DriveClub PS+ Edition Being Taken Down October 6, lolSony

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

User Lists: 0

#51 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts

@draign said:

So what? This is acceptable because its Sony.

Exactly. Can you imagine the outrage this would cause if it was MS, or even Nintendo (though to a lesser extent)? Every thing those companies do wrong, minor or major is placed under a microscope and I actually think that's good because that's how they learn. But Sony gets away with bs after bs it has gotten utterly ridiculous and now they're pulling this nonsense. And you can be sure it will only get worse. What's next? How about they turn on the switch to put the original Xbox One 'drm plans' that everybody hated into the PS4? It's Sony so it's perfectly fine.

BigKingCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 BigKingCheese
Member since 2014 • 283 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

Hahahahaha, nice one xD

But you have to admit, the PS4 one looks way worse, right ? Not even blaming this on Sony... It's Sony/activision that just think COD-gamers are bloody morons and will buy any crap, no matter how cheaply made it looks.

It looks shit standing up but OK lying flat.

MGSV LE console is still the king though

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5932 Posts

Still doing it for the gamers I see.

Well done Sony

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

Sony can be dicks

One of the bigger dick moves they made was shutting down the GT5 servers. To make 10m+ gamers buy GT6. lol gamers said no.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#55 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Sony can be dicks

One of the bigger dick moves they made was shutting down the GT5 servers. To make 10m+ gamers buy GT6. lol gamers said no.

That, plus their yearly shutting down of MLB The Show servers. Disgraceful.

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

I dont get what the big deal is, PS Plus games are always taken off after a while. As long as you have it ion your library, you can DL it any time again. So, not really an issue.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#57 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I'm not sure why they would take it down after being promised for a long time... Makes no sense to me personally. I picked the game up few days ago at 15$ PS+ deal and it's well worth it but the PS+ version should remain available to everyone as promised.. It might have been a good business decision but not a customer one.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
@nyadc said:

Is this for real? The free game came out in June after an 8 month delay from an already one year delay, and they're pulling it 4 months after release...

This will be completely fine simply because it's Sony, no question about it.

Are you people idiots? All "free" games get removed from PS+ and Games with Gold. Usually after a month. It's still in your library. How exactly is this a surprise?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44107 Posts

For Sony by Phony and all that jazz lol.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#60 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

@nethernova: I think the biggest problem was that Sony did promised PS+ version of DriveClub for PS+ owners many, many months ago and when it finally arrived it's now being taken down. I don't recall any statements or news that the PS+ version will only be available for specific amount of time. Maybe I'm wrong but that's the impression I got from earlier promises.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@nethernova: this is not a regular game, this was a specifically made edition of driveclub for PSN+ as a perk for subscribers. Taking it down is disingenuous.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Well if this doesn't summarize the low down shit ass company that Sony is, I don't know what to tell you then.

The amount of lies surrounding this bullshit all come down to $$$$.

They knew fanboys would cream over a free launch game.

They knew sales would suffer if people had a demo of this shit game.

They created stories about " mah servers overloaded" to push the demo out and allow the people who waited so long to buy the game.

This is Sony. Fucking you right in the ass. Dry.

The next Sony catastrophe is right around the corner.

BigKingCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 BigKingCheese

Lems like Justin talking more about DC than their own crap games. Hilarious.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@bigkingcheese: cows like GrenadeLauncher defending a shit company instead of having a solid arguement.

What happened to your other account? This new name doesn't suit you.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Well that's dishonest, if I had subscribed to PS+ under the impression that driveclub would be free (at least a demo is what they were offering) then I would feel entitled to have it until the network service was no longer available for the PS4.

What they are doing is bullshit and I'm not sure why as my understanding was the PS+ version was pretty much a demo of the full game anyway, so whats the point in removing it?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45201 Posts

TC is a bit bored, I see

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#68 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh boy, this won't end well.

BigKingCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By BigKingCheese

@FoxbatAlpha: Awwwww, bloo bloo bloo. Yo Justin, what do you think today's bundle will be?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidGame_basic said:

TC is a bit bored, I see

One day you will contribute something of worth in one of my threads. I know others think I am crazy for believing this, but I will continue to hope. Don't let me down.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#71 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20113 Posts

What a fuster cluck....

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60715 Posts

I wonder if it will be removed from your games list? hmm, guess we'll see.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#73 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

@nethernova said:
@nyadc said:

Is this for real? The free game came out in June after an 8 month delay from an already one year delay, and they're pulling it 4 months after release...

This will be completely fine simply because it's Sony, no question about it.

Are you people idiots? All "free" games get removed from PS+ and Games with Gold. Usually after a month. It's still in your library. How exactly is this a surprise?

because they promised it would remain.. you know.. for over a month?

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#74 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

I'm confused.

The game was supposed to be available for one month as a "free" game.

So why is it going away any kind of a surprise?

No it was supposed to be a bonus free game to soften the blow of paying for online MP via PSN+ available to all PSN+ subscribers

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

Came in to see the ShitTy's DC about how it's a good thing. Disappointed! I guess he didn't get the chance to read this shit yet. :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#77 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@Livecommander said:

@charizard1605: and the reasons why they back or changed dont matter ? Circumstances dont matter ? You sond super American lol. Btw i apologize for not knowing what apologism is lol. A lesser man wud of just googled it fast

Circumstances ???

People on here don't care about circumstances. It's just a whole bunch of hate trains aimed at MS or Sony.

