Driveclub > Forza 5 when it comes to graphics

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by SirBrandt (60 posts) -

Driveclub looks and sounds absolutely amazing. These are their 2 latest videos:

If the snowy setting doesn't impress you, then keep an eye out for some of the lighting effects – at about nine seconds in, the brake lights of a passing vehicle illuminate the cockpit of the primary car, and reflect in its chrome door handle.

And here is another short video showing off Driveclub's dynamic skies:

The sound is great too, which is no surprise after reading this on Evolution's Facebook page:

"We have a very talented and VERY hardworking audio team. We obsess about every detail, going to great lengths to record and then recreate the sounds of each car individually, rigging them all up with 17 mics and then putting them through their paces. ;-) One of the impressive things is that when you change the camera view, the audio adjusts dynamically, so when you're playing with a camera view outside of the car it sounds like your're outside of the car...and when you're playing with a camera view inside the car it sounds phenomenal!"

Anyone who still wants to believe that Forza 5 still looks better now, NEEDS to download this Forza 5 video: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_forza_5_gameplay_video-14670_en.html
But for the people that are too lazy to do that, here is a picture I took from said video: http://i.imgur.com/mBJLEar.jpg

I have to give Evolution Studios a ton of credit., their game does so much more than Forza, yet still looks a whole lot better. And to think that Evolution had to start from scratch... And by putting this game on PlayStation Plus for free, they are going to get a huge audience for their game.

#2 Posted by killzowned24 (7286 posts) -

Nextgen engine vs currentgen upscaled to 1080p, of course Driveclub looks better :)

#3 Posted by Evo_nine (1574 posts) -

its only 30fps lol

#4 Posted by Dilrod (4233 posts) -

Played both, although forza 5 doesn't look next gen, it is better looking than drive club.

#5 Edited by nightshade869 (3457 posts) -

They both look great...problem solved

#6 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

Pretty obvious you all have not seen Drive Club in person. It is on par with Need For Speed Rivals at best.

#7 Edited by SirBrandt (60 posts) -

@Dilrod said:

Played both, although forza 5 doesn't look next gen, it is better looking than drive club.

Not anymore it doesn't. It's filled with jaggies and last-gen techniques

#8 Posted by killzowned24 (7286 posts) -

Pretty obvious you all have not seen Drive Club in person. It is on par with Need For Speed Rivals at best.

lol

#9 Posted by SirBrandt (60 posts) -

Sorry, I have to respectfully disagree with that statement. I think Forza looks like ass with those jaggies while still having last-gen techniques

#10 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

One of these days people are gonna learn that youtube is a terrible way to prove a point. Wii games look as good as high end PC games on youtube. Come on trolls......at least fucking try,

#11 Posted by Dilrod (4233 posts) -

@sirbrandt I played the final build of forza 5. It really didn't have any jaggies, but it wasn't spectacular. I still thought it looked and felt better than drive club.

#12 Posted by SuperCowElitist (730 posts) -

@timbers_WSU said:

lol

Whoa, looks identical. Forza 5 just looks brighter.

#13 Edited by SuperCowElitist (730 posts) -

One of these days people are gonna learn that youtube is a terrible way to prove a point. Wii games look as good as high end PC games on youtube. Come on trolls......at least fucking try,

Perhaps you should find a better way to make comparison?

#14 Edited by PinkiePirate (2081 posts) -

Driveclub as it is now looks leaps and bounds better than Forza 5. There's so much more detail going on in the environments and the lighting is beautiful. I don't think it's even a contest. Driveclub has come such a long way since what we first saw at E3.

#15 Posted by SirBrandt (60 posts) -

If Wii games can look high end on Youtube, how come Forza 5 doesn't look high end on Youtube?

#16 Posted by killzowned24 (7286 posts) -

The guy in the video said it too. you can dl the direct feed from ms.looks like crap.

Just like all xbone games, lems are afraid to posts actual gameplay shots.

#17 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10026 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

lol

From being able to differentiate between threads of carbon fiber to the resounding upgrade the lighting engine has undergone. The fact that Turn-10 spent six months creating each car really shows.

Whats more interesting is that laser scanning the tracks has changed the way they actually look instead of just how they drive.

#18 Edited by silversix_ (13569 posts) -

Forza looks a gen behind when viewed on YouTube and even worst when played on a big screen where imperfections are so noticeable. Comparing the two is like comparing a racer on wiiiiiiiiiu to project cars maxed on pc, nobodygottime4dat

#19 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10026 posts) -

Forza looks a gen behind when viewed on YouTube and even worst when played on a big screen where imperfections are so noticeable. Comparing the two is like comparing a racer on wiiiiiiiiiu to project cars maxed on pc, nobodygottime4dat

Hopefully more than four of Project CARS tracks will be laser scanned though

#20 Edited by SonofK (1066 posts) -

Not only does Drive Turd look like a PS3 game but it can't even hit 30 fps. No wonder they delayed it, they were too scared of Forza kicking it's face in. And it's no wonder they have to give that piece of crap free with PSN+

The only one's who think Drive Turd looks good are the idiots and cows...although they're one in the same..

#21 Posted by l34052 (3062 posts) -

The sheer quantity of denial in this thread is amazing, to anyone with eyes that actually work its clear the DC looks better than F5 in almost every aspect and its not finished yet.

