended to use it as a dumping ground for ports (as did Nintendo). The GBA is for all intents and purposes dead

The DS will last longe, the Ds is more successful, the DS has better third party support, the DS has better first party support. The DS wins

If its got better 1st and 3rd party support it sure is not showing it.

This might improve in the future but no one can see the future.

You see strong 1st and 3rd party. I see devs (including nintendo) cashing in on carp games. I'm not gonna argue with you because its obvious we're not gonna see the other's point of view.

better 1st party support = About 96 titles

better third party support = loads of Squareenix games, 14 capcom titles, new exclusives from EA and Ubisoft, Bioware, Mistwalker, Namco etc

an ANYONE who calls Dragon Quest 9, Zelda PH, Contra 4 and Ninja Gaiden "poor cash ins" is a disgrace to gaming

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

Thats nice...-.-' but im still waiting for my DS to come in the mail.-Taps fingers patiently- Yes...waiting.

Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 Dencore
Member since 2006 • 7094 Posts

All you've shown me TC that the GS sucks at rating games.

Just like the DS vs PSP.

Sure the PSP has more AAA's and AA's on GS, but at Gamerankings the DS has more AAA's and AA+'s then the PSP.

Also the GBA mostly contained ports, more ports then the PSP does actually. Again look it up on Gamerankings.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

better 1st party support = About 96 titles

better third party support = loads of Squareenix games, 14 capcom titles, new exclusives from EA and Ubisoft, Bioware, Mistwalker, Namco etc

an ANYONE who calls Dragon Quest 9, Zelda PH, Contra 4 and Ninja Gaiden "poor cash ins" is a disgrace to gaming

NorthlandMan

I agree there are some good game coming for DS, some proven franchise like you've listed

Those supposedly "better" 1st and 3rd party support have not materialised into great games yet so weather it genuine support or cash ins its still all speculation. More=/=better.

Like I said no one can see the future, thats why my thread disscusses the NOW, not the future. If you want to continue to speculate its your choice but don't put words in my mouth.

Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts

Just like the DS vs PSP.

Sure the PSP has more AAA's and AA's on GS, but at Gamerankings the DS has more AAA's and AA+'s then the PSP.

Also the GBA mostly contained ports, more ports then the PSP does actually. Again look it up on Gamerankings.

Dencore

Why are you at GS then? The rule of thumb is GS users use GS scores. PSP > DS in quality of games.

Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Dencore
Member since 2006 • 7094 Posts
[QUOTE="Dencore"]

Just like the DS vs PSP.

NobuoMusicMaker

Why are you at GS then? The rule of thumb is GS users use GS scores. PSP > DS in quality of games.

Not anymore.

OWNED

Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts
[QUOTE="NobuoMusicMaker"][QUOTE="Dencore"]

Just like the DS vs PSP.

Dencore

Not anymore.

OWNED

Well, I guess all those dozens of Christian review sites that automatically give kiddy DS titles perfect marks is how you like things to be done. :lol: Oh no! PSP games have fighting and things that Jesus doesn't like! 0/10

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts
[QUOTE="NobuoMusicMaker"][QUOTE="Dencore"]

Just like the DS vs PSP.

Dencore

Not anymore.

OWNED

not official. we're still using gs for now. make sure your not wrong next time before you try to claim ownage.

Mardil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Mardil
Member since 2004 • 3214 Posts
Standars have raised.
Goten_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#60 Goten_king
Member since 2004 • 4327 Posts
Well you also have to take into account what the expectations were. GBA was a SNES with a few more features. You could/and they did/ port some amazing style games from 16-32 bit era onto a GBA and it would work flawlessly. Also, the rating system was more lenient. Games were also easier to develop since this era had already passed(16/32bit) and they had experience in this type of gaming.

With the DS, yes its pretty much an N64 minus the blur effect, but you can't just port all teh great N64 games and ****of games onto the DS. It just doesn't work. You have to make "new" and "better" games to fill that void. What most were doing was transitioning from GBA or DS, giving the DS slightly enhanced GBA games that GS shot down horribly for thier quality (rightfully so). It was a radical leap with the touch screen and it takes time for devs to get used to it and use it properly to make better games.

GBA may have had more games, but DS has great, possibly greater games in comparison. GBA never got a real "new" super mario bros. They got a decent but still not perfect version of Mario Kart, DS got the definative Mario Kart. GBA started with SMB2, DS had SM64. But its still all opinion. Each system was a fantastic success.
cyprus646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#61 cyprus646
Member since 2004 • 4070 Posts
You know the DS has a GBA player on it right :lol: so if you dont wana play the asome DS games then play the great GBA ones.
-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 -Karmum-
Member since 2007 • 3775 Posts
Opinion is varied.
bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts
DS can play GBA games...best of both worlds.