The OP is actually making sense..... His post is completely correct and necessary.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@nyadc: @draign: It's not ok just b/c it's Sony.

Just wanted to set both you guys straight.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 darkangel115

I can't believe how poorly they handled driveclub. and this is the company people think would be best if they owned a monopoly in gaming? SMH

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@locopatho: if they went back to motorstorm id be so happy. Such better games. Too bad Motorstorm Apocalypse flopped in sales though.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#81 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Sony can be dicks

That, plus their yearly shutting down of MLB The Show servers. Disgraceful.

This is more of BS problem from Sony imo, not taking a demo down off the store after 3 months.

@jcrame10 I wish they would go back to Motorstorm as well, that series is likely dead though.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#82  Edited By heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Eh. It wasn't all that great anyway. Good riddance.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

Have to disagree with you tc. Sony gave the game away for free for about 4 months. If you didn't get it in those 4 months then that's not Sony's fault. Developing games costs millions.

Why should Sony give away a game that seems to be a favorite??

Looking at Sony's financial situation should make it even more clear that Sony simply can't afford to give away a game that could bring in millions.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 darkangel115

@EG101 said:

Have to disagree with you tc. Sony gave the game away for free for about 4 months. If you didn't get it in those 4 months then that's not Sony's fault. Developing games costs millions.

Looking at Sony's financial situation should make it even more clear that Sony simply can't afford to give away a game that could bring in millions.

probably because they promised it would be free always for PSN+ subscribers, hence why it's called the PSN+ edition and is separate form the game.

realistically speaking , it's a demo, it would be like pulling a demo from the store. My guess is the conversion rates to the full edition are so bad, they are pulling the plus edition to get more money.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

@darkangel115 said:
@EG101 said:

probably because they promised it would be free always for PSN+ subscribers, hence why it's called the PSN+ edition and is separate form the game.

realistically speaking , it's a demo, it would be like pulling a demo from the store. My guess is the conversion rates to the full edition are so bad, they are pulling the plus edition to get more money.

I have a strong feeling the game just came in waaaaaay Over budget and the only way to recoup that money is by selling the game. The game was delayed and when it finally launched it was an incomplete shell of a game. It took the devs months before the game was cleaned up, fixed and that costs Sony real money. Gamers can't expect AAA quality games for free and then those same games be continually updated to keep people interested.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@Sokol4ever said:

I'm not sure why they would take it down after being promised for a long time... Makes no sense to me personally. I picked the game up few days ago at 15$ PS+ deal and it's well worth it but the PS+ version should remain available to everyone as promised.. It might have been a good business decision but not a customer one.

It's only weird because of the delay for the "PlayStation plus" version, which I think they originally wanted to be an extended demo for the game (i.e. launch the PS+ version simultaneously). Once the PS+ version was delayed, it sort of became pointless.

Even though it's very weird how they ended up handling it , I don't see the big deal. Anyone that is a PlayStation Plus member can get it just like every other PS+ game. I bet they eventually end up just making the full version a monthly PlayStation plus game anyway. That's basically what they are doing with the current deal - which I just jumped on ($19.99 for the game and season pass bundle).

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

@EG101 said:

It's unethical to change your policy when you decide you could be making more money by changing it.

That and you make it sound like they were expecting it to be unsuccessful.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@darkangel115 said:
@EG101 said:

probably because they promised it would be free always for PSN+ subscribers,

they didn't.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@Heil68 said:

I assume it stays in your history forever so long as you are PS+ member, otherwise I would be the first to admit it's pretty shi%$y.

If they are just taking it off the store like other free games I don't see the big deal. It's kinda dumb the way they created a whole new "version" of the game - and it did take awhile for that gimped version to come out. But nothing is promised free forever. It was up there 4 months. What is a fair cutoff? 12 months? 5 years? 100 years? Seems like whining about nothing. Paid subscribers get the game, if you are not paying for subscription or are "waiting" to get a PS4 or to sign up, too bad. You didn't pay for it anyway.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56172 Posts

And nothing of value was lost.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

@2Chalupas said:
@Heil68 said:

I assume it stays in your history forever so long as you are PS+ member, otherwise I would be the first to admit it's pretty shi%$y.

If they are just taking it off the store like other free games I don't see the big deal. It's kinda dumb the way they created a whole new "version" of the game - and it did take awhile for that gimped version to come out. But nothing is promised free forever. It was up there 4 months. What is a fair cutoff? 12 months? 5 years? 100 years? Seems like whining about nothing. Paid subscribers get the game, if you are not paying for subscription or are "waiting" to get a PS4 or to sign up, too bad. You didn't pay for it anyway.

Whether the PS+ edition will stay in our download lists would depend on if the servers for it are separate. If they are, I suppose no reason is seen to keep the PS+ version running.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Sony and Playstation are known for shutting down more of their games & servers and more often than others. And it looks like they're shutting them down faster now too. I wouldn't be surprised if more of their PS+ free games get delisted and taken back. I thought them shutting down games was just a PS3 problem but it looks like it's occurring this gen with the PS4 too. Maybe they should raise the price of PS+ at all regions and not just some so it could help keep games and servers up forever or longer. #GreatmessAwaits

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@Jaysonguy said:

I'm confused.

The game was supposed to be available for one month as a "free" game.

So why is it going away any kind of a surprise?

It was never going to be on for just a month.

Are you sure?

It was supposed to be the free game of what? February? Then it just got delayed over and over.

I'm pretty sure it was never supposed to be a semi free to play game