F5 will no doubt be a great game but the reality is it doesnt look anywhere near as good as DC graphically.

#22 Posted by stereointegrity (10677 posts) -

getting tired of seeing just these small 7 seconds clips...what is this vine

#23 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8145 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

@timbers_WSU said:

lol

No, it doesn't. Besides, it's a crap resolution made even worse by a horrible YT compression. The difference gets substantial while in the tunnel, when exposed to any lens / sun effects involving HDR, and up close with surrounding buildings.

#24 Posted by p3anut (5838 posts) -

Nextgen engine vs currentgen upscaled to 1080p, of course Driveclub looks better :)

Yeah and having only 3 cars at the same time helps on having better graphics too.

#25 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10026 posts) -

@p3anut said:

@killzowned24 said:

Yeah and having only 3 cars at the same time helps on having better graphics too.

its still 16 - no worries

LMP and GT on Le Mans at the same time should be something else indeed

#26 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

Forza 5 doesn't look laggy and choppy......... DriveClub looks like poop.

#27 Posted by hoosier7 (3670 posts) -

Oh great, more alts everywhere...

#28 Posted by _Matt_ (8762 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

Oh great, more alts everywhere...

Huzzah for alts! ¬__¬

#29 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2121 posts) -

The only thing more boring than racing games is graphical comparisons of racing games.

#30 Posted by HitmanActual (311 posts) -

Doesn't matter if Driveclub has the best graphics or not. The fact is I will be playing Forza in a few days while I can't play Driveclub until sometime next year. At the moment comparisons are pointless and meaningless.

#31 Posted by Shewgenja (7934 posts) -
#32 Edited by RimacBugatti (1170 posts) -

Driveclub will have the better environments which is important because when I'm driving I'm usually looking at the road in front of me instead of my interior. Maybe that's why there are so many accidents. By the time I've gotten in the car I have usually seen enough to not have to admire the leather seats while I'm doing 150 mph. I don't that's just me but it seems to make sense.

#33 Posted by OLLIEscouse (41 posts) -

Driveclub does start to look better than Forza I must admit, but who cares

#34 Posted by Snugenz (11409 posts) -

@Dilrod said:

Last gen techniques like what?.

#35 Edited by profanityVP (385 posts) -

i haven't seen the latest vids for either, but i'm pretty sure a game coming out a few months after would look better,

its progression,

#36 Posted by Desmonic (12666 posts) -

DriveClub looks much better now than the first gameplay footage we've seen but despite being more my style of game (more arcade less sim) I have no doubt that Forza 5 will end up being the better game out of the two. Either way both look great and seem proper upgrades from past gen raxcng games.

#37 Edited by OLLIEscouse (41 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@sirbrandt said:

@Dilrod said:

I think what he means is that everything Driveclub does is dynamic (the lightning, the sky) and Forza 5 doesn't have that unfortunately. With Driveclub every single race will look and feel different

#38 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

Who cares? It's 100% about the gameplay which Forza excels at and people still play Richard Burns Rally from like 2004 because of the gameplay alone.

#39 Posted by Snugenz (11409 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@sirbrandt said:

@Dilrod said:

I think what he means is that everything Driveclub does is dynamic (the lightning, the sky) and Forza 5 doesn't have that unfortunately With Driveclub every single race will look and feel different

Forza has dynamic lighting, it has a static day/night cycle (as in the time of day doesn't change) and honestly they're two features i really couldn't give a shit about in a racing sim, i'm not getting and Xbone or Forza 5 but piddly shit like that wouldn't stop me.

Console gamers and their sudden "standards" about what is and isn't next gen make me laugh.

#40 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1623 posts) -

Looks great, im glad Driveclub got delayed to get 1080/60.

#41 Edited by Suppaman100 (3583 posts) -

DC looks superior in every way. Forza looks like a PS3 game...

#42 Edited by withe1982 (450 posts) -

I really have no time at all for racing games but that second DC vidio, when in HD, looks tremendous. Very close to photo realistic. Obviously Forza will appeal to the arcade crowd and looks very, very good but purely from a graphics point of view DC wins this round.

#43 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

Cows out of launch games since they flopped. Now they hype and wish the next wave will deliver. They won't.

Don't you think it is funny that DeivClub releases 9 sec vids. They are a year off release and will be adding downgrades. Typical.

#44 Edited by edidili (3446 posts) -

Doesn't Driveclub run at 30fps? That's half the amount of frames it has to render in one second. Looks like they went for eye candy over gameplay.

#45 Posted by cimbom1993 (38 posts) -

i just wanne see driveclub vs horizon 2.

#46 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

Not just graphics, it actually destroys it in everything else too. It even is a better simulator than flopza.

#47 Posted by nexus303 (204 posts) -

Comparing Driveclub to Forza is embrassing, they are not even in the same league.

#48 Edited by cimbom1993 (38 posts) -

car quality is better in forza its just the lighting and the enviroments that make driveclub feel realistic. however forza choise for more artistic design than to be real witch looks good to me + that 60fps :)

#49 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16464 posts) -

I have seen Forza 5 in person and no it doesn't look good. I was surprised at just how current gen it looked. Jaggies everywhere.

#50 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23395 posts) -

quick, talk about the gfx because god knows you don't want to talk about it being made by the motorstorm guys.